Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

20th Anniversary Is Coming Up...Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

Most of us know by now that Ace Attorney came out on the GBA in 2001 in Japan, so that means next year will be the 20th anniversary of the series. Not only that but we're getting close to the 15th anniversary of the series in the west when it was ported to the DS. Since these events are coming up, I'm certain something will be announced soon. What do you think it will be? Ace Attorney 7 or a spin-off that might never get localized?
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Last edited by Rehncohro on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: 20th Anniversary Is Coming Up...Topic%20Title

I never considered that before. AA7 seems most likely, it's been a while and if all the time has been used to ensure a quality product, then all the more better it is for the 20th anniversary.

Just trying to get by.

Personally, a 'remake' of the first game in 3D would be fun, although seeing as how they've already released the hd trilogy on multiple consoles, I'm not holding my breath for that one.
Now porting ALL of the mainline games onto PC/multiple consoles is basically my 'it won't happen but please let it happen' wish, the idea of having all the games in HD is amazing and would be a perfect way for more people to play the AA games and commemorate the 20th anniversary of the series, although they'll probably announce AA7, even though in my opinion, the series had a decent end with AA6.

What's a Court Records?

I don't think 4-6 coming out on PC and all the consoles is too unlikely at this point. But hey, if AA7 wiil be their anniversary game, that's fine with me.
Why am I even here?

Athena Internet Defense Force

Better question: is this site going to do anything? The last two news posts on the front page came out of nowhere and feel completely unnecessary for a site that otherwise hadn't updated in like a year...

What's a Court Records?

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Better question: is this site going to do anything? The last two news posts on the front page came out of nowhere and feel completely unnecessary for a site that otherwise hadn't updated in like a year...

Sites are free to make announcements/updates on the things they support so I don't really have a problem with the BLM post. As for the one about the leaks, we don't really have any official confirmation yet and that's what CR is waiting on, even if it's highly likely that the leaks are true. When the official announcements are out about the 20th anniversary stuff (DGS compilation and AA7), I imagine they'll say something here.
Why am I even here?

Athena Internet Defense Force

Well it's more than that. Actually using the arrival of the anniversary to spruce up the site. Add more content that's missing, touch up the articles, change the layout, whatever.

Ace Attorney 6 came and went and that felt like the real sign that C-R has become a shell of itself. It's like C-R has accepted that it's now a relic compared to...I dunno, Reddit (actually it's probably Fandom more than anything; I go there for all my Ace Attorney art postings now).

Now of course the Ace Attorney landscape has been pretty quiet so it's not like the site slept on anything big that they didn't run down but an important milestone is better than any to reignite the passion.

Art Person

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Well it's more than that. Actually using the arrival of the anniversary to spruce up the site. Add more content that's missing, touch up the articles, change the layout, whatever.

Ace Attorney 6 came and went and that felt like the real sign that C-R has become a shell of itself. It's like C-R has accepted that it's now a relic compared to...I dunno, Reddit (actually it's probably Fandom more than anything; I go there for all my Ace Attorney art postings now).

Now of course the Ace Attorney landscape has been pretty quiet so it's not like the site slept on anything big that they didn't run down but an important milestone is better than any to reignite the passion.

Yeah I don't think C-R is as zealous in updating info on the site as they used to. They sorta stopped updating the media section in full from GK2 on (like sprite sheets missing, no 3D models, some profiles missing).
Also the beta's been in beta since I think 2013? It'd be cool to see more done with that place.

yeah, i wouldn't count on too much happening on C-R, even when new AA stuff drops :/

What's a Court Records?

I wouldn't get my hopes up on the site being updated. And like SuperAJ3 said, the new layout has been in beta for years now. It's pretty much ignored these days.
Why am I even here?

迷探偵

I find it such a shame the site doesn't seem that hands-on anymore on reporting on all news related to Ace Attorney, even smaller bits of news like new merchandise etc. The news archives here are the best resource available to follow exactly how not only the games, but also related material were released, but that kinda died out about two years ago. Sites like the Ace Attorney Reddit or wikia just don't have the history to even compete with C-R's archives and more comprehensive posts on the details.

Admittedly, I've not been posting news myself here anymore, but that's because I noticed that news in the Court Docket wasn't being moved to Trial Minutes anyway anymore...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

Maybe new priviliges are needed for you then Ash? Your posts and insights from afar were really interesting and I loved the scoops you got.

Deserve the power to make that front page yourself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

The latest news update is about the leaks and the for the most part was saying "take with a grain of salt until there's an official confirmation". To be honest, I find it a bit odd how the fact that DGS1&2 were both removed from mobile stores and the 3DS eShop was never reported here.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

I don't see the removal from the e-shop as much of a big deal, I thought the e-shop had closed doors already in general but I do look forward to an announcement on a DGS localisation :kristoph:

Like let's not get mad at people here, this is a very small part of people's lives and there's not much going on with the AA fandom so I'm not surprised if minor details escape people's notice.

If you want to highlight that as a story worth reporting you could try posting it in the Court Docket yourself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
I don't see the removal from the e-shop as much of a big deal, I thought the e-shop had closed doors already...

Oh, it's definitely strange. The eShop is still up and won't be going down for a while. Don't forget how long the Wii Shop Channel took to close down. While the 3DS isn't receiving any major retail titles anymore, it's still being supported with updates to fix bugs (and likely to mainly patch out homebrew exploits). There wouldn't be any reason to take down the DGS titles and leave the other Ace Attorney titles up. Unless there was something going on with DGS...

It's happened with other games too. For example, DKC: Tropical Freeze was removed from the Wii U eShop after it had a Switch port announced.
Why am I even here?

Hopefully when the next game is announced things will start to pick up.

What's a Court Records?

We have confirmation for Great Ace Attorney Chronicles now, so all that's left is to hope that Ace Attorney 7 is announced sometime this year.

And maybe they'll start development on a 4-6 compilation.
Why am I even here?

I have a reasonably good FFA team

I'm thinking that Phoenix Wright will make it into Smash as the final DLC fighter. There's already a bunch of reasons why he would make a great addition to smash, and the 20th anniversary is one of them. The final DLC may be released around September, which is a month before the 20th anniversary.

What's a Court Records?

wachinga wrote:
I'm thinking that Phoenix Wright will make it into Smash as the final DLC fighter. There's already a bunch of reasons why he would make a great addition to smash, and the 20th anniversary is one of them. The final DLC may be released around September, which is a month before the 20th anniversary.

As amazing as that would be considering the timing, I really do doubt it. Whether he's a fighter or not, I do hope he makes it in one day, but I'm not going to be getting my hopes up at the moment.
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps