Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

Pierre wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:
iKiwed wrote:
So....Apollo is the prosecutor.

Am I the only one who is sad?

I hope so, it'll be amazing! Prosecutors aren't always bad guys 8(

Hey lets not get ahead of ourselves, there's no guarantee yet the silouhette character is a prosecutor or that it's Apollo like some folks say he might've borrowed the Jacket and things or it could be another character who Apollo is connected to in someway.

Not that Prosecutors are all bad guys but I think the silhouette looks too different outside the jacket, especially the hair.

Think you're totally jumping the gun on this.

1) I'm calm.
2) I know Prosecutors are not bad guys. I'm worried about his personality. That's all.

A Trustworthy Witness

Awesome. I'm relieved to see they aren't shutting Apollo completely out of the spotlight. Now I want to see what they have planned for him this game. I'm predicting he gets the same treatment Raiden got in Metal Gear Solid 4, where he gets all of the cool scenes to make the casual fans like him more.

And then he gets turned into a cyborg and cuts down enemy forces with his Chords of Steel.

Wotter boy

Maybe, since Polly's back, we could possibly see a return of some others too...
I wouldn't get my hopes too high up though.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

So, if Apollo got hit in the courtroom blast... I'm going to assume Trucy was there with him. Nobody was killed in the blast, but I'm going to assume Apollo wasn't the only one hit by it (as was implied in the TGS demo). Love his design, though.

I really hope we'll get more info from the Famitsu leak soon.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Anyways, now that C-R's up and I've got a minute: personally I love the design because it's like Apollo's trying super hard to be serious and cool but I can't help but still see him as a bit of a dweeb.

If he does wind up being the prosecutor (which does seem more likely than before at this point), then I'll be very interested (and a little apprehensive) to see why he switched sides. I'd hate for them to mangle his character just for the sake of giving him a 'cool' new role.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

iKiwed wrote:
Hey Guys, look the mysterious shape on TGS 2012.
If you look carefully, his left arm has an unnatural pose. This because of the jacket on the shoulders.
And there is a part of the shape that seems to have a scarf (on right of the shape).
indeed, is a part of bandage.
For who didn't understand: Look this
Spoiler:

It was my first thought to check that silhouette after I saw Apollo.
But, I highly doubt it's him. The hair does not match at all, and if you look at the trailer, a feather comes down just before the silhouette appears, and the original image (where you hadn't drawn right over this part) it appears they are wearing a feather boa looking thing coming over their shoulder. As seen here
Spoiler:

Gettin' Old!

iKiwed wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:
iKiwed wrote:

I hope so, it'll be amazing! Prosecutors aren't always bad guys 8(

O-oh, thank you Image
But now Apollo is serious. Before, Apollo was a sarcastic defender.
*Sigh* I don't know...
He was my favourite character....

He was serious before, I always thought he was far more serious and tense than Phoenix was in his cases and personality. Apollo actually gets so passionate about what he does he resorts to violence! Phoenix gets confronted with violence several times and just runs from it or doesn't react at all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Prosecutor

Pierre wrote:
He was serious before, I always thought he was far more serious and tense than Phoenix was in his cases and personality. Apollo actually gets so passionate about what he does he resorts to violence! Phoenix gets confronted with violence several times and just runs from it or doesn't react at all.

I agree, but in his personality He was (or is, We'll see) a bit sarcastic (or pessimist, sometimes when someone talks about him).
Anyway It took a while, but I think It could be interesting...
An Apollo bandaged.

Yay! I'm so happy Apollo is officially in GS5, always thought he would be but nice to know for sure :odoroki:

I don't think he will be a prosecutor though. I mean I see the logic with the photos and all, and I'm not 100% against the idea...I just don't think he actually is. Unless it's something Phoenix and him came up with together, to set the justice system to rights or something (apollo's not gonna be evil, :minuki: wouldn't allow it). But really I think the prosecutor will be a whole new character.

...Hopefully someday... xD

Yeah yeah yeah, on the other hand I'm happy to see Apollo is back but...Whatta raging **ll?!
I still don't know how to react if he's gonna be prosecutor now...If so then...I guess that head bandana is somekinda "blind Justice" -kinda thing.
...But...Now I'm dying for info...GG WP Capcom...
ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

I personally do not see the logic in Prosecutor Apollo. First of all, if he was hit by the bomb in Case 1, which is fairly likely at this point, then he would be the defense attorney in that case, since, if I recall correctly, the bomb exploded in the defense's bench, meaning he has not thought about switching sides at that point. Following that logic, why would he suddenly change sides to prosecute after being hit in the explosion? That'd come out of nowhere. To catch the bomber? Phoenix (most likely) does that in Case 1. To catch a hypothetical crime ring behind everything? Maybe, but he'd still be able to do that with Phoenix's help as it is. Especially as he's the inofficial Phoenix Wright fanboy.

It doesn't make sense to me to suddenly see Prosecutor Apollo in the game (especially not already appearing in Case 2, which I assume is when he appears). It'd be really rushed character development unless the game is themed around his insecurity of being a Defense attorney, and with Kokone sharing the spotlight PLUS Phoenix returning to his roots of helping people, it'd be one giant soup of too many things going on at once.

tldr; Maybe I'm wrong and Capcom will do something that actually works, but until there's actually official word of this happening, I don't think Apollo is going to prosecute anytime soon.

Pitipiui wrote:
That jacket looks like it came straight out of Von Karma's wardrobe. :sawit:

The jacket is the reason I thought "prosecutor" when I saw the pic hahaha

I really want him to be a prosecutor now ._.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Prosecutor

taxidermy wrote:
iKiwed wrote:
Hey Guys, look the mysterious shape on TGS 2012.
If you look carefully, his left arm has an unnatural pose. This because of the jacket on the shoulders.
And there is a part of the shape that seems to have a scarf (on right of the shape).
indeed, is a part of bandage.
For who didn't understand: Look this
Spoiler:

It was my first thought to check that silhouette after I saw Apollo.
But, I highly doubt it's him. The hair does not match at all, and if you look at the trailer, a feather comes down just before the silhouette appears, and the original image (where you hadn't drawn right over this part) it appears they are wearing a feather boa looking thing coming over their shoulder. As seen here
Spoiler:

My Picture is not different to yours.
These is just assumptions, obvious it is not confirmed, eh.
I agree with you about his hair, not for feather scarf.
On tumblr I saw a post about the feather.
About what I understand, the feather is correlated with the mythology.
Look this:
Spoiler:

And the name Apollo is from the Sun god.
Of course this is just an idea. We'll see when there will be updates.
(Sorry but I need more time to say/write something more complex, I'm still learning English, my apologies).

Wow! I wasn't too fussed about Apollo being in GS5, but he looks so cool! I agree that I think this is the best way to keep him in game, with GS4 being a prologue to Phoenix's story in GS5, rather than a standalone story. I think this game looks perfect in every way possible, except I'd like Maya and Edgey to be in it!

Personally, I think it looks like Polly's borrowed the jacket, and I hope he's not the Prosecutor. I like the Prosecutor characters, but I don't feel Apollo fits that role.

Is it just me or does Polly's hair look kinda like Von Karma's, and he jacket too.

When I read Apollo was gonna be back all bandaged up, I thought he was gonna show up all beat up and in a cast. Then Phoenix has to defend him for accusation of murder. Haha, but I like this too. Apollo looks like a bancho and if he is on the prosecutor side, my question would be "Why?" and "How?" because he Apollo was never the prosecuting type. Then again, If Phoenix can become a hobo with such a character evolution, so can Apollo.

I honestly hope he plays a major role in the game. By that I mean he doesn't show up just for forensics sake and all. That was one of the disappointments of Ema in AJ:AA.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

A couple of thoughts:

1. No matter what they do with him at this point, it's obvious he's in a big enough role to require a different look. If he was in the game for 5 minutes they would not have bothered to change his appearance.

2. As others have stated, he is wearing the jacket with the high collars, something that (to my knowledge) only Manfred Von Karma and Young Edgeworth wore. I have no idea why he has military-style gold stars on his jacket, but by the design of the jacket itself it would not surprise me if Apollo was the prosecutor.

3. It would not be that far-fetched to have Apollo become a prosecutor, for a couple of reasons:
A. As others have mentioned, Apollo was a always a little more aggressive and cynical that Phoenix was. In court he gave off a bit of a different vibe than Phoenix did: When I play as Phoenix, his words and actions have always seemed to be mainly focused on "My client is innocent, and if that's the case then that man is guilty!" as in he never forgets the reason why he's doing it. Apollo's statements and actions at GS4 may start out that way, but often as little as half-way through a court trial his thinking about putting the real criminal behind bars is at the forefront of his mind.
B. He was never totally comfortable with how Phoenix did things and acted. Now, it's not like he hated him or anything, and he agreed with him on all the end results, but he wasn't always impressed with Phoenix's methods. Now, he wouldn't switch sides over that, but if he had already switched sides over something else the fact that Phoenix didn't totally live up to his expectations would mean he wouldn't feel weird about going against him in court. It's a little like not knowing your father when you're growing up, thinking he's an amazing guy, then you meet him and you realize he's a bit of a dirtbag. You don't hate him or anything, but you won't worship him anymore and you can get into an argument with him without feeling inferior.
C. In the world of legal dramas, it only takes one case to completely ruin the meaning you find in your job. A defense attorney who lets a witness get killed or gets a guilty guy off and he kills again? Something like that could easily get a fictional lawyer to switch sides.

On the other hand, it would also be completely within his character to stay a defense attorney. It could go either way.

So were the images it in Famitsu or was there an article as well?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Here's the way I see it unfolding:

GS5-1: Phoenix defends someone over the court bombing, naturally gets them the not guilty verdict

He then speaks to Apollo in hospital who was a victim of the blast. Apollo is angry that Phoenix got someone off the hook rather than found the real criminal behind it. Phoenix reflects it was because of 'that case' that he came back to being a lawyer...

GS5-2: Flashback case playing as Apollo, case starts to unfold as normal until at some point a bomb goes off, Apollo is injured. Phoenix is in the crowd maybe? or as Apollo's council?

GS5-3: Apollo shows up as prosecutor, classic heel turn. Claims that he needs to find 'justice' and defending people isn't the way to do that.

The rest of the game would show Apollo getting more and more desperate to find criminals that he would use any means (a la Edgeworth). Eventually he sees the error of his ways (by the end of the last case) when Phoenix manages to find out who the bomber was using his defence tactics.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Let me point you all to an old thread of mine:

http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 34&t=24186

Here.

I had the theory before it was cool. *wears glasses and sips starbucks*

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Yup. I'm a salmon.

The only sad part about this news is the time it may take for more to come out : ( Oh well. Can't wait to see :odoroki: in action!
He looks quite awesome

It's funny how you can still see his fanboy side by looking at the hair in the back shaped like Phoenix, it will be interesting to see how Apollo matured after AJ.

I can see Apollo turning into a prosecutor to track down the guy who did this if the cause involve an injured Trucy, and since Klavier is technically his rival in court with Ema working for him it also makes me wonder if anything happened to them as well.

So does this mean the guy in the explosion was him or is there any room to think it may be a new prosecutor on the scene? I can't see the antenna in the screenshot so I can't really tell. :yogi:

Monkey with a gun

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DAMN

Now that thats done with, Apollo's design is NICE

however....
Spoiler:
If it turns out he IS the one who got hurt in the explosion, is it possible trucy got hurt too!?

Eh, doesnt look like the prosecutor, not even close, the hair of the prosecutor is too fluffy

For the record, another gaming site that covered the story talked about new screenshots. While they sounds like things we might have seen before (about the bomb under the table in the courtroom and investigating in 3D) it still means there's more in the article than just these two pages.

With any luck more scans will be out soon.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The Law 'Shark'

YES - APOLLO....I am SO stoked to see him return - goddammit, I REALLY need this game more now!

Perhaps the earlier prosecutor tease wasn't a final outline design...just a concept, perhaps, left in deliberately.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Hotdiddykong wrote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH DAMN

Now that thats done with, Apollo's design is NICE

however....
Spoiler:
If it turns out he IS the one who got hurt in the explosion, is it possible trucy got hurt too!?

Eh, doesnt look like the prosecutor, not even close, the hair of the prosecutor is too fluffy

The silhouette doesn't have to be the new prosecutor but do I agree, the hair don't seem to match.

元・超会社員級の管理人

A quick update: hoso_boso got ahold of the magazine and confirms that apart from Apollo's new design, there's no other new information. Everything else in the 4-page article is just recaps of what we've already seen, and the release date is still just listed as 2013.

Hopefully the official site will at least update and give us clear art of Apollo soon.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
A quick update: hoso_boso got ahold of the magazine and confirms that apart from Apollo's new design, there's no other new information. Everything else in the 4-page article is just recaps of what we've already seen, and the release date is still just listed as 2013.

Hopefully the official site will at least update and give us clear art of Apollo soon.

Thanks!

I'm assuming if there's no release date yet there's no way they're going to be releasing it in Japan in April/May. Which means they get more time to work on it but also means it will be a later release in the US. If that's the case, I hope it's Summer 2014 for the US, although I know the summer is considered a bad gaming month.

Prosecutor or not, I think Apollo is guaranteed to have a major role.

Apollo is the third character revealed so far, right after the main protagonist (Phoenix) and his sidekick (Kokone). If he had a small role, why would they reveal him so early? Surely if there was someone more important than him, they would be revealed before him?

Personally, I think it'd be way too cliche for Apollo to be the prosecutor. I think that Apollo doubted Phoenix's actions at the time of GS4, but that was because Phoenix was using dubious methods. To me, Phoenix would never get a client declared innocent if they were not.
I suspect that perhaps there's been a more personal rift between him and Phoenix, perhaps to do with Trucy.
I love Phoenix's character the most, so I'd like to see more interaction with him and his 'children.'

Mirii-chan wrote:
Personally, I think it'd be way too cliche for Apollo to be the prosecutor. I think that Apollo doubted Phoenix's actions at the time of GS4, but that was because Phoenix was using dubious methods. To me, Phoenix would never get a client declared innocent if they were not.
I suspect that perhaps there's been a more personal rift between him and Phoenix, perhaps to do with Trucy.
I love Phoenix's character the most, so I'd like to see more interaction with him and his 'children.'

If you are replying to my post, I wasn't suggesting that Phoenix would do that, but rather that Apollo would do that.

If Apollo went through an entire case and got the guy off without realizing he was guilty, then he goes on to kill again and, say, also bomb the courthouse or something, that could drive Apollo over the edge. Imagine it as GS2-4 except without anyone ever realizing Engarde was guilty.

And I agree with the thing regarding his problems with Phoenix. The worse Apollo can think of Phoenix is "I thought he was perfect, but he's obviously not and he seems like a bit of a jerk". Nothing to leave your job about. But if you've left because of something else, then his opinion of Phoenix is going to mean he's not going to feel like "Oh, I can't go against Phoenix in Court! He's Perfect and will always find the truth and is pure and everything!" He's going to know he's not perfect.

My personal opinion is if something makes him switch, it's going to have to do with a case/person/murder/event that he can only handle if he's on the other side. And it probably doesn't concern him if Phoenix ends up in court against him or with him or whatever. The forefront of Apollo's mind is going to be bringing justice to the person he's after. Kind of a "no BS" attitude that he already kind of had in AJ.

Hey guys! I'm new in the forum, created my account because I really wanted to participate in the discussion. I'll probably create a topic introducing myself better later :)

About Apollo, I'm so damn relieved to see him on AA5, I always thought he would be, but I was worried. Focusing on what I read around here before, about the coat being borrowed by someone, well, I find it kind of strange. I don't think he would always wear it through all the game at least if it wasn't a definitive part of him now.

The thing is, there's this line of history left by AA4 about the relation between Trucy, Apollo and Thalassa, most specifically about Apollo's past. So there's this window which Capcom can use to justify these changes. That's why I think there are more probabilities about this prosecutor thing. What if Apollo's father appears and we find out he is the prosecutor and that Polly decided going after him? Or it could be an entirely different person as well who would have an influence on Polly.
I wouldn't hate seeing him swiching sides, but I don't think it's him. I can't deny the jacket being in the silhouette, but at the same time the hair doesn't match, even with the slightly pointed hairs on him now. That's why I thought about some new character who would have that same jacket feature, as someone inspiring Apollo.

Now I want Trucy too!! :minuki:

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Well, the lack of fluffy scarf and fact his hair is the same means he isnt gonna be the prosecutor shown in the trailer. But he does look quite antagonistic in that shot. Plus the bandages look too neat to be medical and look more costume. And that jacket screams VonKarma, with its high collar. I cant wait for this game to come out.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Derper

Like a lot of people said, Prosecutor Justice could work, and it doesn't even need to ruin his character by making him act cool, hateful towards Phoenix, etc.
Unfortunately, we really don't know if he does keep his characterization yet though without additional info.

Spoiler: Just some guesses
1. The position of prosecutor gives him more power to investigate (since this is the Ace Attorney world). We all know how hot-headed Apollo can be so it's not impossible for him to change sides to chase after the person/people who bombed the courtroom.
2. He just feels like finding people guilty after what happened in the courtroom, since it pretty much is likely that something happened to Trucy.

Also, we can only see his eye when he's facing from the Prosecutor's bench, facing in-front, or depending which position he'll take, he can be the defense's aid. :paynehair:

Sorry if that somehow sounds incoherent. I just woke up a few minutes ago. o3o
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

I think this is very interesting. Hopefully they bring Edgeworth back.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

Hello everyone, I'm new here!

Just wanted to point out something. Edgeworth's trademark poses in court all have him crossing his arms in a rather intense manner. Also, he used to wear a high neck jacket when he was a rookie prosecutor under Von Karma's tutelage. See what I'm getting at here? Apollo has a high neck jacket, and his pose in this magazine is pretty much the same as Edgeworth's! What if he took Apollo as an apprentice?

Since Kokone is a rookie defense attorney under Phoenix, This could mean Apollo could be Kokone's rival instead of Phoenix's, and that there are two main prosecutors instead of one! (I know it sounds rather farfetched, but it could work)

Dracarys!

Looks like everyone was right about him being the mystery prosecutor... Interesting...

Alright, I have a question.

Is this what Sven was talking about when he said info would come in soon? Or do we still have more/US-catered news to come?

Derper

ADA McCoy wrote:
Alright, I have a question.

Is this what Sven was talking about when he said info would come in soon? Or do we still have more/US-catered news to come?

Can' be sure.
PAX is pretty much next week though so maybe we can expect some news there about localization, but we probably shouldn't get our hopes up too much.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

official site updated.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.
Page 2 of 7 [ 258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes