Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

Court Records Copywriting Manager

With apologies for the inexcusable delay, we'd like to share our support for the Black Lives MatterĀ movement, and give some links where you can support the protests as well (bailproject.org and blacklivesmatter.com to start). Court Records aims to create a space where all of our users can be safe, including and especially users of color and black users. We apologize for any ways we've failed to do that in the past, and promise to do better in the future.

To that end, please let us know if there are things that need to improve.

Thanks,
Court Records Staff
Re: Court Records Supports Black Lives MatterTopic%20Title

The Father

>Someone who's not a part of the community making a statement for said community

Ruh-roh!

^She's more making the statement on behalf of the C-R staff, which she's very much a part of.

Thanks for doing this Lumos, even from across the pond, I'll keep hoping for the change needed in America and do what I can do support it.

Yeah fully support this. My own organisations are releasing similar statements today as well so it's good to see this get so visible even in this tiny corner of the internet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

All lives matter.

I live by the rule of treating everyone the way I would want to be treated no matter their skin color.

Signed by a brown person

is a five star man.

This is just to say that Lumos is a valued part of the Court Records staff - just because her work is mostly behind the scenes doesn't mean she's not a part of this community. The statement was made and approved by the CR staff, and the fact that it's on the home page should be proof enough of that.

I would also like to state that we have very little tolerance for people making statements to do with anything anti Black-Lives Matter or 'All Lives Matter', the latter of which we do not think it is the right time for.

Thanks.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Toatali wrote:
This is just to say that Lumos is a valued part of the Court Records staff - just because her work is mostly behind the scenes doesn't mean she's not a part of this community. The statement was made and approved by the CR staff, and the fact that it's on the home page should be proof enough of that.

I would also like to state that we have very little tolerance for people making statements to do with anything anti Black-Lives Matter or 'All Lives Matter', the latter of which we do not think it is the right time for.

Thanks.

You know, I just want to say it's rather mature in this climate to say "All Lives Matter" isn't inherently toxic. It's gotten a bad rap because of how it's been misused but I really appreciate that you didn't throw the underlying sentiment under the bus because a bunch of sour bigots tried to use it to undermine the issue at hand.

Now, all that said, I wasn't aware this community even had a pulse anymore. I stopped coming here because the last news post is literally approaching a year old...

When's the next Ace Attorney game coming out?

What's a Court Records?

riddler1337 wrote:

Whenever Capcom decides to announce it. And what does that even have to do with this thread?
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Rehncohro wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:

Whenever Capcom decides to announce it. And what does that even have to do with this thread?

And what does BLM have to do with Ace Attorney?

In Justice We Trust

riddler1337 wrote:

Absolutely nothing. We may be an Ace Attorney fansite, but we are under no obligation to talk only about Ace Attorney, as our "Non Phoenix Wright" boards demonstrate.

General Luigi wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:

Absolutely nothing. We may be an Ace Attorney fansite, but we are under no obligation to talk only about Ace Attorney, as our "Non Phoenix Wright" boards demonstrate.

This site should have just stayed quiet and devoid of news if it had nothing to report on.

And General Luigi.

Never stop being you.

riddler1337 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
riddler1337 wrote:

This site should have just stayed quiet and devoid of news if it had nothing to report on.

And General Luigi.

Never stop being you.

Seems a bit mean-spirited. We're not a news site after all, made some good friends here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

The staff chose to formally endorse Black Lives Matter and users are within their rights to express their disagreement with our decision so long as they aren't jerks about it. With that in mind, riddler1337's remarks did not strike me as mean-spirited, even if they were blunt. I get where they're coming from with their criticism even if I'm ultimately on board with our endorsement of Black Lives Matter.

An organization that's politically neutral on paper endorsing a particular political movement and/or condemning an opposing movement is something I've admittedly been pondering for a while now and haven't been sure how to put into words, so I'll probably edit this post later; it's a complicated and sensitive topic that deserves to be handled carefully, and if I misword something, it could just make things worse (also, apparently, my browser doesn't think "misword" is a real word).
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes