Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 5[ 168 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Dual Destinies release day!Topic%20Title

Wow, Iv'e been waiting for this game since 2010...

At case 2 now and it feels soooo good to be playing this game!

Heh heh.

My reason for purchasing a 3DS has officially been justified. I'd play case 2 right now but there's this thing called school getting in the way...
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

Okay, now that its release, please keep an ear out for us if they might physicaly release it for any reasons whatsoever. Heck, I would buy it in both format if it meant a physical release <.<

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Isn't it enough that we got the game localized? Seriously, stop begging for a physical release.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Ace Attorney

BonnyMono wrote:
Isn't it enough that we got the game localized? Seriously, stop begging for a physical release.

I also want a physical release, and I'm not begging. Neither is he. I'd also buy the game twice (already playing it and loving it) if that meant a physical release.

Just because the game made it over here doesn't mean we lose out right to complain when its justified.

Anyway, game is awesome :will:

Golf anyone?

MERC wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

I also want a physical release, and I'm not begging. Neither is he. I'd also buy the game twice (already playing it and loving it) if that meant a physical release.

Just because the game made it over here doesn't mean we lose out right to complain when its justified.

Besides, there are people (like me) who like to have physical copies of games.
Living on a prayer.

ZAWA ZAWA

Bloodfox05 wrote:
MERC wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

Besides, there are people (like me) who like to have physical copies of games.

And there's people like me who have crappy wifi that craps out when the game is halfway downloaded, which is what happened to me today.

Blah!

Baia_74 wrote:

And there's people like me who have crappy wifi that craps out when the game is halfway downloaded, which is what happened to me today.

Just tell the eShop to download later and put your 3DS to sleep for half an hour or so. That way, if the download is interrupted, it will automatically resume.

Actually, if the download fails, you may be able to exit the eShop and the equivalent of download later can happen. If a present icon appears on the home screen, that indicates it's ready to continue when you sleep the system. That happened to me when an error appeared after I had 97% downloaded.

The King of All

When should the sales start showing? Is it like how in Japan where there are weekly sales or is it shown in a press release?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Deadpool 9 wrote:
When should the sales start showing? Is it like how in Japan where there are weekly sales or is it shown in a press release?

I certainly hope sales would turn out to be good enough for Capcom... Good enough to finally start bringing AAI2 to the West! :sal:

The King of All

39300 wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:

I certainly hope sales would turn out to be good enough for Capcom... Good enough to finally start bringing AAI2 to the West! :sal:

If you look at the charts on the eShop, Dual Destinies is number 1 in recent ratings, all user ratings, and most importantly, recent releases which I suspect is a sales chart.
Also, the game has 230 user ratings so far, 225 of them being 5 stars and the remaining 5 ratings are 4 stars.
It's incredible that Dual Destinies is above Pokemon X and Y. :gant:
The king of all, Sir Duke

Achtung,baby~!

Can't get the DLC...It says "No DLC available".

Blah!

Jonathan wrote:
Can't get the DLC...It says "No DLC available".

That's odd, I suggest you try again, because I had no issues. Make sure your wireless is on too, but I'd suspect there would be a different error if that was the cause.

You are doing it from the in-game menu, right?

Achtung,baby~!

Yeah. Clicked on the extras menu,activated spotpass and clicked X.
Could it be because I downloaded the game from the Brazilian eshop?

Blah!

Jonathan wrote:
Yeah. Clicked on the extras menu,activated spotpass and clicked X.
Could it be because I downloaded the game from the Brazilian eshop?

Hmm, I don't know anything about DLC in South America. But you should be able to access the DLC using that green button in the extras menu, spotpass not required.

At least, if DLC does end up being released in your region, you should get a spotpass notification about it. At least, I assume that's what spotpass is supposed to be used for.

Maybe you should check again every day or something to make sure your eShop isn't just bugged, since the costumes are no longer free after November 7.

Ace Attorney

Can I ask you guys a question? I noticed that the game is rated M, and that really disappointed me because I prefer not to buy M rated games because of the inappropriate content. And all the other games were rated Teen, so what about this one warrants an M rating? Is it extra violent or does it have bad language? Or is it like every other AA game, but they just have stricter ratings for games now? I really need to know before I buy this game because I really want it, but won't buy it if the content is really offensive.

Blah!

PhoenixFan1986 wrote:
Can I ask you guys a question? I noticed that the game is rated M, and that really disappointed me because I prefer not to buy M rated games because of the inappropriate content. And all the other games were rated Teen, so what about this one warrants an M rating? Is it extra violent or does it have bad language? Or is it like every other AA game, but they just have stricter ratings for games now? I really need to know before I buy this game because I really want it, but won't buy it if the content is really offensive.

While I still have only completed up to case 3 so far, I heard there was something in case 5 that may have caused the M rating. No idea what though, but I suspect it might be violence.

There hasn't been any vulgar language or anything I would consider offensive, except blood, in the first three cases. And I don't expect the rest of the game to change much in that respect.

Also, keep in mind that every other region rated the game at least one level (many two levels) lower than their equivalent of the M rating.

Ace Attorney

blahmoomoo wrote:
PhoenixFan1986 wrote:

While I still have only completed up to case 3 so far, I heard there was something in case 5 that may have caused the M rating. No idea what though, but I suspect it might be violence.

There hasn't been any vulgar language or anything I would consider offensive, except blood, in the first three cases. And I don't expect the rest of the game to change much in that respect.

Also, keep in mind that every other region rated the game at least one level (many two levels) lower than their equivalent of the M rating.

Thanks for the advice. I feel comfortable buying it now. :phoenix:

Programmer

The most shocking part is the cutscene where young Athena stands in a white void covered in blood. Otherwise it's mostly the same stuff as usual. Blood splotches in a few spots, no gore, no pictures of body internals. There was one joke that slipped in from the higher rating, a one line joke implicitly referencing to a sexual kink, but otherwise nothing you haven't seen before in the series.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Gettin' Old!

It's only a 16+ rating in Europe as well if it sets your mind any easier.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Golf anyone?

PhoenixFan1986 wrote:

I dont know why I am the only one who knows this. The ESRB gave AADD a M rating because they believe that the crimes committed in the game are not acceptable like they were back in (just throwing in a date here) 2008. So, the game is completely the same, it's just, the ESRB are changing their policies as the times change.
Living on a prayer.

Gettin' Old!

Bloodfox05 wrote:
PhoenixFan1986 wrote:

I dont know why I am the only one who knows this. The ESRB gave AADD a M rating because they believe that the crimes committed in the game are not acceptable like they were back in (just throwing in a date here) 2008. So, the game is completely the same, it's just, the ESRB are changing their policies as the times change.

You don't think it's because of...

Spoiler: Case 1
The Courtroom bombing and the 'mad' bomber at the end of that case?

Y'think that might have been a bit of a more sensitive crime for people? It had never been done before after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Pierre wrote:
Bloodfox05 wrote:
PhoenixFan1986 wrote:

You don't think it's because of...

Spoiler: Case 1
The Courtroom bombing and the 'mad' bomber at the end of that case?

Y'think that might have been a bit of a more sensitive crime for people? It had never been done before after all.

I haven't actually played the game yet, but from what I've seen I think it mainly has to do with:
Spoiler: What I've heard regarding things regarding content in all cases; beware vague spoilers
1. The Courthouse bombing, as Pierre said. Ratings revolving around content similar to a recent tragic event are always going to be rated higher than they might have if the game had come out at a different time.
2. That one scene with the young Athena covered in blood. That's a bit more graphic than anything in the series before. I don't know if the actual gameplay has blood/gore content of this intensity or if this is a one time thing.
3. From some of the crime scene photos they released before the game came out, there is quite a bit more blood than usual. It's still not at the "in your face" level as the Athena cutscene but it still is quite a bit more than the "little red puddle under the body" that we usually see in AA.
4. Apparently Case 5 has some disturbing elements, but I haven't spoiled myself and read what they are.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Golf anyone?

Just now remembered, didn't someone have blood splatted on them in AAJFA?
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Just now remembered, didn't someone have blood splatted on them in AAJFA?

Spoiler:
Yes when Mimi Mini was pretending to be Maya she got blood on her but it was much less and it was much less graphic.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

hopefully i will finally get my 3DS this week so i can waste my entire week playing dual destiny :sparkly-maggey:

I get DD on Friday! I'm so so so excited! :jazzedgy:

やった!とてもうれしい!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I smuggled my 3DS into my school grounds, connected to their Internet, and downloaded the game at lunch. Luckily, I brought my charger, but I had to play the game when I got home. I finished the game on Saturday, too. That was one hell of a 3-day trial, if you ask me. :edgy:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Anybody from NY know if there was any tax to download the game?

Golf anyone?

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

Yes.
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:

Yes.

How much is the tax?

Golf anyone?

Not real sure. Like 10% or cheaper. :sillytrucy:
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:

Would $35 be good lol?

Golf anyone?

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Bloodfox05 wrote:

Would $35 be good lol?

Thats what im going to do when I get it.
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Bloodfox05 wrote:

Would $35 be good lol?

Thats what im going to do when I get it.

I might get it today so if I do ill let you know exactly how much it costs

Golf anyone?

Thanks. Us East Coast people need to stick together. :sillytrucy: lol.
Living on a prayer.

Bloodfox05 wrote:
Thanks. Us East Coast people need to stick together. :sillytrucy: lol.

No problem and hell yeah one love mon :keiko:

Now I'm slowly twiddling my thumbs in wait for the DLC case...
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Javadoze wrote:
Now I'm slowly twiddling my thumbs in wait for the DLC case...

I honestly thought they would have announced it the day of the release like in Japan. Hopefully we'll hear about it in the next week or so.

EDIT: At the end of today's developer blog, Janet Hsu mentioned the DLC case and that there'd be more info about it in the "very near future". Now, this was from a making-of/developer blog standpoint, meaning she'll probably be back next week to talk about the making of the DLC, but it would be the perfect time to announce a release date, so I'm hoping it happens.

The truth will see you free~

Are they localizing only one case or are they localizing both?
Sig by joa_fan. ^_^
Page 3 of 5 [ 168 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes