Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 4 of 7[ 258 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12Topic%20Title

So is it at least plausible that it is Apollo?

Nice one Bazztek!

Reglare wrote:
Before:

After:

they ruined his eyebrows
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Prosecutor

Bazztek wrote:

Great work! I think the silhouette is Apollo, but is just an opinion, eh....

Bazztek wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/qy4NqdM.png?

Impressive. I didn't think the hair would match up, but this convinces me it's him.

The Law 'Shark'

Ooooooh boy.....this is going to be a huuuuge development if that's the case!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Gettin' Old!

I wouldn't be so sure guys, the hair DOESN'T match up, no spikes, as you can see the silhouette isn't cut off at the top instead reverting to the darker 'fog' behind the silhouetted character. The spikes ain't there. Also Apollo has huge ears that stick out the side of his head (his profile image on the last page confirms it) way past any hair whereas this silhouette has feathery hair that falls over the ears.

It's easy to be tricked cause the guy has drawn Apollo over it but the hair is wrong the outline ain't right.

Not that it couldn't be, that could be the same jacket Apollo wore but someone else could have the jacket as well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What is my liiiife?!?

So the prosecutor could be Polly's colleague? That's an interesting prospect I don't think any of us thought of yet.

OBJECTION!

It will be very interesting if Apollo has a major role - I think if he's on the prosecutor's side he will be a "good" prosecutor :)
If the prosecutor is a colleague of Polly's, what does that make Apollo? Chief Prosecutor? Ooooh....
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

What is my liiiife?!?

grim_tales wrote:
It will be very interesting if Apollo has a major role - I think if he's on the prosecutor's side he will be a "good" prosecutor :)
If the prosecutor is a colleague of Polly's, what does that make Apollo? Chief Prosecutor? Ooooh....

Or Apollo might have become a member of the Bomb Squad. If that group was formed to find out who the bomber is it would make sense for it to be full of law enforcement officials. Prosecutors, Defence Lawyers, Cops, etc.

Wotter boy

Gerkuman wrote:
Or Apollo might have become a member of the Bomb Squad. If that group was formed to find out who the bomber is it would make sense for it to be full of law enforcement officials. Prosecutors, Defence Lawyers, Cops, etc.

That kinda makes sense to me.
The cops, desperate to find out who was the bomber, gathered a rather rag-tag group of law officials to find him/her out, and bring him/her to justice without ever having to change who was involved with trial!
But, that's just the ramblings of a crazy person here...

Though Bomb Squad!Polly would be pretty cool.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

It looks like we are going Mega Man Star Force 3 here guys!

I don't quite understand what the noise is though, all i got from google translate was this:

Quote:
I do not draw the correct testimony and noise are mixed. Will reduce the noise level to be successful heart scope.

..huh..

Blah!

irishmarcoos wrote:

I don't quite understand what the noise is though, all i got from google translate was this:

Quote:
I do not draw the correct testimony and noise are mixed. Will reduce the noise level to be successful heart scope.

..huh..

Sounds like she's saying that the testimony has noise, or is false but the reason is unclear. Perhaps the heart scope can reduce the noise to figure out what's wrong with the testimony. Just a guess.

OBJECTION!

Gerkuman wrote:
grim_tales wrote:

Good point - that makes sense to me, looks he is injured, maybe in the explosion?

grim_tales wrote:
Gerkuman wrote:
grim_tales wrote:

Good point - that makes sense to me, looks he is injured, maybe in the explosion?

It would be more interesting that he decided to become a prosecutor since we already had a switch from defense to prosecution via Godot.

Programmer

I think the jacket isn't Apollos. Or at least, it didn't use to be his. I am betting on it being a gift/loan.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Forgot I was the last one who posted.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Last edited by D.A. McCoy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe the jacket is someone who died in the courtroom explosion? Someone who was close to Apollo?

The other thing is I'm assuming that he's not going to be doing the arm-inside-jacket thing the whole time, which means when he is wearing the jacket completely it is going to totally change his appearance and presence.

Gerkuman wrote:
Reglare wrote:
Just noticed this after someone pointed it out.

Could it be possible that the game is taking so long since they're still improving a lot of stuff already worked on?

Before:

After:

This also confirms Nick is a vampire. He seems to grow younger once he sucks the blood of law.

They probably used more place-holdery art for the reveal trailer and then went and improved it as time went on. That's the thing with a Visual Novel, once you've got all the characters, objects and and backgrounds done, you're probably going to have a lot of time to iterate and improve on them while you wait for the designers/programmers to put the cases together.

Edit: Actually, it seems like its partially a change in the lighting system, I quite like it.

They also cleaned up his sleeves a little bit and made the suit look more natural. I'm not sure why they changed the eye color, but they've always done that with characters in the series.

my FAVORITE thing is that that little bang of hair coming down no longer looks weird and covers his face!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Reglare wrote:

Could it be possible that the game is taking so long since they're still improving a lot of stuff already worked on?

Before:

After:

This also confirms Nick is a vampire. He seems to grow younger once he sucks the blood of law.

Goddammit. I can understand the eyes (and they're not completely blue, so it's fine), but why make him whiter? He's supposed to be Japanese! CAPCOM, WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

The textures definitely are smoother, but he looks way too young. (In fact, he looks younger than he used to look back in GS1-3...) I prefer the lighter lighting, though. It keeps the trial in better presence.

Edit: Ye Gods, even his hair is spikier... as in, longer. HIS HAT IS NOT EXPLAINABLE.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Sounds like she's saying that the testimony has noise, or is false but the reason is unclear. Perhaps the heart scope can reduce the noise to figure out what's wrong with the testimony. Just a guess.

More specifically, it's "noise" from Shinobu's contradicting emotions. The Heart Scope doesn't detect sounds in a person's surroundings, but from within. It can then hone in onto specific parts like a music mixer (?) by lowering that level in some way.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Maybe the jacket is someone who died in the courtroom explosion? Someone who was close to Apollo?

It's confirmed that no one died in the explosion. Whoever previously owned that jacket either is still alive or wasn't in that court.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

ADA McCoy wrote:

It's confirmed that no one died in the explosion. Whoever previously owned that jacket either is still alive or wasn't in that court.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

I guess the jacket and the sillouette are going to stay mysteries for a while. But the biggest mystery I want explained right now is the release date, because at least then we could have a rough estimate of a us release.

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

Yesssssssssss.

MY BODY IS READY.
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

could I direct people's attention to this picture?

Spoiler:

The official bio image has a slightly holey looking jacket (not nearly as tattered as this, but)...

Perhaps? :adrian:

Tired Med Student

.:looby:. wrote:
Reglare wrote:
Before:

After:

they ruined his eyebrows

Blasphemy! SACRILEGE! :chinami: ...I was rather attached to those. :sadshoe:

Chin seems longer too.
glitterdust wrote:

Spoiler:

The official bio image has a slightly holey looking jacket (not nearly as tattered as this, but)...

Yes, I thought the same thing too when I noticed the holes in his jacket. I don't see his hair antenna's poking off the top but otherwise it looks like it could be him now...

*is seriously late for the party*

so this was my first reaction to Apollo's appearance;

AHHHHH!!
AHHHHHH!!!
OH MY GAHHHD COWAH BUNGA 8O

because the fan speculation of Apollo becoming (or seems to be) a prosecutor seemed so far-featched to be true, I never thought it would actually happen. I know that he would have some development in the future but this is just too intense. I confess that I am guilty of "WAHHHHHHH PHOENIX BECAME A HOBO" so I did not care about Apollo *shot* and this certainly brings my attention. And I feel really guilty somehow about his change .. its like this:

-----------------------------
*Apollo appears*
Me: le gasp
Apollo: Yes, i came back strong and free. tch tch..you fans thought i was a minor copied main character didnt you?
Me: D:
Apollo: ha, now watch me as i burn everything to the ground and fullfill my revenge!
Me: :'(
---------------------------------
Apollo looks very different now, Its soo awesome! but it also does not leave a good taste in my mouth, His appearance is just too intense from before and he seems way to similar to Manfred Von Karma. Phoenix became a hobo in gs4, now Apollo will go over to the darkside for cookies : Justice and Phoenix will collide...I just hope it will not be a irritating change like Sasuke -_-"
(Sry i know i am complaining but don't get me wrong, I am really hyped up too)

Do you guys think Apollo might be a detective? because Lana still wore military like uniform when she worked with Gant. Apollo's style certainly seems to match with
Spoiler: Gk2?
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi...never played it but still

That aside, I like how they changed the models. Although he looks more young, its really smooth. Phoenix looks very lovely and more Phoenix"ish", I love how he has that innocent sparkle in his eyes...maybe that's not how it is supposed to be after transitioning from a hobo but oh well

blahmoomoo wrote:
irishmarcoos wrote:

Quote:

..huh..

Could the noise level just be the heart rate being compared to her words, as in the noise level could just be the machine and maybe you have to make it clearer until you find something?
Re: AA5 in Famitsu 3/12: Apollo ReturnsTopic%20Title

Idol of Polar Bears

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Also, take a look at that silhouette at the end of the TGS trailer. If you notice, it's most likely Apollo because of that object on the right, which is most likely Apollo's new jacket.

Dude, that's exactly what I was thinking! The silhouette does look eerily similar to Apollo's new design, which couldn't be more badass in my opinion and is officially the coolest character design since Tyrell Badd. If this is true, it means we'll finally get to see Apollo grow a pair and stand behind the bench on his own at last. Fingers crossed!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

soreveil wrote:
Could the noise level just be the heart rate being compared to her words, as in the noise level could just be the machine and maybe you have to make it clearer until you find something?

What. Why would the Heart Scope give off noise when its purpose is to detect it?

In any case, the noise comes not from the testimony itself, but the feelings behind it. After a testimony is given, the witness will have given some sorts of emotions at certain points. To continue on, you must draw out any contradictions between the testimony and what would be commonly thought as "proper" emotional response. When there is a mismatch, Phoenix will press further to clear up questions.

For example - the earliest example thus far - Shinobu has given her testimony on what happened just after the explosion. However, at one point when she thought she was going to be crushed by falling rubble, she shows great "shock" and a bit of "joy". Obviously, it isn't because she's happy her life is ending, so Phoenix questions her. It turns out, there was a police officer (presumably a bailiff) who jumped in just in time to save her. And with that, the Heart Scope's data is updated to better describe the situation.

The Heart Scope is like a mix of Little Thief and the drawings from PLvsAA. It displays a picture based on testimony and can be readily updated to fix errors or contradictions. It also detects and adjusts the noise level (whether it refers to simple heart beats or something deeper is unclear) to hone in on specific points in the testimony - much like how Apollo's perceiving breaks down testimony as he searches for clues.

It's an ingenious design for a game mechanic, and it's also the main reason I want this game. Forget aesthetics; I focus on the cores of games: gameplay mechanics, character and story development, overlying themes and latent morals. (Square, why isn't there another game like Chrono Trigger? It was so amazing...)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gerkuman wrote:
Reglare wrote:

Before:

After:

They probably used more place-holdery art for the reveal trailer and then went and improved it as time went on. That's the thing with a Visual Novel, once you've got all the characters, objects and and backgrounds done, you're probably going to have a lot of time to iterate and improve on them while you wait for the designers/programmers to put the cases together.

Edit: Actually, it seems like its partially a change in the lighting system, I quite like it.

Superimposing the images reveals that the camera angle is shifted, as is Wright's position.

blahmoomoo wrote:
irishmarcoos wrote:

Quote:

..huh..

Well, going by how "powers" like these usually work in AA games, doesn't this just mean that there is too much noise in the testimony for the Heart Scope to function properly, so Phoenix will have to go on without it and do things the old-fashioned way untill he's cleared up the testimony enough to reduce the noise level again? Because that's what it feels like to me.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Um about Apollo and the 'bombing', ('person in the courtroom scene') maybe there will be some stupid thing where you're/the people in-world are supposed to 'suspect' Apollo placed the bomb or was involved but he didn't or something. Sort of like how Phoenix didn't forge evidence '7 years ago'. But it will probably be over soon instead of dragging out a whole game [?]

The jacket sure looks like some kind of uniform.

-If it is a uniform, there could be more than one person wearing it. (This is an easy 'confusion' tactic for an easy case/'mystery'/'suspense')
-If the jacket is a uniform, the person in the bombed courtroom might not be Apollo. But they can just invent any justification why they didn't spoiler that scene with hair antennae. Maybe the bomb flattened it or he didn't gel it today or something.
-Either it belongs to Mystery Person, or maybe Apollo has joined the Bad Organisation as a spy or something.... there's got to be a reason for it.
-The silhouette is almost certainly Apollo, that is why the top of the head faded out on it perhaps? With his new longer hair and random bandages the shadow might fit
-I don't think Apollo set the bomb, they wouldn't have written something that interesting.. controversial. Even if he had a 'good reason for it'
-Phoenix could have been talking to Apollo in the mysterious phone call? (I've forgotten)
-I hope Apollo IS the prosecutor, but I think it's more likely he's just a random 'major' character. These are the GK writers, it's not necessarily going to follow the same character formula as the GS1-4. I still expect Edgeworth to appear in this game. (Not as 'THE Prosecutor')
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

I have the feeling that maybe the jacket belongs to a police officer? Like, put onto him post-bombing? Like how they put blankets and stuff on people from accidents and such. I dunno what I should think about Apollo appearing in GS5 - I just don't really care about him. Probably because he didn't seem to have that much a personality in AJ and they didn't have enough time to really flesh him out. Although here, it looks like they're trying to make him more badass and serious? Let's hope it works...

C-A

I'm glad to see Polly back. But I must admit, that I hope that under his tough new exterior he's still kind of a dweeb. Because I liked Apollo as a dweeb.

Also I really want to see that awkward cute blushing face that he makes, now covered in badass bandages.

OBJECTION!

I like the fact Apollo may be appearing in GS5 if it means his character will be fleshed out, we might find out some of his background, story etc :) I can care more about him then.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Just a heads up: I was tipped off that Something Awful member oneronen (known for his excellent translations/Let's Plays of the Dangan Ronpa series - which I highly recommend) got ahold of the magazine and says that Apollo's description in it states he's working for the Wright Law Office. (Source)

Hopefully we can get full scans for ourselves and see at some point, and it's always possible that Famitsu's just extrapolating from his role in AA4 or that he 'goes rogue' later, but for now this seems like some pretty hard evidence against the Prosecutor Apollo theory.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I don't expect him to be introduced as a prosecutor, assuming he is one. I expect he'll appear in the first case as a witness and later on become a prosecutor after he's healed.

Also, I've seen speculation on 2ch about Apollo becoming a prosecutor in spite of this, though it's plausible they haven't seen the full scans.

Wreith wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:
Reglare wrote:
Before:

After:

they ruined his eyebrows

Blasphemy! SACRILEGE! :chinami: ...I was rather attached to those. :sadshoe:

Chin seems longer too.
glitterdust wrote:

Spoiler:

Yes, I thought the same thing too when I noticed the holes in his jacket. I don't see his hair antenna's poking off the top but otherwise it looks like it could be him now...

Not his eyebrows!

Anyway, my thought is that he could just be tilting his head down, looking at the wreckage? IDK IDK I am on board for all the theories.

He could waltz in as prosecutor in case 4/5 like HELLO PHOENIX. :godot:

The first face makes it easier to see the details, I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to change that. He looks ever younger for his age and when you compare him to Gregory(at 34 years old), Tateyuki, Byrne and even his AJ self-I'll stop there before I go on a list-Nick does seem as if he took some secret fast acting anti-aging cream.

Programmer

You know, it's not the Wright & co law office anymore, it is still called the Wright anything agency. Apollo could still be a prosecutor, even if we decide that a "law office" doesn't have prosecutors.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
You know, it's not the Wright & co law office anymore, it is still called the Wright anything agency. Apollo could still be a prosecutor, even if we decide that a "law office" doesn't have prosecutors.

I would think that now that Phoenix is a lawyer again, it would go back to being Wright & Co. Law Offices. Just a guess though.

henke37 wrote:

Aren't prosecutors supposed to be all gathered in the prosecutor building?
Page 4 of 7 [ 258 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes