Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 5 of 9[ 337 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: New Gyakuten Saiban game revealed in FamitsuTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Edit: a young girl is a given, of course, but she's also described as a judical assistant. Of course, it's still unconfirmed information.

*sigh* Why...? Why can't we have a 20+ woman following us around? I was so happy when I had Franziska as my assistant in GK for two cases - okay, one she was 13, but still. Or give us a male assistant. Unless they think it's impossible to have a male hero and a same-sex assistant.

C-A

Looking for the Yaoi bait?

I wouldn't say there's anything particularly wrong about having a girl under 20 as an assistant, the age shouldn't matter but what we should hope for is that whoever it is, is more than a carbon copy of Maya.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Edit: a young girl is a given, of course, but she's also described as a judical assistant. Of course, it's still unconfirmed information.

*sigh* Why...? Why can't we have a 20+ woman following us around? I was so happy when I had Franziska as my assistant in GK for two cases - okay, one she was 13, but still. Or give us a male assistant. Unless they think it's impossible to have a male hero and a same-sex assistant.

C-A

I wouldn't say there's anything particularly wrong about having a girl under 20 as an assistant, the age shouldn't matter but what we should hope for is that whoever it is, is more than a carbon copy of Maya.

Guys! You seem to be forgetting the AA formula:
Spoiler: guide to assistants

I have a strong feeling our assistant will be another genki girl, but I'd like to be proven wrong! (Remember, it can also be Mia's ancestor, not just Maya's.)

I don't know whether to cry because I don't know if this game will be released outside of Japan because of the setting and I don't really like the idea or to be happy because there's information about the new game coming out. Maybe it'll still kind of be in the present-future when the current characters find something out about their history… To be honest I think this made me go bipolar.
The Ace Attorney team sure loves time travel. For example, look at the order of the cases in GK, GS5, and even GS3. But watch out… the guy on the right has a sword (…fine, a katana). A couple of prosecutors have been fans of swords. What's more, the guy looks like Apollo. He's probably back for revenge after how Capcom has been treating him. Is he on the prosecution…?

元・超会社員級の管理人

It’s hella small, but Famitsu has put up a preview image of their article. If nothing else, it lets us see the logo and a bit of the setting.

And before people panic - those shots of Phoenix and Edgeworth are pretty clearly from past games, and it looks like they’re part of a “series history” section. No time-travelling attorneys here.

Hopefully we’ll get higher-resolution assets later today.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:

It’s hella small, but Famitsu has put up a preview image of their article. If nothing else, it lets us see the logo and a bit of the setting.

And before people panic - those shots of Phoenix and Edgeworth are pretty clearly from past games, and it looks like they’re part of a “series history” section. No time-travelling attorneys here.

Hopefully we’ll get higher-resolution assets later today.

Any specific details on the setting that is depicted in the image?

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

C-A

No. I just want an assistant next to the hero that I can actually take seriously throughout most of the work. It worked with Franny, she was pretty no-nonesense in Case I-2 and I-4. Of course it doesn't HAVE to result in Yaoi (although you know that every fangirl will ship the same sex hero and assistant then)
Just... not another genki girl whose head I want to shove under water, just so I can have five minutes of quiet and not "bubbly, nonesense funny" talks and comments. "Nick is just an evidence hog" yeah that was very helpful, Maya, how about you tell him about that weird mole on my back, I'm sure that's important to know when someone doesn't care about the evidence I show.

C-A

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I just hope CAPCOM will realize the western fans will want this game too...but then again its CAPCOM

I wouldn't mind a weird attorney and normal assistant

Apollon Flame

I'm with the members that suggested this might be Takumi's take on finally rebooting the series and at the same time pleasing the Capcom execs. I presume we will see the ancestors of a couple of more characters (three, counting Phoenix). Other than that, the entire cast should be entirely new. Here are some thoughts I have:

- Nick's mentor is a forefather of Edgeworth's
- Not seeing it but would be kind of ironic if the von Karma lineage actually started as a "clan" of defense attorneys and Manfred was the one to break that tradition.
- Not seeing this one either, but if Miles' ancestor isn't Wright's mentor, he could be his assistant (or both: the mentor has a son which is Feenie's assistant and both are related to Edgey).
- The theme of this game could either be spirit channeling or something to do with demons.
A King

in name

alone...

While I am excited for this, I can't help but get the feeling like this game is going to be a setup for whatever the next 'modern day' game's setting is going to be.

I am sincerely hoping I'm wrong

WOOHOO!!! New AA game!!! :nick-heart:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
This site has the partner's name as Mikotoba Susato (御琴羽寿沙都(みことばすさと)).

As for the name, no real ideas at the moment. The first idea that springs in my mind is a reversed Susanoo no Mikoto, but that's probably not it :P

I'm sure "Mikotoba" is from 御言葉, since she's a judiciary assistant: "I'll take you at your word". The only thing I'm coming up with "Susato", though, is 素 and 里. Perhaps she comes from a humble hometown? Or maybe I'm way off base here.

...unless her name is a call-out to Tielman Susato. I dunno, she does have 'koto' in her name.

Somehow I imagine their ladder/stepladder conversations leading into her giving him penalties.

Bolt Storm wrote:

・・・・よみません。

I know it's probably not meant to, but it reminds me a little bit of an old American Western town of sorts (though the architecture seems more English than American). Maybe the localization team won't have as much trouble localizing after all.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Ash wrote:

As for the name, no real ideas at the moment. The first idea that springs in my mind is a reversed Susanoo no Mikoto, but that's probably not it :P

I'm sure "Mikotoba" is from 御言葉, since she's a judiciary assistant: "I'll take you at your word". The only thing I'm coming up with "Susato", though, is 素 and 里. Perhaps she comes from a humble hometown? Or maybe I'm way off base here.

...unless her name is a call-out to Tielman Susato. I dunno, she does have 'koto' in her name.

ダメだ、今浮かぶのは、「みごと(な)ばすとさ」だけだ![/probably wrong]
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZAWA ZAWA

Monobear Theater wrote:

I respect Shu Takumi, he can write good characters and stories. But he needs to evolve. He needs to learn to write believable and good mysteries.

Hey, I'm not sure about believable, but he sure as hell can write good mysteries.
And actually about the evolving thing, it actually seems that his work seems to downgrade as the Ace Attorney series went foward. They all were great, but JFA and T&T didn't capture the essence that the first game did. Then after that was of course, AJ. But then he created Ghost Trick which was a masterpiece, seriously. I think the only reason why his work in the series wasn't as good as the first one was because he didn't really want to do the other ones, not because he didn't have good ideas. AA was supposed to be the only game, but it caught on and Capcom was all "Hey, let's make a trilogy!" and Takumi was like "Well... OK."
Same problem with AJ to. He really wanted to do that but then Capcom told him that Phoenix had to have some kind of part of the game and Takumi didn't really want to do that and probably lost some motivation since he didn't get to do what he wanted.
So if he really wants to create this game, it'll come out great (it'll come out great anyway though.)
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

No. I just want an assistant next to the hero that I can actually take seriously throughout most of the work. It worked with Franny, she was pretty no-nonesense in Case I-2 and I-4. Of course it doesn't HAVE to result in Yaoi (although you know that every fangirl will ship the same sex hero and assistant then)
Just... not another genki girl whose head I want to shove under water, just so I can have five minutes of quiet and not "bubbly, nonesense funny" talks and comments. "Nick is just an evidence hog" yeah that was very helpful, Maya, how about you tell him about that weird mole on my back, I'm sure that's important to know when someone doesn't care about the evidence I show.

C-A

I agree. I like all the assitants but it kind of gets annoying when pretty much everyone is a clone of Maya (Pearl is the only one that's sort of the exception) Having an assitant who's at least a little more serious would be refreshing.
In fact a serious assistant and not-so-serious defense attorney would be pretty hilarious, but then the game might not really get anywhere.

Smile at Hope in the name of Despair

Thane wrote:
Monobear Theater wrote:
Boy am I glad he's not touching the main series!

Yes, lord forbid we'd ever get closure on Phoenix, Apollo, Maya and Trucy and seeing Athena pushed off a cliff.

Phoenix's tale has been finished since... AJ, imo. I kinda wish Capcom would drop him and let the other characters take the spotlight. The series' name is Gyakuten Saiban after all :o

Also, who says they won't bring closure to the other characters in the next game? Takumi isn't the only one capable of writing, yknow.

Also, I said this because I hate retcons, especially since I liked DD's story. I would have been so mad if Takumi went all like "lol nope nothing after T&T happened lets forget all those characters and make THE TRUE AND THE ONLY CORRECT TALE"

also i liked Athena :c

I actually would object to the retcon mostly because I have gotten attached to all the post-Takumi characters, including the ones from GK1/2 and I wouldn't be a happy fan if they were retconned

as for the new scan... yes, it is very small but the new setting, from what I can tell, is pretty nice o:
Beyond HOPE... Lies absolute DESPAIR.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Quote:
I kinda wish Capcom would drop him and let the other characters take the spotlight.

That's some controversial talkin' there.

I've run into a lot of angry replies to such a thing.

Personally I'd limit him in a future game to as an advisor role (possibly a partner character and even letting him be the controllable character in an investigation0 and maybe a playable character in a DLC case.

Edgeworth doesn't prosecute anymore as the Chief Prosecutor, might as well apply the same rhetoric to Phoenix.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Here’s our first look at Ryuunosuke’s assistant, Mikotoba Susato! As Ash mentioned, she’s a judicial assistant; according to Takumi, she also loves foreign mystery novels and is a forward-thinking dreamer.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Bolt Storm wrote:

Here’s our first look at Ryuunosuke’s assistant, Mikotoba Susato! As Ash mentioned, she’s a judicial assistant; according to Takumi, she also loves foreign mystery novels and is a forward-thinking dreamer.

Wow, she has a nice design! :-)

Bolt Storm wrote:

マ、マヨイちゃん?やっぱり、巫女の子じゃないか。

...Let her know some English or maybe French. I wanna hear her speak now.

Ash wrote:
Ash wrote:

残念ですね。
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

迷探偵

Heh. Pretty much a standard image of a rich/influential woman in Meiji. Kinda interested (because she likes foreign detective novels. Which means she reads Kuroiwa Ruiko, probably).

Quote:

残念ですね。

Dunno, those clothes kinda hide the figure! :P
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The King of All

Quote:
I know it's probably not meant to, but it reminds me a little bit of an old American Western town of sorts (though the architecture seems more English than American). Maybe the localization team won't have as much trouble localizing after all.

Weird thing I noticed, the town seen looks almost identical to a section of Professor Layton's hometown in Miracle Mask.
The king of all, Sir Duke

A New Chapter of Trials!

Bolt Storm wrote:

This assistant actually sounds like she might be semi-calm for once. He design is nice too. I'm really liking this so far!
Eureka!

Ash wrote:
Heh. Pretty much a standard image of a rich/influential woman in Meiji. Kinda interested (because she likes foreign detective novels. Which means she reads Kuroiwa Ruiko, probably).

Quote:

残念ですね。

Dunno, those clothes kinda hide the figure! :P

Keep hoping, then.

Geez, I can find plenty about the 1920 film adaptation of A Woman in Grey, but I can't find reviews on the original book? I hope the film was pretty faithful to the novel, then.

迷探偵

Geez, I can find plenty about the 1920 film adaptation of A Woman in Grey, but I can't find reviews on the original book? I hope the film was pretty faithful to the novel, then.

The film might be faithful to the book, but I don't think Ruiko's translation was faithful to the original :P Kuroiwa Ruiko's translations were mostly a device to promote his political agenda.

Trivia: ever wondered why the Count of Monte Cristo is called Gankutsuou in Japanese? It's a Ruiko translation.

Oh, and I want to see more of Susuto's speech patterns. I am pretty sure Takumi knows nothing about this, but the language spoken by educated Meiji schoolgirls is actually one of the most interesting, and important parts of research on Japanese language policy and the history of role language in my opinion!

Beauty and grace.

wow, the new assistant looks like she has potential to be a different sort of character. Maya and Trucy were fine, but Kay was fucking pushing it. Also, I don't really consider Athena to be an assistant so much as a new protagonist. The best part about her is that when we play as her, Apollo becomes our assistant so their roles are kinda interchangeable.

Gettin' Old!

Hey look it's not a young girl!

She looks pretty smart sure here's hoping this whole Meiji era thing works out (I keep picturing these characters in AA5's courtroom and it throws me).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Bolt Storm wrote:

She looks very refined and more of a series assistant this time around. I wanna see how she plays out throughout the game.

I like her Okama*

* yes, I am fully aware I am using the wrong word and I am doing it on purpose~

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I like her Okama*

C-A

I take it you approve of the fact she's not a little girl as you feared?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Apollon Flame

Am I the only one that thinks she looks like a splice between all the assistant girls (minus Athena)?
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks she looks like a splice between all the assistant girls (minus Athena)?

Hmm she seems too old and mature for any of them.

Can you justify it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Wow, she looks nice! That design is so attractive, and she does appear more calm than past assistants. (Then again, I'd say the period and setting all but preclude the sort of wackiness we've come to expect from them.)

Scent wrote:

She reminds me most of Trucy, at least in physical appearance (her face specifically).

Totally not my sig...

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:

Hmm she seems too old and mature for any of them.

Can you justify it?

The curls remind me of Pearls, the face looks like a mix between Pearly, Maya and Ema, her "dress" (or however that thing she is wearing is properly called) reminds me of Maya.

Quote:
She reminds me most of Trucy, at least in physical appearance.

Yeah. That too.
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Hmmm I see what you mean now Scent. Then again we shouldn't be so surprised that's the case considering the protagonist is a fusion of Apollo and Phoenix.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What did he do this time...?

I actually sort of like the assistant's design. I was expecting a hyper teenager girl with crazy-shaped and oddly-colored anime hair, but this makes so much more sense.

And could somebody please translate what her description says?
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Hmmm I see what you mean now Scent. Then again we shouldn't be so surprised that's the case considering the protagonist is a fusion of Apollo and Phoenix.

Haha, glad I wasn't the only one.
A King

in name

alone...

Ash wrote:
Trivia: ever wondered why the Count of Monte Cristo is called Gankutsuou in Japanese? It's a Ruiko translation.

...Well, dang.

Quote:
Oh, and I want to see more of Susato's speech patterns. I am pretty sure Takumi knows nothing about this, but the language spoken by educated Meiji schoolgirls is actually one of the most interesting, and important parts of research on Japanese language policy and the history of role language in my opinion!

Even if he doesn't, maybe she'll be so progressive that she'll start talking in multiple languages as well. Cue "what" faces everywhere. She and Athena would get along pretty well if Widget could time travel.

Danchat wrote:
I actually sort of like the assistant's design. I was expecting a hyper teenager girl with crazy-shaped and oddly-colored anime hair, but this makes so much more sense.

And could somebody please translate what her description says?

Bolt already translated Takumi's comments in that box, but the line beside her name goes:
"A lone flower that blooms in the New World."

Her quote says "Master Naruhodou, I will do my best to help out!"

I imagine her as an older Pearl who's fluent in legalese and in some foreign languages. She's probably an oddball among her peers... at least, her male peers.

元・超会社員級の管理人

A little more info from GSfun (hoso_boso):

The article has artwork of the court; while they investigated materials from the time, in the end they wound up basing a lot of it on their own image. It's apparently a bit of a dark atmosphere.

The game's development started when people within Capcom asked Takumi to create a new Ace Attorney game. Takumi wanted to make something different from past games that new players and old alike could enjoy.

The setting was decided on in order to differentiate the game from past GS ones. Originally they considered doing a game based off of civil trials, but it was tough to make mysteries with that, so they decided to change the time period instead. Incidentally, Takumi's not very good at history, so rather than thinking of this as a "historical" game, one should think of it as "the Meiji period of the world of Ace Attorney".

Since there aren't any screens, and going by some of Takumi's comments, it seems the game is still deep in development. No word on when further info will be released.

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
A little more info from GSfun (hoso_boso):

The article has artwork of the court; while they investigated materials from the time, in the end they wound up basing a lot of it on their own image. It's apparently a bit of a dark atmosphere.

The game's development started when people within Capcom asked Takumi to create a new Ace Attorney game. Takumi wanted to make something different from past games that new players and old alike could enjoy.

The setting was decided on in order to differentiate the game from past GS ones. Originally they considered doing a game based off of civil trials, but it was tough to make mysteries with that, so they decided to change the time period instead. Incidentally, Takumi's not very good at history, so rather than thinking of this as a "historical" game, one should think of it as "the Meiji period of the world of Ace Attorney".

Since there aren't any screens, and going by some of Takumi's comments, it seems the game is still deep in development. No word on when further info will be released.

Sucks that the image is very pixalated that you can't see very well how the court looks like :sadshoe:

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I like her Okama*

C-A

I take it you approve of the fact she's not a little girl as you feared?

I don't trust the image alone. She may not look as young as the previous assistants, but that could be an illusion created by the outfit. For all I know, she could be 15 years old.

C-A

Master of sharp things!

Bolt Storm wrote:

Hmm... is it just me, or does it seem that she might actually be a bit older than our new protagonist? She just seems too refined and serious to be a teenage sidekick.
Page 5 of 9 [ 337 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes