Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 103 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Gyakuten Saiban 5 RumorTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

There's been a story floating around gaming news sites lately, regarding the next entry in the Ace Attorney saga. The source of the rumor was 2Chan, which as far as rumor and gossip sources go, is less the internet's water cooler and more like the contaminated koolaid fountain. So anything 2Chan related should be taken with a heap of sodium chloride.

That said, the line that's making the rounds across the net suffers from an acute case of Engrish. The good folks here at CR have offered a better translation, which actually tells us more about what the 2Chan author meant to say.

Translated 2Chan wrote:
Gyakuten Saiban 5: The scenario will be written by someone from the Gyakuten Kenji project

The 2Channer does not cite who. But we've known for two years now that Eshiro (The Ace Attorney Investigations Producer) offered his help in Gyakuten Saiban 5. However, we did not learn if his offer was accepted. Shuu Takumi is responsible for the story behind Ace Attorneys 1, 2, 3, 4, Ghost Trick, and the upcoming Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Eshiro was behind both Edgeworth games.

Right now, we know Takumi is involved with Level-5 in the upcoming Vs title, but CR has heard nothing regarding what Eshiro is up to these days, since the release of the Japan only Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

We must reiterate that we don't know the validity of the 2chan rumor. While there is nothing in the rumor that contradicts anything we currently know about GS5 or current activities at Capcom, the rumor has been reported wrong regarding other items posted with the GS5 rumor, specifically the Monster Hunter rumor regarding online play.

With that said, it IS September, Tokyo Game Show is just over a week away, and the pre-TGS issue Famitisu hasn't come out yet. Pre-TGS Famitisu has been the traditional first official word for new Ace Attorney games. So, even if the 2chan poster is also wrong about GS5, it wouldn't be out of place to hear more major Ace Attorney news in the coming days.

... Speaking of GS5. Court-Records.net is STILL hosting the Pick your Prosecutor Contest. The contest has been running just shy of 5 years now. So here's our problem. Even if someone happens to have picked the most accurate description of the next prosecutor rival, they may have left the CR community in that time, thus unqualified to receive whatever prize they may have won. So there's no harm in getting some last minute entries in.

Just remember, the moment we learn who the prosecutor is, the contest thread will be locked, and any post edited after the discovery date will be disqualified.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: 4chan/2chan GS5 Rumor?Topic%20Title

Fangasm. Commence. (If true)

But I wonder how the Ace Attorney series will look like on the 3DS and how more Edgeworth-centric the series can be.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I heard this, but I didn't think it was really worth posting - I'd love to be proven wrong though.

For the record, the AA5 rumor came from 2ch:

Original rumor wrote:
任天堂カンファレンスリーク

・MHの新作が3DS独占で発表。オンラインプレイ対応。
・グッドフィールの新作が発表。ヨッシーの横スクロール系。
・世界樹の迷宮の新作が発表。
・初音ミクの音ゲーが発表。セガ開発。曲は全てボーカロイド。
・シルバー事件3DS発表。DSで開発中の物を3DSへシフト。
・メイドインワリオスタッフの新作発表。
・3DSのソフトの体験版配信について発表。マリオランド3D等を配信。・四つの剣配信日発表。無料配信を予定
・アルケミストの新作が発表。オリジナルADV。萌えキャラが出る推理物。
・逆転裁判5新作。シナリオは逆転検事の人。 (TL: Gyakuten Saiban 5. Scenario involves Gyakuten Kenji's 'person' [Edgeworth]."

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Actually 逆転検事の人 is pretty vague. "Person from Gyakuten Kenji" is pretty much how you would say it in English. It would imply Edgeworth since he's the main character, but it could be referring to any character from AAI.
I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! But even if it is... would they even consider bringing it to the U.S.? Or even in English? If they won't localize AAI2, what will happen to this one? It's only the most anticipated game among Ace Attorney fans in the last few years.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

A new Gyakuten Saiban game with an Edgeworth scenario? Oh yeah, that's called Gyakuten Kenji 3, and they won't announce it next week, yet it will come to 3DS some day. Or maybe it will be announced, that'd be awesome. Or maybe it IS Gyakuten Saiban 5, in which case HOLY F*CK GYAKUTEN SAIBAN 5!!!!

Still, take this with a huge bucket of poorly refined salt.

元・超会社員級の管理人

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... n_famitsu/

Early leaks suggest Monster Hunter and the slide pad add-on are real, but this is not confirmed and it suggests the game is Monster Hunter Portable 3G - whether or not this meshes with the AA5 rumor's "new MH game" is open to interpretation, since 3G would be an update of MHTri.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Bolt Storm wrote:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/07/3ds_stuff_in_famitsu/

Early leaks suggest Monster Hunter and the slide pad add-on are real, but this is not confirmed and it suggests the game is Monster Hunter Portable 3G - whether or not this meshes with the AA5 rumor's "new MH game" is open to interpretation, since 3G would be an update of MHTri.

"The game will reportedly retain the water elements of Wii's Monster Hunter 3 and will offer local wireless play."

"and will offer local wireless play."

"local wireless play"

"local"

...Really, MH Tri G? Really?

Also, Andriasang's cool and reliable, but pics of the second slide pad or it didn't happen >:D

By the way, I don't think this adds anything to the AA5 rumor, since those just appeared out of nowhere, while MH Tri G speculation has been floating around for weeks now. Still, it's nice to have an excuse to mention GS5 from time to time... *sigh*

元・超会社員級の管理人

The "local wireless play" suggests it's not online, which in turn suggests the GS5 rumor is most likely bunk. It happens.

Wooster wrote:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I'd honestly be more excited if this were about the localization of either AAI2 or PLvsAA.

As for who's going to be in GS5 that was also in GK, my money's on Gumshoe. :wellington:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

迷探偵

tayo wrote:
Actually 逆転検事の人 is pretty vague. "Person from Gyakuten Kenji" is pretty much how you would say it in English. It would imply Edgeworth since he's the main character, but it could be referring to any character from AAI.
I HOPE THIS IS TRUE! But even if it is... would they even consider bringing it to the U.S.? Or even in English? If they won't localize AAI2, what will happen to this one? It's only the most anticipated game among Ace Attorney fans in the last few years.

Actually, in this context, it's a lot more likely that it refers to the scenario writer ('scenario by the one of Gyakuten Kenji').
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Tea time.

Gyakuten Kenji 3D (GET IT!? derp). I'm calling it.

If the whole GS5 rumor is true then does that mean Takumi is coming back to developing AA while still working on PL Vs AA? or is he just giving the okay, and letting the AAI team do it?

Well who knows, it may be a bit too premature to talk about the plot at this point but I hope they tie in some events from AAI into the main series and not just ignore it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Ash wrote:
tayo wrote:

Actually, in this context, it's a lot more likely that it refers to the scenario writer ('scenario by the one of Gyakuten Kenji').

So effectively, it's saying that Eshiro is taking the helm of GS5? It's been Over two years since we last heard anything on that front. So there's some weight to that, if accurate.

Tea time.

Wooster wrote:

So effectively, it's saying that Eshiro is taking the helm of GS5? It's been Over two years since we last heard anything on that front. So there's some weight to that, if accurate.

Eshiro? Oh my, I would so love it if this were to be the case.

Call me James

If it's Gyakuten Kenji 3, then this does not surprise me. I am somewhat indifferent if it is.

If it's Gyakuten Saiban 5, the HELLS YEAH! :gant: This would be very interesting news.

(Also, I'm hoping that the "New Yoshi horizontal side-scroller" is real. I love Yoshi and all his games. :will: )
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Professor Yoshi wrote:
If it's Gyakuten Kenji 3, then this does not surprise me. I am somewhat indifferent if it is.

If it's Gyakuten Saiban 5, the HELLS YEAH! :gant: This would be very interesting news.

(Also, I'm hoping that the "New Yoshi horizontal side-scroller" is real. I love Yoshi and all his games. :will: )

Even 'Yoshi's Story'? I'm a die hard Mario fan, but even I couldn't stomach that game.

... Now I crave Yoshi's Cookie.

Call me James

Wooster wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

Even 'Yoshi's Story'? I'm a die hard Mario fan, but even I couldn't stomach that game.

... Now I crave Yoshi's Cookie.

It's not THAT bad. Just boring (and the overly cute/childlike nature of it gets annoying very fast).

Not that I would play it, though. Good lord, no.

I think pretty much the only thing anyone every remembers about that game is "The asshoooole, the asshooooole, the asshooooole!"

:redd:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Call me Ishmael.

All of a sudden I miss Yoshi's Island.

From what I've heard 2chan is generally accurate with things like this. If it's true, then it's probably an AAI game which I would completely fine with too.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Wooster wrote:
Also, Andriasang's cool and reliable, but pics of the second slide pad or it didn't happen >:D

:phoenix: I have no idea how reliable it is though.
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sorry to rain on folks' parades, but it bears repeating that since there's been no indication of MHP3G having online play, the GS5 rumor is most likely bunk. I could be wrong (hell, I'd be thrilled to be), but online definitely seems like a feature they would mention early on in marketing.

Still, this is Capcom we're talking about - who knows what they're thinking? They could be saving online for Nintendo's conference next week.

Wooster wrote:

Aka Miss Fortune / Sir Prize

I sure hope this is real.
Please be phoenix please be phoenix please be phoenix

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bolt Storm wrote:
Sorry to rain on folks' parades, but it bears repeating that since there's been no indication of MHP3G having online play, the GS5 rumor is most likely bunk. I could be wrong (hell, I'd be thrilled to be), but online definitely seems like a feature they would mention early on in marketing.

Still, this is Capcom we're talking about - who knows what they're thinking? They could be saving online for Nintendo's conference next week.

I'm not going to debate the MHP3G topic, mostly because I don't know the first thing about MH or its marketing state. But I will say, the timing would be extremely convenient given past history.

FACTS:
  • Traditionally, new AA games have been announced via Famitisu just prior to TGS.
  • TGS is on the 16th.
  • Nintendo's conference is on the 13th.
  • Capcom reportedly had a hand in designing the 3DS dongle.
  • Takumi is working on Layton Vs; We don't know how much of his team is with him, or what Jiro's team is working. (Not to mention that movie project)

CONJECTURE:
  • The 3DS is a flop because the 'best' games for the 3DS are remakes. Nintendo NEEDS to pump upcoming 3DS games at the conference, regardless if they use the add-on or not.
  • Because Capcom had a hand in designing the dongle, it's not unreasonable for them in particular to have a showcase of what's new in the pipeline. (Deciding which to showcase, however, at TGS and which at Nintendo first is up in the air.)
  • 'If' Capcom is showing off titles at the Nintendo conference, on top of the convenient timing with TGS, GS5 would have a semi-decent shot at being revealed there, being a franchise that's been traditionally on Nintendo handhelds.
  • It may also be within Capcom's interest to showcase Layton Vs, and GS5 at different venues. But, Level-5 is the wildcard in that scenario.

Predictions for the Nintendo Conference
  • 'Official' details on GBA on 3DS's Virtual Console, perhaps dates for the Ambassador program. (Perhaps trickling through the rest of the year?)
  • Kid Icarus takes advantage of the new dongle (It was hinted that they weren't leaving Lefties in the dust)
  • 3DS Pocket/Lite in 2012
  • Games are showcased, beyond Kid Icarus

AAO English community manager

It's even on IGN, now!

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192719p1.html

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't true!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Meph wrote:
It's even on IGN, now!

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192719p1.html

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't true!

Nah, they're reading the same info as we are and coming to somewhat different conclusions (And writing their conclusions much better IMO, even if it's only regurgitation)

元・超会社員級の管理人

Wooster wrote:
Various facts and stuff

And this is why I haven't written off a surprise GS5 announcement entirely - there are some factors that suggest it's possible. You also forgot to note that Motohide Eshiro isn't working on any projects at the moment as far as we know, and he's offered in the past to work on GS5. It would also be the perfect lead-in to the 10th anniversary in October - but only if they feel PLvsAA and the GS movie aren't enough already, which they very may well, especially given Level-5's conference is in October.

In any event, we'll most likely know by the end of next week - if GS5 is real, I'm 95% certain it'd be shown off at at least one (and most likely all three) of Nintendo's conference, next week's Famitsu, and TGS. October might be the anniversary, but now is Capcom's time to show off their new products, and unless they've sold the rights to AA to Level-5 (ha), it wouldn't be announced at Level-5 World.

(As an aside, I wouldn't put too much faith in that IGN article - it's most likely a measure so that if the rumors are legit they won't have been scooped.)

Wooster wrote:

Wooster wrote:
Ash wrote:
tayo wrote:

Holy cow, Eshiro DID say he wanted to do GS5 and had asked GS producer Matsukawa about it...

This could be huge. What if GK3 and GS5 end up being the same game, a huge, series-ending game where Phoenix, Edgeworth and Apollo's stories collide!? Jesus Christ I'm dreaming too much, this is not good for me. There isn't even a reason to be hyped about...

Alright, I'm okay. We're 5 days from the day. Wait and see, people, wait and see.

I don't know why people keep mentioning GK3. It specifically says "Gyakuten Saiban 5" in that post.
逆転裁判5新作。シナリオは逆転検事の人。
"Gyakuten Saiban 5 New Production. A scenario contains a character from Gyakuten Kenji."
If this is true, I highly doubt it is GK3, but it's not farfetched for GS5 to contain characters from Gyakuten Kenji.

Gettin' Old!

Don't know why your complaining about local wireless play for Monster Hunter 3G

It's the ONLY way to play.
Trust me playing online with a bunch of faceless nobodies is nothing to sitting with your buddies whacking the teeth out a dragon. I'm psyched about this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I hope it's true, and I think Capcom's smart enough to localize it here as long as it's a main series AA game. The whole AAI2 debacle is because of it being a spin-off, making it even more niche than it already was. Though I'm gonna be annoyed if AA5 takes a lot of cues from AAI2, as I'll have no clue what they're talking about!.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Just so we're all clear, when they say "scenario" they're not talking about "a scenario that takes place in the game/the game's story" they're talking about the writers. It's a new game, Gyakuten Saiban 5, by the Kenji team. At least, that's the rumor.

I don't believe anything anymore until I really see it, but here's hoping. And oh God, PYP5 has a bazillion entries from over the past five years. How are we gonna tally that!?
ImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Pierre wrote:
Don't know why your complaining about local wireless play for Monster Hunter 3G

It's the ONLY way to play.
Trust me playing online with a bunch of faceless nobodies is nothing to sitting with your buddies whacking the teeth out a dragon. I'm psyched about this.

We aren't complaining about local play at all. We're saying that had they confirmed online play for it, it would lend credence to the GS5 rumor which was in the batch stating MHP3G would have online play. :shoe:

Wooster wrote:
Re: Gyakuten Saibain 5 RumorTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Updated opening post, and moved to Trial Minutes with a better grasp of the story as we know it.

Croik wrote:
Just so we're all clear, when they say "scenario" they're not talking about "a scenario that takes place in the game/the game's story" they're talking about the writers. It's a new game, Gyakuten Saiban 5, by the Kenji team. At least, that's the rumor.

I don't believe anything anymore until I really see it, but here's hoping. And oh God, PYP5 has a bazillion entries from over the past five years. How are we gonna tally that!?

How do you know that? I'm not disagreeing, but even as I translate it, it's very vague. Also, I'm not sure how the word "scenario" refers to writers. Nothing is said about the writers, and we don't have context other than that sentence to go off of.
Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 RumorTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, we'll know for certain by the end of next week. Here's hoping for a surprise.

Wooster wrote:

Phoenix's reveal trailer for UMvC3 is being shown off at TGS as well, at least according to the leaks. It makes sense to have it coincide with GS5 for ultimate hype.

The idea of a "person from Gyakuten Kenji" to me means that it's a character who was designed specifically for GK rather than someone who was from the original series. In that regard, probably Kay or Lang will be popping up. If it's Kay then it's a shoe in Edgeworth will be there as well. Maybe it's not too late to give up on the dream of Phoenix and Maya squaring off against Edgeworth and Kay.

I suppose time will tell how based this is.

迷探偵

tayo wrote:
Croik wrote:

How do you know that? I'm not disagreeing, but even as I translate it, it's very vague. Also, I'm not sure how the word "scenario" refers to writers. Nothing is said about the writers, and we don't have context other than that sentence to go off of.

It's just the most natural way to read the (admittedly very short) original Japanese source. Just add in a による (シナリオは逆転検事の人[による]). Reading those lines as 'a scenario featuring someone from GK' would require a somewhat unnatural reading of the original Japanese IMHO. But of course, the source is very short, so it might refer to that, but it would be a rather strange way to say it.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Tea time.

nevertalk wrote:
The idea of a "person from Gyakuten Kenji" to me means that it's a character who was designed specifically for GK rather than someone who was from the original series. In that regard, probably Kay or Lang will be popping up. If it's Kay then it's a shoe in Edgeworth will be there as well. Maybe it's not too late to give up on the dream of Phoenix and Maya squaring off against Edgeworth and Kay.

I suppose time will tell how based this is.

I can definitely see this happening.

Assuming GS5 is picking off straight from the Apollo storyline, we already know the established main characters meaning this "person from Gyakuten Kenji" has to be the rival right? I mean it's almost traditional that we're given a small hint or an out front reveal to the new rival character in a sequel were we already know the main characters.

It's probably just me being a Kay fanboy, but I'd say she fits the bill the most, father was a prosecutor she would be at the rightful age, gives a reason for Edgeworth's appearance as a sort of mentor figure. But hey, that's just wishful thinking on my part. However either she's the rival or not, I'd still really love to see both of these worlds collide, and tie both games together, versus just flat out ignore the GK events. Even if the that small tidbit is regarding the writers I'm still for the idea, and it makes it much more probable if the writers from GK are given full reign.

I think it was pretty stablished that "the person from GK scenario" is Eshiro, not Edgeworth or a GK in-game character. So the rumor says "GS5 from GK scenario writer" (Eshiro), not "GS5 with character from GK".

Not Guilty!

I hope this is true. And yes, I beleive that when they said "a person from Gyakuten Kenji" They meant the writers, not the characters. Anyway, I hope the main character is Phoenix. Well, we will find out on 16th :)

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

About the Eshiro+GS5 thing: Are we even sure that they were ever talking about "Gyakuten Saiban 5", a sequel starring Phoenix or Apollo or whoever else? For all we know, we simply jump to that "GS5" conclusion, and when we ask about "GS5", it translates to them as "that new game they might be making whose main character hasn't been decided yet". At least, that's how I seem to have interpreted it two years ago. This could be the same thing, where all we really hear about is "a new game" and predictably think it's GS5, only for it to be something slightly different, just like the other three times. Not that I'm complaining that there's a new game, though a lot of people seem to get really passionate about it...

Obviously, all this is working under the assumption that there is a new game. No need to make that point in reply.

迷探偵

^The original Japanese source from 2ch mentions Gyakuten Saiban 5 explicitly.
Page 1 of 3 [ 103 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes