Page 2 of 3[ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Trucy and Ema are back in GS6! Famitsu articleTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Is it coming back in court?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

元・超会社員級の管理人

Who knows? Although if not, it'll be funny to see what Nayuta's got up his sleeve to keep Apollo from concentrating. Or maybe Taka just lives in the courthouse full time now.

Anyway, Mimi's full name is Mimi Nanano; she's a rookie magician working with Trucy.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Do I spot Mr. Hat on the second image?

Also it looks like Perceive will be used outside of the courtroom again.

Gardevoir lover

Bolt Storm wrote:
Anyway, Mimi's full name is Mimi Nanano; she's a rookie magician working with Trucy.

Geez even the most minor characters have assistants these days.

Mia Payne

Lusankya wrote:
Do I spot Mr. Hat on the second image?

Also it looks like Perceive will be used outside of the courtroom again.

I prefer it outside the court-room, it has no place in it.

Oh, joy. Maya 2.0 and Maya 3.0 have been confirmed. Why do they not get new outfits? Phoenix got at least a change to his attire, yet Trucy is now - what - close to 18 and still running around in her attire from age 15?

C-A

Mia Payne

CatMuto wrote:
Oh, joy. Maya 2.0 and Maya 3.0 have been confirmed. Why do they not get new outfits? Phoenix got at least a change to his attire, yet Trucy is now - what - close to 18 and still running around in her attire from age 15?

C-A

...?

Wow, you are one of the worst people in this fandom, seriously, can NOTHING positive come out of your mouth?

The Law 'Shark'

Maybe she just has similar clothes because she likes the old look? I don't see a big deal here.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Maya and Ema didn't change much from three years why should Trucy?

Blizdi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

...?

Wow, you are one of the worst people in this fandom, seriously, can NOTHING positive come out of your mouth?

Well, she hates everything about Ace Attorney, so what else should she say? Even in threads about other games she only writes how horrible they are. I wonder if there actually is something in her life she likes?

The Law 'Shark'

Phoenix's outfit change made sense in a narrative sense since this was a brand new chapter for him - there's no real reason for the others to randomly do the same thing.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Mia Payne

Lusankya wrote:
Well, she hates everything about Ace Attorney, so what else should she say? Even in threads about other games she only writes how horrible they are. I wonder if there actually is something in her life she likes?

She likes hating things, apparently.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Probably an excellent time to remind people that this topic is to discuss the news, not take pot-shots at other members. And by remind, I mean those last few posts were heavily out of line and they're stopping, now.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Breakdown

Ema looking hot af. Happy to see her back. Funny, how I started with disliking her characterization in Rise from the Ashes and AAI, but loved her in AJ. I'm feeling that this is definitely going to be more in line with AJ ema.

Call me James

Trucy was expected, and Ema finally becoming what she always wanted is cool. Still want Snackoos and her raging about Klavier, though :yummy:

Very happy about Trucy being relevant this time, unlike Dual Destinies. Also wondering about the detective. Is Ema the detective/Forensic Investigator, or are we getting Ema and the detective for the game as seperate roles?
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Mia Payne

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Trucy was expected, and Ema finally becoming what she always wanted is cool. Still want Snackoos and her raging about Klavier, though :yummy:

Very happy about Trucy being relevant this time, unlike Dual Destinies. Also wondering about the detective. Is Ema the detective/Forensic Investigator, or are we getting Ema and the detective for the game as seperate roles?

Well she is testifying.

What did he do this time...?

I liked this update. Ema's back plus she's actually a forensic analyst and might not be so grumpy. We get Robert Downey Jr. as a witness. And we get more detailed examinations of evidence and crime scenes. Good stuff so far.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Is Ema the detective/Forensic Investigator, or are we getting Ema and the detective for the game as seperate roles?

Based on the screen that shows her testifying in the courtroom it seems like she will be detective + forensic investigator. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

A Kirby and AA fan

Man, I'd have been completely okay with not finding this out until playing the game. But having it in the article title made it hard to avoid :sadshoe:

So...not sure if anyone here will even remember me, since I haven't posted in a few (busy) years. Not that I ever posted much to begin with haha.

Just came back to say I'm so excited about Ema returning! I wasn't sure she'd ever come back, but it's great to see she's finally a forensic scientist. I hope they actually make her happier and give her a decent sized role. I've always loved seeing her character, and having Maya back makes me so hyped for this game. Hope it delivers. :scientific:

Sebastian Stark wrote:
Phoenix's outfit change made sense in a narrative sense since this was a brand new chapter for him - there's no real reason for the others to randomly do the same thing.

Given how the info seems to say Ema became a forensic now, wouldn't it make sense for her outfit to change, too, given that logic? After all, she hated being a detective (I admit, still made no sense why she became one and didn't just retry for the test and just decided to bitch about how her job as a detective sucked) and now that she's what she's wanted to be for over a decade, why not wear something... different? Not too different, maybe, but something that looks more... forensic investigator-ish? I mean, anyone can put a white coat over their clothes and claim to be a forensic/doctor.

Quote:
Well she is testifying.

Going by even a modicum of sense, it's not uncommon for forensics to appear in court. Mostly as expert witnesses, so Ema being there to describe what was found on the body (injury/cause of death; strange items that they might have clutched in their hands; etc) makes perfect sense. Doesn't necessarily mean she'll play the detective role again. Personally, I don't want her as the detective again... I didn't like Ema a whole lot. Why can't AA just give us a female character who is intelligent but not upbeat to the point of bubblyness that annoys people?

Quote:
Man, I'd have been completely okay with not finding this out until playing the game. But having it in the article title made it hard to avoid :sadshoe:

Not to spoil it for you, but you get to play as Phoenix in this game, too. I know, very big twist that should be kept secret until the game's release.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Some of Ema's lines are very suggestive of her role as lead detective, though not confirmed, of course.

Mimi's quote: "I'm the bunny who's come from the land of fairy tales, my name's Mimi!"

The video comparison mechanic looks amazing. We'll get to swerve around in video footage like 3D investigation.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
(I admit, still made no sense why she became one and didn't just retry for the test and just decided to bitch about how her job as a detective sucked)

Because those tests aren't properly spaced out over the year, damn expensive to take and have limited seats, like most qualification tests requiring a degree in some field of science.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

CatMuto wrote:
I didn't like Ema a whole lot. Why can't AA just give us a female character who is intelligent but not upbeat to the point of bubblyness that annoys people?

That was AJ Ema. She was bitter and jaded. She hated Klavier. She complained a lot. I actually liked her a great deal because she came into her own as a character instead of being a Maya fill-in. Now we get both her and Maya? Sign me up.

Hopefully, now that Ema's a forensic investigator and happier, she won't lose all that snark.

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Why can't AA just give us a female character who is intelligent but not upbeat to the point of bubblyness that annoys people?

C-A

I haven't seen much of DGS but i think Susato was like that? At least she was more calm than the other assistants.

Mia Payne

CatMuto wrote:
Sebastian Stark wrote:

Given how the info seems to say Ema became a forensic now, wouldn't it make sense for her outfit to change, too, given that logic? After all, she hated being a detective (I admit, still made no sense why she became one and didn't just retry for the test and just decided to bitch about how her job as a detective sucked) and now that she's what she's wanted to be for over a decade, why not wear something... different? Not too different, maybe, but something that looks more... forensic investigator-ish? I mean, anyone can put a white coat over their clothes and claim to be a forensic/doctor.

The arm band is a real thing that shows people are Forensic investigators in Japan.

So then we have Jesus in Case 1 and Robert Downer Jr. in Case 2. Any bets for the next celebrity witness?

I dunno why, but I really want to see Siddhartha with Jesus. We could get some Saint Young Men in Ace Attorney. I will finally rest in peace.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

luck wrote:
So then we have Jesus in Case 1 and Robert Downer Jr. in Case 2. Any bets for the next celebrity witness?

Possibly Siddhartha Gautama. Seeing as how Nayuta as a Buddhist look (and the fact that he was possibly sitting under what could be another "bodhi tree"), this could happen.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Art Person

I wake up and I see more info! We got Ema and Mimi's artwork! I'm loving this game's art style! I think it's the same guy as DD, but DD's art felt less AA to me. This style works much better and fits into the art done for DGS!

Also, Ema being a forensic scientist doesn't mean she can't stay as detective (I really hope she is though!), but she could be the cameo character, like Klavier was in 5-3.

The cape is self-fluttering

Spoiler: not an actual spoiler, but what the hell I'll cut it anyway
Mimi's the culprit, calling it now.

Ema's quite the beauty!
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I've felt worse.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Also, Ema being a forensic scientist doesn't mean she can't stay as detective (I really hope she is though!), but she could be the cameo character, like Klavier was in 5-3.

Make Ema a pointless cameo once, and you please no one.
Make Ema a pointless cameo twice, and you wonder if they'll ever learn.
Make Ema a pointless cameo three times, I'm sending an angry e-mail to the developers.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Mia Payne

SuperAj3 wrote:
I wake up and I see more info! We got Ema and Mimi's artwork! I'm loving this game's art style! I think it's the same guy as DD, but DD's art felt less AA to me. This style works much better and fits into the art done for DGS!

DGS's art was awful o.O The character designs were more inconsistent than PLvAA

Also, yes, it's done by Takuro Fuse, AAI2 additional character design, and AA:DD's lead character Designer.

CatMuto wrote:
Why can't AA just give us a female character who is intelligent but not upbeat to the point of bubblyness that annoys people?

This seems like a bizarre criticism to me. Like we're talking about the series with Adrian Andrews, Dee Vasquez, Lana Skye, Franziska von Karma, Mia Fey, Morgan Fey, and even like Lisa Basil once you get down to it. Heck, for all of the issues I have with the characters in more recent games, this is one thing even they haven't dropped the ball on, with people like Calisto Yew, Juniper Woods, and Aura Blackquill. And, of course, as mentioned, Ema ultimately herself completely upended this. Of all the series in gaming to accuse of this, I don't think there's another one which actually writes female characters with more authentic breadth and variety.

Anywho, on the topic of the topic, I'm so conflicted. If you'd asked me for one character to come back in a major role it would probably ultimately have been Ema but I'm so worried that they're boiling out all the best parts of her character introduced in AJ:AA just like they did with Apollo. Hell, I was worried about that even before it was announced she definitely got her dream job and all we've seen of her is all smiles and everything. That would be real real frustrating and ultimately probably hurt my opinion of her character on the whole. I'll just hope for the best I suppose. On a more positive note, I continue to love everything about Mimi completely and wholly dang what a good design

OH BOY, 3AM!

nevertalk wrote:

That was AJ Ema. She was bitter and jaded. She hated Klavier. She complained a lot. I actually liked her a great deal because she came into her own as a character instead of being a Maya fill-in. Now we get both her and Maya? Sign me up.

Hopefully, now that Ema's a forensic investigator and happier, she won't lose all that snark.

Couldn't agree with you more.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

A New Chapter of Trials!

I really shouldn't be so proud of a fictional character BUT DANG EMA YOU GOT THE JOB YOU GO GIRL!
Of course I'm hoping for some AJ snark in there too.
Eureka!

Apollon Flame

Jean Descole wrote:

Ema's quite the beauty!

Spoiler:
I actually think Roberty Downey Jr. did it. :basil:

A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

Ema's quite the beauty!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Killing himself would be quite the twist for a 2nd case

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

MH MD wrote:
Scent wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

Ema's quite the beauty!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Killing himself would be quite the twist for a 2nd case

Spoiler:
He's not the victim though, the victim's a completely different guy.

On another note, what time is the AA6 stream gonna be?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

In eight hours from this post.

Page 2 of 3 [ 91 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes