Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 4 of 9[ 337 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Re: New Gyakuten Saiban game revealed in FamitsuTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm thinking the translation will just shorten hi's name to Ryu, it kind of ties in to Phoenix's name because they're both mythical creatures.

I was thinking of something non-Japanese, something like...
Spoiler:
Draco Wright...?

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I'm thinking the translation will just shorten hi's name to Ryu, it kind of ties in to Phoenix's name because they're both mythical creatures.

I was thinking of something non-Japanese, something like...
Spoiler:
Draco Wright...?

I guess that could work.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

I think Takumi needs to realize that he needs to tell the best story possible and not worry about fans

With Ace Attorney Investigations, the team was taking a huge risk with changing the formula and main character. As a way of reassuring fans, they included characters from past games to not alienate anyone. "Don't worry! We have Maggey! And Ema! And Oldbag! And Meekins! And Larry!"

It's a similar problem with Season 5 of Archer. They changed the entire premise of the show and fans were on board. Adam Reed wanted to make sure to not lose touch with his fans, so he just kept recycling jokes from the old seasons and made the characters caricatures.

I could see Takumi doing a similar thing with this and the ancestors, considering it's a radically different plot line (he kind of already did with Apollo Justice, considering every character in the game was just a replacement for a character in the original series). So, Takumi. Don't worry. We trust you. We don't need the fan service. Just do your thing and we'll love it
Thane wrote:
Unless you mean biologically, Trucy is legally Phoenix's daughter.

I meant biologically. If Phoenix and Apollo are biologically related (which I'm seeing as doubtful now), then Phoenix and Trucy actually are related...somehow

Master of sharp things!

Gammalad wrote:
So how it looks now the Ace Attorney series now has 3 branches Shu Takumi working on the new Dai Gyukaten Saiban,Takeshi Yamazaki and the Dual Destinies team working on the main series, and then the team working on Ace Attorney Investigations on the side. Does this sound about right?

As far as we know, there isn't anything related to AAI currently in development as the team behind those games had shifted gears to work on AA5 while Shu Takumi concentrated on PWvsAA.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I think Takumi needs to realize that he needs to tell the best story possible and not worry about fans

With Ace Attorney Investigations, the team was taking a huge risk with changing the formula and main character. As a way of reassuring fans, they included characters from past games to not alienate anyone. "Don't worry! We have Maggey! And Ema! And Oldbag! And Meekins! And Larry!"

It's a similar problem with Season 5 of Archer. They changed the entire premise of the show and fans were on board. Adam Reed wanted to make sure to not lose touch with his fans, so he just kept recycling jokes from the old seasons and made the characters caricatures.

I could see Takumi doing a similar thing with this and the ancestors, considering it's a radically different plot line (he kind of already did with Apollo Justice, considering every character in the game was just a replacement for a character in the original series). So, Takumi. Don't worry. We trust you. We don't need the fan service. Just do your thing and we'll love it

That wasn't Takumi's call in AAI, though. Motohide Eshiro was the producer for that and AA5. If anything Takumi doesn't seem to be the type to just ride the nostalgia train that way. After all, he didn't even want Phoenix in AA4 until he was forced to by executive meddling.

Then again, is it really a bad thing to pander a bit to the fanbase? Having the whole cast's ancestors would be overkill for sure, but a few familiar-ish faces here and there wouldn't be too bad.

Y'know

JesusMonroe wrote:
I meant biologically. If Phoenix and Apollo are biologically related (which I'm seeing as doubtful now), then Phoenix and Trucy actually are related...somehow

Some people shipped Thalassa and Phoenix... Jokes on them, I guess.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
That wasn't Takumi's call in AAI, though. Motohide Eshiro was the producer for that and AA5. If anything Takumi doesn't seem to be the type to just ride the nostalgia train that way. After all, he didn't even want Phoenix in AA4 until he was forced to by executive meddling.

I understand he didn't work on AAI. I didn't say so in my post. I was just making an example of companies appealing to fans (like in Archer)

And Phoenix being in AA4 didn't bother me. It was the fact that Takumi didn't take risks with the new cast and just made them the same characters as the trilogy with the same development

What did he do this time...?

Shu Takumi is not afraid to create a new cast. Look at AA4, aside from Phoenix getting in thanks to Capcom. How many returning characters...? I'd say two - the judge and Payne - mainly because Ema Skye was set up to be a detective in AA4 anyways. And I guess Meekins had a cameo, too.

Ghost Trick had a completely original cast and was fine. This one probably will too, (likely) aside from a similar looking judge.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

irishmarcoos wrote:
If its localised I have a feeling they will keep it Japanese, rather than make it part of a western country's past.
Also, can I say,that looks like an anime cutscene at the bottom of the scan, BONES again perhaps? :-)

I haven't read everything yet so my apologies if it has already come up but I can't see how this one could possibly be passed of as talking place in LA or anywhere else in the US for that matter.

Ibuki wrote:
Here's hoping that this does somehow get localized. I don't know how the localization team are gonna fit this into the canon continuity, considering all the effort that went into making sure the games were set in America and Definitely Not Japanese! Nine Tails Vale is just populated by Japanese immigrants, guys! We're still in America!

But then with the fate of AAI2 and the Dual Destinies digital-only release... of course, I'm definitely not saying it's impossible, but I'm guessing this is going to be tricky to bring to the West at the very least.

If it didn't get localized, I would still buy the Japanese version, except region locking exists. Thanks Nintendo!

One of Phoenix's ancestors immigrated from Japan sometime in the 1900's. Several generations could have passed since then meaning the Phoenix considers himself a full American.

Gardevoir lover

I'm hoping it's the same Judge for no reason at all.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Danchat wrote:
Shu Takumi is not afraid to create a new cast. Look at AA4, aside from Phoenix getting in thanks to Capcom. How many returning characters...? I'd say two - the judge and Payne - mainly because Ema Skye was set up to be a detective in AA4 anyways. And I guess Meekins had a cameo, too.

Ghost Trick had a completely original cast and was fine. This one probably will too, (likely) aside from a similar looking judge.

While it's never been confirmed it very likely that Director Hickfield is the same person as Director Hotti or they are directly related at the very least. Also regarding the comment above it would be awesome if it was the same IMMORTAL judge.

Money / More Money / Most Money

There's a summary of the Famitsu article on tumblr done by Digifreaks!

According to the summary, the new assistant's name is 御琴羽 and their gender is unknown. However, I've heard Japanese fans are suspecting this character being another female assistant since the given name seems to be a more feminine one.

EDIT: Misfire, whoops. I meant to post this in the Dai GS thread in Courthouse Steps. However, this post is still somewhat on-topic in this thread, so...

1000% Knight

Vivi wrote:
There's a summary of the Famitsu article on tumblr done by Digifreaks!

According to the summary, the new assistant's name is 御琴羽 and their gender is unknown. However, I've heard Japanese fans are suspecting this character being another female assistant since the given name seems to be a more feminine one.

EDIT: Misfire, whoops. I meant to post this in the Dai GS thread in Courthouse Steps. However, this post is still somewhat on-topic in this thread, so...

I'm not sure if the AA universe would be able to handle an assistant that isn't a perky teenage girl.

Maybe Apollo tried to be Nick's assistant, causing the universe to collapse, leading them to fusing into one person and getting transported to the Meiji era
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Hm, I searched that name and got almost nothing on the Twittersphere, and it's not in digifreaks' source.

It did, however, turn up here, which appears to be omitting some info to avoid legal trouble:

Quote:
3DS「大逆転裁判 -成歩堂(**)の(**)-」
 (**)発売、(**)円。ニンテンドーダイレクトで話していたとおり小嶋慎太郎プロデューサーと巧舟ディレクターによる最新作。舞台は明治時代で、主 人公は成歩堂龍一の祖先「成歩堂(**)」、助手は「御琴羽(**)」。イメージボードとイラストのみでゲームグラフィックがないような。

Quote:
3DS "Grand Gyakuten Saiban - The XX of Naruhodou XX"

Release date XX, for XX yen. As announced on the Nintendo Direct, the director is Shu Takumi, and the producer is Shintaro Kojima. The setting is the Meiji period, and the protagonist is Phoenix Wright's ancestor, Naruhodou XX. His assistant is 御琴羽 XX. It looks like it's just illustrations and "image boards", no in-game graphics.

(For the record, I doubt there's any actual date or price listed.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

New Generation

Now I can play my dream game of Assassin's Creed and Ace Attorney :P

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bolt Storm wrote:
Hm, I searched that name and got almost nothing on the Twittersphere, and it's not in digifreaks' source.

It did, however, turn up here, which appears to be omitting some info to avoid legal trouble:

Quote:
 (**)発売、(**)円。ニンテンドーダイレクトで話していたとおり小嶋慎太郎プロデューサーと巧舟ディレクターによる最新作。舞台は明治時代で、主 人公は成歩堂龍一の祖先「成歩堂(**)」、助手は「御琴羽(**)」。イメージボードとイラストのみでゲームグラフィックがないような。

Quote:

Release date XX, for XX yen. As announced on the Nintendo Direct, the director is Shu Takumi, and the producer is Shintaro Kojima. The setting is the Meiji period, and the protagonist is Phoenix Wright's ancestor, Naruhodou XX. His assistant is 御琴羽 XX. It looks like it's just illustrations and "image boards", no in-game graphics.

Wouldn't it be silly if that presumably female assistant was meant to be married off to a man named Mitsurugi? I mean, they have the same first kanji...

Haha, it's probably pronounced "Mikotoha"... first name "Jimei"?

Bad Player wrote:
I'm not sure if the AA universe would be able to handle an assistant that isn't a perky teenage girl.

Maybe Apollo tried to be Nick's assistant, causing the universe to collapse, leading them to fusing into one person and getting transported to the Meiji era

...where they would come to change history as we know it and change Californian and Japanese history into Japanifornian history. All part of Takumi's grandmaster plan to rewrite the series...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aw my Edgey-Poo<3

Well it kinda reminds me of both Phoenix and Apollo lol
This guy's name is Naruhodou Ryuunosuke after all
and Ryuunosuke sounds like a combination of Phoenix and Apollo's Japanese name
Naruhodou Ryuuichi and Odoroki Housuke
I am so excited!!
I wish they localize in US too..

(This is my first time writing post!! it's so confusing :meekins: )

I wonder how the new game would be localized if its gonna take place in the Meiji Period. :grey: I feel like it would be impossible to do so but I would hope there would be a way to unless there would be fan translations.

Another reboot...

Smile at Hope in the name of Despair

Ah! I am so happy about the announcement of this game! Mainly because it means that Shu Takumi isn't retconning the current storyline and isn't messing with Dual Destinies' story! Boy am I glad he's not touching the main series!

Now, onto the concept itself... its interesting to say the least! I certainly hope they bring this to the US.

I'm confident the game will have a good storyline. So long as the same mistakes that happened with PLvsAA's story don't repeat here, all will be fine. I respect Shu Takumi, he can write good characters and stories. But he needs to evolve. He needs to learn to write believable and good mysteries. It's kind of apalling that the AAI team is getting better at this with each game, but Takumi doesn't evolve his writing.

In any case, I will never say no to a new Ace Attorney game. Bring it on!
Beyond HOPE... Lies absolute DESPAIR.

Monobear Theater wrote:
Boy am I glad he's not touching the main series!

Yes, lord forbid we'd ever get closure on Phoenix, Apollo, Maya and Trucy and seeing Athena pushed off a cliff.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm not too sure about that bolded bit in the scan, but it seems like Takumi is treating this project like it's his version of GS6. What that means for the future of this series, who knows...?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

They had stepladders back in the Meiji era, right? Then we're all good to go!

QBnoYouko wrote:
They had stepladders back in the Meiji era, right? Then we're all good to go!

Maybe. But I think ladders were more frequently seen.

C-A

迷探偵

If Dai Gyakuten Saiban is following the Japanese naming sequence of Capcom's Ghosts 'n Goblins series, we might also see a Chou Gyakuten Saiban and a Goku Gyakuten Saiban in the future ^^ (And Red Arremer will have to buuuurn for all the suffering he has caused!)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Art Person

Monobear Theater wrote:
Ah! I am so happy about the announcement of this game! Mainly because it means that Shu Takumi isn't retconning the current storyline and isn't messing with Dual Destinies' story! Boy am I glad he's not touching the main series!
Ouch! You got me... :redd-is-white: :gun:
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I much preferred Takumi's writing of the main series over Yamazaki. (Although I did love AAI, especially GK2 which imo had the best storyline by that team, and is my fave behind T&T!) Maybe it was due to me spoiling the game, or the enormous amount of grammatical errors in the game that stopped the flow of the story, but DD just didn't feel the same to me as the others in the main story. It was very entertaining, sure, but when your favourite case is the DLC, it made me think about the story's impression on me.

I wonder what the other characters will look like. Usually AA featured very colorful and funny looking characters, but I think this might not fit the setting. Even Phoenix' ancestor looks more serious with his black clothes.

Everybody will wear black. Because black goes with all kinds of moods.

C-A

Y'know

Bolt Storm wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gee, I wonder what is going to be this Naruhodou's name. =P

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'm really excited for this, but it's sad that it probably won't be localized. If it is, they'd have to just say that the game takes place in Japan. No way around it

And linkenski, it looks like those are Phoenix and Apollo's ancestors. Maybe Blackquill will get one? (I actually doubt it since Simon isn't Takumi's character. Also, it would be lame if every character in this game was an ancestor. I understand using Phoenix to have a connection to past games, but I don't want an ancestor Apollo, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, etc)

True, too many ancestors would just cramp the game, too much head F#$@. But what would be cool is if there were like references to the characters like say for example there was a friend of the main character who was similar to Larry Butz in terms of personality (not similar sprite/model).

Servant of the Goddess of Law

ashxu wrote:
Another reboot...

More of a spin-off or another branch of the series then a reboot.

Gettin' Old!

Gammalad wrote:
ashxu wrote:
Another reboot...

More of a spin-off or another branch of the series then a reboot.

Except Takumi said specifically he wanted it to be like GS6 :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Ace Maverick Hunter wrote:
But what would be cool is if there were like references to the characters like say for example there was a friend of the main character who was similar to Larry Butz in terms of personality (not similar sprite/model).

NO.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

1000% Knight

If they localize it, they'll probably make it take place in Japan, and near the end of the game they'll give Ryuunosuke one line about thinking of moving to America.

I'd actually find it hilarious if they include lots of ancestors, because that means it's not just Ryuunosuke... but everyone's ancestors move to America together xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

This site has the partner's name as Mikotoba Susato (御琴羽寿沙都(みことばすさと)).

Edit: a young girl is a given, of course, but she's also described as a judical assistant. Of course, it's still unconfirmed information.

As for the name, no real ideas at the moment. The first idea that springs in my mind is a reversed Susanoo no Mikoto, but that's probably not it :P
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
a young girl is a given, of course

Some habits seem very hard to break...

State Alchemist

I really like this idea. There are quite a few things that can be done with a 100 years hence prequel.

I'd like to see an expanded history on families like the Feys or the Von Karmas. I'd like to see more of the conflict between the Feys and the Branch family, which we didn't get to see a lot of in JFA and T&T. Although, if there's a case based on that, then it'll be too easy for veterans to figure out the case. Whatevs, I'm sure it would make an interesting story anyways.

If the von Karma family were to come back in this game, then I'd like to see what the standard of perfection was like for them at that time...Maybe we could see the reason why the von Karma's demand for so much perfection. This Von Karma prosecutor would be so inept and so ignorant that he/she'd be a disgrace to the family, then every Von Karma after them would try to right the wrongs they caused.

But other than the Feys and Von Karma's, I don't really want to see any other ancestors in the game.

The King of All

Ash wrote:

Edit: a young girl is a given, of course, but she's also described as a judical assistant. Of course, it's still unconfirmed information.

As for the name, no real ideas at the moment. The first idea that springs in my mind is a reversed Susanoo no Mikoto, but that's probably not it :P

Does it say if there are any screens of her?
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Ash wrote:

God of Sea and Storms eh?

Calling it: she'll have hair that has allusions to waves/wind.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:

*sigh* Why...? Why can't we have a 20+ woman following us around? I was so happy when I had Franziska as my assistant in GK for two cases - okay, one she was 13, but still. Or give us a male assistant. Unless they think it's impossible to have a male hero and a same-sex assistant.

C-A
Page 4 of 9 [ 337 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes