Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 4[ 146 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What will the excuse be this time?Topic%20Title

I need an avatar and sig... |:

So... JFA had the memory loss and T&T had the all Mia thingy.
What will be the excuse for a tutorial in AJ2?
Re: What will the excuse be this time?Topic%20Title

PEARLY AND MACHI FTW!

Hmm... good question. Now I wants to know.

Mostly human

and more importantly who will be the other part of the defence team, seeing as the others all had unique ones, non-channeled mia, maggey, Grossberg, kristoph and
Spoiler:
Phoenix
, i seriously doubt it will be Trucy for the first case if its anything like the other games.

I could see this easily happening with a young Kristoph. Maybe adding some backstory?

silverjojo08 wrote:
I could see this easily happening with a young Kristoph. Maybe adding some backstory?

A possibility...but who would be the defendant? It couldn't be Apollo, he'd be too young.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Salutation Here wrote:
silverjojo08 wrote:

A possibility...but who would be the defendant? It couldn't be Apollo, he'd be too young.

Well...it could be Apollo, maybe. Wocky was 19, wasn't he? Maybe Apollo could be at about that age--just before or just after entering law school. It might be too similar to 3-1 or something, but maybe Kristoph's defense could be the reason Apollo went to Gavin Law Offices.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Well if there is a possibility of a new defense attorney for the first case and Payne is ALWAYS in the first case, I'm going to suggest Payne as the tutorial DA. Wanna know why? He's lost so many cases now that the name Rookie Crusher just doesn't fit him anymore. Feeling ashamed, he decides to quit prosecuting and become a defense attorney. I mean, he couldn't possibly do any worse, right? As for his opponent, maybe Klavier. After all, tutorials always have somebody guiding you along, usually a defense aid and since Klavier was pretty much helpful to Apollo in the last game, why not use that again in the new game? C'mon, who doesn't want to see a non-epic battle between Payne and Klavier? lol. Piano.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Mostly human

problem with that theory is that Payne is a fairly competant lawyer, before Mia he was undefeated, and we can see that after doing basically nothing in AA-1 he prosecutes to a much better standard in JFA-1 and the 1st case of apollo justice, I assume he still beats rookies but Phoenix, Mia and Apollo were no ordinary rookies, as it were.
The only way I can think which isn't amnesia is if they do the Phoenix becomes a lawyer again root so needs the 1st case to refresh his lawyer skills (which I really hope doesn't happen as we had enough Phoenix in AJ)

Apollo could just go over it himself.

"(Hm, cross-examination, do I need to go over the method again?)"
"(Now I just need to check to court record for any evidence that contradicts this witness's testimony!)"

But it'd be a lot less epic.

Foolish Fool

I agree with nose, maybe Phoenix re-taking law school (well we can hope) tho they'll properly be un fun and just have a character remind Apollo what to do thought out a mini trail :sadshoe:

@nose: Aww.... I just wanna see Payne as a DA. Let a guy dream, please!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Surf's Up!

How about, Apollo has to defend a client while hungover/nauseus? That'd be fun, surely? :redd:

Super Ace Attorney

Actually, they could get away with having Apollo think "Okay, I havn't done this in a while, maybe I should go over everything again?".
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker

Hate is Bad :(

I like the hungover Apollo idea xDD

Or maybe...Maya decides Pearly would be a better master of Kurain and decides to do the lawyer thing? I think it's plausible...though what that would have to do with Apollo is anyone's guess. OOH CHARLEY DIES AND APOLLO IS ACCUSED SO HE NEEDS A LAWYER!

Whose to say Charlie doesn't want to become a lawyer? Being around for years around all these lawyer people has had to inspire him......... what? They had a parrot as a witness, would a plant as a DA really screw up the AA universe THAT much???
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

...but the parrot could talk! Charley is just too old anyway! I love him, but I think it's time for him to go.

Story writer and music lover.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
How about, Apollo has to defend a client while hungover/nauseus? That'd be fun, surely? :redd:

This.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

eight bit goddess

How about it's a new defense aide, who keeps trying to be helpful by telling Apollo what to do. Only Apollo is all "I know. I've done this before. Shut up."

Mostly human

Well I came up with some more theories, none of them are great though
1. Someone drugs apollo before the trial.
2. Court has to be re-explained due to the Jurist system being put into place.
3. A young lawyer has been told to tag along as I kind of work experience thing, so Apollo shows him how it's done.
4. Payne is absolutely thrashing Apollo in court so he has to go "back to basics" to win.
Ugh, I really hope they can come up with some stuff more original than this.

Boost

nose wrote:
3. A young lawyer has been told to tag along as I kind of work experience thing, so Apollo shows him how it's done.

That one would be great, though.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

How about this for a theory.

While in general, it's best to have a professional defense attorney, and you have a right to one. You're not obligated to use one.

Now, with that in mind, Trucy pulls a Maya and is charged with Murder. Apollo slept in or had to find last minute evidence or something, so he's not around. As much as I want Phoenix to get OUT of Apollo's trilogy (;_; You've got your own Arc, Wright. You don't need to steal someone else's), he can play Defense Aid as he's still bared from Defending.

Trial has to start and Apollo still hasn't shown. Trucy opts to defend herself and pulls apart the detective's testimony. We go to a recess, and Apollo still hasn't shown up. Phoenix offers to go track down Apollo. Go back to court, Trucy is struggling against the next witness, Apollo breaks through the door Franny style with Conclusive Evidence/Witness whatever. Then Apollo gives Payne what he deserves/whatever and Trucy returns to defense Aid.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

carving wooden attorneys

nose wrote:

I forgot about the Jurist system! I could totally see that happen!
My fanart thread: Yukawa's Fanarts My deviantart: arashi-yukawa

Please visit! :edgy:

NinjAngel wrote:
Salutation Here wrote:
silverjojo08 wrote:

Well...it could be Apollo, maybe. Wocky was 19, wasn't he? Maybe Apollo could be at about that age--just before or just after entering law school. It might be too similar to 3-1 or something, but maybe Kristoph's defense could be the reason Apollo went to Gavin Law Offices.

The problem with this is that

Spoiler:
you'd be playing as Kristoph after he ruined Phoenix's career. We don't want that.

PEARLY AND MACHI FTW!

NinjaMonkey wrote:

DO WANT.

Wooster wrote:
How about this for a theory.

While in general, it's best to have a professional defense attorney, and you have a right to one. You're not obligated to use one.

Now, with that in mind, Trucy pulls a Maya and is charged with Murder. Apollo slept in or had to find last minute evidence or something, so he's not around. As much as I want Phoenix to get OUT of Apollo's trilogy (;_; You've got your own Arc, Wright. You don't need to steal someone else's), he can play Defense Aid as he's still bared from Defending.

Trial has to start and Apollo still hasn't shown. Trucy opts to defend herself and pulls apart the detective's testimony. We go to a recess, and Apollo still hasn't shown up. Phoenix offers to go track down Apollo. Go back to court, Trucy is struggling against the next witness, Apollo breaks through the door Franny style with Conclusive Evidence/Witness whatever. Then Apollo gives Payne what he deserves/whatever and Trucy returns to defense Aid.

O:

Bronze Samurai

How about the amnesia thing becomes a game-long problem? He loses his memory in the first case after learning about some crime, and the trial for that crime is the last case?
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

Rookie

Wooster wrote:

And then Nick gives Polly a resounding smack upside the head for leaving Trucy to fend for herself in a court of law. :P

Hangover idea is made of win.
Avvie image by Sklarvv.

I can't really imagine Apollo getting drunk. Nauseous might be good, though. We know he doesn't deal with heights very well...but I don't know how that could be used.

Foolish Fool

maybe Apollo sits in the cursed defendants lobby sofa and the Judge painting falls on his head...or Phoenix hits him with the fire extinguisher because he knows how the game goes :hobohodo:
!Topic%20Title

TheeGoblin wrote:
maybe Apollo sits in the cursed defendants lobby sofa and the Judge painting falls on his head...or Phoenix hits him with the fire extinguisher because he knows how the game goes :hobohodo:

HAHAHAHA! Great ideas! I can just imagine it:

(In defendant lobby)
:odoroki: : Yep, I think I've just about got this case figured out. Thank goodness! Normally when I go into court I initially have no clue what really happened!

(Meanwhile)
:hobohodo: : Trucy, I can't let this go ahead! Otherwise people new to the games will have no clue what to do!

:minuki: : Games? What games Daddy?

:hobohodo: : NOTHING! Forgot I mentioned anything! Uh...anyway, something must be done! Apollo's not had to suffer enough yet! During my first year as a lawyer I was punched, hit with a toupee, nearly killed by Mafia guys and tazered! Plus, I went up against two undefeated prosecutors! ...And Payne! Not to mention they were both ruthless perfectionists willing to do anything to win!...And Payne! I must correct this! (Leaves)

(Defendant lobby)

:odoroki: : Oh, hey Mr. Wright. What's that behind your back?

:hobohodo: : N-nothing. ...Oooh look, a tube of hair gel!

:odoroki: : WHERE!? *Smash*

:hobohodo: : FIXED.

I need an avatar and sig... |:

^ WINZ THE INTERNETZ.

Mexican Attorney

nose wrote:

Great Ideas, but I could add some other good ideas...
5- Many time has pased since the last trial in AJ and Apollo has to remember the basics...

Some Examples:
Quote:
*Payne Submits Evidence*
Apollo: Payne has submited some evidence, I should read it in the Court Records

Quote:
Apollo: Is time for the Cross-Examination, well, is time to find a contradiction and Present evidence that proves it, if i can't find it I just have to Press the Witness

Quote:
*Apollo's Bracelet reacts*
Apollo: My Bracelet is reacting, he/she must be hiding something
*Perceive System started*
Apollo: Ok, I have to find a strange behavior in this guy, when the poeple hide something the have some strange behaviors...

Re: !Topic%20Title

eight bit goddess

Salutation Here wrote:
TheeGoblin wrote:

HAHAHAHA! Great ideas! I can just imagine it:

(In defendant lobby)
:odoroki: : Yep, I think I've just about got this case figured out. Thank goodness! Normally when I go into court I initially have no clue what really happened!

(Meanwhile)
:hobohodo: : Trucy, I can't let this go ahead! Otherwise people new to the games will have no clue what to do!

:minuki: : Games? What games Daddy?

:hobohodo: : NOTHING! Forgot I mentioned anything! Uh...anyway, something must be done! Apollo's not had to suffer enough yet! During my first year as a lawyer I was punched, hit with a toupee, nearly killed by Mafia guys and tazered! Plus, I went up against two undefeated prosecutors! ...And Payne! Not to mention they were both ruthless perfectionists willing to do anything to win!...And Payne! I must correct this! (Leaves)

(Defendant lobby)

:odoroki: : Oh, hey Mr. Wright. What's that behind your back?

:hobohodo: : N-nothing. ...Oooh look, a tube of hair gel!

:odoroki: : WHERE!? *Smash*

:hobohodo: : FIXED.

Many internets to you. I have long held the theory that Phoenix can secretly break the fourth wall...
Spoiler: 4-4
The start of the Mason segment REALLY freaked me out. O_O

Bronze Samurai

However, we know what REALLY happened during the MASON system.

But still, I always thought he did it. After all, in AA, he actually TELLS the five cases like it's a flashback.
Image Julia...<3

I've just realized the massive humour potential of TheeGoblin's other idea, the one about the Judge painting. I can imagine it:

:hobohodo: : Now, Apollo, remember. You are not, under any circumstances, to sit on the defendant lobby sofa. It only leads to large head wounds and extremely contrived tutorials! Understand?

:odoroki: : Yes, Mr, Wright.

:hobohodo: : Good boy. (Leaves)

:odoroki: : Thank goodness for that! Now I can get some sleep before the trial! I need it, considering I was up until two in the morning doing my Chords of Steel training! (Lies down)

(Judge's painting falls)

:odoroki: : OWWWWWWWWW! What...I can't remember anything! This is terrible!

:maggy: : So you're going to get me off the hook, right? Even if it means defying all logic and going into court as an amnesiac when you could just explain the predicament and have the trial postponed?

:odoroki: Um...okay.

(Court begins)

:odoroki: : Well, here comes...here comes...here comes... NOOOOOOO! I can sense that I should be uttering a catchphrase right now, but I can't remember what it is!

:maggy: : Hey, where's the Judge?

:udgy: (entering) : Sorry I'm late, I -

:odoroki: : (flashing back to the portrait incident) :odo-objection: : YOU! YOU DID THIS TO ME! GET AWAYYYYYYYYY!

:udgy: : Mr. Justice, what are talking about!

:odoroki: : You're going to leap on my head again, aren't you? AREN'T YOU!?

:udgy: : Bailiff! Have Mr. Justice escorted out of the building, please!

:meekins: : Now Mr. Justice, if you just calm hurt no-one will have to get down! (leads Apollo away)

:hobohodo: : Why oh why didn't he listen to me? I bet it's because he hates me for being able to break the fourth wall, isn't that right player?

:payne-stroke: : Hey, if the kid's gone insane, do I win?

:udgy: : No Mr, Payne. You never win.

:payne-stroke: I hate you all.

eight bit goddess

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
However, we know what REALLY happened during the MASON system.

But still, I always thought he did it. After all, in AA, he actually TELLS the five cases like it's a flashback.

At the end, yes, but at the beginning I didn't know who he was supposed to be talking to.
Also, technically, characters break the fourth wall in the tutorials all the time. Because they tell you to press the Court Record button or whatever.

Rookie

Quote:
technically, characters break the fourth wall in the tutorials all the time. Because they tell you to press the Court Record button

Am I the only one who pretended the 4th wall was kept intact by imagining some sort of court record button on the desk? :sadshoe:
Avvie image by Sklarvv.

Bronze Samurai

It's possible, but Ema taught you how to use the fingerprint powder and luminol spray. She told you to TOUCH THE SCREEN.

That's breaking fourth wall, right there.
Image Julia...<3

The world calls it love

Wooster wrote:
A bunch of stuff

The Trucy idea is probably the best one I've heard so far (at least in the sense that we're not retreading the amnesia gimmick and not introducing yet another new lawyer, but Trucy will only be 16 during the next game. Would she legally be allowed to represent herself at that age?

The only other option I can really think of assumes that the jurist system leads to some gameplay flow changes, and that on its own would probably be enough to justify a tutorial of how cases run their course. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a case without an aide, either; all of Apollo's successes so far have come largely thanks to others' help. It's about time he shakes out those butterflies and tackles something solo.

Lurker turned Member

unless...unless... unless they put a sort of film over it for some reason, or something, or it's automated and all digital and stuff!

YEAH DIGITAL FINGERPRINTING! Never worry about messing up a print again!
Page 1 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps