Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

Hmm..Topic%20Title

Fierce Deity Link

I have a great idea. In the sequel to AJ we introduce....

prosecutor Maya Fey! Isn't that a great idea? ...But channeling the victim MUST be cheating.
Index finger > Coffee Cup
Re: Hmm..Topic%20Title

No avi/sig ideas, deal with Koharu.

Not sure how that would work, but it's a pretty creative idea.

Also this should go in the GS5 section of the forums I'm pretty sure. EDIT: Nevermind lol
Formerly known as ScentOfFreshLemon

Location: In a world where you watch adventures, but not have them.

Haha prosecutor Maya Fey?! I love it!!
ImageImage

^My two fave things EVER

People have thrown this around...

I don't see it as a logical turn for her character, but we never would have expected Hobo!Phoenix either.

And I'd support the idea if it's the only way Maya will return. But she'd need a motivator to do so. And all I can think of, really, is Phoenix. Something to do with Phoenix, aka Godot II.

The channelling is a convenient way for her to lose all the cases she prosecutes in the game. She picks her defendant for the trial based on her channeling of the victim, and they all lied or were somehow in error :)

I can imagine her shouting Steel Samurai slogans and stuff in court too...

Two more games coming up soon

Maya is the Kurain Master, she doesn't have a law degree, and she doesn't even have any reason to become a prosecutor, so I really don't see how that would work. Also, I think the Fey story has already come to its conclusion in 3-5.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

I'm still waiting for Godot

Location: ROAST BEEF! FISH AND CHIPS! TEA! CAN YOU GUESS WHERE I AM?

Maya has been a defendant twice, I can't see her having many warm feelings towards Prosecutors.
"I think our police are excellent, probably because I have not done anything that has occasioned being beaten up by these good men."

Sir Clement Freud (1924-2009)
RIP

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Ping' wrote:
Maya is the Kurain Master, she doesn't have a law degree, and she doesn't even have any reason to become a prosecutor, so I really don't see how that would work. Also, I think the Fey story has already come to its conclusion in 3-5.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot. (Lind) This.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

i feel pretty

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Ping' wrote:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot. (Lind) This.

Wha... how did I get dragged into this?!

Anyway, I think a better idea would be to have Iris become a prosecutor, and for it to tie in with the reason that Maya/Pearl weren't in the flashback trial. (Although that doesn't necessarily need explaining...)

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
Anyway, I think a better idea would be to have Iris become a prosecutor, and for it to tie in with the reason that Maya/Pearl weren't in the flashback trial. (Although that doesn't necessarily need explaining...)

You're joking, right? That's so OOC. I mean, Iris wouldn't even go to police over Dahlia etc. to save Phoenix or Maya or Terry's life. She's hardly going to take a job convicting criminals.

i feel pretty

icer wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:

You're joking, right? That's so OOC. I mean, Iris wouldn't even go to police over Dahlia etc. to save Phoenix or Maya or Terry's life. She's hardly going to take a job convicting criminals.

Hmmm... this may be a bit hypocritical of me, considering what I said in another thread about Klavier becoming like von Karma, but... we have the entire of 8 years in which anything could happen. And her motives could have nothing to do with prosecuting itself, if you get my meaning...

still I see your point. It is perhaps too OOC.

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Maya joined the prosecutions side because Phoenix stopped picking up her calls and the only way she thought she could see him again was by becoming a prosecutor and meeting in court?
Kinda like Edgeworth and Phoenix in 3-4.
Thought I doubt this would happen

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Haha Maya as a Proscecutor would be awesome. And her first battle should be agaisnt Phoenix about the ladder/step-ladder discussion.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

Hahex wrote:
Maya joined the prosecutions side because Phoenix stopped picking up her calls and the only way she thought she could see him again was by becoming a prosecutor and meeting in court?
Kinda like Edgeworth and Phoenix in 3-4.
Thought I doubt this would happen

I think the best way they can frame it is Godot II.

It seems an unlikely character direction, but if they're going with the 'different' precedent... the only reason I can think of her to do this is Phoenix though. This is also an opportunity to get Phoenix temporarily out of the game. Based on all those demands for 'Phoenix to die' (hey, they seem to have gone lately? Transient fans?) crack plot time. There's a controversial case where Phoenix 'dies'/is murdered, but the body is never found. Maya doesn't believe he's dead, because she can't contact his spirit, and vows to uncover the truth of the case - one Apollo also gets wrapped up in/is connected to - maybe the 'mystery father' is involved.

Maya as prosecutor would be interesting as she could base her accusation on channelling the victims, and in all the cases we play, the victims either lie or are in error over who really killed them. This could make some interesting plot concepts. At the end, Apollo and Maya solve the truth of the case and Phoenix is found to be alive (possibly in a Great Revival entry, although that might be 'taking too much spotlight'.) It's kind of Franziska II, but they always repeat stuff in this series anyway. I don't expect the above to ever happen, of course...

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

I think that idea would work. But I think it's better to use Pearl than Maya imo.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

OBJECTION!

I once read something about Pearls being a Prosecutor, if she becomes one (maybe at disilluionment at Nick losing his badge), I can see her as a good prosecutor but not a badass like Franny or Godot.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Pearl being prosecutor kind of defeats the purpose of having an old cast char become the prosecutor as a new way to include them in the 'new' arc. While Pearl was a semi-major char in GS2/3, it's not exactly necessary for her to recur in the 'new' arc. Maya and Edgeworth, however, were of fundamental importance to Phoenix such that their absence from GS4 was glaring as we'd expect them to be there helping him. Pearl? Well, yeah, it's expected she'd be off wherever [Kurain? School?]

Make like a tree, and GET OUTTA HERE!!!

Maya can't be a prosecutor. GS4 is (obviously) set seven years after GS3, and by GS4, Maya would have already assumed the role as the master of the Kurain Channeling Technique. I reckon it'd be more likely for Pearl to make a reappearance, seeing as she isn't tied down at Kurain Village (being a Branch Family member).
Thanks to Vicki for the best sig I've ever had! Go see her thread and marvel her awesomeness!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR MEGATALLICA, MY UBER FORUM!!!

thorn96 wrote:
Maya can't be a prosecutor. GS4 is (obviously) set seven years after GS3, and by GS4, Maya would have already assumed the role as the master of the Kurain Channeling Technique. I reckon it'd be more likely for Pearl to make a reappearance, seeing as she isn't tied down at Kurain Village (being a Branch Family member).

Why would that stop her being a prosecutor? Misty Fey managed to still be Master whilst doing all that fraternising with Grossberg. She even got her channelling as 'evidence' in court. She only had to dissappear after that failed. If being the Master means some kind of prison sentence in Kurain, why would people even want the position enough to have centuries of murders and infighting to obtain it??? Pearl is less likely to reappear, since there's not really any need for her character in the 'new' arc, she wasn't as closely associated with Phoenix.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Happy Bunny

icer wrote:
thorn96 wrote:

Why would that stop her being a prosecutor? Misty Fey managed to still be Master whilst doing all that fraternising with Grossberg. She even got her channelling as 'evidence' in court. She only had to dissappear after that failed. If being the Master means some kind of prison sentence in Kurain, why would people even want the position enough to have centuries of murders and infighting to obtain it??? Pearl is less likely to reappear, since there's not really any need for her character in the 'new' arc, she wasn't as closely associated with Phoenix.

By that logic Ema wouldn't have returned either (she was only an assistant for one case, Pearl was also a substitute assistant for 2-4 and substituted for a couple of more cases as well...)
And what are you talking about? Pearl was very closely associated with Phoenix. :yuusaku:
~20090804~

icer wrote:
thorn96 wrote:

But if Maya was a prosecutor then she'd have to be spending a lot of time at the police department and prosecutor's office. Which would mean not much time in Kurain, seeing as it's over 2 hours away from the city anyway. Also, the thing with Grossberg was special.
Spoiler:
There had been a murder, and the police had run out of leads. It's not like they'd be resorting to spirit mediums every day, even if Yanni Yogi had been found guilty in the DL-6 case.

And the postition of Kurain Master is the position of absolute power, even if the master's powers are weaker than that of the Branch Family's. Which is why Morgan and several before her would kill each other for the position, because it meant absolute power for the victor.

And of course Pearl is closely associated with Phoenix! She's almost as important as Maya! And she would make a great addition to GS5 in my opinion.
Thanks to Vicki for the best sig I've ever had! Go see her thread and marvel her awesomeness!!!!!

Moo.

Just... No. It won't happen.
Moo.

mahomomo wrote:
By that logic Ema wouldn't have returned either (she was only an assistant for one case, Pearl was also a substitute assistant for 2-4 and substituted for a couple of more cases as well...)
And what are you talking about? Pearl was very closely associated with Phoenix. :yuusaku:

The only problem with that theory is that Ema can actually return without abandoning any responsibilities. By the time AJ came around she probably would have finished her forensics studies overseas and would be returning home to become a forensic scientist... until the trolls in the PD make her a detective. :meekins:

GP32X Hardcore

i think that :maya: would steal the last bit of spotlight that :odoroki: is struggling to hold on to.

Chief Oldbagger

Xian Long wrote:
i think that :maya: would steal the last bit of spotlight that :odoroki: is struggling to hold on to.

Unless Polly grows a backbone, this is true.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

OBJECTION!

Well, he will only grow a backbone if the writers make it so. I think Apollo showed promise, I want to know his story.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Yeah, I agree. I don't want a game like Dementium where the protagonist has no back story. And Apollo is a great character, so why don't Capcom give him the same ammount of influence in the story as Phoenix in GS4? I mean, it isn't about Phoenix anymore!

Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps