Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]
 


EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Gender: Male

Location: Gloucester, UK

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Posts: 357

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Js-893Z0s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quote:
Join two quintessential gentlemen in action on 28th March for an epic adventure - from London to the mysterious city of Labyrinthia


5th February 2014 - Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the world of a legendary academic and puzzle sleuth is set to collide with that of a hot-shot, justice loving attorney from 28th March when Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Whether in the heat of a court case, or out on the streets of London or the mystical medieval city of Labyrinthia, prepare to witness two great minds come face to face with magic, witchcraft, and all manner of contradictions to get to the bottom of!

If you are new to either the Professor Layton or Ace Attorney series, this first crossover adventure for the pair combines the investigative and puzzle-solving game elements of Layton with the intense courtroom-based action of a Phoenix Wright title. Both characters are famed for their quick wits and powers of unearthing the truth, and in this joint outing will need to work together to leave no puzzle or court trial unsolved.

The scene is set in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney when through independent circumstances both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright - with their respective partners Luke Triton and Maya Fey in tow - cross paths in London with a mysterious woman, Espella Cantabella and subsequently find themselves spirited away to Labyrinthia, a world overseen by the shadowy figure of the Storyteller. This literary master of Labyrinthia has a gift for foreseeing the future, and with every prophecy penned is a tale destined to become reality. Aside from dispelling the people of Labyrinthia's suspicions of foreign visitors, once Layton and Wright get acquainted and both remember their calling they must begin unravelling the unusual events of the city and save Espella from being condemned as a witch.

With the two quintessential gentlemen working in tandem, during court trials Phoenix Wright is able to use Hint Coins - a staple of the Professor Layton series - in order to narrow down options when presenting evidence, or provide helpful hints when cross-examining witnesses. After all, in the Witch Trials of Labyrinthia multiple witnesses to a crime can take to the stand, meaning Wright will need to be on guard to press any witness who is looking suspicious when another testimony is being given. Don't be surprised in addition to see Layton stepping up to raise an objection, both on the side of the defence and the prosecution...

For those who finish the main story, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will offer Bonuses including exclusive artwork and music from the game. Make sure that throughout the course of your adventure in London and Labyrinthia you collect as many Picarats as possible - the higher the Picarat score you have at the end of the game, the more content will be unlocked. Once more for fans who complete the main story, free extra content can also be unlocked* gradually, with treats for fans such as twelve short new episodes for the game, and galleries featuring over sixty illustrations with comments from the development team on how they brought the two legendary gentlemen together for this unique adventure.

Two titans of law and order unite on 28th March when Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney launches in six different languages** across Europe for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Get your thinking cap on when facing all-new puzzles from the perspectives of both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, and witness the law-enforcing pair battle side by side in the courtroom to secure justice and unravel the enigma that is the mysterious medieval city of Labyrinthia.

To catch a glimpse of what lies in store in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, a new teaser trailer can be viewed here.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will be available to purchase via the Nintendo UK store. Prices will vary between retailers.

* Internet connection required for downloadable content.
** The game will feature voiceover and text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch.


For further details:
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney website: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintend ... 45517.html


Nintendo 3DS Guided Tour: http://guidedtour.nintendo.co.uk

Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK

Nintendo UK on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK

Nintendo of Europe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope

Nintendo UK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendouk

Nintendo UK Store: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1586

Awesome!

There's official confirmation that the DLC is coming to the west, although whether it's actually DLC or extra content built into the game is unclear.

Waiting on the US Release (although I also haven't finished GS5 yet so I'm not in full excitement mode yet)!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1070

That trailer was stupid. Couldn't they have made a better one considering how long we've waited.
Image
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Moscow, Russia

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Posts: 43

Really happy to see that they used the opportunity to make Layton a prosecutor, considering that's basically who he is in his own series.
Image ImageImage
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Payne

Gender: Male

Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Posts: 1356

Spyro wrote:
Really happy to see that they used the opportunity to make Layton a prosecutor, considering that's basically who he is in his own series.


Spoiler: PLvsPW
I'm upset... why would they say that? It's supposed to be a surprise... because he is only the prosecutor in the final case, they ruined it


Do not post unmarked PLvsPW spoilers. -Bolt
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:34 am

Posts: 263

Blizdi wrote:
I'm upset... why would they say that? It's supposed to be a surprise...

Then maybe you could have used spoiler tags instead of ruining that for me -_-
The preview was vague enough that I didn't pay much attention to it, but your post...
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Breakdown

Gender: None specified

Location: FL

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:37 am

Posts: 132

Heh I can't believe how short and uninspired the English trailers have been compared to all the awesomeness we got with the JP release, but I'm always excited to see news confirming how very close we are.

Btw the high res art released=beautiful (Dat Olivia):
http://imgur.com/a/bQags
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 1047

Blizdi wrote:
Spyro wrote:
Really happy to see that they used the opportunity to make Layton a prosecutor, considering that's basically who he is in his own series.


Spoiler:
I'm upset... why would they say that? It's supposed to be a surprise... because he is only the prosecutor in the final case,
they ruined it

Actually you ruined it for me. Thanks for the spoilers, asshole!
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Posts: 29

Not gonna lie: I've not played one installment of Professor Layton in my life, so my question is should I play an installment to get an idea of what to expect out of this game?
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Gender: Male

Location: Gloucester, UK

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Posts: 357

Can I just say to everyone, IT IS A TEASER TRAILER! It's even labeled teaser! I'm pretty sure the next nintendo direct will have a full trailer, so be patient!
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6172

^ What he said.

I just wish they hadn't used a certain scene in this trailer. Blizdi, spoiler tag that before you get an angry mob after you.

ElectricOutcast wrote:
Not gonna lie: I've not played one installment of Professor Layton in my life, so my question is should I play an installment to get an idea of what to expect out of this game?

Sure, if you like puzzles every step of the way as you play. I often hear that the story of the first game isn't as inspirational as its later releases, but it does set a good foundation for how the rest of the games work. The Layton games are split between two trilogies; the first three focus on the present, the next three are prequels set before the first one. Each one is pretty independent of the others, so it doesn't matter in what order you play.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

We are one

Gender: Male

Location: Geneva.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Posts: 167

irishmarcoos wrote:
Quote:
Join two quintessential gentlemen in action on 28th March for an epic adventure - from London to the mysterious city of Labyrinthia


5th February 2014 - Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the world of a legendary academic and puzzle sleuth is set to collide with that of a hot-shot, justice loving attorney from 28th March when Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Whether in the heat of a court case, or out on the streets of London or the mystical medieval city of Labyrinthia, prepare to witness two great minds come face to face with magic, witchcraft, and all manner of contradictions to get to the bottom of!

If you are new to either the Professor Layton or Ace Attorney series, this first crossover adventure for the pair combines the investigative and puzzle-solving game elements of Layton with the intense courtroom-based action of a Phoenix Wright title. Both characters are famed for their quick wits and powers of unearthing the truth, and in this joint outing will need to work together to leave no puzzle or court trial unsolved.

The scene is set in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney when through independent circumstances both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright - with their respective partners Luke Triton and Maya Fey in tow - cross paths in London with a mysterious woman, Espella Cantabella and subsequently find themselves spirited away to Labyrinthia, a world overseen by the shadowy figure of the Storyteller. This literary master of Labyrinthia has a gift for foreseeing the future, and with every prophecy penned is a tale destined to become reality. Aside from dispelling the people of Labyrinthia's suspicions of foreign visitors, once Layton and Wright get acquainted and both remember their calling they must begin unravelling the unusual events of the city and save Espella from being condemned as a witch.

With the two quintessential gentlemen working in tandem, during court trials Phoenix Wright is able to use Hint Coins - a staple of the Professor Layton series - in order to narrow down options when presenting evidence, or provide helpful hints when cross-examining witnesses. After all, in the Witch Trials of Labyrinthia multiple witnesses to a crime can take to the stand, meaning Wright will need to be on guard to press any witness who is looking suspicious when another testimony is being given. Don't be surprised in addition to see Layton stepping up to raise an objection, both on the side of the defence and the prosecution...

For those who finish the main story, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will offer Bonuses including exclusive artwork and music from the game. Make sure that throughout the course of your adventure in London and Labyrinthia you collect as many Picarats as possible - the higher the Picarat score you have at the end of the game, the more content will be unlocked. Once more for fans who complete the main story, free extra content can also be unlocked* gradually, with treats for fans such as twelve short new episodes for the game, and galleries featuring over sixty illustrations with comments from the development team on how they brought the two legendary gentlemen together for this unique adventure.

Two titans of law and order unite on 28th March when Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney launches in six different languages** across Europe for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Get your thinking cap on when facing all-new puzzles from the perspectives of both Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, and witness the law-enforcing pair battle side by side in the courtroom to secure justice and unravel the enigma that is the mysterious medieval city of Labyrinthia.

To catch a glimpse of what lies in store in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, a new teaser trailer can be viewed here.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney will be available to purchase via the Nintendo UK store. Prices will vary between retailers.

* Internet connection required for downloadable content.
** The game will feature voiceover and text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch.


For further details:
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney website: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintend ... 45517.html


Nintendo 3DS Guided Tour: http://guidedtour.nintendo.co.uk

Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK

Nintendo UK on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK

Nintendo of Europe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope

Nintendo UK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendouk

Nintendo UK Store: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/


:holdit:

W-when is there going to be the Portuguese version?
Image
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Gender: Male

Location: H.P.'s Office, Room 1202, Portugal

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Posts: 91

Sportacus wrote:
W-when is there going to be the Portuguese version?


Don't count on one.
ImageImageImage


Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 283

ElectricOutcast wrote:
Not gonna lie: I've not played one installment of Professor Layton in my life, so my question is should I play an installment to get an idea of what to expect out of this game?

You really don't need to. I recommend you play the series, but the puzzles in PL vs AA are pretty easy compared to the rest of the series, so you shouldn't have much trouble.
You'd also understand the plot/investigation sections/puzzles in general if you played any of the Prof. Layton games.
The Professor Layton games are really good and on par with the Ace Attorney series. If you want to play them, I'd search through Amazon or eBay and you can find them used for not too much money.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Nihon(Japan)

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 am

Posts: 894

http://nintendoeverything.com/professor ... nshotsart/

screens

Spoiler:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


background art

Spoiler:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


character art

Spoiler:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14340

Gah I wish I hadn't looked.

While that art is beautiful I was reminded of Phoenix's emotionless objection face.
Well here's hoping the moments are intense without it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Gender: Male

Location: H.P.'s Office, Room 1202, Portugal

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Posts: 91

Loved it. The game sure looks promising. I can't wait for its release. :edgey:
ImageImageImage


Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6172

Pierre wrote:
Gah I wish I hadn't looked.

While that art is beautiful I was reminded of Phoenix's emotionless objection face.
Well here's hoping the moments are intense without it.

I still think they are.

"Grand Grimoire"? Dang, that's cool.

Still, I'm disappointed that we have yet to see Phoenix shouting "WELCOME!" at the top of his lungs.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: EU PLvsPWAA teaser trailer and Press ReleaseTopic%20Title
User avatar

We are one

Gender: Male

Location: Geneva.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Posts: 167

Damarus wrote:
Sportacus wrote:
W-when is there going to be the Portuguese version?


Don't count on one.


.............................................

*takes damage*

Gah! W-what absolute claptrap! Poppycock! Balderdash!
Image
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot?], Yandex [Bot?] and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO