Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 5 of 7[ 258 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12Topic%20Title

Tired Med Student

glitterdust wrote:
Not his eyebrows!

Anyway, my thought is that he could just be tilting his head down, looking at the wreckage? IDK IDK I am on board for all the theories.

He could waltz in as prosecutor in case 4/5 like HELLO PHOENIX. :godot:

Yeah, that's possible too :think-pw: By this point it really looks like it could only be him.

Judging by the new information we have so far, he seems to still be working for Nick.

Also remember that anime cutscene that we have some screenshots of but never got to see? I remember reading that he was talking to someone on the phone, etc. I think that was Apollo on the phone. I really hope they release that to the public someday :grey think:

The Law 'Shark'

Quote:
I really hope they release that to the public someday

It's part of the game, so...yeah, they will! XD
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Wreith wrote:
Also remember that anime cutscene that we have some screenshots of but never got to see? I remember reading that he was talking to someone on the phone, etc. I think that was Apollo on the phone. I really hope they release that to the public someday :grey think:

That was from the intro to the GS5 demo, exclusive at JumpFesta. Security was really tight, so there hasn't been anyone who could upload the video for the rest of us.

Bummer, I really wanted to hear what may have been "Kokone's Theme". I hope it reminds me of Lynne.

By the way, could someone make new smilies featuring GS5 chars & designs? The list needs a bit of updating.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

His new look screams METAL GEAR JUSTICE: REVENGEANCE.
fuck

Programmer

TheIdioteque wrote:
henke37 wrote:
You know, it's not the Wright & co law office anymore, it is still called the Wright anything agency. Apollo could still be a prosecutor, even if we decide that a "law office" doesn't have prosecutors.

I would think that now that Phoenix is a lawyer again, it would go back to being Wright & Co. Law Offices. Just a guess though.

Trucy is not a lawyer.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
Trucy is not a lawyer.

Who said she works as a lawyer? Just cause Phoenix renamed it and is working as a lawyer again doesn't mean Trucy completely stopped doing her stage magic. And she doesn't have to say from where she's from, she just has to do her damn magic.

C-A

Blah!

CatMuto wrote:
henke37 wrote:
Trucy is not a lawyer.

Who said she works as a lawyer? Just cause Phoenix renamed it and is working as a lawyer again doesn't mean Trucy completely stopped doing her stage magic. And she doesn't have to say from where she's from, she just has to do her damn magic.

C-A

What he meant was that "Wright Anything" covers the multiple jobs covered in the agency: defense attorney and magician. Changing the name back to what it was in GS 1-3 would mean that only defense attorneys are under the roof.

Considering it still looks like the Anything Agency in the anime cutscene, I doubt Nick renamed it. Trucy's the CEO of their agency and given how dear it is to her, I don't think Nick would have changed the name.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just a heads up: I was tipped off that Something Awful member oneronen (known for his excellent translations/Let's Plays of the Dangan Ronpa series - which I highly recommend) got ahold of the magazine and says that Apollo's description in it states he's working for the Wright Law Office. (Source)

Hopefully we can get full scans for ourselves and see at some point, and it's always possible that Famitsu's just extrapolating from his role in AA4 or that he 'goes rogue' later, but for now this seems like some pretty hard evidence against the Prosecutor Apollo theory.

from famitsu

Quote:
"成歩堂なんでも事務所"の弁護士として、多数の難事件を解決してきた青年。だが、かつての新米らしい面影はなく、凛々しさと貫禄を漂わせている。右目と腕に巻かれた包帯、そして肩に羽織った見覚えのないボロボロのジャケットは、果たして何を意味するのだろうか。

"成歩堂なんでも事務所"の弁護士として、多数の難事件を解決してきた青年。
He solved many cases as a lawyer of "Wright Anything Agency".

「解決してきた」つまり、過去形です。
逆転裁判5の説明ではないでしょう。
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.

"Solved"...Capcom really are eager to keep Apollo's role hidden don't they? :shoe:

CatMuto wrote:
henke37 wrote:
Trucy is not a lawyer.

C-A

This.

Plus, we still don't know what Trucy's role in the game is yet, or even if she will appear in the game.

What did he do this time...?

TheIdioteque wrote:

This.

Plus, we still don't know what Trucy's role in the game is yet, or even if she will appear in the game.

I don't think they showed a picture of her in a cutscene (Nick's necklace) just to tease us. She's going to be in the game.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

迷探偵

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
from famitsu

Quote:
"成歩堂なんでも事務所"の弁護士として、多数の難事件を解決してきた青年。だが、かつての新米らしい面影はなく、凛々しさと貫禄を漂わせている。右目と腕に巻かれた包帯、そして肩に羽織った見覚えのないボロボロのジャケットは、果たして何を意味するのだろうか。

「解決してきた」つまり、過去形です。
逆転裁判5の説明ではないでしょう。

「多数」とも云えにくいし、半分ぐらいはナルホドくんがウラで解決したがww

Quote:
"Solved"...Capcom really are eager to keep Apollo's role hidden don't they?

Eager is a big word: they just released art of Odoroki. Nothing more or less :P All else is just conjecture on the part of fans and magazines.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
from famitsu

Quote:

「解決してきた」つまり、過去形です。
逆転裁判5の説明ではないでしょう。

そういう事かなと思ったけど、oreronenのゲームの翻訳が前に正しかったので伝えた。わざわざ調べてくれてありがとうございます!

So, to everyone following along who doesn't speak Japanese, it's just like JGIRL says - the text says he "solved" in the past tense. Nothing about him currently working there.

Quote:

またナルホドクンが解決しなかったの一つがミヌキとキョウヤのおかげって感じww
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Ash wrote:
Quote:

Eager is a big word: they just released art of Odoroki. Nothing more or less :P All else is just conjecture on the part of fans and magazines.

They've released art of him with a coat hiding the upper part of his clothes so we can't see the badge and there's zero new description to go with so it gives off this impression to me, although it did took some time before releasing info about Kokone after the art was released. I guess I'm the one eager to see the answers posted. :edgy:

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Danchat wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

This.

I don't think they showed a picture of her in a cutscene (Nick's necklace) just to tease us. She's going to be in the game.

I third the "Trucy can still be a part of Wright & Co.". If Maya could hang around and work at Wright & Co when she was doing spirit medium stuff I don't see why Trucy couldn't just do her magic stuff. And it's not like she's touring Vegas or anything, so she doesn't need an agent or be affiliated with any kind of agency to do her magic, so the name change wouldn't mean much. Really I think "Wright Anything Agency" was probably just a way to help Trucy be positive and follow her ambitions as she was growing up. I doubt Trucy as the "CEO" ever did anything like advertising management or filing Tax Paperwork. No one else ever worked there, except for Apollo, and that was kind of a "get past all the BS" thing anyway because all the clients knew Wright and Co. Wright Talent Agency was a mostly-in-their-heads way to staying positive and having somewhere to go every day after both their lives fell apart after that case.

I also agree that if she wasn't important they wouldn't have put anything relating to her in the trailer. She's going to be present, and by the look of what they've done with Phoenix and Apollo, it's going to be a meaningful appearance, not just a "oh yeah I'm here too, just doing my magic" kind of thing.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

TheIdioteque wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
henke37 wrote:
Trucy is not a lawyer.

C-A

This.

Not to mention that obvious fact that Maya was never a lawyer and that was never an issue when it was the Wright and co. Law offices previously.

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the "Wright Anything Agency" what Apollo was working under as a lawyer? I'm pretty sure Trucy claimed Apollos talent under that agency was "defending" or maybe he even said that himself. I can't see why it can't just stay at the "Wright Anything Agency" and claim that Phoenix is now showcasing his talent, which is defending. Also will they change the look of the office? I can't see what the point would be in changing it as Trucy would surely disagree.

Achtung,baby~!

Just throwing this out there;
Is it not possible that both Phoenix and Apollo will be playable defense attorneys in this game?
Don't forget the 5 in the logo is Red.
Anywho,I think Apollo will either be the prosecutor or a playable defense attorney,I doubt he'll be anything else.
The whole handling of Apollo's reveal makes it clear that he's gonna be different from the other characters,in my opinion.

Programmer

Ok new angle. What if Apollo did get an office with the other prosecutors? Then he could easily be a prosecutor. I'd imagine that he would end up in Portsman's old office.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

soreveil wrote:
Ash wrote:
Quote:

They've released art of him with a coat hiding the upper part of his clothes so we can't see the badge and there's zero new description to go with so it gives off this impression to me, although it did took some time before releasing info about Kokone after the art was released. I guess I'm the one eager to see the answers posted. :edgy:

Since it says solved, in the context of being a part of the Wright&co. anything agency, isnt it entirely possible that Apollo is still a defense attorney with his own law-firm now?
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Guys.

Pretty much all of you are reading too much into this.

Let's all just wait for further details :)

Jonathan wrote:
Is it not possible that both Phoenix and Apollo will be playable defense attorneys in this game?
Anywho,I think Apollo will either be the prosecutor or a playable defense attorney,I doubt he'll be anything else.
The whole handling of Apollo's reveal makes it clear that he's gonna be different from the other characters,in my opinion.

There's no reason they can't make a playable 'prosecutor' segment anyway. aka GK/2.
GK/2 seemed to have the 'mysterious roaming characters' with a 'mystery' uncovered backstory (or no proper backstory, if you include Lang) so Apollo could instead be one of 'those'.

They're 'concealing' his badge and features on purpose, although what is being 'concealed' could be anything (or not much and just to fuel speculation). I hope it's better than the AAI writing....
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

icer wrote:
I hope it's better than the AAI writing....

Oh man, I sure hope it is! At least this game won't suffer from extensive cameos like the AAI games did.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

icer wrote:

Amen to that. The story was dull as dirt (Wooster once characterized it well as reading like "official fan-fiction"), and the writing itself wasn't so hot either.

Totally not my sig...

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:

Since it says solved, in the context of being a part of the Wright&co. anything agency, isnt it entirely possible that Apollo is still a defense attorney with his own law-firm now?

There is more than one job at the Wright and Co, take Maya as an assistant for example. It could be possible that he switched his job? When I say switched I don't mean automatically that he switched to a prosecutor but maybe another job? Or is he the same defense but has his career on hold due to the explosion and because of that had to put his badge down? Or is he going to end up like Nick miraculously getting back together in a few hours hence don't need to have his badge removed in the official art?

I hope this is more clear now to what I'd like to know about, only time will tell though.

Tea time.

Since the AAI team is essentially working on a main title now they'll probably be able to write with more flexibility, in contrast of always cautiously writing without stepping on Takumi's toes and writing something in that drastically changes things for future plots for the main series he was prepared to write for. Now that they got the green light from both Capcom and (assuming) Takumi they'll be able to go all out on a main AA game without the constraints AAI had to deal with. I'd still would love the idea of legitmizing and acknowledging some AAI plots into an main AA game, even if its small little cameo/nod.

As for Apollo, I'm psyched to see him back, though as badass as he looks I hope they dont absurdly make him too menacing, just for the sake of demonizing his character. Well, here's to waiting!

Procrastinating...

Jonathan wrote:

My guess is he'll either be the recurring prosecutor, or he might be the detective. :yuusaku:

It would be reeeeeeeealy strange if he became part of the co-consul.

Well, there's my two cents. :meekins:
So... How's life?

Procrastinating...

Bolt Storm wrote:
After a six-month drought, we're finally getting new news. Famitsu has a new AA5 article, showcasing Apollo. He’s described as having bandages over his right arm and eye, and a new jacket over one shoulder.

Details as they come in.

UPDATE: The scans (warning, large):

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, these scans don't really give us any info, just visuals.

UPDATE 2: The main site is updated as well with profiles for Apollo and Barashima (the bomb squad member from the TGS trailer.) Unfortunately, there's no shots of Apollo in-game, and the site isn't telling us anything about his story (though it does wonder if his jacket has any meaning). Looks like Capcom's playing their cards close to their chest for the moment.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Have you guys taken a look at one of the posts in the other Gyakuten Saiban 5 topics? According to Neni, there was an intended target with the bomb, which was hidden in the defense's bench. The attorney standing there raised the alarm to let everyone in the courtroom escape. :udgy:

My guess is that this was Apollo, and then we see him like we do in the scans. :redd:
So... How's life?

The jacket doesn't really go with the rest of Apollo's clothes, it makes me wonder if he's wearing it in memory of someone - though wasn't it said that no one was killed in the blast? If Apollo is a major character, I wonder if they're going to go into more detail about his past - we still know nothing about his father.

Gettin' Old!

Phoenix Soul wrote:
The jacket doesn't really go with the rest of Apollo's clothes, it makes me wonder if he's wearing it in memory of someone - though wasn't it said that no one was killed in the blast? If Apollo is a major character, I wonder if they're going to go into more detail about his past - we still know nothing about his father.

A couple of folks (myself included) think it was given to him by a 'rescuer' or some sort when the bomb blast went off. You know Apollo might have been in shock for a bit and the jacket was placed on him to keep him warm and comfortable. You can also see the Jacket is slightly damaged and tattered at the very back indicating a bit of wear an tear.

Quite possibly this rescuer is the silhouetted figure from the trailer or is in the same organisation as that person.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
from famitsu

Quote:

「解決してきた」つまり、過去形です。
逆転裁判5の説明ではないでしょう。

ありがとうございます。

Bolt Storm wrote:
Quote:

またナルホドクンが解決しなかったの一つがミヌキとキョウヤのおかげって感じww

かわいそうオドロキくん、ひとりで解決してがまだだな。スポットライトはひどすぎるw

DeMatador wrote:
Guys.

Pretty much all of you are reading too much into this.

Let's all just wait for further details :)

And while we wait, we'll read further into it. :P

...Like about how there are people on the police force that we now know of that actually do their jobs right. Sadly, we still don't know their names and probably won't ever know.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Just a fellow PW fan!

I'm absolutely loving the theories people are posting. I'm very confident Apollo is NOT the prosecutor from the silhouette. I do think the prosecutor however IS wearing the same jacket Apollo has over his shoulders.

My theory is that the prosecutor in the silhouette is somehow related to Apollo, much the same way Edgeworth and Phoenix are related. Since the writers likely won't have Phoenix v. Edgeworth, my thought is that they decided to focus on Apollo and his prosecutor friend. Maybe the prosecutor was the one to see the bomb, rushing over to save Apollo and Trucy and therefore harming himself enough to warrant a trip to the hospital.

In that case Apollo would be wearing the jacket in memory of his friend. I had a theory around the time they introduced Phoenix's new partner Kokone, in that there would be more than one playable character, or that there would be some sort of rotation between characters since Wright now has his own office and is back to working as a defence lawyer. I do like the possibility of switching between Apollo and Phoenix, but I was thinking more along the lines of having Phoenix be the main defence attorney, with Kokone and Apollo (and maybe someone else... Trucy? Maya? Pearl?) on rotation as Phoenix's partner. It's pretty clear that Kokone and Apollo both have some relation to the bomb blast, which I feel will tie into the overall arch of the story for GS5. We also know that Kokone, Apollo and Maya each have a certain gimmick that helps them in trials: Kokone with her heart scope, Apollo with his "perceive" ability and Maya with her magatama, which I figure all play a role in going through people's testimonies.

If Apollo and Phoenix are both playable, then I imagine Kokone will help Phoenix while Trucy helps Apollo. But I don't really see how Trucy could help out in trial compared to Kokone who has her heart scope.

I think Apollo's new look is a red herring (and a really well done one, at that), in order the throw us off :)

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
icer wrote:

Amen to that. The story was dull as dirt (Wooster once characterized it well as reading like "official fan-fiction"), and the writing itself wasn't so hot either.

If you mean the 'fan fictions' that are a kind of bad fancase by people who aren't very good at it (except aren't trying to pretend to be professional writers...)

I got the sense that whoever it was wrote a kind of detective-case 'fiction' which wasn't really in the spirit of the series, and it was then somehow unnaturally forced into correlating with the characters, who 'played' the roles. I didn't care much about the overarching case or solving it. The old GS games give you huge emotional/motivational investment in uncovering the overarching crime, the dramatic narrative/context is plotted/mapped very well with the 'problems/solving' parts of the games. Not only with empathising with the characters' in world plight, but the satisfaction of throwing evidence in their smug face and whatever. It's all very well orchestrated. I gave the GK writers slack because I had the sense they tried, the game suffered with not having a 'court arena' and I liked seeing the characters again. I'd be less open to this with the 'main series'.

So is Apollo going to show believable/interesting character development, or just be a kind of piece rammed into their boring old crime story doing whatever because it demands it. I can't judge the GK writers properly because of not knowing how they improved in GK2.

So let's get this straight, what happened?

-There was a bomb placed in the court, 'someone' warned them so nobody was in the courtroom when it blew up [?]
- Mystery Person in jacket ran in but it was 'too late' and in ruins (Probably not the bomber)
-Apollo has bandages and jacket
-We assume Bandages are from injury. Could this have been sustained in the 'Bombed out courtroom scene' from being too close to the bomb? (The Mystery Person) Or maybe an earlier bomb/injury
-Apollo could be the person in jacket in 'bombed courtroom'
-Apollo could be person in Silhouette
-A DIFFERENT person also wearing jacket could be either of the above, to confuse matters.
-I think it's most likely Apollo is person in Silhouette because he's BEEN REVEALED NOW, even if another jacket person is a decoy in-game.

Sadly I don't think Apollo is The Prosecutor, seems more likely they write he just stopped lawyering due to being bombed and is now being a P.I or something on the trail of the bombers. (Maybe he 'went overseas to track them' like a zillion chars in AAI) This accounts for Phoenix taking the Bar Exam as vengeance, because there can Only Be One Lawyer in the Universe :/ I hope I'm wrong and it's more interesting. It's not much use speculating based on either Apollo or Phoenix's past character trait/displays because I don't think they can be counted on to retain that much characterisation from the previous (Takumi) games.

Apollo BEING the prosecutor is still possible though because it would help cover one of the GK writers weaknesses: all their OWN characters are poorly done (or at least they were in GK1, and such an uncompelling main Prosecutor in GS would ruin the game). But everyone will put up with 'Apollo' since the work is done and he's Hobo Phoenix II (The horrible events Changed Him) so not expected to act 'In Character' from GS4, AND doesn't have the scrutiny of being the main playable protagonist. It's all because he's a Prosecutor now, see?
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Gettin' Old!

Kav wrote:
I'm absolutely loving the theories people are posting. I'm very confident Apollo is NOT the prosecutor from the silhouette. I do think the prosecutor however IS wearing the same jacket Apollo has over his shoulders.

My theory is that the prosecutor in the silhouette is somehow related to Apollo, much the same way Edgeworth and Phoenix are related. Since the writers likely won't have Phoenix v. Edgeworth, my thought is that they decided to focus on Apollo and his prosecutor friend. Maybe the prosecutor was the one to see the bomb, rushing over to save Apollo and Trucy and therefore harming himself enough to warrant a trip to the hospital.

In that case Apollo would be wearing the jacket in memory of his friend. I had a theory around the time they introduced Phoenix's new partner Kokone, in that there would be more than one playable character, or that there would be some sort of rotation between characters since Wright now has his own office and is back to working as a defence lawyer. I do like the possibility of switching between Apollo and Phoenix, but I was thinking more along the lines of having Phoenix be the main defence attorney, with Kokone and Apollo (and maybe someone else... Trucy? Maya? Pearl?) on rotation as Phoenix's partner. It's pretty clear that Kokone and Apollo both have some relation to the bomb blast, which I feel will tie into the overall arch of the story for GS5. We also know that Kokone, Apollo and Maya each have a certain gimmick that helps them in trials: Kokone with her heart scope, Apollo with his "perceive" ability and Maya with her magatama, which I figure all play a role in going through people's testimonies.

If Apollo and Phoenix are both playable, then I imagine Kokone will help Phoenix while Trucy helps Apollo. But I don't really see how Trucy could help out in trial compared to Kokone who has her heart scope.

I think Apollo's new look is a red herring (and a really well done one, at that), in order the throw us off :)

Psst we don't know if the Silhouette is the prosecutor, it's just guesswork and conjecture.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What is my liiiife?!?

Quote:
I can't judge the GK writers properly because of not knowing how they improved in GK2.

Well, I can't really say too much as I only got to spend a bit of time working with the AAI2 translation project. (Not sure if they want me back now I'm less busy) but I laughed a fair bit at the un-localised lines. The new characters are a lot more true to the main series.

Edit: I almost kind-of missed your antipathy to AJ:AA Icer. We had epic battles of words in those days. :3

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

icer wrote:
The old GS games give you huge emotional/motivational investment in uncovering the overarching crime, the dramatic narrative/context is plotted/mapped very well with the 'problems/solving' parts of the games. Not only with empathising with the characters' in world plight, but the satisfaction of throwing evidence in their smug face and whatever. It's all very well orchestrated.

Why GK fails, in a nutshell; I came to the same conclusions myself at some point. It's nice to agree with you, as I too remember us trading numerous walls of text over GS4.

Totally not my sig...

tvmadykid wrote:
Excuse me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the "Wright Anything Agency" what Apollo was working under as a lawyer? I'm pretty sure Trucy claimed Apollos talent under that agency was "defending" or maybe he even said that himself. I can't see why it can't just stay at the "Wright Anything Agency" and claim that Phoenix is now showcasing his talent, which is defending. Also will they change the look of the office? I can't see what the point would be in changing it as Trucy would surely disagree.

Well, the whole reason why Wright changed the name in the first place was because he wasn't a lawyer anymore. The Wright Anything Agency housed three different professions: Phoenix as a piano player/professional poker player, Trucy as a magician, and Apollo as a lawyer. Now that Phoenix is back as a lawyer, and assuming Kokone and Apollo both work for him, it would be kind of silly to keep the name as the Wright Anything Agency. There would now be three lawyers working there, and as such it's most likely become a more serious agency again and would most likely go back to being referred to as a law firm. Trucy can still work there in the same way that Maya did, and can still do her magic.

icer wrote:
The old GS games give you huge emotional/motivational investment in uncovering the overarching crime, the dramatic narrative/context is plotted/mapped very well with the 'problems/solving' parts of the games. Not only with empathising with the characters' in world plight, but the satisfaction of throwing evidence in their smug face and whatever. It's all very well orchestrated.

No.... no, they actually didn't. I mean, I never got very attached to the characters, none of the scenes were ever super emotional to me and the problem solving was too easy. Yeah it was fun to "throw evidence into smug faces" but only because their lies were so paper thin, everybody would've seen those. Every non-lawyer could figure this stuff out - yes, which is part of the game, but really..... did they have to make it so obvious, like they're treating the gamers to be fucking idiots?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
icer wrote:

No.... no, they actually didn't. I mean, I never got very attached to the characters, none of the scenes were ever super emotional to me and the problem solving was too easy. Yeah it was fun to "throw evidence into smug faces" but only because their lies were so paper thin, everybody would've seen those. Every non-lawyer could figure this stuff out - yes, which is part of the game, but really..... did they have to make it so obvious, like they're treating the gamers to be fucking idiots?

C-A

From what I'm seeing it would depend on who's playing. To be honest I was thinking much ahead of it but it wouldn't let me move forward until I make baby steps on how we came to the conclusion when it was obvious, which it made it harder for me to advance in the game because I had to make the baby steps good enough for everyone to move along.

As the GS writer stated in one of his interview he wanted to make a game aimed at everyone regardless of age hence the easy mode in the game. Despite the difficulty problem it accomplished its primary purpose for me: to entertain and kill time. So I won't mind playing it over again.
Page 5 of 7 [ 258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes