Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

New Details about the Great Ace Attorney LocalisationTopic%20Title

is a five star man.

New details about the oft-rumoured localisation of the Great Ace Attorney games emerged at tonights Ace Attorney Orchestra Concert. This includes the name of Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 as "The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve", the name of one of the defendants as Albert Harebrayne and the central new mechanic as "The Dance of Deduction".

An official announcement is expected to come soon.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.
Re: New Details about the Great Ace Attorney LocalisationTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Toatali wrote:
New details about the oft-rumoured localisation of the Great Ace Attorney games emerged at tonights Ace Attorney Orchestra Concert. This includes the name of Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 as "The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve", the name of one of the defendants as Albert Harebrayne and the central new mechanic as "The Dance of Deduction".

An official announcement is expected to come soon.

Resolve is a weak subtitle but I'm happy to hear of stuff like this!

By-the-by, don't suppose there's a chance that concert is going up on youtube anywhere? I love listening to full performances these days while working.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

is a five star man.

Pierre wrote:

By-the-by, don't suppose there's a chance that concert is going up on youtube anywhere? I love listening to full performances these days while working.

I think probably not, at least for a while, since you can still purchase tickets to watch a recording of it.

I'm sure someone will upload a recording of it at some point, however - you might just have to wait for a bit.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

It hasn’t been mentioned but was it confirmed as a single collection (both games on one card) or are they treating it as two separate releases like Famicom Detective Club?

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:

Considering the original is The Resolve Of Naruhodo Ryunosuke, I don't really have any issue with it.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Last edited by Rehncohro on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:

Considering the original is The Resolve Of Naruhodo Ryunosuke, I don't really have any issue with it.[/quote]
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Art Person

All this teasing and nothing official's kinda unfair to us fans @~@
Also IIRC the concert used the name "The Great Ace Attorney" as opposed to the trademarked "Great Ace Attorney Chronicles" when referring to their names, didn't they? Do you think these are more translations rather than officially localised terms/names?

Considering how the new localized names mentioned at the concert all but guarantees an announcement has their been any recent talk about a timeframe outside of the April announcement talk we heard in November? I’m assuming based on how obvious the hints were Capcom isn’t going to wait much longer.

I just blue myself

SuperAj3 wrote:
Also IIRC the concert used the name "The Great Ace Attorney" as opposed to the trademarked "Great Ace Attorney Chronicles" when referring to their names, didn't they? Do you think these are more translations rather than officially localised terms/names?

Maybe yeah - part of me is thinking 'Chronicles' refers to the collection? While each game is 'The Great Ace Attorney' 1 and 2. Talkin out me butt here! :will:
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Defender123 wrote:
It hasn’t been mentioned but was it confirmed as a single collection (both games on one card) or are they treating it as two separate releases like Famicom Detective Club?

It will be a single product, where you can chose either game from the menu screen (or something like that).

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'm pretty sure Capcom is getting a kick out of slowly tormenting us about this announcement by now. I'd absolutely be lying if I said I didn't find it funny. I wonder what event they are planning to announce it at, E3 maybe?
Eureka!

Toatali wrote:
the name of one of the defendants as Albert Harebrayne

Spoiler:
By logical deduction, this high likely seems to be the case 3 defendant Benjamin Dobinbough. Haori Murasame is female and Japanese, which the name "Albert" does not imply. Since Sōseki Natsume is a real person, I highly doubt they're going to be drastically renaming him. Then there's Barok van Zieks, who while I think might be renamed, I don't think he would be named "Albert Harebrayne", as it doesn't really fit him quite nearly as much as it does Benjamin.

"Albert" could be as in "Albert Einstein", the scientist, and "Harebrayne" is hair-brained, as in Dobinbough's inventions.

But we still need to wait for the official announcements to get here.

Aeliren wrote:
Toatali wrote:

Spoiler:
By logical deduction, this high likely seems to be the case 3 defendant Benjamin Dobinbough. Haori Murasame is female and Japanese, which the name "Albert" does not imply. Since Sōseki Natsume is a real person, I highly doubt they're going to be drastically renaming him. Then there's Barok van Zieks, who while I think might be renamed, I don't think he would be named "Albert Harebrayne", as it doesn't really fit him quite nearly as much as it does Benjamin.

"Albert" could be as in "Albert Einstein", the scientist, and "Harebrayne" is hair-brained, as in Dobinbough's inventions.

Spoiler:
in one for tweets Court Records posted during the concert they directly stated that Benjamin Dobinbough was translated as Albert Harebrayne.

Defender123 wrote:
Aeliren wrote:
Toatali wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
in one for tweets Court Records posted during the concert they directly stated that Benjamin Dobinbough was translated as Albert Harebrayne.

Oh.

That's what I get for not keeping up to date.

An interesting thing I found was a YouTube video in which the person creating it suggested that the footage of DGS 2 that was show during the concert was from the new version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ4CLuxB0sc. They brought up that in the footage some of the characters had higher quality textures than both the 3DS and Android versions. They also pointed out that in footage from episode 4 of DGS 2 a character popped in late and that animation error wasn’t present in YouTube footage of the Android and 3DS versions they used for comparison. Finally, they noticed that Janet Hsu was mentioned in the credits but wasn’t sure if that was a general localization credit or was related to work on the DGS games.

Ace Fangirl

I've been staring very hard at Famitsu's website because I expected them to be the first to talk about 'DGS Chronicles', whether it has The Great Ace Attorney included in the article or not. And a little birdy told me that the original plan for announcing Chronicles was 'sometime in April'. Unfortunately, it seems like Famitsu's not reporting on it this week. Hopefully next week...?

Happy Maria

Meowzy wrote:
I've been staring very hard at Famitsu's website because I expected them to be the first to talk about 'DGS Chronicles', whether it has The Great Ace Attorney included in the article or not. And a little birdy told me that the original plan for announcing Chronicles was 'sometime in April'. Unfortunately, it seems like Famitsu's not reporting on it this week. Hopefully next week...?

this only took half an hour to age poorly, I'm honestly impressed

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I was very surprised (but pleased) to see these being localised, just seen a post on Facebook. Amusingly all they did with Sherlock Holmes (which I assumed would be a problem?) was change it to Herlock Sholmes! :D
The main character is Phoenix's ancestor apparently.
Will they be on PC or Switch?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Yes, it'll be on Switch and PC (Steam to be exact) as well as PS4.

Happy Maria

grim_tales wrote:
Hey,
I was very surprised (but pleased) to see these being localised, just seen a post on Facebook. Amusingly all they did with Sherlock Holmes (which I assumed would be a problem?) was change it to Herlock Sholmes! :D
The main character is Phoenix's ancestor apparently.
Will they be on PC or Switch?

It's gonna be on Steam (so PC), Switch and the PS4 I believe.

OBJECTION!

Thank you! :D
Sorry it's been a long time since I posted here :)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Ace Fangirl

Southern Corn wrote:
Meowzy wrote:

this only took half an hour to age poorly, I'm honestly impressed

I'm not gonna lie, I was also very impressed by how exceptionally bad my timing was.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes