RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Read the latest updates to Court-Records.net
Post Reply
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Bolt Storm »

Image
It's with a heavy heart today that I report that Shu Takumi has let the world know that his beloved Pomeranian Missile passed away this past summer. He was 11.

Following the airing of last night's episode of the Ace Attorney anime, which saw a young Edgeworth meet a very peppy Pomeranian, Takumi tweeted out the following:
Shu Takumi wrote:In last night's episode, there was a Pomeranian who passed the time happily with a boy named Edgeworth... the pomeranian's name wasn't said on-screen, but he just so happens to look like a certain dog at the Takumi residence; a dog that rocketed all over the place just like a Missile.

This past summer, Missile went to eternal rest at the age of 11. I'd shown him off a few times here on Twitter, and all of you loved him so much. I knew I had to tell you all sooner or later, but... Now that he's had one last appearance on the small screen, I thought now might be the time.

He passed away very suddenly, just a few days after I returned from my business trip in America. I believe he was waiting for me to come back before he went... Even now, I can't even think of it without being overwhelmed. Thank you for everything, Missile.

"I'll always always always be with you!"
Besides his latest appearance in the anime, Missile is closely tied to Ace Attorney: he was named after the police dog from the original trilogy. But most players know him from Ghost Trick, where he served as one of the protagonists and captured the world's heart as a top Pomeranian. On the game's third anniversary, Takumi released a song celebrating Missile, and even if it was about the version from the game, it's hard not to think it wasn't about his own faithful friend as well.

Missile is survived by his owner, Takumi, and his two siblings the cats Sankichi and Kinako.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Aster Selene
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am
Custom Title: That one super-uncooperative witness

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Aster Selene »

I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

Either way, RIP Missile, thank you for being a top Pomeranian.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Bolt Storm »

Aster Selene wrote:I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

Either way, RIP Missile, thank you for being a top Pomeranian.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...
I'm not sure about the M, but Missile was 11 when he passed in 2018, so he was born well after the Ace Attorney Missile was written in 2000. But if I've made a mistake and someone has a source, I'm happy to change things.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Aster Selene
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am
Custom Title: That one super-uncooperative witness

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Aster Selene »

Bolt Storm wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

Either way, RIP Missile, thank you for being a top Pomeranian.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...
I'm not sure about the M, but Missile was 11 when he passed in 2018, so he was born well after the Ace Attorney Missile was written in 2000. But if I've made a mistake and someone has a source, I'm happy to change things.
He explained the nomenclature in his tweet introducing Missile and confirming him as the Ghost Trick basis (amusingly it's actually short for Namamissile). You have a point about the dating, though, so I have no idea.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Pierre »

Aw man. I never knew AA Missile was based on a real pup. That's a shame its always awful to lose.a beloved pet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Apollon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:52 am
Custom Title: A New Chapter of Trials!
Location: Eagle Mountain

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Apollon »

Poor Missile... I’ve known about the real-life Missile for quite some time, it is shocking to know he died so suddenly.
Image
Eureka!
Cesar Zero
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Dominican Republic

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Cesar Zero »

Aster Selene wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

Either way, RIP Missile, thank you for being a top Pomeranian.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...
I'm not sure about the M, but Missile was 11 when he passed in 2018, so he was born well after the Ace Attorney Missile was written in 2000. But if I've made a mistake and someone has a source, I'm happy to change things.
He explained the nomenclature in his tweet introducing Missile and confirming him as the Ghost Trick basis (amusingly it's actually short for Namamissile). You have a point about the dating, though, so I have no idea.
If that tweet is saying Ghost Trick Missile is based on him then there's nothing confusing right? The dating only contradicts AA Missile being named after the dog, GT came out after irl Missile was born.


Also :larry: RIP Missile. You'll be remembered as the inspiration for best doggo.
Signature loading, please wait...
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Southern Corn »

RIP Missile :( You were a good boy.
Image
Image
AJtheprogrammer
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am
Custom Title: Lunackt
Location: anywhere.
Contact:

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by AJtheprogrammer »

RIP Missile :(

I may not be a dog lover but I loved Missile.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.
Lone
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am
Location: Japan

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Lone »

RIP, he was a good dog. His legacy shall live on in AA and Ghost Trick forever.
Jean Descole
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm
Custom Title: The cape is self-fluttering
Location: The Bostonius

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Jean Descole »

RIP Missile <3
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava
Image
...NAILED IT
Gyakuten$aiban
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 pm
Custom Title: Athena Internet Defense Force
Location: Florida

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Gyakuten$aiban »

May he live on in all of us.

Image

...

Sorry if this wasn't appropriate...
Image
Jean Descole
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm
Custom Title: The cape is self-fluttering
Location: The Bostonius

Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018

Post by Jean Descole »

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:May he live on in all of us.

Image

...

Sorry if this wasn't appropriate...
I can't think of a more appropriate place for it. :missle:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava
Image
...NAILED IT
Post Reply