Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 9 of 9[ 357 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: Who will be GS5's final villain?Topic%20Title

Criticus Maximus

I know I'm the only one who wants this, but Dahlia is my choice. Everyone seems dead set on Gant, so let me take this in another direction.

Considering both Gant and Dahlia have a chance to come back, Dahlia isn't out yet. Dahlia did, however, leave with an "I'll be back" message.

Whether this was an empty threat, or something actually thought out, is a mystery. But since everyone on the last page just wants previous final bosses back...

I demand Dahlia, the most villainous of all villains in the Ace Attorney universe. :chinami:

It might not have to be possession. REINCARNATION! DAHLIA 2.0!! IT'S 7 YEARS LATER, MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME!!!

Call me Ishmael.

KyrieNobody wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:
A mad scientist, maybe...? xD This is 2026 so some light sci-fi elements would be cool. Nothing too extreme, of course.

In fact, one of my OCs is inspired by Professor Hojo from FF7.

Sci-fi in Ace Attorney.. I think it already exist (anyone said "Godot's visor"?), even if in the other hand we have all those mobiles and computers older than nowadays XD
Spoiler:
And then, AJ takes place in 2026, so AJ2 in 2027 and AJ3 in 2028... will we see Master Vakushti, from Trauma Center New Blood (that's set in 2028)? LoL

I don't think they did a good job with the whole "10 years into the future" thing because as you said, the phones and computers are stuck in the early 2000s. XD That's why I want more sci-fi.

Spoiler: Various games
To all of those who are going to complain about how it wouldn't be realistic enough, we've had Godot's visor, a futuristic computer company, the bizarre MASON system, the airplane in AAI-2 and Little Thief already so... why not?

And yes, a AA/TC crossover would be badass even though it probably won't happen. n_n

@ OniXera: I really doubt we'll see more of Dahlia, because the PW1-3 arc is pretty much over, unless Capcom changes their minds. 1-5 was made after the original trilogy by the AJ team as a "prequel" to AJ so Gant seems more likely.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Why HER!? Why HERE!? Why NOW!?

Marche Tobaye wrote:
And yes, a AA/TC crossover would be badass even though it probably won't happen. n_n

@ OniXera: I really doubt we'll see more of Dahlia, because the PW1-3 arc is pretty much over, unless Capcom changes their minds. 1-5 was made after the original trilogy by the AJ team as a "prequel" to AJ so Gant seems more likely.

I agree abut the difficulty of Dahlia's reappearence (that wouldn't mean it's impossible, in fact I think that she will return somehow, but not as main villain)... and you know? The topic about Apollo's father = Gant is really interesting: it's impossible, even in a strange world like the AA one, that a man like Gant could have a relationship with a woman like Thalassa and be the father of a boy like Apollo, because it would be really near to pedophilia... BUT no one said that Gant can't have a son AT ALL. Apollo's father, why not?

... will Gant and his son, Apoll's father, be the final bosses? Imagine: a boy, that thinks as himself as an orphan, discoveres that his mother is alive, his father in alive and his grandfather killed two people. And maybe his grandfather tries to frame his motherand his half-sister, with the help of his father (you know, the "damn you, f**king b***c, you betrayed me with another man!" fact). If it's that, it would be AWESOME.

And, about the TC/AA crossover... my AA fanfictions now looks like enormous crossovers. If I can finally translate the first chapters, I'll post them!

But your hair is such a tragedy to draw, dear Mr. I-created-Stigma.

Writing, drawing, singing, flashing, playing, for you. Stay lawed ♪.

Criticus Maximus

Marche Tobaye wrote:

Yes, but Gant now has absolutely no standing in the series now. He lost his title, is currently in jail and shows absolutely no motive for returning. He no longer has any reason to keep doing things to "be the best", because he can no longer be back in the position of Chief of Police again. He doesn't seem to have any pull while in jail either, unlike Kristoph.

Kristoph wants revenge on Phoenix, Dahlia wants revenge on Phoenix and Mia.

Dynamic duo?

I'm actually hoping for an anti-villain...

Spoiler: AAI
The New Yatagarasu: Kay, Ema, Maya (or Franziska)

...sort of like 2-4 but the opposite. Enough with the evil villains. I'd like to see the series play with more gray area-type conflicts. There are, by now, enough hints and backstory in the series to make this plausible without considerable retcon.

A bit off-topic, did Capcom ever implicitly say that the old Ace Attorney characters won't be making a return in the Apollo Justice series? If so, then my theory is pretty much shot.

Godot rules

KyrieNobody wrote:
Flux wrote:
Apollo's dad is dead. Maybe, von Karma orchestrated it with someone doing the deed.

Spoiler:
Thalassa should be dead too. But oh my, she's alive! So, why can't her husband have had the same destiny, supposed to be dead but actually still alive?

She was never dead so why should she be,
Spoiler:
Magnifi covered up the accident as death but she never died and ended up in Borginia
so how is that a wonder

Call me Ishmael.

Flux wrote:
KyrieNobody wrote:
Flux wrote:
Apollo's dad is dead. Maybe, von Karma orchestrated it with someone doing the deed.

Spoiler:
Thalassa should be dead too. But oh my, she's alive! So, why can't her husband have had the same destiny, supposed to be dead but actually still alive?

Spoiler:
Magnifi covered up the accident as death but she never died and ended up in Borginia
so how is that a wonder

She was sarcastic.

Her point is that
Spoiler:
Thalassa survived, so why can't Apollo's father?

Criticus Maximus

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Flux wrote:
KyrieNobody wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
so how is that a wonder

She was sarcastic.

Her point is that
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Because that'd be too cliqued and probably be a game ruiner?

It'll seem extremely recycled.

Why HER!? Why HERE!? Why NOW!?

OniXera wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:
Flux wrote:
Spoiler:
so how is that a wonder

She was sarcastic.

Her point is that
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Because that'd be too cliqued and probably be a game ruiner?

It'll seem extremely recycled.

Spoiler:
From "Justice for All": "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death". But he appears alive and better than before, in 2-4.

This idea of "fake death" was ALREADY recycled (we know Thalassa's dead, but then we find out she's still alive). And this idea will probably used again in GS5 or GS6, I guess.

But your hair is such a tragedy to draw, dear Mr. I-created-Stigma.

Writing, drawing, singing, flashing, playing, for you. Stay lawed ♪.

you can just call me Ezio

i thought it would be epic if it were to be the pope :beef:
Image Image

son of ApollaJustice and eliasswift
brother to KissTheNight and Dimbo

Stand back! I'm about to try SCIENCE!

Location: Here. No wait, I meant there! Or In florida! Don't Hurt MEEE!

Ezio Auditore wrote:
i thought it would be epic if it were to be the pope :beef:

It would also be boycotted by Catholic groups globally. Not a great business decision.

I personally look forward to a game-specific (Even a case-specific) character. Cameos are nice, but I don't think it's good in the game which they really need to focus on Apollo in.

Save poor Gumshoe!

I think it would be a new character we don't know yet.
"The only time a lawyer can cry, is when it's all over" ~ Godot.

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

It'll probably be a brand new character, although I would love to see Manfred von Karma being channeled and finally trying to get revenge on Phoenix (I'm hoping they'll just forget AJ2 and make PW4); that would be soooo epic. Especially if Dahlia was in on it too.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Just a random passerby

:aiga:
Take a good look, everybody. Unable to find a good rival, I was forced to create one. Here I am, the Tragic Clown, the final villian of GS5.

Sorry, I had to do it.

Wanderer

fatalfeline wrote:
I'd also like to think it's someone we haven't seen yet, but still related to the main story. :)

same

I got a feeling it will be Phoenix, but from some reasons that will be similar to Godot's reasons.
I hope I'm wrong.

Objector. 'Nuff Said.

Bruto Cadaverini

*fanfiction here*
it turns out he organised a lot of the cases, steel samurai case, nickel samurai case, Mia's death, and a lot more
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee. ~Godot :godot:

The one who fails.

It will be the bellboy. Case closed.

Call me Ishmael.

You know, wouldn't it be cool if the main antagonist turned out to be someone who doesn't seem dangerous, but in reality has a grudge against mankind because s/he had a tragic past? Like, someone who was bullied in school or something.

Sort of like the *real* villain in Henry Hatsworth.

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

SuperGanondorf wrote:
It'll probably be a brand new character, although I would love to see Manfred von Karma being channeled and finally trying to get revenge on Phoenix (I'm hoping they'll just forget AJ2 and make PW4); that would be soooo epic. Especially if Dahlia was in on it too.

except all the channeler's are woman so even if it's possible, manfred in woman body is veeery scary.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

I'm in the new character camp. For me, AAI is the perfect example of the dangers of having too many rehashed characters. Not that AAI was bad... It's just that AA characters seem to tend to lose depth with every subsequent appearance.

Just a random passerby

I think the final villian should be.... Zak Gramarye.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "There's no way Zak Gramarye can be the final villian. Zak's dead." Just hear me out.

It was never proven Zak was Shadi Smith. The only evidence was Phoenix, Kristoph and Brushel's words. What if Zak hired somebody (IE a stunt double or Zak Look a like) to pose as "Shadi Smith" and gave him the magic rights to give to Trucy.

Pal!

Seeing as over the years, Ace Attorneys have taken down:

Spoiler:
other lawyers, the Chief of Police, a powerful diplomat, etc.

...then we've gotta go bigger.

How about the mayor?
No... THE PRESIDENT.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Temple wrote:
Seeing as over the years, Ace Attorneys have taken down:

Spoiler:
other lawyers, the Chief of Police, a powerful diplomat, etc.

...then we've gotta go bigger.

How about the mayor?
No... THE PRESIDENT.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO CROSS-EXAMINE THE PRESIDENT?
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Pal!

Icarus wrote:
ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO CROSS-EXAMINE THE PRESIDENT?

...yes.

Yes, I am.

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

the cheif of police. who knows, he may be a genius....
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

Defense Attorney

Personally for the last case i can think of Dahliah returning as a ghost and murders Phoenix and than tries to frame Minuki for it. That would be an epic case. Oh and also like Mia was to Phoenix it should be like what Phoenix is to Apollo later on in the game.

The most bad ass of AA:
Do not fear the evilness in this spoiler tag...
Spoiler:

@ Tinkotin
Killing Phoenix? That would be a horrible idea! :edgeworth:

Wannabe Ace Attorney

notamotua wrote:
I'm actually hoping for an anti-villain...

Spoiler: AAI
The New Yatagarasu: Kay, Ema, Maya (or Franziska)

...sort of like 2-4 but the opposite. Enough with the evil villains. I'd like to see the series play with more gray area-type conflicts. There are, by now, enough hints and backstory in the series to make this plausible without considerable retcon.

A bit off-topic, did Capcom ever implicitly say that the old Ace Attorney characters won't be making a return in the Apollo Justice series? If so, then my theory is pretty much shot.

I don't remember any of that, but I did remember the whole "the villain will be someone familiar" thing. I'm not sure. I could be wrong, or I could have misinterpreted everything I've been hearing.

I also hope it's another not-so-evil villain at the end. Usually the final ones have the blackest hearts.

Spoiler: End of AAI
DUDE. I so want the new Yatagarasu in GS5. And it makes sense -

1. Maya may not be an actual defense attorney, but she is affiliated with two. Sure, Phoenix is no longer a lawyer (holding on to the hope that he'll retake the bar) and Mia is long dead, but she's picked up some stuff. That...and she can be pretty persuasive, so we have our connections. She could leave Pearl in charge of Kurain while on Yatagarasu duty too...and who knows? Spirit channeling in our Yatagarasu? Why not? =D

2. Kay is affiliated with three prosecutors. Her dad, Franziska, and of course, Miles. She also has Little Thief...and who knows? Maybe in the future, in order to have a day job and to follow Byrne's footsteps, she'll become a prosecutor, possibly under Miles' or Franziska's tutelage. Miles seems more inclined to take her under his wing though.

3. Ema IS a detective. And with her knowledge of scientific techniques and stuff, she can easily cover up the Yatagarasu's tracks. Plus, she already knows Kay from AAI-3.

I'm not sure if Franzy would like to join their group, but she could still be indirectly involved. Seeing her as an ally is a long shot, but it's possible; Kay is one of the very few people Franziska tolerates.

Kay turning up and being the Yatagarasu would make no sense. I'm pretty sure
Spoiler: AAI villains
Ernest Amano, Lance Amano, Callisto Yew and Quercus Alba
all heard her loudly proclaim herself to be "The real Yatagarasu" so many times that if a new Yatagarasu showed up, all of them would know exactly who it was and would love to get their revenge. Also, with part of the original Yatagarasu turning himself in and another part in police custody, the methods of the Yatagarasu would no longer be secret, and using the methods of a thief whose MO is well-known by the police is solidly in "Too Stupid to Live Be Free" territory.

Even if we assume that none of the friendly characters (Edgeworth, Franziska, Lang, Gumshoe, etc.) would turn Kay in, it's unrealistic to assume that every law enforcement official would willingly look the other way for a vigilante thief whose identity would be well known.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

An anti-villain is definitely an interesting idea. The "evil mastermind" villain may have overstayed his/her welcome somewhat. However, I see two reasons not to go with this:

1. As I said about a month ago here, I would be far more comfortable with the villains (and the vast majority of characters) in the game being new and original. The series has rehashed characters before, and IMO they're not very good at it. However, an old character being a defendant would be pretty interesting, especially with all the possible motives available for the prosecution.

2. The anti-villain role has been used before as well, and IMO they're not very good at that, either. To this day, Justice For All, THE anti-villain game, is often considered one of the worse games, with its cases being considered some of the worst in the series. People want satisfaction from taking down the villain. On the other hand, 3-5 has a good anti-villain, so maybe they can manage to make another one. I'm honestly not crossing my fingers, though.

OBJECTION!

What do you mean by "anti villain"? You mean
Spoiler:
how we think Iris is the villain in 3-5 but isn't?

I liked some of Justice for All a lot BTW.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:

An anti-hero is somebody who does good things but isn't really that much of a good person.

An anti-villain is somebody who does bad things but isn't really that much of a bad person. (i.e. Mimi Miney, Acro, Godot. YMMV)

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Shelly Dekiller.
I always wanted him to come back...
Maybe some client that betrayed him would be the victim, and his target would be Phoenix's or Apollo's client because he or she survived or something...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

evil monkey is watching you.

End Quote wrote:
Shelly Dekiller.
I always wanted him to come back...
Maybe some client that betrayed him would be the victim, and his target would be Phoenix's or Apollo's client because he or she survived or something...

I would like for Shelly to come back too for a case , but not as the final villain. I think it should be Valant, and he will actually be you client for the case, just like Engarde was. However the situation would be much more tragic.
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

Is something wrong?

Well, if Apollo is the main character, i'm 95% sure that Phoenix is going to know the whole truth of what happened, and he won't tell you, insead he'll say something like:"You need to find that out for yourself, Apollo. :hobohodo:" Or, the remaining 5%...
Spoiler:
...Is that Phoenix himself is the murderer!!

OBJECTION!

Icarus wrote:
grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:

An anti-hero is somebody who does good things but isn't really that much of a good person.

An anti-villain is somebody who does bad things but isn't really that much of a bad person. (i.e. Mimi Miney, Acro, Godot. YMMV)

Definitely agree about Acro and maybe Godot, Acro didnt seem like a bad person at all.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Page 9 of 9 [ 357 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps