Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 94 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

JP Dual Destinies Character PromosTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Capcom has begun posting videos interviewing director Takeshi Yamazaki about the main characters of Dual Destinies. The first focuses on Phoenix, and additional episodes will follow each day until release (with the exception of Saturday and Sunday).

There's nothing tremendously new in the interview, but if someone would like to translate, it'd be appreciated! :phoenix:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: JP Dual Destinies Character PromosTopic%20Title

I dont know why youtube doesnt just add the translation on their caption feature :yuusaku:

One would imagine he's just talking about Phoenix's growth and goals in the game.

Granted, my Japanese is more or less restricted to the sentence "I eat apples", so I can't say that for certain.

Derper

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
I dont know why youtube doesnt just add the translation on their caption feature :yuusaku:

Would that even help though? Their translation feature is rather bad based on what I've seen.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Reglare wrote:

Would that even help though? Their translation feature is rather bad based on what I've seen.

the translation feature is a beta stage so it only has a few languages not even english

おい、パイ食わねぇか?

I don't have the time to translate everything... but there isn't much of a news.
Yamazaki basically talks about Phoenix's reappearance and his new outfit, along with mentioning about the efforts made on how the 2D motions from the past games being remade to the 3D model in this game.

Spoiler:
But he does mention that Phoenix returns to court to keep a promise he made with somebody "very important" to him in "ある大切な人との約束を守るために".
He emphasizes the "keeping" and "very important" part, so I imagine there's a very good chance that she'll be mentioned (or maybe returning *fingers crossed*) in the game -> :maya:

Check out my SoundCloud for Ace Attorney Transcriptions. And even AA style remixes of Nintendo music. .... Yeah, so basically a lot of Ace Attorney stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/crane43

Oh, and I'm Japanese.

Hmm, so they'll only introduce 8 or 7 characters out of the 9 on the official site. I wonder who will be missing?

sadly i was hoping they would discuss a release date for NA

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

In a Japanese character promo? :sadshoe:

Look at it this way, wait 2 days until the Capcom Panel at SD Comic Con, and we might hear something more solid :phoenix:

I swear though, i'd better hear a release date before October, i don't want to have the dilemma of what game to play, Dual Destinies of Pokémon X/Y :grey:

EDIT: Also, the new blog on the official site went up, and i'm sure this sky court has been mentioned before somewhere.. there is a nice picture riiiiiight here -> http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/blog/20130716.html#more

I count they can only have seven character profiles. So that's Phoenix, Athena, Apollo, Blackquill, Fullbright, (2 people who are Major characters), probably.

irishmarcoos wrote:

In a Japanese character promo? :sadshoe:

Look at it this way, wait 2 days until the Capcom Panel at SD Comic Con, and we might hear something more solid :phoenix:

I swear though, i'd better hear a release date before October, i don't want to have the dilemma of what game to play, Dual Destinies of Pokémon X/Y :grey:

EDIT: Also, the new blog on the official site went up, and i'm sure this sky court has been mentioned before somewhere.. there is a nice picture riiiiiight here -> http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/blog/20130716.html#more

i hope it comes out late august or early september that way i can start on a excellent note for my semester :sparkly-maggey:

Crane043 wrote:
Spoiler:
But he does mention that Phoenix returns to court to keep a promise he made with somebody "very important" to him in "ある大切な人との約束を守るために".
He emphasizes the "keeping" and "very important" part, so I imagine there's a very good chance that she'll be mentioned (or maybe returning *fingers crossed*) in the game -> :maya:

Spoiler:
Did he make such a promise to Maya? I don't remember that. Of course I can't think of any other promise he has made to someone important to him.

Completely off topic but shouldn't he, like, tell Trucy about her mother first?

Thane wrote:
Crane043 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Did he make such a promise to Maya? I don't remember that. Of course I can't think of any other promise he has made to someone important to him.

dont forget about apollo also he still doesnt know :think-think-think:

Thane wrote:
Crane043 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

dont forget about apollo also he still doesnt know :think-think-think:

The difference, of course, being that Trucy is his adopted daughter.

If it were me then I'd tell both Apollo and Trucy, but I guess he doesn't see it like that...'Spose he's waiting for Thalassa to reveal the news herself.

I wonder what'll happen to Trucy though - Will she just pack up and leave? It would be weird if they just ignored this subplot.

I still think Phoenix will drop the bomb when he notices Apollo hitting on Trucy.

Quote:

If it were me then I'd tell both Apollo and Trucy, but I guess he doesn't see it like that...'Spose he's waiting for Thalassa to reveal the news herself.

I wonder what'll happen to Trucy though - Will she just pack up and leave? It would be weird if they just ignored this subplot.

I still think Phoenix will drop the bomb when he notices Apollo hitting on Trucy.

i dont remember though if apollo ever showed interest in trucy in apollo justice but if it does happen they pretty much would be ripping off star wars when luke and princess Leila had a thing for eachother

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Quote:

i dont remember though if apollo ever showed interest in trucy in apollo justice but if it does happen they pretty much would be ripping off star wars when luke and princess Leila had a thing for eachother

No there were no hints at a serious relationship between them in AJ, so why would people think that now?

irishmarcoos wrote:
Quote:

No there were no hints at a serious relationship between them in AJ, so why would people think that now?

I'd like to point out I don't think there's anything between them. I was merely jesting.

I'm fairly sure I've completely derailed this thread. I apologize. My questions still stand, however.

irishmarcoos wrote:
Quote:

nothing of the characters in my opinion ever hinted a series relationship between them well mostly the main characters

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Reglare wrote:

What's wrong with the translation?
Spoiler: Screenshots

All I see is Nick's odd obsession with China.

Also, that is totally an inn. Yep.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Reglare wrote:

What's wrong with the translation?
Spoiler: Screenshots

All I see is Nick's odd obsession with China.

Also, that is totally an inn. Yep.

Just saw it now usually for some videos before they didnt have it i guess youtube fixed there caption beta :yogi:

Thane wrote:
Crane043 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm 90% sure that's the promise to Thalassa to keep Apollo and Trucy safe. Apollo getting blown up and all.... Unless the JP version had very different wording.

(Why Thalassa can't look after her children herself with all her riches and fame (vs Phoenix's years of forced hobo-dom) does irk me....)

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

2YN

Looks like they add another video and its all about Athena:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSF0whGmDE

PlayGer wrote:
Looks like they add another video and its all about Athena:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSF0whGmDE

damnit youtube and there shitty captions :grey:

Programmer

The main problem with translated captions is the source of the captions. The auto transcriber is notoriously bad. Garbage in, garbage out.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
The main problem with translated captions is the source of the captions. The auto transcriber is notoriously bad. Garbage in, garbage out.

just reading it made me stupider :yuusaku:

icer wrote:
Thane wrote:
Crane043 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm 90% sure that's the promise to Thalassa to keep Apollo and Trucy safe. Apollo getting blown up and all.... Unless the JP version had very different wording.

(Why Thalassa can't look after her children herself with all her riches and fame (vs Phoenix's years of forced hobo-dom) does irk me....)

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I would consider Thalassa as someone who's "very important" to Phoenix. The only people in the game who seem to be important to Phoenix are Maya, Trucy, and maybe Pearl and Apollo (and possibly Athena now).

TheIdioteque wrote:

Icer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I would consider Thalassa as someone who's "very important" to Phoenix. The only people in the game who seem to be important to Phoenix are Maya, Trucy, and maybe Pearl and Apollo (and possibly Athena now).

Spoiler:
True, but I took it to mean something slightly vaguer... maybe it meant that the promise is about someone very important to him. Or maybe Thalassa is important simply because she's Trucy's mother or something... I mean come on, Trucy would want to know her mother isn't dead after all, so Phoenix would consider it important by extension or something. We got the same type of idea in that early trailer where he's talking on the phone, he returned to court to keep a promise.
Of course not being able to translate myself...

Nobody's done an accurate translation of it somewhere have they?

And it was called a 'promise' in English GS4 to keep Apollo and Trucy safe (which clearly hasn't happened, even though I think perhaps the bomb wasn't targeting Apollo really? I haven't kept up with spoiling every micro-detail...) but like I said if the JP version used different wording, it makes the connection to that scene less clear.

I think the whole deal with Thalassa is pretty stupid though, her not wanting them to know and Phoenix having to keep Apollo and Trucy safe until she decided she can tell them. And since Takumi didn't write this game, his canon is that it's just ambiguous if or when this ever happens and that they even find out they're related. It's the kind of thing they have a right to know regardless of what their mother thinks of it. And it's also a dead obvious plot line to continue without requiring much imagination from the new writers. The bombing seems to have happened before the 're-barring', correct? The mid case/s are probably chronologically before the first one. That hasn't been dis-confirmed has it?

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

My guess is that this "promise" hasn't been seen yet, but will be shown in the game, probably during the flashback cases.

EDIT: Apollo got a new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6OG4m9XWCg
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Trucy and Klavier share a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGfVtolH6E

sad japan gets to play it first :grey:

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Very peculiar... Trucy doesn't get her own entire video. If she's a minor character now, my fears will vanish.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
Very peculiar... Trucy doesn't get her own entire video. If she's a minor character now, my fears will vanish.

how so?

linkenski wrote:

how so?

Because Trucy is scary.

Also, I don't understand these videos...they're in some strange, alien language I've never heard before!

Thane wrote:
linkenski wrote:

how so?

Because Trucy is scary.

Also, I don't understand these videos...they're in some strange, alien language I've never heard before!

How is trucy scary? :grey:

Blah!

I believe you missed the sarcasm in the second sentence.

Anyway, if you're going to heavily imply that you hate a character that's generally liked and you don't give any reasons for it, people are going to get angry and/or ask questions. If people would stop doing that, that would be really great.

EDIT: When I say that, I'm talking about hating a character without justifying it.

Last edited by blahmoomoo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blahmoomoo wrote:

Anyway, if you're going to heavily imply that you hate a character that's generally liked and you don't give any reasons for it, people are going to get angry and/or ask questions. If people would stop doing that, that would be really great.

well put but its not really a big deal though if he wants to state his opinion then he can its freedom of speech after all

Blah!

blahmoomoo wrote:

well put but its not really a big deal though if he wants to state his opinion then he can its freedom of speech after all

Sure, but writing an opinion without justification isn't a good thing in many contexts. In this instance, a forum is for discussion. Not saying why you have an opinion of something when that isn't the general consensus is against the spirit of discussion, because nobody knows why.

blahmoomoo wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Sure, but writing an opinion without justification isn't a good thing in many contexts. In this instance, a forum is for discussion. Not saying why you have an opinion of something when that isn't the general consensus is against the spirit of discussion, because nobody knows why.

Well thats why i posted asking why is she scary that way he can give his reason for his distaste of trucy

Oh dear, have I incited an argument? That was not my intention.

I don't dislike Trucy at all, even if I don't like how her personality is dangerously close to Maya's.

I just think she's scary partly because of her ability to instantly call a stranger 'daddy' after her real father vanishes from the face of the earth.

Thane wrote:
Oh dear, have I incited an argument? That was not my intention.

I don't dislike Trucy at all, even if I don't like how her personality is dangerously close to Maya's.

I just think she's scary partly because of her ability to instantly call a stranger 'daddy' after her real father vanishes from the face of the earth.

Its cool its more of a dicussion than a argument :yogi: true but it could also be because
Spoiler:
Her father during the case with his disappearing act he put alot of faith in wrights hands plus he did ask for him to take care of trucy so to trucy if her dad thinks she should trust right then thats what she did
Page 1 of 3 [ 94 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes