Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Kotaku: PLvsAA gameplay vid, PLvsAA and AA5 hands-onTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Kotaku's been busy at TGS, offering up three pieces on the wonderful world of Ace Attorney.

First, there's about 5 minutes of Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney footage. This appears to be the beginning of the game, featuring a trial not unlike the ones we've seen before, albeit with a wholly new cast besides Phoenix and Maya.

Next, there's a more detailed write-up on PLvsAA. Check the source link for the full story, but the author notes:

Quote:
All in all, it really felt like I was playing two different games connected by the characters and story instead of a mixture of the two. And while I hope for special puzzles that mix the games' two different puzzle styles in the final product, I found my time with Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney enjoyable as a fan of both series.

Finally, the lucky fellows got hands-on with Ace Attorney 5. Again, there's more details at the link (including that the soundtrack seems to be orchestrated), but the author sums up as follows:

Quote:
In my brief 15 minutes with Ace Attorney 5, the game felt like it was an improvement over past titles in every way while at the same time was remaining true to the spirit of the series as a whole. Simply put, from what I played, I have no objections when it comes to Ace Attorney 5.

After the past nine months of news drought, TGS is starting to feel like a monsoon, eh?

Thanks to SlientBobX for the heads up!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Kotaku: PLvsAA gameplay vid, PLvsAA and AA5 hands-onTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Bones? Does this mean there are cutscenes in GS5? As long as they don't use them too heavily this is amazing. It means we might actually get some animated segments rather than the "action shot still" image we'd get in the others!

Oops, already mentioned and confirmed. The news is coming too quickly to keep up! Sorry about that.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

What am I Prosecuting fooooooor!?

Spreading news likes it's blues clues... Eh... Forget I said that.
Spoiler:
For some reason, the prosecutor gives off Payne vibes... Perhaps Phoenix went to America/Europe and faced off against his cousin. :payne: I kinda dig the chocolate eating police officer, or guard, or whatever. Hat Fwip!

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

SilentBobX wrote:
Spoiler:
For some reason, the prosecutor gives off Payne vibes... Perhaps Phoenix went to America/Europe and faced off against his cousin. :payne: I kinda dig the chocolate eating police officer, or guard, or whatever. Hat Fwip!

I would have thought this would be the London business trip thingy?

:shoe:

irishmarcoos wrote:
SilentBobX wrote:

I would have thought this would be the London business trip thingy?

Obviously. That's why the judge looks like a stereotypical british judge with his old fashioned wig and all. ;)

And don't use spoilertags on unspoilery things or people might not read it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Quote:
All in all, it really felt like I was playing two different games connected by the characters and story instead of a mixture of the two. And while I hope for special puzzles that mix the games' two different puzzle styles in the final product, I found my time with Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney enjoyable as a fan of both series.

Hmm. I'm not sure how this was unexpected. I mean, I could kinda comprehend solving puzzles in court, a la Adrian's Bear. But Investigation phase stinks. The only thing Ace Attorney could add to Layton's gameplay is collecting evidence, and having the NPCs be a bit more relevant to the plot. I'm not surprised the gameplay is segregated, but it's the best kind of segregation: Where puzzle overload is countered by breaks in court. And Ace Attorney's inept investigation phase is countered by puzzle time!
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

The truth will see you free~

Thanks for the heads-up!

The review seems really intriguing. I mean, the one who played the demo's a fan of both Layton and Phoenix, right? So he'd surely know what it's all about, like the strengths and weaknesses of the two. Reading the article again, it's very likely that this game will turn out to be a hit, not only with the old audiences of both fandoms, but to puzzle lovers who haven't tried either game yet. Just hoping it gets localized soon enough!
Sig by joa_fan. ^_^

is a five star man.

Knowing a london judge, I can sadly say that they don't have gavels...

However this game looks epic! Can't wait!
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Level-5's Localised press release:

PROFESSOR LAYTON VS ACE ATTORNEY*

An intriguing collaboration between two popular adventure games, “PROFESSOR LAYTON” and “ACE ATTORNEY,” will be released in Japan on November 29 for Nintendo 3DS! The destinies of Professor of Archaeology Hershel Layton and defense attorney Phoenix Wright collide in a parallel universe, the medieval city of Labyrinth. The player will be challenged to alternate between adventure and courtroom portions of the game as our heroes take part in an astonishing witch trial where “what is written in the story will always come to pass.” In a judicial system where common sense succumbs to irrationality, the stakes have never been higher!

http://level5ia.com/news/level-5-presen ... 2-line-up/

Fate Testarossa

Well hopefully they do localize this here... >.<

Fate is made by クロス

Here are much better and longer videos from the demo:
http://www.gamesradar.com/profssor-layt ... crossover/

2YN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILQlSmm ... tube_gdata
PLvsAA gameplay vid Layton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVcR8q0 ... el&list=UL
PLvsAA gameplay vid Naruhodo

Here are much clearer vid with acual audio in it from the 3DS demo from 4GamerMovie. Enjoy

Update: Although some parts are skip though. :sadshoe:

Last edited by PlayGer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Assuming it'll be localized, it should take six months from its release, so... May should be the month.

PlayGer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pILQlSmmLdU&feature=youtube_gdata
PLvsAA gameplay vid Layton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVcR8q0 ... el&list=UL
PLvsAA gameplay vid Naruhodo

Here are much clearer vid with acual audio in it from the 3DS demo from 4GamerMovie. Enjoy

It's so beautiful...
I love how each character has their own "text sound", e.g. Mahoney clearly belongs to the AA universe. :)

Edit: Dat Examination - Moderate theme!

The Law 'Shark'

I only have one thing to say...the west sorely needs this game.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Programmer

I would ask you to be more specific about which game you are talking about. But then I realized that it doesn't matter. Your statement applies to both.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
I would ask you to be more specific about which game you are talking about. But then I realized that it doesn't matter. Your statement applies to both.

His statement applies to PLvPW because GS5 has been confirmed since its first week that it'll be localized, unlike this other game.

The Law 'Shark'

Reimitsurugi wrote:
henke37 wrote:

His statement applies to PLvPW because GS5 has been confirmed since its first week that it'll be localized, unlike this other game.

And Bingo was his name-o!

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Reimitsurugi wrote:
henke37 wrote:

And Bingo was his name-o!

(Sp)ace Detective

Now wait a minute. I know this is the sort of irregularity that hardly stands out in the GS universe (on either side of the fourth wall), but is GS!Britain's legal system just as dysfunctional as the Japamerican one or is there a reason Phoenix is allowed to take a criminal defense case in London?
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Programmer

Same reason why Franziska is allowed to prosecute wherever she darn well wants to.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

KingRaptor wrote:
Now wait a minute. I know this is the sort of irregularity that hardly stands out in the GS universe (on either side of the fourth wall), but is GS!Britain's legal system just as dysfunctional as the Japamerican one or is there a reason Phoenix is allowed to take a criminal defense case in London?

There's always a flaw in a legal system (since they're humanly operated), specially cases that involve rich people.

The Law 'Shark'

We're talking about a fictonal legal system that continually treats forensic investigating like a new, untested advancement.
{ And we saw that taking place in the first game set in 2016...! }

I don't think accuracy is ever going to be an issue here, seeing as it's about as inaccurate as it could possibly be.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes