Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 7[ 263 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 9/3/15 - full scansTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Boy, seems like we can't go a few months without a Famitsu around here these days. Full scans for AA6!

Spoiler: Scans

Adding info to this post as I translate (with an assist from hoso_boso.)

As previously announced/leaked, AA6 takes place in a foreign country which Phoenix visits "for a certain goal." While there, the old Wright luck kicks in and he finds himself wrapped up in a certain case when his tour guide is arrested. Phoenix goes to see the trial, but when he sees there's no defense attorney and the judge is relying on things like an "oracle of spirits" (insert your own Zelda joke here) to hand down a guilty verdict immediately, Phoenix objects and takes the defense's bench.

Character-wise, that tour guide's name is Bokuto Tsuani (boku to tsua- ni -> "On a tour with me"), a young energetic monk-in-training. Once he gets on the topic of tours, he can't stop, but that's not much use for him in the trial. Also appearing is the mysterious, strong-willed woman in the art above; the magazine states she is neither a witness nor a prosecutor nor a judge, but rather a "fourth role" in the courtroom and this game's "key person", like Athena in AA5. (To be very clear: it does not say she's Phoenix's partner, just reuses the "key person" term.)

As for trials themselves, as previously shown, the courtroom has a large “water mirror” which plays a part in a new system they’re keeping under wraps. The magazine also seems to suggest there may be other small changes from the usual courtroom antics. This new system will be playable at TGS 2015. What's more, during the interview Yamazaki explains that in this country, there are prosecutors, but no defense attorneys - the court system relies on a 'certain thing' to work without them.

In the interview, the developers discuss how the game's theme is a "courtroom revolution" and how they felt Phoenix was in a position where he didn't really have anyone who could match up to him in Japan, so that was part of the reason they moved him into the wider world. They also hope that trials in a court where the usual "rules" don't play will help give a sense of urgency to the game that they couldn't get in just a plain Japanese trial.

With regards to the game overall, the developers heard a lot of complaints that AA5 was too easy due to the many hints characters gave, so they're aiming to let the player enable/disable hints on their own, and to avoid direct clues like in AA5. And while development's still fairly early on, they hope to make a game to surpass the previous entries, and to "betray the player's expectations - in a good way!"

And that's about it! We'll see more at TGS.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 9/2/15 - full scansTopic%20Title

New~

Woah. Seems like the place is around Tibet-Bhutan-Nepal-India region. I presume it's around India but the skin complexion seems fitting for Tibet-Bhutan region too.

New judge looks quite different enough(Bye old Udgey.. :larry: )

Though..wow a soldier as a bailiff? Civil war anyone?

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

This looks very, very interesting. The series is definitely going in a direction I never expected. Can't wait! :hotti:

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

So she is going to be a "key person", eh.

The more we get into this, the more I am starting to suspect that she truly is the certain someone we been waiting for, for a good while now.

Woah, it seems a Tibet-like state (Zheng Fa, maybe?)
Still no signs of Maya in the game *sigh*

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New~

Calios wrote:

The more we get into this, the more I am starting to suspect that she truly is the certain someone we been waiting for, for a good while now.
Maya's eye color is brownish. The new girl has green eyes. So i doubt it's her.

Slammer wrote:
Woah, it seems a Tibet-like state (Zheng Fa, maybe?)
Still no sign of Maya in the game *sigh*
I think it's not Zheng Fa, from the looks of it, it seems like a monarchy country. My guts said the girl is the Princess of the country with absolute rule. She's neither a witness/prosecutor/lawyer/judge right? So it's either her as a defendant which i highly doubt, or SOMEONE who has a great authority over the law. That means equal to that of a President or King.

Last edited by D_Albertz on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

That new judge looks GLORIOUS. The courtroom is also gorgeous, and HOLY CRAP it's TOTALLY Tibetan-inspired

D_Albertz wrote:
Calios wrote:

And she doesn't look like Maya, IMO... besides, Maya should be 24/25 years old now, and that girl seems to have 15/16 years

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Bolt Storm wrote:
In the interview, the developers discuss how the game's theme is a "courtroom revolution" and how they felt Phoenix was in a position where he didn't really have anyone who could match up to him in Japan, so that was part of the reason they moved him into the wider world. They also hope that trials in a court where the usual "rules" don't play will help give a sense of urgency to the game that they couldn't get in just a plain Japanese trial.

With regards to the game overall, the developers heard a lot of complaints that AA5 was too easy due to the many hints characters gave, so they're aiming to let the player enable/disable hints on their own, and to avoid direct clues like in AA5. And while development's still fairly early on, they hope to make a game to surpass the previous entries, and to "betray the player's expectations - in a good way!"

This caught my attention. AA6 now has my attention. Can't wait to be betrayed! It's nice to hear that our comments have been heard.

Also, what's up with the new models..? they look like... SPRITES! :maya:

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

New~

Slammer wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:
Calios wrote:

And she doesn't look like Maya, IMO... besides, Maya should be 24/25 years old now, and that girl seems to have 15/16 years
I said this again..I think she is the Princess of the country with absolute monarchy. She's neither a witness/prosecutor/lawyer/judge right? So it's either her as a defendant which i highly doubt, or SOMEONE who has a great authority over the law. That means equal to that of a President or King.

Mia Payne

Slammer wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:
Calios wrote:

She's 19 by the end of T&T, 7 years to AJ, 26, 1 year to DD, 27, and presumably a year later in AA6, would be 28-29

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Calios wrote:

Hahaha, no. She's a completely new character and acts nothing like Maya. If anything, she talks more like Edgeworth. I'd say she'd fit as the primary antagonist. Perhaps she is the town's oracle?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Blizdi wrote:
She's 19 by the end of T&T, 7 years to AJ, 26, 1 year to DD, 27, and presumably a year later in AA6, would be 28-29

That doesn't change the fact that she can't be Maya... she seems too young to me

Last edited by Slammer on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

Neeeat! :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

New~

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Calios wrote:

Hahaha, no. She's a completely new character and acts nothing like Maya. If anything, she talks more like Edgeworth. I'd say she'd fit as the primary antagonist. Perhaps she is the town's oracle?

She definitely looks like someone who have a greater authority over the judge/law itself. It would be great if she is an antagonist..final boss style. Been a while since we got a female final boss(Dahlia).

D_Albertz wrote:
I said this again..I think she is the Princess of the country with absolute monarchy. She's neither a witness/prosecutor/lawyer/judge right? So it's either her as a defendant which i highly doubt, or SOMEONE who has a great authority over the law. That means equal to that of a President or King.

I agree with you! A Princess with absolute power among her people and whose orders are the law... pretty nice indeed!

Last edited by Slammer on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Human Being

I can't read Japanese at all but I swear if one of those symbols doesn't say "oh yeah Maya is totally back in the game guys" My rage will be GALACTIC.

New~

Slammer wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:

I agree with you! A Princess with absolute power among her people and whose orders are the law

Though i fear that if she IS a princess with absolute power, she'll ends up too much like Alba.

D_Albertz wrote:
Calios wrote:

She definitely looks like someone who have a greater authority over the judge/law itself. It would be great if she is an antagonist..final boss style. Been a while since we got a female final boss(Dahlia).

Thinking about it, as you suggested, she could possibly be an oracle-princess. I can see how the royal family of this country would be those with the "strongest spiritual connections".
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

1000% Knight

Bolt Storm wrote:

...wat :lana:

Well, that's what happens when you load up your games with characters like Klavier and Athena. Speaking of which, why do you need someone who can match Phoenix when you have two rookie attorneys (one of whom has beaten Nick in the popularity polls)? Besides, the strength of the prosecutor depends on the strength of the cases, not the prosecutor themselves--Blackquill was way more difficult than Franzy or Klavier. (And yes, Blackquill was also a genius attorney who became a prosecutor when he was 20 or 21, but they didn't focus on that part of his character at all.)

I also have no idea what they're smoking to make them think that trials in a country with a hard 3-day limit and almost a 100% conviction rate don't have a sense of urgency.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

"In the interview, the developers discuss how the game's theme is a "courtroom revolution" "

They didn't learn anything from DD. *facepalm* -- Welcome to Dark Age of Law fiasco 2.0

Also, ripping off Takumi's last 2 games pretty friggin much? I thought the whole idea to have 2 Ace Attorneys was so the DD-team could stick to the good old style. There's nothing bold or original about doing exactly what Takumi was trying to do with DGS. (changing the setting itself) That envelope was already pushed. :ron:

Last addition: Ugh, they kept that awfully washed out fontstyle from DD. I was a fool to think this game wouldn't just become one irritation after the other, just like DD, where the more news I got the more I felt like it wasn't the game I'd wanted and then I played it and it was every bit as bad (and so many finally began admitting to it now, 2 years later, just as with AAI)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Last edited by linkenski on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thinking about it, as you suggested, she could possibly be an oracle-princess. I can see how the royal family of this country would be those with the "strongest spiritual connections".
Since from what we know she comes in like a badass to apparently object to Phoenix's objection, it's seems pretty likely that she's an antagonist, but not a prosecutor, because trials in this country work differently (even if there are prosecutors). But she'll be good in the end. Because they're always good in the end.

And does the bailiff have a freaking AK!? This game is going to get another M-rating.

I'm still shocked by the change of premise.

New~

Eugh if this goes T&T style again i won't like it. But i think she's the main rival of the game. She's neither a prosecutor nor a judge. But her words are powerful enough to turnabout the obviously Not-Guilty defendant into Guilty. So Phoenix will be the one that tried to convince her not too act her own way, and think more of this country instead of her own way. I also predict the country is at Civil war too (Bailiff being a soldier/mercenary?). So this "assumed" princess might also watch her words since being a bit too dictatorial can lead to a revolution OR too soft and can lead to coup d'etat.

luck wrote:
And does the bailiff have a freaking AK!? This game is going to get another M-rating.

Ah ah, yes, it's a freakin' AK! Civil war maybe? Or dictatorship?

Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 9/3/15 - full scansTopic%20Title

The miracle finally happen...

Bolt Storm wrote:
In the interview, the developers discuss how the game's theme is a "courtroom revolution"

But wait wasn't Athena supposed to be a...

Slammer wrote:
luck wrote:

Ah ah, yes, it's a freakin' AK! Civil war maybe? Or dictatorship?

Or Phoenix 'certain goal' is stopping a war in that country. It's a bit far-fetched for a lawyer to do that, no matter how legendary, but Yamazaki really likes going BIG, so who knows.

Need I remind everyone that Phoenix is an Ace Superhero now? There's no stopping him once he's launched.

Edit: But more seriously, weak premise or not, this game is looking pretty good so far. I suspect by "30% finished", the dev team means they're done with the 1st case and are at work on the rest. Could this mean they'll have the game ready to be released by spring/summer next year?

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derper

Need I remind everyone that Phoenix is an Ace Superhero now? There's no stopping him once he's launched.

Being a Law Vampire is a hard life, you know? He gotta seek some challenge to keep himself younger like in Dual Destinies' model change for him.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Programmer

I don't think it's Zeng Fa, that's the land of the phoenix, is it not? This place seems to have a different reoccurring motif. Some sort of butterfly? Now, where have we seen that motif?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

New~

He's already a superhero...i mean come on someone who can beat Dr Doom? :godot:

henke37 wrote:
I don't think it's Zeng Fa, that's the land of the phoenix, is it not? This place seems to have a different reoccurring motif. Some sort of butterfly? Now, where have we seen that motif?

I actually have an idea of my own..Phoenix is actually dead and he wanders in the country, but it is actually the Capital of the Dead Spirits. He tried to go back to living world.

Last edited by D_Albertz on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh, oh, oh. That courtroom looks magnificent. The judge... somehow I feel I should have expected this. Phoenix' nose looks different than in DD.
Quote:

This I like.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Edit: But more seriously, weak premise or not, this game is looking pretty good so far. I suspect by "30% finished", the dev team means they're done with the 1st case and are at work on the rest. Could this mean they'll have the game ready to be released by spring/summer next year?

I can see though on why Phoenix needed to get away from Japan/Japanifornia, considering the whole cast for the series in itself was becoming too bloated for it's own good, even more so if these new characters were to mingle with the previous ones from AA5. In some essence though I feel tremendously bad for both Apollo and Trucy, since they have unresolved issues with their Gramarye heritage and, of course, their mother's whereabouts.

Even if this character were to not be Maya Fey, think she's make her long awaited return in this particular entry? Due to the whole theme of it and all.

Bolt Storm wrote:
With regards to the game overall, the developers heard a lot of complaints that AA5 was too easy due to the many hints characters gave, so they're aiming to let the player enable/disable hints on their own, and to avoid direct clues like in AA5.

After the already confirmed localization that is actually the best news regarding AA6. I mean they learned from AAI1 and made everything better in AAI2, so I hope it's the same for the transition from AA5 (which I already liked much better than AAI1 initially) to AA6.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Wow. :edgey: I am really interested to see what direction this one is going. I am just excited that this series is still going strong almost 15 years later. I cannot contain my excitment!!!!! :edgey: :edgey: :edgey: :edgey:

henke37 wrote:

Now that you mention it, you're right. There are butterfly-like patterns scattered around the town. Still, if we're to consider Zheng Fa as representative of "China", each province could have its own motif. Granted, you would also expect some sort of Phoenix imagery... that doesn't end with "Wright", at least.

This just in: Phoenix has traveled to this Tibetian-like country to seize power and reclaim it in the name of his own.

That said, the scarlet-tipped crane in the screenshot is a key animal motif of China, and the style of the market place is very Chinese. If it's not in Zheng Fa, I wouldn't know where it is.

Edit: Or, maybe I'm getting my birds mixed up, but I have seen Phoenixes of those variety in Chinese texts as well.

Am I the only one who wonders if the "western localization" will be english-only, or multi-language?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Slammer wrote:
Am I the only one who wonders if the "western localization" will be english-only, or multi-language?

I'd say, don't count on it. I'm pretty sure the multi-localization was dropped when Capcom rethought their localization method. DD was being translated as the game was being written as opposed to the rest which were first published in japan and then translated. I think at this point multilingual localization would require a seperate release date between US and european versions, and not 3 months as with japanese vs english but more like 3 months in US and 2 years in EU.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

That said, the scarlet-tipped crane in the screenshot is a key animal motif of China, and the style of the market place is very Chinese. If it's not in Zheng Fa, I wouldn't know where it is.

Maybe a little region up in the mountains that has a controversial relationship with Zheng Fa because they don't want to be a part of it?

luck wrote:

Maybe a little region up in the mountains that has a controversial relationship with Zheng Fa because they don't want to be a part of it?

Like Tibet (this region seems very similar to Tibet) who has a controversial relationship with China (Zheng Fa) because they don't want to be a part of it... this is perfect!

Slammer wrote:
luck wrote:

Like Tibet (this region seems very similar to Tibet) who has a controversial relationship with China (Zheng Fa) because they don't want to be a part of it... this is perfect!

Yeah, well, that's what I was referring to. Welcome to the magic land of Tebit, everybody!
Page 1 of 7 [ 263 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes