Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

RIP Missile, 2007-2018Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's with a heavy heart today that I report that Shu Takumi has let the world know that his beloved Pomeranian Missile passed away this past summer. He was 11.

Following the airing of last night's episode of the Ace Attorney anime, which saw a young Edgeworth meet a very peppy Pomeranian, Takumi tweeted out the following:

Shu Takumi wrote:
In last night's episode, there was a Pomeranian who passed the time happily with a boy named Edgeworth... the pomeranian's name wasn't said on-screen, but he just so happens to look like a certain dog at the Takumi residence; a dog that rocketed all over the place just like a Missile.

This past summer, Missile went to eternal rest at the age of 11. I'd shown him off a few times here on Twitter, and all of you loved him so much. I knew I had to tell you all sooner or later, but... Now that he's had one last appearance on the small screen, I thought now might be the time.

He passed away very suddenly, just a few days after I returned from my business trip in America. I believe he was waiting for me to come back before he went... Even now, I can't even think of it without being overwhelmed. Thank you for everything, Missile.

"I'll always always always be with you!"

Besides his latest appearance in the anime, Missile is closely tied to Ace Attorney: he was named after the police dog from the original trilogy. But most players know him from Ghost Trick, where he served as one of the protagonists and captured the world's heart as a top Pomeranian. On the game's third anniversary, Takumi released a song celebrating Missile, and even if it was about the version from the game, it's hard not to think it wasn't about his own faithful friend as well.

Missile is survived by his owner, Takumi, and his two siblings the cats Sankichi and Kinako.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: RIP Missile, 2007-2018Topic%20Title

That one super-uncooperative witness

I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

Either way, RIP Missile, thank you for being a top Pomeranian.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Aster Selene wrote:
I was under the impression the Ace Attorney dog was actually named after him, not vice versa? Since the real-life one was named after the M on his forehead.

If we see any similarly shaped objects mysteriously swapped around the house, we'll probably know who's responsible for that...

I'm not sure about the M, but Missile was 11 when he passed in 2018, so he was born well after the Ace Attorney Missile was written in 2000. But if I've made a mistake and someone has a source, I'm happy to change things.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

That one super-uncooperative witness

Bolt Storm wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:

I'm not sure about the M, but Missile was 11 when he passed in 2018, so he was born well after the Ace Attorney Missile was written in 2000. But if I've made a mistake and someone has a source, I'm happy to change things.

He explained the nomenclature in his tweet introducing Missile and confirming him as the Ghost Trick basis (amusingly it's actually short for Namamissile). You have a point about the dating, though, so I have no idea.

Gettin' Old!

Aw man. I never knew AA Missile was based on a real pup. That's a shame its always awful to lose.a beloved pet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Poor Missile... I’ve known about the real-life Missile for quite some time, it is shocking to know he died so suddenly.
Eureka!

Aster Selene wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:

He explained the nomenclature in his tweet introducing Missile and confirming him as the Ghost Trick basis (amusingly it's actually short for Namamissile). You have a point about the dating, though, so I have no idea.

If that tweet is saying Ghost Trick Missile is based on him then there's nothing confusing right? The dating only contradicts AA Missile being named after the dog, GT came out after irl Missile was born.

Also :larry: RIP Missile. You'll be remembered as the inspiration for best doggo.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

RIP Missile :( You were a good boy.

Alexander James

RIP Missile :(

I may not be a dog lover but I loved Missile.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

RIP, he was a good dog. His legacy shall live on in AA and Ghost Trick forever.

The cape is self-fluttering

RIP Missile <3
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Athena Internet Defense Force

May he live on in all of us.

Sorry if this wasn't appropriate...

The cape is self-fluttering

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
May he live on in all of us.

Sorry if this wasn't appropriate...

I can't think of a more appropriate place for it. :missle:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes