Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]
 


Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Court Records Copywriting Manager

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:44 am

Posts: 8

With apologies for the inexcusable delay, we'd like to share our support for the Black Lives MatterĀ movement, and give some links where you can support the protests as well (bailproject.org and blacklivesmatter.com to start). Court Records aims to create a space where all of our users can be safe, including and especially users of color and black users. We apologize for any ways we've failed to do that in the past, and promise to do better in the future.

To that end, please let us know if there are things that need to improve.

Thanks,
Court Records Staff
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Father

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3450

>Someone who's not a part of the community making a statement for said community
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ruh-roh!

Gender: Male

Location: Japan

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am

Posts: 157

^She's more making the statement on behalf of the C-R staff, which she's very much a part of.

Thanks for doing this Lumos, even from across the pond, I'll keep hoping for the change needed in America and do what I can do support it.
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14326

Yeah fully support this. My own organisations are releasing similar statements today as well so it's good to see this get so visible even in this tiny corner of the internet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: North America

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Posts: 84

All lives matter.

I live by the rule of treating everyone the way I would want to be treated no matter their skin color.

Signed by a brown person
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

is a five star man.

Gender: Male

Location: Tokyo

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Posts: 117

This is just to say that Lumos is a valued part of the Court Records staff - just because her work is mostly behind the scenes doesn't mean she's not a part of this community. The statement was made and approved by the CR staff, and the fact that it's on the home page should be proof enough of that.

I would also like to state that we have very little tolerance for people making statements to do with anything anti Black-Lives Matter or 'All Lives Matter', the latter of which we do not think it is the right time for.

Thanks.
Image
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

Athena Internet Defense Force

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 pm

Posts: 661

Toatali wrote:
This is just to say that Lumos is a valued part of the Court Records staff - just because her work is mostly behind the scenes doesn't mean she's not a part of this community. The statement was made and approved by the CR staff, and the fact that it's on the home page should be proof enough of that.

I would also like to state that we have very little tolerance for people making statements to do with anything anti Black-Lives Matter or 'All Lives Matter', the latter of which we do not think it is the right time for.

Thanks.


You know, I just want to say it's rather mature in this climate to say "All Lives Matter" isn't inherently toxic. It's gotten a bad rap because of how it's been misused but I really appreciate that you didn't throw the underlying sentiment under the bus because a bunch of sour bigots tried to use it to undermine the issue at hand.

Now, all that said, I wasn't aware this community even had a pulse anymore. I stopped coming here because the last news post is literally approaching a year old...
Image
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Posts: 5

When's the next Ace Attorney game coming out?
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

What's a Court Records?

Gender: Male

Location: Probably Earth

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 am

Posts: 574

riddler1337 wrote:
When's the next Ace Attorney game coming out?


Whenever Capcom decides to announce it. And what does that even have to do with this thread?
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Posts: 5

Rehncohro wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:
When's the next Ace Attorney game coming out?


Whenever Capcom decides to announce it. And what does that even have to do with this thread?


And what does BLM have to do with Ace Attorney?
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4187

riddler1337 wrote:
And what does BLM have to do with Ace Attorney?

Absolutely nothing. We may be an Ace Attorney fansite, but we are under no obligation to talk only about Ace Attorney, as our "Non Phoenix Wright" boards demonstrate.
Image
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Posts: 5

General Luigi wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:
And what does BLM have to do with Ace Attorney?

Absolutely nothing. We may be an Ace Attorney fansite, but we are under no obligation to talk only about Ace Attorney, as our "Non Phoenix Wright" boards demonstrate.


This site should have just stayed quiet and devoid of news if it had nothing to report on.

And General Luigi.

Never stop being you.
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14326

riddler1337 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:
And what does BLM have to do with Ace Attorney?

Absolutely nothing. We may be an Ace Attorney fansite, but we are under no obligation to talk only about Ace Attorney, as our "Non Phoenix Wright" boards demonstrate.


This site should have just stayed quiet and devoid of news if it had nothing to report on.

And General Luigi.

Never stop being you.


Seems a bit mean-spirited. We're not a news site after all, made some good friends here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4187

The staff chose to formally endorse Black Lives Matter and users are within their rights to express their disagreement with our decision so long as they aren't jerks about it. With that in mind, riddler1337's remarks did not strike me as mean-spirited, even if they were blunt. I get where they're coming from with their criticism even if I'm ultimately on board with our endorsement of Black Lives Matter.

An organization that's politically neutral on paper endorsing a particular political movement and/or condemning an opposing movement is something I've admittedly been pondering for a while now and haven't been sure how to put into words, so I'll probably edit this post later; it's a complicated and sensitive topic that deserves to be handled carefully, and if I misword something, it could just make things worse (also, apparently, my browser doesn't think "misword" is a real word).
Image
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO