Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 6 of 7[ 258 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

icer wrote:
-I think it's most likely Apollo is person in Silhouette because he's BEEN REVEALED NOW, even if another jacket person is a decoy in-game.

I highly doubt the other jacket person is as insignificant as a decoy. The fact that Apollo dons in on proudly here is a point to its importance to him, if not the whole plot of a case. The silhouette... remains just that for now. I still believe that character is someone else, but now I'm not so sure that it's the new prosecutor. After all, it's not only the attorneys in these games that can bring turnabouts to law.

Quote:
It's not much use speculating based on either Apollo or Phoenix's past character trait/displays because I don't think they can be counted on to retain that much characterisation from the previous (Takumi) games.

Even if it is the GK dev team in production and they have much more freedom with these new cases (being a part of the main series again), I doubt the characterizations would be at issue. So far of what we've seen of Nick in this game, he has maintained his personality from the original trilogy. Sure, he seemed a bit too "nervous" about his first case back in court, but that barely lasts a few dialogue boxes before he's back in the game (pun intended).

The GS5 demo may only be a demo, but it's still an official product before the final release, so it's viable enough as a reference.

Quote:
Apollo BEING the prosecutor is still possible though because it would help cover one of the GK writers weaknesses: all their OWN characters are poorly done (or at least they were in GK1, and such an uncompelling main Prosecutor in GS would ruin the game). But everyone will put up with 'Apollo' since the work is done and he's Hobo Phoenix II (The horrible events Changed Him) so not expected to act 'In Character' from GS4, AND doesn't have the scrutiny of being the main playable protagonist. It's all because he's a Prosecutor now, see?

Okay, I can see Apollo as Hobo Phoenix II, but not as a prosecutor. If he's quitting the defense position, he won't have a reason to take the prosecuting position. But whether or not he's quitting anything is still up in the air. I on one hand refuse to believe that a single bombing incident would drive him out of court.

Besides, it's not about holding either position. It's about being in court in the first place. A whole COURTROOM was bombed by a crazy terrorist, not just the defense's bench... even if the defense attorney was the main target.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

CatMuto wrote:
icer wrote:
The old GS games give you huge emotional/motivational investment in uncovering the overarching crime, the dramatic narrative/context is plotted/mapped very well with the 'problems/solving' parts of the games. Not only with empathising with the characters' in world plight, but the satisfaction of throwing evidence in their smug face and whatever. It's all very well orchestrated.

No.... no, they actually didn't. I mean, I never got very attached to the characters, none of the scenes were ever super emotional to me and the problem solving was too easy. Yeah it was fun to "throw evidence into smug faces" but only because their lies were so paper thin, everybody would've seen those. Every non-lawyer could figure this stuff out - yes, which is part of the game, but really..... did they have to make it so obvious, like they're treating the gamers to be fucking idiots?

C-A

The most difficult part, for me anyways, was not figuring out which piece of evidence to use, but figuring out which statement to present it at. Like, I would present evidence but be penalized because it wasn't the correct statement or because I still needed to press a certain statement. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but I wouldn't consider the game to be that easy.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Even if it is the GK dev team in production and they have much more freedom with these new cases (being a part of the main series again), I doubt the characterizations would be at issue. So far of what we've seen of Nick in this game, he has maintained his personality from the original trilogy. Sure, he seemed a bit too "nervous" about his first case back in court, but that barely lasts a few dialogue boxes before he's back in the game (pun intended).

If anything, that's all the more reason to be worried about the characterizations. This game is a direct follow-up to GS4 not the original trilogy. Putting on an old outfit doesn't suddenly change you back into the person you were seven years ago. Phoenix acting like his rookie old-self is completely jarring after how wise and laid-back he was one year prior the events of GS5. I'm afraid of what they'll do with Apollo, especially if he's the prosecutor. I am completely disappointed how the AAI team handled their characters in GK2 and I certainly don't want that disaster to happen again in GS5.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
But whether or not he's quitting anything is still up in the air. I on one hand refuse to believe that a single bombing incident would drive him out of court.

It doesn't have to be. I see it as "the final straw" that eventually made him give up.

Auburnsun wrote:
If anything, that's all the more reason to be worried about the characterizations. This game is a direct follow-up to GS4 not the original trilogy. Putting on an old outfit doesn't suddenly change you back into the person you were seven years ago. Phoenix acting like his rookie old-self is completely jarring after how wise and laid-back he was one year prior the events of GS5. I'm afraid of what they'll do with Apollo, especially if he's the prosecutor. I am completely disappointed how the AAI team handled their characters in GK2 and I certainly don't want that disaster to happen again in GS5.

And yet, that's the point that Yamazaki had put out since the first official announcement: he's NOT supposed to be completely like his GS4 self, but a mix of GS1 and GS4. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep him more laid back, he's actually not as jumpy as he used to be. In fact, Kokone is SO jumpy wherever she shows up that Nick doesn't have a chance to compare. (As much as I like her, the more I learn about her, the more I have to worry about the annoyance level.)

There is one other point to remember: Once you're given the position of main character, that character has to hide a LOT of their hidden potential. Take Edgeworth for example: he used to be the one who had complete control over his cases until Nick hit those turnabouts. Because he was offscreen for so long, there was plenty of room to maneuver with his development. Once he took the main role in T&T & AAI, though, much of that air of mystery around him was lost and thrown out. And so, to maintain his level of professionalism, the dev teams made him lead the player around, treating the players as douches essentially. It's sadly unchangeable, but if GS5 had taken that direction, Nick would have fallen into that "trap" as well. And I'd prefer old Nick to that any day.

Besides, since he's gotten his chance to flaunt his badge again, people are going to be giving him sh*t in the worst possible ways again. The nostalgia really brings back out his youth.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be. I see it as "the final straw" that eventually made him give up.

Funny, because Apollo took even more crap in one game than Phoenix did in two. You'd think it'd be reeeeally hard to make him snap. And even if he doesn't admit to being Nick's apprentice, he fits the position to a T. :keiko:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
And yet, that's the point that Yamazaki had put out since the first official announcement: he's NOT supposed to be completely like his GS4 self, but a mix of GS1 and GS4.

I don't see your point here. Intentionally messing with his charaterization doesn't make it better. I don't understand why can't they leave him as is like with other characters. When characters age in AA, they become much more calmer and relaxed. Wearing an old shirt from my freshman year of high school isn't going to suddenly make me an irrational dependent preteen. Nick's personality change is abrupt no matter how you look at it. Hopefully, he only acts like a nervous buttmonkey in the first case, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I hope his GS4 traits become more apparent because right now I'm not seeing them.

Quote:
And so, to maintain his level of professionalism, the dev teams made him lead the player around, treating the players as douches essentially. It's sadly unchangeable, but if GS5 had taken that direction, Nick would have fallen into that "trap" as well. And I'd prefer old Nick to that any day.

Except Nick was fine in 4-4.

Well in Flashback Case 4-4, Nick was a jerk - but then, considering the prosecutor was a greenhorn who didn't show any respect towards him, it's totally understandable he was a jerk right back.

I just don't understand why they would return his personality even slightly back to GS1. He's not a rookie in terms of being a lawyer anymore, despite the 7 year absence. It's okay if he's a little nervous prior to the trial, but as soon as he gets behind the bench, he'd be confident again.
I mean, in Case 1-4, when he stood next to Apollo, he basically said that the view didn't change at all. And he never really gave up being a lawyer, he contemplated it, but with the stuff he did in AJ, it's obvious he didn't completely forget everything that he ever did as a defense attorney beforehand.

C-A

Quote:
Well in Flashback Case 4-4, Nick was a jerk - but then, considering the prosecutor was a greenhorn who didn't show any respect towards him, it's totally understandable he was a jerk right back.

I was referring to Hobohodou during the present scenes in 4-4, not the flashback scenes. I wouldn't say he was a jerk during the flashback court case but rather overconfident.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. It doesn't make sense how much he lead Apollo in 4-1 (not being a lawyer) only to be led by Kokone when he has his badge back.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Auburnsun wrote:
Quote:

I was referring to Hobohodou during the present scenes in 4-4, not the flashback scenes. I wouldn't say he was a jerk during the flashback court case but rather overconfident.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. It doesn't make sense how much he lead Apollo in 4-1 (not being a lawyer) only to be led by Kokone when he has his badge back.

I've been extremely impressed with everything about GS5 except their treatment of Phoenix. Frankly, I don't think GS1-GS3 Phoenix's "I screwed up Grin" should even be in the game. It's one thing to say he's a little flustered to be out of court, but it's another thing to bring back character traits that no longer make sense to the character. I think it would have been better to have replaced that grin with Phoenix's "Anakin Skywalker Stare" from GS4. Going by the rest of the plot, if these really are "dark days in law" and Phoenix has just finally conquered the case that got him disbarred, nothing surprising can make him reveal his surprise to his opponent. He was a master poker player for years, after all. Maybe the expression itself isn't a huge problem but the implications of that being in there could be big. If his character doesn't feel like the Phoenix we know from GS4 there's going to be issues. With any luck they'll keep its use to things like losing "life" on the "life bar".

As for Kokone leading him in court, I think that's more a symptom of the game itself and how the first case needs to be a tutorial for the player. This isn't the first time they've had to come up with weird ways to make it new for potential first-time players.
GS1 New Lawyer
GS2 Lawyer gets hit in the head and gets amnesia
GS3 I have a suspicion that half of the reason there were Mia cases in the game were because there had to be a new lawyer for the tutorial
GS4 New Lawyer
AAI Gumshoe tells edgeworth what he "already knows" - but the player doesn't.

So that doesn't actually bother me as much as that grin does. If you really think about it, even the new lawyers on their first case have passed the bar exam and should know when to cross examine and look at evidence before their first year of law school is done.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

TheIdioteque wrote:

Well, the whole reason why Wright changed the name in the first place was because he wasn't a lawyer anymore. The Wright Anything Agency housed three different professions: Phoenix as a piano player/professional poker player, Trucy as a magician, and Apollo as a lawyer. Now that Phoenix is back as a lawyer, and assuming Kokone and Apollo both work for him, it would be kind of silly to keep the name as the Wright Anything Agency. There would now be three lawyers working there, and as such it's most likely become a more serious agency again and would most likely go back to being referred to as a law firm. Trucy can still work there in the same way that Maya did, and can still do her magic.

Do you think they will change the design of the office much? In AJ the office was full of trucys things, do you think they might put the office back to what it normally looks like?

tvmadykid wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:

Well, the whole reason why Wright changed the name in the first place was because he wasn't a lawyer anymore. The Wright Anything Agency housed three different professions: Phoenix as a piano player/professional poker player, Trucy as a magician, and Apollo as a lawyer. Now that Phoenix is back as a lawyer, and assuming Kokone and Apollo both work for him, it would be kind of silly to keep the name as the Wright Anything Agency. There would now be three lawyers working there, and as such it's most likely become a more serious agency again and would most likely go back to being referred to as a law firm. Trucy can still work there in the same way that Maya did, and can still do her magic.

Do you think they will change the design of the office much? In AJ the office was full of trucys things, do you think they might put the office back to what it normally looks like?

They'll surely have to keep Mia's stuff even if they do. With Trucy as his daughter I don't think he'll change too much of it if it were the case, maybe arrange the place a little.

soreveil wrote:
tvmadykid wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:

They'll surely have to keep Mia's stuff even if they do. With Trucy as his daughter I don't think he'll change too much of it if it were the case, maybe arrange the place a little.

Oh god, what if the biggest change in GS5 is that Charlie has finally withered away!? :beef:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

Oh god, what if the biggest change in GS5 is that Charlie has finally withered away!? :beef:

C-A

I don't think they would or I wouldn't be very happy :ack: Charley is one of the best characters okay.

OBJECTION!

Hmmm.... Nick may not have been a lawyer for a while, but he's still older and wiser, what would be the point of making him like a GS1 rookie again, or even a mixture? He's supposed to progress. It may be OK for a tutorial ("Let's see if I remember how to do this") but not the whole game. On the other hand Nick was very OOC in 4-4, he was very arrogant but that was possibly because Klavier was a dick in that case.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Auburnsun wrote:
I don't see your point here. Intentionally messing with his charaterization doesn't make it better. I don't understand why can't they leave him as is like with other characters. When characters age in AA, they become much more calmer and relaxed. Wearing an old shirt from my freshman year of high school isn't going to suddenly make me an irrational dependent preteen. Nick's personality change is abrupt no matter how you look at it. Hopefully, he only acts like a nervous buttmonkey in the first case, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I hope his GS4 traits become more apparent because right now I'm not seeing them.

In that case, there's plenty to wait for. Tutorial cases of the games are usually among the weaker of the bunch because they're kept relatively simple and straightforward. So, if his personality change seems abrupt, it should only be for one case... just like how randomly he got amnesia, only here, it's newbie-status all over again. Why else would I consider 2-1 as the weakest case in the entire series?

Quote:
Quote:
And so, to maintain his level of professionalism, the dev teams made him lead the player around, treating the players as douches essentially. It's sadly unchangeable, but if GS5 had taken that direction, Nick would have fallen into that "trap" as well. And I'd prefer old Nick to that any day.

Except Nick was fine in 4-4.

At the start of 4-4, he acted as he did for the rest of the game. By the flashback, he reverted back to classic Nick. By the later portions of the Mason search, he still acted like classic Nick. I don't think it's that great a leap into GS5.

Auburnsun wrote:
It doesn't make sense how much he lead Apollo in 4-1 (not being a lawyer) only to be led by Kokone when he has his badge back.

Only if she's leading the charge into the courthouse/ investigation. She acts a lot like Maya otherwise, but with more vigor and determination.

ADA McCoy wrote:
I've been extremely impressed with everything about GS5 except their treatment of Phoenix. Frankly, I don't think GS1-GS3 Phoenix's "I screwed up Grin" should even be in the game. It's one thing to say he's a little flustered to be out of court, but it's another thing to bring back character traits that no longer make sense to the character. I think it would have been better to have replaced that grin with Phoenix's "Anakin Skywalker Stare" from GS4. Going by the rest of the plot, if these really are "dark days in law" and Phoenix has just finally conquered the case that got him disbarred, nothing surprising can make him reveal his surprise to his opponent. He was a master poker player for years, after all. Maybe the expression itself isn't a huge problem but the implications of that being in there could be big. If his character doesn't feel like the Phoenix we know from GS4 there's going to be issues. With any luck they'll keep its use to things like losing "life" on the "life bar".

Do you realize that the silly grin came about from the player forcing him to present the wrong piece of evidence? The screenshots on the website very highly suggest that was what had happened. There's the haughty expression from Payne, the exasperated look from Kokone, and to complete the picture, the "what the heck did I just do" look from Nick. It's not his fault.

Quote:
So that doesn't actually bother me as much as that grin does. If you really think about it, even the new lawyers on their first case have passed the bar exam and should know when to cross examine and look at evidence before their first year of law school is done.

Gosh, you guys don't need to take this so seriously.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Don't worry, Charlie will remain immortal. He's been in very good care since Mia's days.

Derper

Isn't the plant here Charley?

Spoiler: big image

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Wotter boy

Maybe there's more to the Wright Anything Agency/Wright and Co.
Whichever one it's gonna be called.

Because, to be honest, I don't think Nick would meet with clients in that messy, almost living room like area.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Do you realize that the silly grin came about from the player forcing him to present the wrong piece of evidence? The screenshots on the website very highly suggest that was what had happened. There's the haughty expression from Payne, the exasperated look from Kokone, and to complete the picture, the "what the heck did I just do" look from Nick. It's not his fault.

I had not realized that. I sometimes find it hard to follow screenshots before I actually see gameplay going on, so that'f my fault. If that's the case, then it's being used in an acceptable manor and I'm ok with that.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Quote:

Gosh, you guys don't need to take this so seriously.

You may have misinterpreted what I was trying to point out. My point when I made that comment was that Kokone leading Phoenix doesn't really bother me as it is more a symptom of the gameplay than anything else. People were talking about it like it wasn't believable that she would do that and I was simply responding that it's really not believable that they would need any help at all on their first trial, so you always have to accept some leaps in real world logic with the series, hence the Kokone leading Phoenix issue isn't an issue for me.

If you mean that based around my reaction to the "grin" face, that's simply because we're on an Ace Attorney forum, with other Ace Attorney fans talking about a game that hasn't revealed a lot for us to talk about. So naturally the conversation will get very specific and "serious" when in reality even if Phoenix uses the grin face a little it will at most make me detract a 0.00001% off of my "rating" of the game when i play it. It's not a "serious" issue to me or anyone else, but when I'm talking about it on an AA forum I will treat it as a serious issue. It's just how this stuff is haha.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Don't worry, Charlie will remain immortal. He's been in very good care since Mia's days.

Everyone just wait and see. At the end of the final GS game it will be revealed that it was all a dream in Charlie's mind. Only thing that will connect everything together are all the appearances by Richard Belzer.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The butler is the culprit!

BuddyFaith wrote:

Because, to be honest, I don't think Nick would meet with clients in that messy, almost living room like area.

No, I think his office is the exact same place as the background image of GS4. As you can see from the pictures, the sofa on the front of the first picture is the same sofa as the sofa on the left in the 2nd picture.
Spoiler: Big images

Source.

BuddyFaith wrote:

I believe Phoenix didn't actually use the desk in his office, nor read any of the law books owned by Mia. And besides the majority of the clients that Phoenix has do tend to be in the detention centre, rather than having suspected murderers wander of too have a chat with Phoenix in his office.

kOPF wrote:
BuddyFaith wrote:

No, I think his office is the exact same place as the background image of GS4. As you can see from the pictures, the sofa on the front of the first picture is the same sofa as the sofa on the left in the 2nd picture.

Source.

Now I'm wondering where did the tea table go in the first pic...?

soreveil wrote:
kOPF wrote:
BuddyFaith wrote:

Source.

Now I'm wondering where did the tea table go in the first pic...?

Hurray, we have minor animation errors to look out for! Well, we can pretend that it's just a matter of perspective. Either that, or the table itself is part of a magical illusion, the "Now you see it, now you don't" kind.

And I believe Charlie is looking mighty fine in that shot.

kOPF wrote:
BuddyFaith wrote:

Source.

Is that the same office Nick had in the original trilogy? I never realized we were looking at it from that angle-

O_O =_= O_O

... OMG! THEY MOVED CHARLIE!
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Tired Med Student

beterbomen wrote:
Is that the same office Nick had in the original trilogy? I never realized we were looking at it from that angle-

O_O =_= O_O

You never noticed him in the background in AJ? ;-; And that Trucy had the place rearranged when she moved in?

What confuses me though is that I always thought that the office had something like a second room in the games....did I really see it wrong all these years? D8>

Spoiler:

The door placement seems off.

....I'm confused now. ><

Wreith wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

O_O =_= O_O

You never noticed him in the background in AJ? ;-; And that Trucy had the place rearranged when she moved in?

What confuses me though is that I always thought that the office had something like a second room in the games....did I really see it wrong all these years? D8>

....I'm confused now. ><

Maybe Phoenix did some renovation to the office building back during the GS3 era when he was pretty popular and (probably) making some good cash.

Maybe they made the office like that because of 3D investigating? You can rotate the perspective during investigations now.

Wreith wrote:

....I'm confused now. ><

Here let me help.

vvvIf you make a quick rough map of it, the GS4 office looks something like thisvvv

vvvThis was Mia's office(well the messy version of it)vvv

I don't really see a problem with the door though?

Tired Med Student

I think what threw me off is that the door in this scene looks like it's at the bottom-right corner instead of top-right:

There's a desk in that area with a couch in front of it, but if that's THE desk then it would have to be at the end of the room like in the maps you provided. That's what has me confused x_x especially since we had this view right before he discovered Mia's body in 1-2, so it always felt like the office was made up of 2 rooms or something.

Though judging by the light coming in from the side, it looks like the door could also be on the top-left side of the room....

Ace Sidekick!

Holy--!!!

Poor Polly. :( I REALLY hope he doesn't turn out to be another character that takes a nosedive in terms of character development.

Wreith wrote:
I think what threw me off is that the door in this scene looks like it's at the bottom-right corner instead of top-right:

There's a desk in that area with a couch in front of it, but if that's THE desk then it would have to be at the end of the room like in the maps you provided. That's what has me confused x_x especially since we had this view right before he discovered Mia's body in 1-2, so it always felt like the office was made up of 2 rooms or something.

Though judging by the light coming in from the side, it looks like the door could also be on the top-left side of the room....

I think this is another room, I mean if it wasn't I'm certain that it would have a sliding effect to the side rather than a switch effect to the rest of the room like they always do in the GS games. The place is left undisturbed and the objects weren't included in the map. :shoe:

Emiko Gale wrote:
Holy--!!!

Poor Polly. :( I REALLY hope he doesn't turn out to be another character that takes a nosedive in terms of character development.

He already took a nosedive in the bomb explosion, hopefully Capcom will give him a break from anymore messes.

Last edited by mushin on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

soreveil wrote:
vvvThis was Mia's office(well the messy version of it)vvv

Okay, in the background pic there's a leather couch against the wall. In the Mia's Office Map, there is no couch against the wall.

I always thought we went through the door.

There were 2 rooms in GS1, the client waiting room/reception, and the office.

I suppose in GS4 all the extra rubbish is put in the office room.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The butler is the culprit!

To be honest, the reception room may have been changed to be a living quarters for Trucy and Nick.

kOPF wrote:
To be honest, the reception room may have been changed to be a living quarters for Trucy and Nick.

I don't think it would work with the location of the door on the opposite side of the office.

Wreith wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

O_O =_= O_O

....I'm confused now. ><

I did notice him, but I just never realized that he'd been moved to a different place in the office. I just guess I never thought about the Wright Anything Agency as being the same office as the Wright & Co. Law Offices.

And yeah, I think the office does actually have two rooms, but for some reason the reception area feels to me like it's not really part of the office. Maybe that's just a main area that they share with other offices? How is the building the office is located in build up, anyway?
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

I don't think that was ever really mentioned.
But aside from the slight purpose that receptionist...ic...al... room had in 1-2, we never see it. It feels like that room doesn't even really exist. Like you open the door to Wright and Co and come right to Feeny's desk.

C-A

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

Even with all the speculation going on here, I'm just happy that Nick is back in the driver's seat. AJ is my least favorite AA game.
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

CatMuto wrote:
But aside from the slight purpose that receptionist...ic...al... room had in 1-2, we never see it. It feels like that room doesn't even really exist. Like you open the door to Wright and Co and come right to Feeny's desk.

C-A

Yeah I feel like it was a waste, especially since they could have used it for the scene where Phoenix cleans the bathroom since I am sure it is in this room instead of the main office.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

beterbomen wrote:
And yeah, I think the office does actually have two rooms, but for some reason the reception area feels to me like it's not really part of the office. Maybe that's just a main area that they share with other offices? How is the building the office is located in build up, anyway?

It does feel like by GS4 that the whole office became only one room instead of two. The fact that they stuffed all of Trucy's things into the office may imply that the "receptionist desk" was at some point removed. Whether it was intentional or not, it was never brought up again. I always assumed that at some point, Nick didn't want to bother with so much unused space that he simply sold it off. (The bathroom, meanwhile, has always been set in a separate ethereal location.)

According to a map of the office's location in Turnabout Corner, it takes up the top-left corner of a block (Gatewater Hotel looks to be to the office's south). But based on its shape, it looks to be about one-room-sized, not two. If it is supposed to be two rooms, that's a really tight squeeze... but not impossible, I guess.

In that case, would the entrance to the office be facing away from the road? It does seem like it.

But if the two room were converted into two rooms then Trucy would have way more space to put her magic equipment than very close to the desk. and the distance between the other couch and the door looks very cramped.

soreveil wrote:
But if the two room were converted into two rooms then Trucy would have way more space to put her magic equipment than very close to the desk. and the distance between the other couch and the door looks very cramped.

My point exactly. At some point, the office went from two rooms to one, and thus, became very cramped. Then again, Nick isn't really the tidy type, so he must feel right at home. Sometimes I wonder if he even sleeps there.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
soreveil wrote:

My point exactly. At some point, the office went from two rooms to one, and thus, became very cramped. Then again, Nick isn't really the tidy type, so he must feel right at home. Sometimes I wonder if he even sleeps there.

I thought you meant that they removed the wall making it one big room whoops. Makes me wonder what happened to that other room.
Page 6 of 7 [ 258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes