Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

AA5 to have animation from Bones + Kokone's official artTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

While the details on this are still scarce, during a live presentation today it was announced Bones, the studio responsible for PLvsAA's animated scenes, are also working on Ace Attorney 5.

Thank hoso_boso for the update. At the moment it's not clear how these scenes will play into the game.

The official site has also updated with official art for Kokone.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA5 to have animation from Bones + Kokone's official artTopic%20Title

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

My God! I really wanted this to happen aswell! I can't be more happy than i am now!

I can see these being used for parts of the case prologues, important events (An example from a previous game where it could be used, where Gumshoe/ F Von Karma bursts into the court, and maybe at case conclusions. Nice and vague.

Also, Phoenix likes them young doesn't he! Jeesh...

:shoe:

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Hell yeah! Maybe this will open the door to a full-fledged anime!!?!

PL vs PW <33

Is it just me, or does Kokone's design look like Akita Neru's(Vocaloid)?

But yay animation! maybe this means cutscenes!! :D
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

世界中

MapleRose wrote:
Is it just me, or does Kokone's design look like Akita Neru's(Vocaloid)?

You know I always thought that too.

I wonder if this means animated cutscenes?

Nice name, isn't it?

Animated cutscenes.... in MY Ace Attorney!?

Thank you, based Capcom. :acro:
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

Programmer

I have the gut feeling that you should be thanking Level 5.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

The Law 'Shark'

Ace Attorney should stay a joint venture with Level 5...the pair of them have reinvigerated the series hardcore.

All of the want - animated cutscenes are just a natural fit for this game in this day and age - Love it!~
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Blah!

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Ace Attorney should stay a joint venture with Level 5...the pair of them have reinvigerated the series hardcore.

All of the want - animated cutscenes are just a natural fit for this game in this day and age - Love it!~

Bones is an anime studio that's independent of Level 5. They just happen to have been hired to do cutscenes for some games, which seems to be getting more common lately now that I think about it...

But yeah, I suppose Capcom might have hired Bones for AA5 because they also animated PL vs. AA cutscenes.

Contradiction

Did anyone else notice that these animated sequences are animated at a way higher resolution (720p) than the 3DS supports (240p). Seems like a lot of trouble unless they plan to use them for something other than the 3DS.

The Law 'Shark'

They probably have something arranged for the 3DS, but weren't able to show them off effectively.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Nah. It's exactly like the TGS court videos using illustrations instead of sprites. They're just using dev world 3D models and output rather then the 3DS. Otherwise, it might as well be on the Vita.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

The truth will see you free~

Quote:
Hell yeah! Maybe this will open the door to a full-fledged anime!!?!

Oh yes please! I've always been wishing for something like this to happen. I don't exactly know who to thank, either Level-5 or Capcom, but either way, the series will be back better than ever. The cutscenes look cool enough, can't wait when it's completely rendered to be shown to the fans. :will:
Sig by joa_fan. ^_^

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Wasn't there supposed to be a live action sitcom based on AA in Australia at some point? I wonder what happened to that project.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Whether it be an anime, an animated trailer, or there are now animated cutscenes in game (thank you bones, Capcom & level 5) I am positively tingling with sheer delight at any, all, either of these prospects, but my guess is that they are going to end up in game at crucial points. (plus possibly intro's and conclusions of cases(if not in 3D models))
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I don't know if I'd want an animated show based on AA. Animation would give them license to make it exactly like the games, and I don't think that the games would work that well in a show.

On the other hand, A live action show which would make everything more subtle and force the vibe to be different...that would work really well.

But in terms of cutscenes, this is great. AA plots have long been overdue for non-sprite-based action/important scenes. As long as they don't use it for every dialogue scene in the game or something.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Can I just say I'm the opposite of hyped for this? I can't think of a single good reason why they'd choose this over making 3D cutscenes with the models they already have.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Woolbeast Material wrote:
Can I just say I'm the opposite of hyped for this? I can't think of a single good reason why they'd choose this over making 3D cutscenes with the models they already have.

Because for some things, handdrawn animation just looks better. Also, don't think the company is chosen was cheap. This is Bones, the company who animated FMA, widely regarded as one of the best japanese animated series of all time.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

...Hopefully someday... xD

Wait...We get...Animated scenes?!?!?!
On the other hand I'm like; "Aaaaw...I'm gonna miss the old way... :C"
...But on the OTHER hand I'm like; "AA5 is getting animated scenes?!"
ImageImageImageImage

Judging from the screens, the animations are looking good. I can practically imagine the sense of epicness I'll get when playing the last case and one of the best scenes starts playing in Bones animation. :acro:

Art Person

This will be cool!
I think that the animated arts will add to the story's draw on the player.
It'll make it more interesting to play. (Just like those amazing cutscenes in Professor Layton, and how they added to the story)

Missile

Yeah, I'm gonna be skeptical until I see a bit more footage. The 3D rival animations from Street Fighter 4 were great, but the 2D outsourced animations were really lazy and badly drawn. Hope they're better for GS.

SuperAj3 wrote:
This will be cool!
It'll make it more interesting to play. (Just like those amazing cutscenes in Professor Layton, and how they added to the story)

This is what I was trying to say a post ago. It isn't the same to write a scene than to write and visualize it.

...Hopefully someday... xD

Reimitsurugi wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
This will be cool!

This is what I was trying to say a post ago. It isn't the same to write a scene than to write and visualize it.

Plus it's more easier this way really.
Sure; AA did great job telling us what was happening with just still pics,
but the cutscenes from Layton (f.e) would have been more trickier to just write.
And it makes the game look fast paced too.
Try to get these sentences people. :phoenix:
ImageImageImageImage

ouboros wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna be skeptical until I see a bit more footage. The 3D rival animations from Street Fighter 4 were great, but the 2D outsourced animations were really lazy and badly drawn. Hope they're better for GS.

They should be the same as the ones in PLvAA, and these looked great.

Lusankya wrote:
ouboros wrote:

They should be the same as the ones in PLvAA, and these looked great.

It's not the look I'm worried about so much as the sound.
See, when they dub the animated bits into English, they're going to have to structure the dialogue around Japanese mouth flaps, which in games like Catherine or Persona 3 and 4 has resulted in the characters talking like anime people in a way that pulls me out of the action rather than drawing me in.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand from fooling around with Source Filmmaker, modern 3D animation programs have tools that allow you to synchronize a character model's mouth flaps with an audio file. Using this technology would make mouth flaps a non-issue and give the voice cast enough leeway to give significantly more naturalistic performances that, in my opinion, would more than make up for any visual tradeoff.

Also, since it's on the 3DS, aren't they going to have to make the cutscenes 3D anyway, in the stereoscopic sense? I've never seen hand-drawn animation in 3D before, but I'm kind of struggling to imagine how it could look not weird. :yuusaku:

Blah!

At least one of the Kid Icarus animations on the 3DS was mostly traditional animation rather than all CG and it was in 3D. It looked fine to me.

I am pretty sure that one of the demos of PL vs. AA accidentally had 3D on for a little bit during an animated cutscene, and it was definitely in 3D.

Missile

Am I the only one to notice that the lip-synching is completely off on the animated scenes for Layton vs GS?!!! It looks like one those badly dubbed 70's Kung fu movies.

Blah!

ouboros wrote:
Am I the only one to notice that the lip-synching is completely off on the animated scenes for Layton vs GS?!!! It looks like one those badly dubbed 70's Kung fu movies.

I am pretty sure that the lip sync is off because the lines in the trailer are different from what's in the actual cutscene. It's especially apparent when Nick is talking in the airplane, where his mouth is closed for a second during his line. There's no way they could have gotten the lip sync that wrong, unless the lines were different.

Achtung,baby~!

Well,I'm not worried about the sound nor am I worried about the quality,but I do wonder how the cutscenes will be incorporated in-game.

Given Bones are doing the Animation, I am not worried about the quality either. Also, I see this as a chance: They can use the cutscenes to incoporate more characters into the story without crowding the screen, as it was often the case in AAI. (...I shall never forget... The 8-people-rebuttal in GK2... *shudder*)

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Hopefully there will be aGallery of some sort to add to the game's replay value. Remember the last games? They had really low replay values.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

jaydrick0620 wrote:
Hopefully there will be aGallery of some sort to add to the game's replay value. Remember the last games? They had really low replay values.

Being able to collect cutscenes for rewatch or something like fully examinable 3D Models of all characters would be really awesome! :edgy:

Neni wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

Being able to collect cutscenes for rewatch or something like fully examinable 3D Models of all characters would be really awesome! :edgy:

Examining 3D models of characters sounds interesting.

jaydrick0620 wrote:

I don't know how a gallery should add to the replay value? But I disagree anyway, because I played every AA game at least four times and I think they have a great replay value. I just want to play them again and again, because I really "miss" the characters and just love to hear the great music again. So even when I already know every inch of the story, it doesn't become boring for me. I guess it's the same reason why I rewatch my favorite movies.

Last edited by Lusankya on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exactly. Galleries are more nice to have than actually replay value elements.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Just wondering... What WOULD add to the game's replay value?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Blah!

jaydrick0620 wrote:

An Ace Attorney RPG built in to the game!

...well, Professor Layton did it... :yogi:

jaydrick0620 wrote:

If the game had achievements, they could use them for instances like presenting X piece of evidence/profile to X character and/or examining X thing in a scene or triggering the step/ladder argument.

Programmer

Didn't the iOS port add achievements?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Page 1 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes