Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 6[ 215 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: CASE BY CASE - PLAYING THE COUNTDOWN TO THE FOURTH GAME~Topic%20Title

Ready to RAWK!?

I wonder if I should write mine in the form of Poetry... hmm.......
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.

Justice :D :D

Thought so 1-4 in 1 day is a bit much:P:P

I only play at night.
ImageThank you Elriel for this amazing sig!!

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical
- Blaise Pascal

...Zvarri!

Woohoo, I have made (actually changed it's place) my blog now. Here it is! http://tzibo.wordpress.com/

Sorry for the dull banner but....I didn't have any inspiration to make anything more complex...and I think that the "countdown"-message is complex enough...a cookie for the one who solves it! : O

Sounds great, I'll join in! :keiko:

SilverWind wrote:
I've never worked as a stocking manager, but my experience is related to PW in general-- I'm quite certain with Trials and Tribs that certain game sites online shipped their express packages so that they ARRIVED on the day of release. Some people actually managed to get theirs earlier than the announced date-- so again, there's no harm in being safe rather than sorry~

I don't quite understand. If it's better to be "safe rather than sorry," then the safer alternative would be to set the date to when the general public is expected to receive their copies. Those whole purpose of this idea is to build up enthusiasm, and what a horrible letdown that would be at the very end when you're expecting the nigh impossible of getting the game a day earlier. I too work at a game retail store (Gamestop) and know firsthand as well that you never receive a game before it is shipped. (I mean, it makes sense, no?) I believe your past experience with TnT may not apply in situation, since I'm guessing you based your hypothesis on the Japanese TnT release data. From what I recall, TnT was probably under a "street date" in Japan (meaning stores hold the games until a set date - Apollo is not street dated and can be sold as soon as he's delivered to the stores). Thus, the games were out in backstock across Japan, and online order sites could send out their items since street dates don't apply to them in the same way (the ship date is universal for stores and sites, so some people received their games earlier than others). For Apollo, however, Capcom and all of the online sites are just going to ship the games off on the 19th meaning that unless you live in the warehouse UPS station, you won't receive your game that day.

In particular, I feel partially responsible for some of the TnT disappointment because I'm one of the few that actually knew the correct date of purchase and neglected to publicize it. I really don't want the same tale of heartbreak and woe with Apollo.

In short: Hype is absolutely great! Just set the correct date so that hype doesn't end in a brilliant blast blazing as blue as the backs of a pack of playing cards. [/kristoph]

Mmm, bacon.

Just made this for the event:

The hope that shines through despair.

I'ma do it. Summa my blogs may come on the day after the case is played, but whatev.

An excuse to play Phoenix Wright is always the best type there is. Pending apocalyptic crisis, count me in. :godot:

I'm totally down with this idea. However, I'll have to second/third those who won't be able to do a case a night.

Unofficially, we could always do our own as well, starting a bit early. I would consider today as a good starting date. It would give us ten more days until the regular one finishes, and those of us who have other commitments can still have the same amount of fun. Here is what I'm suggesting:

Jan. 23rd: 1-1
Jan. 24th: 1-2
Jan. 25th: 1-3: Part One
Jan. 26th: 1-3: Part Two
Jan. 27th: 1-4: Part One
Jan. 28th: 1-4: Part Two
Jan. 29th: 1-4: Part Three
Jan. 30th: 1-5: Part One
Jan. 31st: 1-5: Part Two
Feb. 1st: 1-5: Part Three
Feb. 2nd: 2-1
Feb. 3rd: 2-2: Part One
Feb. 4th: 2-2: Part Two
Feb. 5th: 2-3: Part One
Feb. 6th: 2-3: Part Two
Feb. 7th: 2-4: Part One
Feb. 8th: 2-4: Part Two
Feb. 9th: 2-4: Part Three
Feb. 10th: 3-1
Feb. 11th: 3-2: Part One
Feb. 12th: 3-2: Part Two
Feb. 13th: 3-3: Part One
Feb. 14th: 3-3: Part Two
Feb. 15th: 3-4
Feb. 16th: 3-5: Part One
Feb. 17th: 3-5: Part Two
Feb. 18th: 3-5: Part Three

This way, there is absolutely NO pressure anywhere in that schedule. Maybe a bit with 1-2, but hey. Had to cut corners somewhere. This is the schedule I'll probably abide by, as I doubt I'll be able to do a case a day. (I could, but wow, that'd be a lot of time. :) )

What do you think? I hope *someone* appreciates the effort I put in.

ALSO. Since someone mentioned we won't be able to get the game until the 20th for some reason, it does technically give us an extra day. If necessary, you can use it as a catch up day if you get a little behind. I'll probably use the 19th as a day to review the entire series. :radio:

Hobos can be cool...

Hopefully my parents don't hear phoenix yelling objection every night. >_>
Oh yeah my blog !
http://gyakutenwright.wordpress.com/
Quote from Ham3str : "Do not be ashamed of your manhood. Be proud and display your erection for everyone to see. "Behold, I am aroused!" and they will be impressed."

Then we'll see the real you.

I've added everyone who posted a link to their blog on the list over here:
http://community.livejournal.com/gyakut ... 76500.html

Gwiffen wrote:
SilverWind wrote:
I've never worked as a stocking manager, but my experience is related to PW in general-- I'm quite certain with Trials and Tribs that certain game sites online shipped their express packages so that they ARRIVED on the day of release. Some people actually managed to get theirs earlier than the announced date-- so again, there's no harm in being safe rather than sorry~

I don't quite understand. If it's better to be "safe rather than sorry," then the safer alternative would be to set the date to when the general public is expected to receive their copies. Those whole purpose of this idea is to build up enthusiasm, and what a horrible letdown that would be at the very end when you're expecting the nigh impossible of getting the game a day earlier. I too work at a game retail store (Gamestop) and know firsthand as well that you never receive a game before it is shipped. (I mean, it makes sense, no?) I believe your past experience with TnT may not apply in situation, since I'm guessing you based your hypothesis on the Japanese TnT release data. From what I recall, TnT was probably under a "street date" in Japan (meaning stores hold the games until a set date - Apollo is not street dated and can be sold as soon as he's delivered to the stores). Thus, the games were out in backstock across Japan, and online order sites could send out their items since street dates don't apply to them in the same way (the ship date is universal for stores and sites, so some people received their games earlier than others). For Apollo, however, Capcom and all of the online sites are just going to ship the games off on the 19th meaning that unless you live in the warehouse UPS station, you won't receive your game that day.

In particular, I feel partially responsible for some of the TnT disappointment because I'm one of the few that actually knew the correct date of purchase and neglected to publicize it. I really don't want the same tale of heartbreak and woe with Apollo.

In short: Hype is absolutely great! Just set the correct date so that hype doesn't end in a brilliant blast blazing as blue as the backs of a pack of playing cards. [/kristoph]

It's better to be safe than sorry, in that it's better to have a one day gap (and possibly a catch up time for those who are unable to finish blogging 3-5 or any other case in the rather tight schedule), rather than have some people receive GS4, and go "hey, why the heck would I want to keep on blogging/playing through the first three games when the fourth is in my hands right now?"
And the early arrival of the TnT game was regarding on the North American release~
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes,
so that we can find the way back to our path towards a brighter future."

That's fine. In any case, just be sure not to emphasize the 19th too much as the "pickup date" since it most definitely will not be for those of us stopping by our local retailers. The actual date the general populace should be concerned with is the 20th, and I really don't want anyone whining about how they walked into the store on the 19th and couldn't get it. :odoroki:

Ready to RAWK!?

I still count if I post on here, right? I dislike blogging, personally...
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

I like the above idea of an elongated schedule! In fact, I just turned on my game and played through the first case. Oh, Mr Sahwit.

I'm still in between blogs right now, but maybe tomorrow I'll solidify something to review cases 1-1 and 1-2.

Powers and Kyouya fangirl #69

Wrestlemania wrote:

....now I'm thinking of doing mine in the form of haiku. orz :moe-laugh:

But generally, I do get a things after ship date. It was that way with T&T, Phantom Hourglass, G.U. 3..... But then I do get my games from a cute little gamestop in the mall. Part of the reason I reserve is so they get more copies in there for others.

.....Of course, we'll see how much I stick to playing through since I'll have DMC4 pretty soon into it >> (but I also have yet to finish <i>one</i> soooo)

Er, and as I said on the LJ post. I think I'm going to be lazy and use kinkgoeshere :nick:
Why yes, my fandom does has eight year olds who support BDSM

Ready to RAWK!?

RenaDeles wrote:
Wrestlemania wrote:

....now I'm thinking of doing mine in the form of haiku. orz :moe-laugh:

It was really good.
It was really, really good.
It was really good.

Does that count?
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

definitley joiningin

RAWR

blog^^
ImageImage

I finally gave up, as I'm not going to get my blog moved this weekend.

http://3rd-girl.livejournal.com/

I've written about The First Turnabout so far. I'm already behind schedule, even on the lax schedule!

Contradicts the Witness' Testimony

Here's a link to my LJ: http://shiroandfubuki.livejournal.com/. I'll do my blogging and case-reviewing there. :P

Gives me something to do! I'll definately join in. :edgy:

http://xanga.com/Akunen

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Oh man, this sounds awesome! I've been waiting for something like this, a chance to replay all three of my PW games! My T&T is the bilingual version :godot: I couldn't wait for the english release :acro:

And also, I am currently working on a Flash PW fangame, and if anyone out there is good at sprite animations and/or actionscripting, I'd love the help. Let's bring the first GOOD PW fangame to Newgrounds!
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Updated the list of bloggers here~

I'll make a final url list of them here when we're all set to go. XD
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes,

Mmm, bacon.

Wheeeee! My blog is here! http://yugimew.livejournal.com/2092.html

Ah, awesome, I'm in!
Hmm, but I think the original timetable is a bit demanding (Turnabout Goodbyes in one day!? Turnabout Samurai in one day? No chance!)

This is my timetable:

25J: 1-1
26J: 1-2
27J: 1-3 Part 1
28J: 1-3 Part 2
29J: 1-4 Part 1
30J: 1-4 Part 2
31J: 1-5 Part 1
1F: 1-5 Part 2
2F: 1-5 Part 3
3F: 2-1
4F: 2-2 Part 1
5F: 2-2 Part 2
6F: 2-3 Part 1
7F: 2-3 P2
8F: 2-4 P1
9F: 2-4 P2
10F: 3-1
11F: 3-2 Part 1
12F: 3-2 P2
13F: 3-3 P1
14F: 3-3 P2
15F: 3-4
16F: 3-5 P1
17F: 3-5 P2
18F: 3-5 P3
19F: (If there's any need P4, or if not, just look forward to getting home so I can get AJ on the 23rd/24th... Feb :edgy: )

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Hey guys, in response to warmijwilf's last comment, it is true that Turnabout Goodbyes is reaaaaally long, and is difficult to finish in one day. I could probably finish Samurai in one day, but I have a suggestion.

What if we linked cases 1-1 and 1-2 together in one day? That would give an extra day into 1-4, and maybe even some extra time to play through 1-3 a bit steadier.

My Timetable:

Feb 2: 1-1, 1-2
Feb 3: 1-3
Feb 4: 1-4, Part 1
Feb 5: 1-4, Part 2
Feb 6: 1-5, Part 1
Feb 7: 1-5, Part 2
Feb 8: 2-1
Feb 9: 2-2
Feb 10: 2-3
Feb 11: 2-4, Part 1
Feb 12: 2-4, Part 2
Feb 13: 3-1
Feb 14: 3-2
Feb 15: 3-3
Feb 16: 3-4
Feb 17: 3-5, Part 1
Feb 18: 3-5, Part 2
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Hobos can be cool...

Quote:
What if we linked cases 1-1 and 1-2 together in one day? That would give an extra day into 1-4, and maybe even some extra time to play through 1-3 a bit steadier.

That sounds like a prety good idea. Could give me more time to play 3-2( my favorite) :godot: :shoe:
Quote from Ham3str : "Do not be ashamed of your manhood. Be proud and display your erection for everyone to see. "Behold, I am aroused!" and they will be impressed."

nuuuuu, stoooooop

You guys can play the schedule any way you want, but the "official" schedule we've already posted isn't going to change. Sil's already spread it over LJ, and the "case per day" aspect of it is half the point.

We'll be putting up "official" topics for each day, so you're using CR isntead of a personal blog for your thoughts, please wait for those topics to show up, so we don't tons of them.
ImageImage

I'm in. I thought this would be an awesome opportunity to get off my behind and play through each game before AJ comes out.

http://ajcountdown.wordpress.com

What a Day. . .

Ok, here's the blog that I'll be using. My first one, so let me know if something is off.

My Blog

Here's the current list of bloggers~

http://croik.livejournal.com/
http://silverwind9.livejournal.com/
http://maskdemasque.livejournal.com/
http://harmonicstrife.livejournal.com/
http://koriinchan.livejournal.com/
http://rozroz.livejournal.com/
http://anthraxpretzels.livejournal.com/
http://floweryflowers.livejournal.com/
http://sabbato.livejournal.com/
http://-wind-dream-.livejournal.com/
http://ajbod.blogspot.com/
http://emily-justice.livejournal.com/
http://riprosencrantz.livejournal.com/
http://kzi.animeblogger.net/
http://toastyeggs.livejournal.com/
http://tommytonebender.livejournal.com/
http://rainparade.livejournal.com/
http://www.tehktness.blogspot.com/
http://benhuber.wordpress.com/
http://tzibo.wordpress.com/
http://kinkgoeshere.livejournal.com/
http://ezri-dax.livejournal.com/
http://kaitsurinu.livejournal.com/
http://shiroandfubuki.livejournal.com/
http://trin-vs-jesus.livejournal.com/
http://yugimew.livejournal.com/
http://ajcountdown.wordpress.com/
http://rufuslls.wordpress.com/
http://gerkuman.livejournal.com/
http://mullenkamp.livejournal.com/
http://aviekokyre.insanejournal.com/
http://wispyhollow.livejournal.com/
http://weirdweb.livejournal.com/
http://warmijwilf.wordpress.com/
http://nego-aa.blogspot.com/
http://sogekinoshimade.livejournal.com/
http://ragolslayer.wordpress.com/

Actually, I was wrong - I played 1-4 yesterday in about 3 hours - yeah, it's quite possible. Unfortunately though, you have to be constant with it, and know what to press and when to present... Luckily I do, so yeah, I think I can stick to the original timetable, even though I do think it's silly giving The First Turnabout as much time as Turnabout Goodbyes!

:godot: Here's my blog: [redacted]

Count me in too! I'm not sure though how fast I'm able to complete the games as I don't know how much time I'll have, but I'll try my best and blog everyday!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Seeing as how it's possible, I'm going to go through with the CR schedule. I am also going to take the extra step and try to beat all the cases with no errors. Of course it will be very difficult, but I will still go for as many cases I can beat with no mistakes. I cannot blog, but if it's alright, I could post my progress here.

PS: Still looking for a good sprite animator to help me with my PW flash fangame! If you're interested, please, send me a message!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Papermario this isn't the place to pimp for animators.

There will be posts here on CR for people to discuss the cases for those who don't have blogs.
ImageImage

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Sorry guys, I'll move my search to a different forum.

As for posting here, thanks for clearing it up. I cannot blog at the moment and I'd still love to participate in the countdown fun! I'll be posting here about my quest to beat the series flawlessly.

Thanks again guys! If anyone else would like to follow me in my attempt, please, be sure to message me and we can beat it together.

Well, this'll give me an excuse to actually use the journal feature on Livejournal. And to replay AA3.

Count me in too, I guess.

http://ragolslayer.wordpress.com

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Would anyone here like to try and beat the PW trilogy with no errors? We can post here together on this forum.

What is my liiiife?!?

Hey, why not? :)

This is certainly going to be interesting, although some might be done in advance to allow me to get it all done.

Current list of bloggers updated~

http://croik.livejournal.com/
http://silverwind9.livejournal.com/
http://maskdemasque.livejournal.com/
http://harmonicstrife.livejournal.com/
http://koriinchan.livejournal.com/
http://rozroz.livejournal.com/
http://anthraxpretzels.livejournal.com/
http://floweryflowers.livejournal.com/
http://sabbato.livejournal.com/
http://-wind-dream-.livejournal.com/
http://ajbod.blogspot.com/
http://emily-justice.livejournal.com/
http://riprosencrantz.livejournal.com/
http://kzi.animeblogger.net/
http://toastyeggs.livejournal.com/
http://tommytonebender.livejournal.com/
http://rainparade.livejournal.com/
http://www.tehktness.blogspot.com/
http://benhuber.wordpress.com/
http://kinkgoeshere.livejournal.com/
http://ezri-dax.livejournal.com/
http://kaitsurinu.livejournal.com/
http://trin-vs-jesus.livejournal.com/
http://yugimew.livejournal.com/
http://ajcountdown.wordpress.com/
http://rufuslls.wordpress.com/
http://mullenkamp.livejournal.com/
http://aviekokyre.insanejournal.com/
http://wispyhollow.livejournal.com/
http://weirdweb.livejournal.com/
http://warmijwilf.wordpress.com/
http://ragolslayer.wordpress.com/

That's... 41 people?! :O (I can't count right now, I'm tired.)
Page 2 of 6 [ 215 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes