Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 2[ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Should we see more of sad Trucy?Topic%20Title

Surf's Up!

Surely if they kill off Thalassa, it would just be a re-tread of Maya in 3-5. So I'd rather they didn't and came up with something traumatic, yet original to cause Trucy to let rip with the waterworks.

OBJECTION!

That's what I'm thinking too NinjaMonkey. Trucy is like Maya in some respects, Maya puts on a happy face to be strong for Pearls but is also quite unhappy.
I hope they come up with something original.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

A beautiful world indeed.

I agree. While some of the extremes that have been mentioned would be going to far. Something happening to Trucy would be great for both her and Apollo's character development (Apollo especially).

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Platinum Skye wrote:
As said in the other thread, sad Trucy is one of the cheapest ways to get more character development out of Trucy.

Fixed for accuracy. The "Wah angst" school of instant-depth character development ruined comics in the 90s.

Also, part of the reason I like Trucy is that she's smart and resourceful instead of being the default victim of the series. She thinks for herself, as seen in the faked abduction and her ability to support both herself and her adoptive father without any help. Making her see murders and be depressed would just make her an unimaginative Maya clone. Maya was cool and all, but Maya is the best Maya, and Trucy would be better as Trucy than Diet Maya.

Dark, ~tragic~ pasts aren't anything special if every character has them.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Rebirth

Icarus wrote:
Platinum Skye wrote:
As said in the other thread, sad Trucy is one of the cheapest ways to get more character development out of Trucy.

Fixed for accuracy. The "Wah angst" school of instant-depth character development ruined comics in the 90s.

Also, part of the reason I like Trucy is that she's smart and resourceful instead of being the default victim of the series. She thinks for herself, as seen in the faked abduction and her ability to support both herself and her adoptive father without any help. Making her see murders and be depressed would just make her an unimaginative Maya clone. Maya was cool and all, but Maya is the best Maya, and Trucy would be better as Trucy than Diet Maya.

If they are varied then I don't see the problem.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Icarus wrote:
Platinum Skye wrote:

Trucy's past is already tragic, there's no need to give her more backstory. I can't speak for everyone of the thread of course, but the "sad" Trucy I want to see isn't her getting depressed over dead bodies. I want to see her confront or at least acknowladge her difficult family situation with seriousness and maybe a little realism. That alone would separate her from Maya, whose MO was always "put on a strong front for Pearl's sake."
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

Platinum Skye wrote:
Icarus wrote:
Platinum Skye wrote:

If they are varied then I don't see the problem.

It is kinda a problem, most of the characters have dark pasts.

Ema, Apollo, Phoenix, Edgeworth, Godot, Mia, Maya, Pearl is a little too young to have much of a dark past but her mother has been jailed already,

It is a bit common you know?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Be Andrew

Quote:

Ema, Apollo, Phoenix, Edgeworth, Godot, Mia, Maya, Pearl is a little too young to have much of a dark past but her mother has been jailed already,

Ya your right it is pretty common but that's what makes it exiting would happy pasts be exiting.

I didn't think so.

Gettin' Old!

Beandrew wrote:
Quote:

Ya your right it is pretty common but that's what makes it exiting would happy pasts be exiting.

I didn't think so.

But Trucy already has a sad past and she's happy.
Plus I'm fine with happy pasts, I'm just struggling to think of one character with a truly happy past...

Lets go for Larry, while a lot of his girlfriends have had problems I'd like to think he had a happy time with his friends as a kid and he was fun when he grew up :garyuu:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Well from the way Oldbag talks, it sounds like her past was happier than her present...!

A past doesn't have to be "sad" or "tragic" to be interesting. But since they've already establishing that Trucy's past IS sad and tragic, it's only natural that they attempt to address it at some point (and not just Phoenix saying, "Btw, my daughter is totally deep, yo").
ImageImage

Wait, pasts? Aren't we talking about what will happen to her in a future game? :yuusaku:

To answer the question - Trucy most definitely needs change and development. However, I'm not sure as to whether or not it should be through trauma. If the developers can have something tragic happen to her without being repetitive, that's fine. If not...well, you can have a need to be strong without actual tragedy.
Thank you to Zinle for the capeless Trucy
Sig by eliska

personality deficient

Trucy's been very self-sufficient, resourceful, and extremely well-adjusted since she was very young. I doubt making her a witness in a murder case, kidnapped, attacked, or whatever will do much more then shake her up temporarily before she'd be raring to go, ready to do what she can to make things right/get out of the bad situation. She's clearly not afraid to take action or react under pressure.

The Thalassa issue looks like the best way to bring up conflict that forces character development without necessitating cheap angst... Abandonment seems to be the only scar she carries and still dwells on, and she/Apollo having to face the shock of having a mother after all, on top of one who also abandoned a child with no explanation as of yet, would be an awesome way to examine her "other side."

Nonono, no sad Trucy, please. Maybe disappointed, maybe lost, but not sad.
But, on second thought... She may perform a magic trick that hurts a person, but that's all.
IMHO, just IMHO.
Well, everything can happen to everyone...
I think so: More evil in beginning = more good in ending
Sig by PandaPrinzessin

Komikero

I agree that Capcom's going to have to address Trucy's past one way or another, but I think it may end up being a cop-out if they just go ahead and suddenly turn her into Angst!Trucy without any buildup. It could work, but only if it happens gradually, like, you see normal Trucy in case 1, then as the game moves along she gets a little sad and then it climaxes during the last case... I dunno. I'm not really good at this stuff.

Guess I'm just saying sudden transformation into an angsty teen isn't that good. It's a little too out-of-character, if you asked me. Like this one fan fiction that I read.

Hope that made sense.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

Audere est facere.

Well, seeing more of her emotions may let us know how she responds to different situations, although her personality is all about being upbeat, happy-go-lucky and a bit childish, but then again, she's already 15 so she has to experience these emotions in order to mature.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

It makes me sad to see Trucy sad D:> But it creates excitment to the game since sometimes, her past is what create the game. Plus, she looks ok. When she's sad, she goes back to her old, happy self ^^ .
Made by me :D
Page 2 of 2 [ 56 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps