Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 61 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Return of Psyche-locks?Topic%20Title

Sage of Law

Do you think that psyche-locks will come back GS5? I know that there is the percieve system, but the only work in court. They also could make a fusion of the systems, something like percieving while breaking psyche-locks. That could work.
Please read my fic, trust me you will like it, if you read until the latest chapter. Forgive my bad grammar, I'm brazilian, so it may hard to read in the beginning, but it get better in later chapters.
Re: Return of Psyche-locks?Topic%20Title

The last case should be a double case, where we play with both Phoenix and Apollo simultaneously, with 2 different defendants, but the 2 cases are connected.
And there should be locks here, of course.

1000% Knight

I suspect they'll make a new system like psyche-locks to use out of court for GS5. Or bring back psyche-locks ^_^

Although if they bring back the PL, they'll prolly have Phoenix give Apollo his Magatama.

Spoiler: 3-5
After all, we know it works when given to other ppl from Edgy in 3-5.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Klavier: God of Prosecution

Szabu wrote:
The last case should be a double case, where we play with both Phoenix and Apollo simultaneously, with 2 different defendants, but the 2 cases are connected.

Holy crap yes. I've been wanting that sort of system for so long.

Good 'til the last drop.

I hope Psyche-Locks return. I wanna know more about

Spoiler:
Kristoph's black Psyche-Lock and if there will be more of those in the future.

ImageImage
The best part of waking up, is Godot in your cup. :godot:

OBJECTION!

I want to know more about those too, but I thought
Spoiler:
Phoenix broke Krissi's black psyche locks in court, though I would have liked to do it outside of court. When they came up I was "WTF! BLACK LOCKS?!?"

But yes I want to see Psyche Locks or a Perceive type system outside of court. It makes investigation even more interesting and would make the next AJ game much harder.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Good 'til the last drop.

Not only would it make investigations more interesting, it would make 'em a bit more challenging and lengthen them. To me, it seemed some of the investigations in AJ went by too quickly. And I would love to see more DS-specific things to do. Like the foot-mold thing.
ImageImage
The best part of waking up, is Godot in your cup. :godot:

Bronze Samurai

They should, because they even appeared AJ. If it was used in something like a double case like suggested, it'd probably be the best, since having both the Pervieve and Psyche-lock system together would make the case very epic. :godot:

But, other than that, how would they impliment them? Just saying that others could see them if they had it is sort of tough, considering how in
Spoiler:
3-3 when Jean stole the Magatama. As far as we know, he DIDN'T see them, while Phoenix still could.
It'd be nice, but I doubt it.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

1000% Knight

Spoiler: 3-3
Maybe you just can't see your own Psyche-Locks...?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I would rather they come up with some other kind of investigative trick to use in GS5 rather than go back to Psyche Locks. The whole theme of AJ with having Ema as the detective was to put more emphasis on science and logic, rather than psychic power. Not that they couldn't go back to that, but I would rather Phoenix keep the magatama, and have Apollo do his own thing.

Like if Apollo develops a way of using his bracelet outside of court (not necessarily spotting tells, but there could be other uses). Something that would do the job of the magatama without having to resort back to spiritualism.
ImageImage

OBJECTION!

I want to see more cool science mini games too, Loved the foot mould thing, but the one where you had to scratch off layers and read the note took aaaages. I was always convinced i was doing it wrong!

1000% Knight

Croik wrote:
I would rather they come up with some other kind of investigative trick to use in GS5 rather than go back to Psyche Locks. The whole theme of AJ with having Ema as the detective was to put more emphasis on science and logic, rather than psychic power. Not that they couldn't go back to that, but I would rather Phoenix keep the magatama, and have Apollo do his own thing.

Like if Apollo develops a way of using his bracelet outside of court (not necessarily spotting tells, but there could be other uses). Something that would do the job of the magatama without having to resort back to spiritualism.

I would be fine if with PLs or just any kind of out-of-court system for something like it.

But whatever it is, I hope it's more like PLs and less like the bracelet... just in terms of how you only need to present 1 piece of evidence in the bracelet and usually a whole lot more in the PLs xD (that made PLs more fun :D)

Yay for Shoe!

Cup O' Godot wrote:
I hope Psyche-Locks return. I wanna know more about

Spoiler:
Kristoph's black Psyche-Lock and if there will be more of those in the future.

I couldn't agree more! We never found out what they were and it still makes me wonder to this day!

And a double case with Phoenix and Apollo would be awesome! I like the new characters and all, but it's still hard letting go of the old ones... :sadshoe:
Many thanks to Elriel for the wonderful signature and Don S. for the adorable avatar!

Does Capcom read these forums btw?

I mean, there are so many good ideas around, it might inspire them :)

OBJECTION!

I thought they read those forums too.
I'd like to see more of the BLACK Psyche locks too - EPIC. Disappointed they werent broken. It'd be like
Spoiler:
Phoenix not actually breaking Matt's locks before he goes to court
Maybe this next AJ game will be harder, which could mean Psyche locks are back. What was challenging about them was you werent always sure if you had the right evidence or not.

操纵距离程度的能力

grim_tales wrote:
I thought they read those forums too.
I'd like to see more of the BLACK Psyche locks too - EPIC. Disappointed they werent broken. It'd be like
Spoiler:
Phoenix not actually breaking Matt's locks before he goes to court
Maybe this next AJ game will be harder, which could mean Psyche locks are back. What was challenging about them was you werent always sure if you had the right evidence or not.

Sorry, but I can't help thinking about this...a combination of Phoenix and Apollo.

Spoiler: Creepy picture

XDDD

On topic:I doubt if the Psyche-locks will come back...I believe Phoenix will play a smaller role in the next game.
You can call me whatever you want:3

You'd better be nice to Mr. Judge!

I hope they'll come back! I like them much more than the perceiving system, I'm really bad at perceiving. XD

I don't care as long as I don't have to do another Perceive like the one with Brushel. T_T SCARRED FOR LIFE, I TELL YOU.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Tuesday! That pic is epic XD!

Szabu wrote:
Does Capcom read these forums btw?

I mean, there are so many good ideas around, it might inspire them :)

Lost, Capcom's former community guy, used to browse the forums to keep an eye on us. But he was with Capcom of America, which I don't think has any imput in the games themselves. It was hinted to me that the producer, Matsukawa, knows about us, but she has to pretend that she doesn't, because according to internet laws in Japan she would have to shut us down >.>
ImageImage

Like A Rolling Stone...

Psyche-locks? That would be awesome, it should make the game harder, as stated... But, the idea of perceive outside the court, will substitute the psyche-lock system, no? Anyway, both of "the psyche-locks will return" and "Perceive outside the court" seems good with me.

OBJECTION!

If either happens, I dont mind. I just want something outside of court to make investigating harder.

Sweet Earth Juice not included

There's no reason to just do the same kind of thing, with the Percieve system. Just change it a bit and it would be a fine replacement.

OBJECTION!

Have several percieves to break someone down instead of one? Possibly. I found the perceive system hard, but interesting.

Yay for Shoe!

PWTessa wrote:
I hope they'll come back! I like them much more than the perceiving system, I'm really bad at perceiving. XD

I am too!! I actually had to glance at a walkthrough to break one of them (I really hated having to do that :sadshoe: )
Many thanks to Elriel for the wonderful signature and Don S. for the adorable avatar!

OBJECTION!

I hated having to do that too, the percieve system was really the only area of AJ I needed help with :o

eight bit goddess

Yeah, bring 'em back. I got all warm and fuzzy when I got to them in 4-4.

Croik wrote:

This would be fine, some other "science" substitute that's basically the same deal as the Magatama. What I want to see return is the gameplay of the Psyche-locks - presenting evidence sequentially to reveal a secret outside of court. I'd rather it not be some variation on the Perceive system, because looking at a person's habits is a very different thing. And a less satisfying thing imo, because you don't actually figure out what really happened, only that the person is hiding something.

Szabu wrote:

i see what you did there

La Diable wrote:
I'd rather it not be some variation on the Perceive system, because looking at a person's habits is a very different thing. And a less satisfying thing imo, because you don't actually figure out what really happened, only that the person is hiding something.

I don't see how:

Person: Blah blah blah blah blah I am clearly lying blah blah blah
:think-think-think: : My magic bracelet says you're hiding something *presents evidence*
Person: *SHOCKED ANIMATION*

Is different from:

Person: Blah blah blah blah blah I am clearly lying blah blah blah
:phoenix: : My magic pendant says you're hiding something *presents evidence*
Person: *SHOCKED ANIMATION*

eight bit goddess

Uh, I think you mean "My magic bracelet tell me you're hiding something" *pixel hunts for tiny insignificant movement* And then you get to present one piece of evidence. 1. Psyche-locks usually have a chain of evidence, and they all follow logically from one another. You can't guess and get a successful unlock.

All percieving is is Psyche locks + an extra step. They're usually easy (I can only think of one that was hard, that being Spike's) and they can easily change it to have you present multiple evidence.

1000% Knight

Saloma wrote:
All percieving is is Psyche locks + an extra step. They're usually easy (I can only think of one that was hard, that being Spike's) and they can easily change it to have you present multiple evidence.

It's an extra step, but you only present 1 piece of evidence while you usually present several for psyche-locks, as it was just said.

Presenting multiple pieces for the percieve system would be fine, except:
1. Having an extended conversation with the witness where you present several pieces of evidence like that is unlikely; the prosecution would normally step in some time.
2. Now that you have this awesome extra part for court... the investigation phases are even duller :nick:

btw, what I really like about the percieve system is the negative/positive image you momentarily get after beating each one :D

Bad Player wrote:
It's an extra step, but you only present 1 piece of evidence while you usually present several for psyche-locks, as it was just said.

1. Having an extended conversation with the witness where you present several pieces of evidence like that is unlikely; the prosecution would normally step in some time.
2. Now that you have this awesome extra part for court... the investigation phases are even duller :nick:

btw, what I really like about the percieve system is the negative/positive image you momentarily get after beating each one :D

We were talking about using this instead of Psyche Locks, which are out of court, we we not? That's what I was talking about. They could easily tweak the system a little to allow you to have to present a chain of evidence, exactly like Psyche Locks.

Obajecto

Hopefully If Maya Comes Back She'll Meet apollo and Give him the Magatama so He can see Psyche-locks :magatama-spin: :Kristoph-hair:

1000% Knight

Saloma wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

We were talking about using this instead of Psyche Locks, which are out of court, we we not? That's what I was talking about. They could easily tweak the system a little to allow you to have to present a chain of evidence, exactly like Psyche Locks.

Yes. So basically you use a psyche-lock in court. The only problem is that during the psyche-lock you have an extended conversation with the witness, which wouldn't happen 'cause when you're presenting evidence and talking to the witness like that, the prosecution will obviously chime in.

Also, in AA ppl would complain that the investigation phase was too boring compared to the court phase. The psyche-locks helped that. However, now we have the Percieve system, which is in court, and so the investigations are duller again. If you turn the Percieve system back into psyche-locks, that makes the investigation phases even duller compared to the court phases, which has the cross-examinations and psyche-locks.

tl;dr version: No matter how much you amp up the percieve system, you still need an out-of-court system to make investigations interesting.

:headbang: Did you even read what I said?

Saloma wrote:
out of court
out of court
out of court

1000% Knight

If you mean perceiving outside of court, you should've said so more explicitly.

Just because the PLs are out of court does not mean that it's replacement is be out of court. The perceive system replaced PLs in the GS series and it went from out of court to in court; so if you suggest "making the Perceive system like the PLs" by presenting multiple pieces of evidence, that does not imply making the Perceive system out of court like the PLs.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I'm sorry Bad Player but you're the one that's not keeping up with the conversation. We have in fact been talking about how to use the bracelet out of court as a substitute for Psyche Locks.

Honestly, there isn't anything about the Locks that even *requires* the Magatama. All it does is tell Phoenix when someone is lying, and then he presents a bunch of evidence in order to get them to spill. It's not really all that magical. The only reason there's a threat of him "shattering his soul" (or whatever) is so you can have a life bar. It could just as easily be a "this is how far you can push before the person you're questioning gets sick of you" bar.

So if Apollo is running around outside of court, talking to people, and his bracelet tells him someone is hiding something, he can then also present a whole string of evidence to get them to spill. It'd be pretty much exactly the same, except not quite as spiritual and potentially cracky.

I think I said this in a thread before, but with Psyche Locks, when they fail there is no real explanation for why. Sometimes it just doesn't pick up on lies and we don't know why. But with the Perceive system, if it fails the explanation is very simple: the person being interrogated is just too good to give him or herself away that easily. Maybe they don't have any nervous ticks.

That's one of the reasons I like the bracelet more than the locks as a concept - its limitations are reasonable.
ImageImage

eight bit goddess

^ Agreed 100%. When I said I didn't want it to be like Perceive, all I really meant was that I don't want to stare at people in slow-motion. I didn't find that part particularly fun or engaging, but the concept is fine.

That was the most tedious part of it, having to wait while the witness slooooooooowly says the testimoy was hellish. Give us a fast foward button, Capcom.

1000% Knight

Croik wrote:
So if Apollo is running around outside of court, talking to people, and his bracelet tells him someone is hiding something, he can then also present a whole string of evidence to get them to spill. It'd be pretty much exactly the same, except not quite as spiritual and potentially cracky.

I think I said this in a thread before, but with Psyche Locks, when they fail there is no real explanation for why. Sometimes it just doesn't pick up on lies and we don't know why. But with the Perceive system, if it fails the explanation is very simple: the person being interrogated is just too good to give him or herself away that easily. Maybe they don't have any nervous ticks.

Hmm... that sounds fine, except what about those "magatama phailz" moments where you get a psyche-lock, you break it, and then they lie? If they have a tick for their smaller cover-up lie, wouldn't it make more sense to have a bigger tick for their main lie?

If they don't get any ticks at all, then you can say that they are "just too good", but if they have a tick, and they only show it for some lies and not other...

And yes, I know "they have ticks only for some lies" is more realistic than "they have locks only for some lies", but that still doesn't provide an explanation for why they only have ticks for some lies, since we know they aren't "just too good" since they do have a tick. (just like how we don't have an explanation for why we only have locks for some lies)

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Saloma wrote:
That was the most tedious part of it, having to wait while the witness slooooooooowly says the testimoy was hellish. Give us a fast foward button, Capcom.

But the first time doing it, you'd have to spend that time searching all over the person's body. If it scrolled too fast it would mean having to repeat the testimony more. Though a fast forward button to use after you're familiar with the case wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote:
And yes, I know "they have ticks only for some lies" is more realistic than "they have locks only for some lies", but that still doesn't provide an explanation for why they only have ticks for some lies, since we know they aren't "just too good" since they do have a tick.

You might be able to explain that away by the person being interrogated not being caught by the same trick twice. Once someone points out to you that you twiddle your thumbs when you're nervous, you'd stop doing it, wouldn't you?
ImageImage
Page 1 of 2 [ 61 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps