Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 7[ 258 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12Topic%20Title

Pro Philosopher

Well, I'm glad Apollo is still... alive? I find his injury amusing, I must confess. My first thought was that it was sort of a commentary on the fan reaction to him, like Raikov in MGS3.

I just hope some characters from the old days work their way in as well.

EDIT: Also Christ, those backgrounds are awesome.
There are many things you could be doing right now.
But you know, deep down inside, what you really want to be do is playtest Socrates Jones: Pro Philosopher.
So why lie to yourself? Embrace your desires. Playtest today! Any feedback is appreciated!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Thanks for the heads-up, JapaneseGIRL!

Strange that besides Apollo's new design this is all stuff from TGS. I wonder if development's going more slowly than anticipated.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Derper

Well, at least google translate gives some idea.

Apollo's jacket really does have significance.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Ropfa wrote:
Looks like everyone was right about him being the mystery prosecutor... Interesting...

I actually, don't think so since there are a few things that don't fit. One is that in the case of the mystery character it looks like there is something completely around their neck but Justice's cape is open with a clear gap. Personally, to me the mystery character looks more likely to be either wearing a trurtleneck or a scarf rather than a cape. Second nothing about Apollo form either his game or his new appearance seems to show any connection with the while feather that fell to the ground just before the mystery character was revealed. So far the only theory trying to connect that to him was a reference connecting birds to sun gods but that did not take into account that the original Japanese version did not name him after one. Finally, the biggest contradiction by far is that Apollo still has pointy hair while the person is silhouette clearly does not. Even if were were to argue that Apollo wanted to hide his old spikey hair it would stand to reason that he would not have had set hair in the scan which is not the case.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iv'e noticed that on the on Capcom's updated page there is a picture of Apollo with some red text. Has anyone tried translating it to see if that offers any clues to his role in this game?

Wotter boy

Is it possible to rip the art out of these pictures?

元・超会社員級の管理人

BuddyFaith wrote:

Only by hand, unfortunately. The backgrounds and character art are combined. It's doable, just takes some time (and more skill with image software than I've got.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Wotter boy

Bolt Storm wrote:
BuddyFaith wrote:

Only by hand, unfortunately. The backgrounds and character art are combined. It's doable, just takes some time (and more skill with image software than I've got.)

I'm gonna try...
I mean, I did it with Lisa Basil's art before, I guess I can try and do with them too.
Though I'm only ripping Apollo's, Shinobu's, and Barashima's, cause they're the only one's whom don't have art on Wiki.

According to google translate, Apollo's text it's all a bunch of questions, like, why is he wearing the jacket? What happened to him to have such bandages? And so forth. The only insteresting bit is that apparently, the fact that he has the jacket is related to whatever caused his injuries. Also, it seems that most of the damage from the incident went to his arms

Last edited by supermonte13 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just a fellow PW fan!

I'm a little confused on why people are so adamant on Apollo becoming a prosecutor. It actually makes little sense to me, although I must admit the ending of GS4* is a bit hazy to me.

If Apollo was a defence attorney at the time of the bomb, then why would he now be a prosecutor? What I'm thinking is that since Phoenix currently owns Wright & Co Law Offices, he has maybe 2-3 people working under him... Those people being Apollo and Kokone (and possibly Maya). During the plot he is alternating or getting opinions from the people working for him, and we either have a choice of who follows us around or they follow us based on what's going on in the plot.

I don't understand why Apollo would become a prosecutor. And personally I don't want to see him become one either, it feels out of character. I mean, his name is Apollo JUSTICE, which means he seeks justice. Unless if every case turns out to be like 2-4, I don't get the shift.

*Thanks for the correction

Last edited by Kav on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Programmer

There hasn't been a GK4 yet, you are thinking of GS4.

I think it is worth mentioning that the earlier video might not be representative of the current design. It's not unheard of things changing after being published. So all the arguing about the shadow from the video matching Apollo's new design? Pointless in my opinion.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Just a fellow PW fan!

Maybe the silhouette is Edgeworth and Oldbag's lovechild? Edgeworth's manliness and Oldbag's hair :)

But in all seriousness, I do think people are right about the jacket being the same one in the silhouette. I'm thinking there's a connection between Apollo and the new prosecutor. But I don't think that Apollo is the new prosecutor. If you ignore the jacket, nothing about the silhouette matches Apollo's features.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Kav wrote:
I'm a little confused on why people are so adamant on Apollo becoming a prosecutor. It actually makes little sense to me, although I must admit the ending of GK4 is a bit hazy to me.

If Apollo was a defence attorney at the time of the bomb, then why would he now be a prosecutor? What I'm thinking is that since Phoenix currently owns Wright & Co Law Offices, he has maybe 2-3 people working under him... Those people being Apollo and Kokone (and possibly Maya). During the plot he is alternating or getting opinions from the people working for him, and we either have a choice of who follows us around or they follow us based on what's going on in the plot.

I don't understand why Apollo would become a prosecutor. And personally I don't want to see him become one either, it feels out of character. I mean, his name is Apollo JUSTICE, which means he seeks justice. Unless if every case turns out to be like 2-4, I don't get the shift.

I understand where you're coming from, and truthfully I don't care if he becomes a prosecutor or stays as Phoenix's official ally, but I think if they mix it up the prosecutor makes sense:
In AA the prosecutor is always as portrayed as a lazy, arrogant, evil character (or at least appears that way), but in most other legal fiction it is the prosecution who are the ones seeking "Justice", with defense lawyers often being sleazy liars who will do anything to get their client off. I don't think the series will change course completely like that, but I can see a "role reversal" kind of thing fitting in with the "dark days in law" concept. (Granted, 'role reversal' doesn't mean Phoenix is evil or anything, but in Apollo's head the prosecution might seem like a much better way of getting criminals convicted, and he might come to think of the defense trade as hopeless.) I mean, imagine a good, decent, smart prosecutor in charge of the police and DA's office, with nothing to prove and no issue with Wright. Wouldn't that be the best way to get criminals off the street? It would certainly be easier than the huge odds Phoenix and Apollo faced as defense attorneys. So it isn't that far of a stretch to have Apollo be a prosecutor.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Just a fellow PW fan!

If they intended on showing the lighter side of prosecution, then why not allow the option to play as Apollo as well as Phoenix? Kind of like a "pick your side" sort of deal. Apollo would get his own partner too.

I can sort of get the transition, but I don't really see him going from defense to prosecution within the span of a bomb attack. They also haven't really paved the way for his shift in power, so I'm sure if it's the case they'll address it in the first case.

Story writer and music lover.

Theories aside, I'm glad Apollo is in this game. (I suppose that would mean the banner at the top would have to be changed to reflect the new coat Apollo is sporting.)
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

I just want new screens already. A trailer would be very nice.

I can't believe Capcom didn't reveal anything in six months. Wow.

Master of sharp things!

I think it's far too soon to speculate about Apollo being a prosecutor, or even the mysterious figure from the TGS trailer for that matter. We should wait for some more concrete information before jumping to conclusions.

On a different note, the backgrounds have improved since TGS. Now it looks like the audience in the court actually have some detailed faces and clothes instead of being blotchy spots against darkness, and they don't repeat as much either.

Wotter boy

Alright, I ripped out Shinobu's and Apollo's art...
Albeit they are a small bit messy.

Spoiler:
Image Image

Music brings life to everything.

The fact that Apollo is facing so far towards the left has the rumor of him being the prosecutor much more believable to me. Maybe Im looking too far into it, but it to contrast it with how the protagonists are usually portrayed as looking to the right, he feels imposing, and I feel like he is meant to clash against our perception of how we view defense attourneys in the games.

A Trustworthy Witness

The official art on the site is sweet! I gotta say, the art style definitely looks much cleaner and more sharp overall than the Professor Layton crossover. Looking forward to whenever this game gets released.

One interesting thing about the main site: If you look at the character boxes underneath Phoenix's bio, you'll notice Apollo and Kokone have a larger size box in their primary colors while the other three Case 1 characters have smaller bio boxes. So I think they're making it clear that Apollo is going to be a major character in this game. He'll probably join Phoenix and Kokone as one of the four portraits on the game box, at least. Now who's going to be the fourth...

Last edited by Ben Lyon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

henke37 wrote:
There hasn't been a GK4 yet, you are thinking of GS4.

I think it is worth mentioning that the earlier video might not be representative of the current design. It's not unheard of things changing after being published. So all the arguing about the shadow from the video matching Apollo's new design? Pointless in my opinion.

While that could be the case I don't recall Kristoph Gavin's image being any different when he was shown in shadow so I don't see any reason why Apollo's would have been if he was the person in the picture. Also, his hair was a significant feature of his design so I doubt that they were originally planning to remove it and suddenly changed their minds. I also, see the fact that Capcom decided to put the image up in an official trailer with fully developed scenes from the first case shown is a strong indication that the design of the mystery character was set at that point. This was not some early concept art so therefore I conclude that the person is not Apollo.

iKiwed wrote:
Hey Guys, look the mysterious shape on TGS 2012.
If you look carefully, his left arm has an unnatural pose. This because of the jacket on the shoulders.
And there is a part of the shape that seems to have a scarf (on right of the shape).
indeed, is a part of bandage.
For who didn't understand: Look this
Spoiler:

So....Apollo is the prosecutor.

Am I the only one who is sad?

You know... the thing arownd the silhouette's neck that look's like a feather boa could be the collar of Apollo's new jacket.

Might be a stretch but if you think about what Apollo would look like from the front you can sorta see it. :yuusaku:

iKiwed wrote:
If you look carefully, his left arm has an unnatural pose. This because of the jacket on the shoulders.
And there is a part of the shape that seems to have a scarf (on right of the shape).
Spoiler:

You know... the thing arownd the silhouette's neck that look's like a feather boa could be the collar of Apollo's new jacket.

Might be a stretch but if you think about what Apollo would look like from the front you can sorta see it. :yuusaku:

Alpha Attorney wrote:
iKiwed wrote:
Spoiler:

That still would not explain why the jacket (assuming it is the jacket) seems to go around the neck whereas Justice's is clearly open in that area or why there is no spikey hair on the mysterious figure. Personally my money's on a scarf of boa (that would explain the feather just before the mysterious character is revealed).

Defender123 wrote:
Alpha Attorney wrote:
iKiwed wrote:
Spoiler:

That still would not explain why the jacket (assuming it is the jacket) seems to go around the neck whereas Justice's is clearly open in that area or why there is no spikey hair on the mysterious figure. Personally my money's on a scarf of boa (that would explain the feather just before the mysterious character is revealed).

Well it's a silhoette. you realy cant tell weather or not the jacket... thing is open or not

And for the spiky hair problem, the Silhouette cuts off the top of his hair, take a good look at it.

Edit: it's definatly a jacket
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... height=550

The silhouette also conveniently cuts off any chance of identifying his bracelet. All of this can still be purely coincidental of course, but I'm kind of liking the Apollo prosecution hype. As for the problem about when he actually change sides, I figure he still does defence in 5-1, and in the time until 5-2, which could be several months, there is enough time for him to make some deep decision.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

My dreams of a spiky-haired trio of badasses has been realized. Thank you Capcom.

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
official site updated.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Spoiler:

Thanks again! And sweet: updates on the Heart Scope! I've been dying to hear about it.

Btw, folks, Barashima was explaining about his odd goggles and bomb-deconstruction techniques - basically, his occupation stuff. (Admittedly, his testimony so far is building up to be rather impressive for the 1st case villain... but only just.)

Edit: Ah, I see. The Heart Scope portion was already shown during the TGS stage show, but they're just simplifying it here. The "noise" is not the kind that we usually hear, but Kokone can detect it using Monita.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Alpha Attorney wrote:

Hey, was it ever confirmed the silhouette person was the prosecutor?
Anyway looks like Apollo is probably the silhouette.
Notice you can't see any badge as the pose/jacket thing hides where it would be.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

What is my liiiife?!?

Well, I'm a day late to the party as usual. Glad to see that Polly's back, and the new design suits him. Prosecutor or not, I'm pretty sure he won't have turned evil; I don't think it's in his nature and Klavier demonstrated that you can be antagonistic but still be a good guy. (On that note, I think the odds of Klavier turning up in the final case of the game have gone up dramatically with this reveal)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go into a dark room and squee for a while.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I doubt that Apollo is the figure in the ilhouette for 1 glaring reason.
Spoiler:
Notice how the figure in the silhoueete has fluffy hair with slight flicks?
Well even when facing striaight on Apollo doesn't have these flicks, nor does he have them in his new image, he has spikes that face down at the back, but they are not visible on either side from head on.
Also the figures hair is too full to be Apollo, his head is not as round or tall as the figures.

BuddyFaith wrote:
Alright, I ripped out Shinobu's and Apollo's art...
Albeit they are a small bit messy.

Spoiler:
Image Image

Ok seeing as the text says that the jacket Apollo is wearing is linked to the accident that caused his injuries, there is one strong possibility.
On the epaulettes of his Jacket we can see a star on top of stripes, this seems to be quite millitial, or officious. And seeing as the
Spoiler: criminal of case 1
seems to be a member of the police Bomb squad
, it could be that Apollo has some deeper connetion now or high ranking in the police force, which would warrant the new jacket, Which by the way is completely contrasting to his waistcoat and trousers, and link him to the accident that caused his injuries. since the small tears at the bottom of the jacket indicate he was wearing it during the accident.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Procrastinating...

Bolt Storm wrote:
After a six-month drought, we're finally getting new news. Famitsu has a new AA5 article, showcasing Apollo. He’s described as having bandages over his right arm and eye, and a new jacket over one shoulder.

Details as they come in.

UPDATE: The scans (warning, large):

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, these scans don't really give us any info, just visuals.

UPDATE 2: The main site is updated as well with profiles for Apollo and Barashima (the bomb squad member from the TGS trailer.) Unfortunately, there's no shots of Apollo in-game, and the site isn't telling us anything about his story (though it does wonder if his jacket has any meaning). Looks like Capcom's playing their cards close to their chest for the moment.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Holy shizz, I am so pumped for this game to come out now! At first, when I heard Phoenix was going to be the protagonist instead of Apollo, I was really disappointed. The very moment i saw this image, I wanted to squee. :jazzedgy:

Anybody else feel the same?? :odoroki:
So... How's life?

Derper

Just noticed this after someone pointed it out.

Could it be possible that the game is taking so long since they're still improving a lot of stuff already worked on?

Before:

After:

This also confirms Nick is a vampire. He seems to grow younger once he sucks the blood of law.

Prosecutor

JapaneseGIRL wrote:

:gant: Apollo...AWESOME!

I prefer the first screenshot. His eyes have been brown in recent official art yet they changed his eye color to blue. It doesn't help that he looks way, way too young in the second.

Edit: This is creepy.

Just a random passerby

Glad that they didn't kill Apollo off like I feared. I just hope that his personality hasn't been change too much. (At least, no AJ Ema Skye type)

As far as him possibly being the Prosecutor goes, it could be interesting.

I'm thinking his sudden change (if it happens) has more to do that something Phoenix did. It could also be because of something a certain other defense attorney has done as well :pft:

Hello, Adrian.

Calling it: Apollo's the prosecutor.

His bandages stern look seem to indicate that something jaded him. Maybe he has made a face heel turn?

I can't figure out what the coat is supposed to be, though. Did he join the marines?
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

Derper

Auburnsun wrote:
I prefer the first screenshot. His eyes have been brown in recent official art yet they changed his eye color to blue. It doesn't help that he looks way, way too young in the second.

Edit: This is creepy.

Yep, Nick is definitely a vampire.

Prosecutor

icer wrote:
Alpha Attorney wrote:

Hey, was it ever confirmed the silhouette person was the prosecutor?
Anyway looks like Apollo is probably the silhouette.
Notice you can't see any badge as the pose/jacket thing hides where it would be.

O-ok, sorry...it's not confirmed, but...Is just an opinion...
About the jacket, You're right.....

What is my liiiife?!?

Reglare wrote:
Just noticed this after someone pointed it out.

Could it be possible that the game is taking so long since they're still improving a lot of stuff already worked on?

Before:

After:

This also confirms Nick is a vampire. He seems to grow younger once he sucks the blood of law.

They probably used more place-holdery art for the reveal trailer and then went and improved it as time went on. That's the thing with a Visual Novel, once you've got all the characters, objects and and backgrounds done, you're probably going to have a lot of time to iterate and improve on them while you wait for the designers/programmers to put the cases together.

Edit: Actually, it seems like its partially a change in the lighting system, I quite like it.
Page 3 of 7 [ 258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes