Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

2016 in Ace Attorney: OC Contest voting, and the year ahead!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

2015 was a busy year for Ace Attorney, and 2016 looks like it'll only be busier. With that in mind, we wanted to run down what's coming up in 2016 for the series and C-R!

OC CONTEST VOTING

Let's start with wrapping up some 2015 business; after a variety of technical issues which may or may not have involved a particularly ill-tempered orca (they did not, but the truth is boring), OC Contest voting is ready to begin!

As always, there are three categories:
Fanart, for the artistically inclined
Sprites, for all the pixel-lovers out there
Fanfiction, for those who prefer their portraits painted in words

It goes without saying, but we encourage everyone to vote in each category! Due to the delay in getting these opened, as well as the size of the fanart category/time commitment for the fanfic category, we'll be running voting for three full weeks - through January 24th, 2016.

Contact us (courtrecord at gmail dot com) if you have any questions or find any bugs!

Now, on to 2016...

ACE ATTORNEY 6

It's been three years since Phoenix made his return to the courtroom, and now he's setting his sights on the world! The next main Ace Attorney game is slated to release sometime this year for the Nintendo 3DS, and will see Phoenix and Apollo sharing the protagonist role - Phoenix in the mystic kingdom of Kurain, and Apollo in Japanifornia.

While we don't have much in the way of details on when we'll see the game released, we can expect (going by past games) to see a schedule roughly like this:
  • Full marketing beginning in the spring, likely circa April and/or at Jump Festa
  • A summer release in Japan
  • A fall release in the US and Europe

As always, we'll be reporting any news about the game as it arrives.

ACE ATTORNEY: THE ANIME

After years of fan requests, it's finally happening: an anime adaptation of Ace Attorney is scheduled to begin airing in April on Yomiuri TV in Japan! While we unfortunately don't have any details on a Western release at the moment, we'll be covering the show as it airs.

For those who haven't been following the details, the show is being directed by Ayumu Watanabe at A-1 pictures, and stars Yuuki Kaji as Phoenix Wright. The show will primarily be an adaptation of the first two games, with some original content as well, and series creator Shu Takumi is revising the scripts.

15 YEARS OF ACE ATTORNEY

2016 marks the fifteenth anniversary of the series (the first game having released for the GBA way back in October 2001 in Japan), and with that comes celebration! AA6 producer Motohide Eshiro has stated they're planning all sorts of things for the anniversary, so we'll keep an eye out for anything interesting. And as for Takumi, who knows? We might just see another 'adventure' from him by year's end...

Meanwhile, 2016 also marks a different kind of anniversary for the series: in-universe, it's the year Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney begins taking place! For fun, we'll be calling out the important dates as they happen; let's cheer on Phoenix as he takes his first steps into the legal world!

AND... RISING FROM THE ASHES?

Court-Records has been around for a long time - in fact, January 27th marks our ten-year anniversary! In recognition of that - and of fifteen years of the series - we're working on a full overhaul of the site, as well as on getting the missing content filled in. We look forward to sharing more with you all as the year goes on!

Again, a happy new year to everyone. Thank you for reading the site all these years, and for making the Ace Attorney fandom what it is. Onwards and upwards!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: 2016 in Ace Attorney: OC Contest voting, and the year ahTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm most excited about the new overhaul. It's quite impressive how large these forums have grown. I may have only joined back in mid 2012 (been lurking since early that year), gradually getting recognition around these parts, and now I feel proud to be an active member of the community.

Cheers to 2016, Year of the Monkey Phoenix!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

And 2016 is the year that the first game takes place in! Finally xD (though really the game doesn't try to make you pay attention to the year, and I think that was a good decision; they even made mistakes with those year-dates before).

Art Person

I remember talks of an overhaul years ago! This is so exciting! CR's getting an upgrade! :basil:

Programmer

Well, it's been going on and off for years. It's been a rather uneven ride. Especially with our lead admin disappearing. Anyone seen him? Yee wide and yee high? Please do tell us if you see him, we are looking for him.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

ASCEND

Well I've only known this site existed for a month, so the site overhaul isn't really a big deal for me. Still pretty cool though! I'm probably most excited for Ace Attorney 6 this year personally.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Wooh! Though I haven't been here for very long, I'm looking forward to the site overhaul, as well as talking about AA6 and the anime with people on this forum.

A Kirby and AA fan

I've been here for quite a while now... But my activity has been on and off constantly, and I am actually a bit ashamed of that. I feel partly responsible for the community wavering at times.
I am really excited about the website overhaul, though! I feel like it's much needed!

What does "overhaul" mean? Anyway 10 years, wow that's impressive I hope this forum stays alive for many years to come!

A Kirby and AA fan

The4th_Doctor wrote:
What does "overhaul" mean? Anyway 10 years, wow that's impressive I hope this forum stays alive for many years to come!

In this case it means the website gets a completely new design and things that were broken or missing are getting fixed.

Programmer

My goal is to put all the data in a database so that clearer pages can be made and links between items can be maintained easily. There is also a bunch of brand new features. Oh, and if we get time, replace the old, stale, copy (copy means text) on the site with new fresh copy that reflects the progress the games has made.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Looking forward to the overhaul! I'm also looking forward to seeing the outcome of the voting--I'm so nervous!

Overhaul, huh? Fun to look forward to. (And the anniversary is the same day as my husband's birthday)
Though I've left my vote on the two image OCs. Dunno if I can keep my attention high enough to look at the FF entries yet - though I feel I was too harsh on the sprite category.

C-A

The Edgy Attorney

OC voting? Ace Attorney 6? Anime? Overhaul?! :beef:

Stop it, you're gonna give me a heart attack!
The fate of two worlds lies in the hands of three lawyers...

A crossover nobody asked for coming never
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes