Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 56 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Capcom France Twitter: No plans for DGS in the WestTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I guess bad news comes with good more often than we'd like.

Via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/capcom_france/status/638738807010029568

Quote:
KTOUKTOUTENCAPS ‏@ktouktou 11h11 hours ago
@capcom_france Génial ! Mais en ce qui concerne Dai Gyakuten Saiban (dans le passé) vous avez aucune info ?

Capcom France ‏@capcom_france 11h11 hours ago
@ktouktou Malheureusement le titre n'est pas prévu pour sorti en Occident.

Essentially, the rep is replying to a question about DGS with "Unfortunately, there are no plans to release the game in the West."

Of course, this could be a PR rep guessing from their current knowledge, but it doesn't look good. And given the Capcom European Twitter accounts were quick to confirm AA6 this morning, it seems like they're at least somewhat in the AA loop.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Capcom France Twitter: No plans for DGS in the WestTopic%20Title

:sadshoe:

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I want to say its PR being PR but thats just depressing.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

I was going to ask if it was 'no plans to the West' or specifically Europe, but I noticed they did use the word for West in there.

Well, that's a shame. I still have an ounce of hope, but the last time they said there weren't plans to localize a game, they never did.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Gardevoir lover

And then they wonder why their losing money.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

"Eggs?"

It does make you wonder, though, if that Capcom Rep meant specifically no localization for France, or if they meant for Europe, or if they meant everything West of Japan...

There's still some hope, though, for a change of plans or something. At least I think so, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to throw an omnibus at AA6.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I've already posted my displeasure to CAPCOM Unity, but that may fall on deaf ears.

A New Chapter of Trials!

I don't even want to imagine the effort that would be required to fan-translate a 3DS game if it comes down to that. I'm really frustrated because I just kept holding out for good news on this front and I've hear really amazing things about this game. I really hope that this turns out to not be true...
Eureka!

Didn't a Fire Emblem game have a fan translation that was finished before the game even came out in NA?

I'll admit that I don't know much about this stuff. I think if there is a DGS translation, it'll have to be ported to iOS first like Dual Destinies

I'm probably just gonna hope dowolf does a translation

A New Chapter of Trials!

JesusMonroe wrote:
Didn't a Fire Emblem game have a fan translation that was finished before the game even came out in NA?

I'll admit that I don't know much about this stuff. I think if there is a DGS translation, it'll have to be ported to iOS first like Dual Destinies

I'm probably just gonna hope dowolf does a translation

Crush my dreams why don't you. But in all seriousness, I don't think I've heard of a single successful 3DS fantranslation, so a phone port seems pretty likely.
Eureka!

Gardevoir lover

Hopefully they get so much negative response from this that they decide to release it in America anyway, even if it's a horrible translation i'd still play it.

I'm honestly kind of hoping that people flood Capcom's site and twitter with complaints until they decide to do it.
But i doubt it'll happen.

"No plans" doesn't mean "it's not gonna happen." It means "plans haven't been made as of yet." As I pointed out in the AA6 announcement thread, DGS and AA6 underwent development in Japan at the same time, so Capcom had to pick which one should be prioritized in terms of localization. If the localization team had been assigned to DGS, the western release of AA6 would be wayyyy behind Japan's release even if they pulled off a near-simultaneous release of DGS. Of course they would prioritize AA6 so that we can get a near-simultaneous release of that instead like we did with DD. And because AA6 is being prioritized, they're not going to make a final decision on whether to greenlight DGS or not until AA6 is already out.

Its chances still aren't great imo, but I feel like a lot of people are misunderstanding the process behind this sort of thing. Localization is a huge endeavor, it takes a lot of time, and Capcom's localization team(s) almost certainly don't have the resources to tackle two Ace Attorney games at once. Nothing that's been said today makes the prospect of a localized DGS any more grim than it was before, we just have a clearer understanding of why the possibility of a localized DGS hasn't been officially acknowledged yet.

こんにちは

:beef: its going to end up like gyakuten kenji 2

JardW wrote:
"No plans" doesn't mean "it's not gonna happen." It means "plans haven't been made as of yet." As I pointed out in the AA6 announcement thread, DGS and AA6 underwent development in Japan at the same time, so Capcom had to pick which one should be prioritized in terms of localization. If the localization team had been assigned to DGS, the western release of AA6 would be wayyyy behind Japan's release even if they pulled off a near-simultaneous release of DGS. Of course they would prioritize AA6 so that we can get a near-simultaneous release of that instead like we did with DD. And because AA6 is being prioritized, they're not going to make a final decision on whether to greenlight DGS or not until AA6 is already out.

Its chances still aren't great imo, but I feel like a lot of people are misunderstanding the process behind this sort of thing. Localization is a huge endeavor, it takes a lot of time, and Capcom's localization team(s) almost certainly don't have the resources to tackle two Ace Attorney games at once. Nothing that's been said today makes the prospect of a localized DGS any more grim than it was before, we just have a clearer understanding of why the possibility of a localized DGS hasn't been officially acknowledged yet.

I was under the assumption that Takumi's team and Yamazaki's team would be utilizing different localizers?

I don't blame people for thinking that it's not gonna happen considering the AAI2 bad news was almost exactly the same. I'm at least a little happy that Capcom at least said they wouldn't localize it instead of being radio silent :/

JesusMonroe wrote:
I was under the assumption that Takumi's team and Yamazaki's team would be utilizing different localizers?

Where'd you get that assumption, if you don't mind me asking?

I would have thought they would have the same localizers, considering Janet Hsu's team were behind Dual Destinies' localization, and she was involved with DGS' production as well (for the English parts, she's in the credits).
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

The video game boy; the one who wins

"No plans"? Then they better get some plans, and quickly. :yani-fist:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Nnnnhhhh. :sadshoe: (Don't have anything constructive to say. Just felt the need to show my dissatisfaction in some way.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Art Person

Thank heavens regionfour is a thing! I might have to order in DGS then. After seeing gameplay it looks amazing and I really want to play it! (It'll be sad not getting that DLC beta music, art and 3DS themes though...)

Apparently Capcom France has changed it's stance from 'there's no plans to localize DGS' to 'we don't know if there are plans to localize DGS'.

Not to encourage false hopes, but I wonder what that means?

Either they really don't know if there are plans to localize DGS or they don't want a lot of angry fans to flood their e-mail with complaints.

Winter Flag Trademark

luck wrote:
or they don't want a lot of angry fans to flood their e-mail with complaints.

Western Fans Revolt! :D
"Give us our DGS!" and alot more slogans started popping on my imaginations now, while a group of lynch mob of GS/DGS fans marching towards CapCom's offices...

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I'm disappointed in you, Capcom. I've always been the optimist here (well, mostly on reddit). Saying that you guys are just thinking about it. You know we'll buy the game and you'll let us prove it. Or maybe you think we only like Phoenix Wright. I feel like the best thing would be to boycott AA6 when it comes out. It sounds awesome, but... We need to send them a message and apparently they don't listen to the ones we say. The only message they'll hear is sales. Whether they finally realise that they're messing up by not localising their games or hate us even more than they already do I don't know, but... This is wrong... That's all I know. And the miracle never happen (apart from maybe the fan translation).

"Eggs?"

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:

Hey! Cool!

And, uh, guess what?

The guy who asked, Clay Terran (@spaceboyclay)? That was me. Eheh.

Yeah, I posted it on my Tumblr too.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

:sadshoe: *just doesn't know what to say*

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

mujie wrote:
I feel like the best thing would be to boycott AA6 when it comes out.

Personally, I think a boycott is a really bad idea. I have a feeling that if Ace Attorney stops selling in the west, they'll most likely stop localizing any future games...

EDIT: The newest tweet on Capcom France says there's no currently scheduled plans, but they'll get back to us at some point.

So...I guess we're back to the status quo before the twitter thing happened. Still, expect the worst, I suppose. I'm still keeping my hopes up, though!

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
mujie wrote:
I feel like the best thing would be to boycott AA6 when it comes out.

Personally, I think a boycott is a really bad idea. I have a feeling that if Ace Attorney stops selling in the west, they'll most likely stop localizing any future games...

I know. You're probably right as well. They're already looking for a reason to stop Ace Attorney in the West and that would be the perfect opportunity. But we can't just sit back and do nothing. We tried petitions and emails and twitter for GK2. They didn't listen. They won't listen now... But we need to find an explicit way to tell Capcom we're not amused. Bombard their forums, their email, don't take no for an answer. We know they're not gonna localise DGS because this is the exact same stance they took for GK2. We take the fight to them. We don't show respect for them. We tell them to their faces they're wrong. Normally, I would never agree with that, but it might be the only language they listen to... Guerrilla warfare...

We're not at the same point we were before. This is exactly what happened with GK2. They denied a translation and then they said that they had "no plans at the current time". It's exactly the same.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I already made my peace that it wasn't going to happen when a Capcom-Unity admin posted a reply to a request for localization.

This week has been great for jerking around. Nintendo decided to release the smaller New 3DS over here even though they said they wouldn't and then everything Ace Attorney related.

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'm willing to bet after all those changes from Capcom France that at least they don't have a full grasp on the situation. It's certainly a bit of a better situation than before at the very least. (I love how we can't get a straight answer from the Capcom Unity, but their French branch is actually being cooperative. Go figure.)
Eureka!

1000% Knight

Apollon wrote:
I don't even want to imagine the effort that would be required to fan-translate a 3DS game if it comes down to that. I'm really frustrated because I just kept holding out for good news on this front and I've hear really amazing things about this game. I really hope that this turns out to not be true...

I don't think it requires so much extra effort to translate just because it's a 3DS game. I think the issue is ripping/emulation.

JesusMonroe wrote:

Obviously it's possible for DGS to get a iOS port, but I think it has a smaller chance than DD because there is a certain segment of the game that relies on the 3D capabilities.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Well a fan translation IS being worked on

https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-som ... an.393054/

Small victory?

(It won't take as long as AAI2 because it doesn't have the same technical hurdles apparently)

How do I donate to this?

All I can say is, AA6 better be freakin amazing!

Ace Fighter Detective Doctor

Capcom France's Facebook page actually underwent an insane amount of rage complaints 2 years ago because they didn't release Dual Destinies in french (I participated in the assault :karma: )

I am afraid I was expecting something like that, considering how swiftly after the announcement of 6 an immediate confirmation of a western release was made. To me, it looked like they wanted to make some kind of an ammends over not releasing DGS here at all. Would be nice to have hope but it's Capcom we're talking about and knowing how they deal with things, a western release sounds highly unlikely.

It sure was funny when me and my friend were trying to find ways to fix the localization issue that might have popped up (yeah, great localization there guys, wow)

Spoiler:
"so phoenix's great great great grandfather or something was Japanese, who by some uncertain circumstances ended up in England and seeing how everything was going swell, decided to go on a trip to the US but somehow ended up there"

problem solved

I want to believe tho and I will try my best because once, we all tried and got our lovely lawyer into UMVC3 and boy, I still enjoy the game to this day.

Because winning matches is good.
but winning matches with a character who sneezes, slips on banana peels, sends over dogs and espers, screams objection and you yourself has contributed to have him as an available character in the game is priceless. :phoenix:

I know we can try it again so keep on requesting this release! and no, boycott is something that neither would like to do nor support it as an idea...

Gardevoir lover

In hopes of trying to get this game localized i took a page out of the Earthbound fanbase's book and started spamming the Miiverse community with messages saying Bring it to America!

It most likely won't work and will probably get me banned from miiverse for a while but it's all i can think of.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
In hopes of trying to get this game localized i took a page out of the Earthbound fanbase's book and started spamming the Miiverse community with messages saying Bring it to America!

It most likely won't work and will probably get me banned from miiverse for a while but it's all i can think of.

isn't there a possible safe way to do that? a petition of some sorts or collect signatures?

Coronis wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

isn't there a possible safe way to do that? a petition of some sorts or collect signatures?

The petition is here https://www.change.org/p/capcom-localize-dai-gyakuten-saiban?recruiter=86864937&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

It won't work anyway, but it doesn't cost anything to try!

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

The Real Human Being

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Use these hashtags on Twitter:

#LocaliseDGS
#LocalizeDGS (for the American fans, like me)
#GAA4West
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You Spinda right round...

Coronis wrote:
It sure was funny when me and my friend were trying to find ways to fix the localization issue that might have popped up (yeah, great localization there guys, wow)

Spoiler:
"so phoenix's great great great grandfather or something was Japanese, who by some uncertain circumstances ended up in England and seeing how everything was going swell, decided to go on a trip to the US but somehow ended up there"

problem solved

Isn't the lore for the Western AA games that it takes place in an alternate timeline California where it was rebuilt by Japanese immigrants, leading to the Japanese influences? If so, it'd just be that Phoenix' ancestors were part of these immigrants and we'd be done.
Page 1 of 2 [ 56 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes