Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 4[ 131 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Any possibilty that Phoenix will be playable? (spoiler)Topic%20Title

Chords of Steel!

Well, he did say that he might go for the bar exam.....
Re: Any possibilty that Phoenix will be playable? (spoiler)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

I thought that was a joke. But the very fact he said that implies it's a possibility.....
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

grim_tales wrote:
I thought that was a joke. But the very fact he said that implies it's a possibility.....

I agree with that.
PEARL DIES TONIGHT

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Of course, throughout his own trilogy, Phoenix always took jokes seriosuly, and never said anythign he didn't mean. Look at the Parrot incident.

Scientifically speaking...

I thought he was serious. ...But that was probably because I wanted it to be true so badly. ._.

If Phoenix is playable, I will be as happy as I was when I found out Perfect Prosecutor was coming out.
[MAL] [Last.fm] [Fanfiction]
Oh Pearl, you little genius!

Sage of Law

No, sorry, but really no chance, Phoenix can't become a lawyer again, he forged evidence remember? No, not the one that Kristoph had it made, the bloody ace, so unless Phoenix does not care about law or have no pride (okay he forged evidence, but still...) at all, he not return to law ever again.
Please read my fic, trust me you will like it, if you read until the latest chapter. Forgive my bad grammar, I'm brazilian, so it may hard to read in the beginning, but it get better in later chapters.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

It's not the first time Phoenix has concealed evidence or made evidence up, or treated evidence unaccordingly All that matters to him is that the truth is revealed. Besides, new all-knowing lawyer Phoenix, even if not playable, would be bad-ass.

Also, the forging never stopped any prosecutors, did it?

Scientifically speaking...

Fey Sage wrote:
No, sorry, but really no chance, Phoenix can't become a lawyer again, he forged evidence remember? No, not the one that Kristoph had it made, the bloody ace, so unless Phoenix does not care about law or have no pride (okay he forged evidence, but still...) at all, he not return to law ever again.

Still, this is the PW world we're talking about. I think it's quite possible, I mean I thought he was serious.

...Maybe I'm just grasping at the straws.
[MAL] [Last.fm] [Fanfiction]
Oh Pearl, you little genius!

Overruled?

Fey Sage wrote:

To think Phoenix dosen't care about law never played through 4-4... or maybe the case was so weird and plot-hole ridden it made their brains implode. @.@ If Phoenix really isn't interested in a law career anymore, do you think he would had gone through all the trouble he did to clear his name and set up the jury system?

Also, I suggest you go back through case 4-1 again and read through it carefully to get the full details behind that bloody card. I'm half asleep at the moment to post a real reply to this, so I'm going to quote Mia_Fey from another topic. x.x'

MAGIC COPY/PASTE ACTION!! ALAKAZOOOOOOOOMG!

Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix didn't use it as decisive evidence. He used it to goad a response out of Kristoph and uncover his lies (And the trial goes on for a while afterward which it wouldn't had that card been decisive evidence. Phoenix was very careful in how he used it). It was not the card that got him in trouble as the card didn't point to Kristoph as the murderer by itself. What it did do was show everything Kristoph had lied about. Kristoph knew a bunch of things that he shouldn't have and the card made all those contradictions come out. Also, the card had been real and if Kristoph hadn't taken it, it would have been at the scene. He wasn't making up random evidence to incriminate Kristoph. Phoenix created something that he was certain existed (logical deduction considering he knew the killer could only have gone through the secret entrance and the card was missing) so that the scene would fall into place correctly. Also in his position, he needed to prove that there had been a fourth person in the room or either he or Olga was going down for a murder neither committed.

Now that doesn't make what Phoenix did ethically okay. It's not and Phoenix doesn't even try to make that claim. He purposely goads Apollo into hitting him. I would argue that he wasn't being hypocritical though. It was a lose-lose situation and he had a limited number of viable choices. He was careful to keep everyone out of danger, so the only one who would be hurt by that card was Phoenix himself. It's not the first time Phoenix has stretched things to save a client (ex. the fake poisoned bottle at the end of 3-3). I should also point out that this was not Kristoph's trial, so the card wasn't being used to convict Kristoph.

Surf's Up!

I don't mind playing as Phoenix as long as Apolllo's out of the picture somehow (either he disappears somewhere, or gets killed off etc).

What I don't want to see in GS5 is, having to play one case as Apollo, then the next case as Phoenix, and so on.

Sage of Law

DarkWobbuffet wrote:
Fey Sage wrote:

To think Phoenix dosen't care about law never played through 4-4... or maybe the case was so weird and plot-hole ridden it made their brains implode. @.@ If Phoenix really isn't interested in a law career anymore, do you think he would had gone through all the trouble he did to clear his name and set up the jury system?

Also, I suggest you go back through case 4-1 again and read through it carefully to get the full details behind that bloody card. I'm half asleep at the moment to post a real reply to this, so I'm going to quote Mia_Fey from another topic. x.x'

MAGIC COPY/PASTE ACTION!! ALAKAZOOOOOOOOMG!

Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix didn't use it as decisive evidence. He used it to goad a response out of Kristoph and uncover his lies (And the trial goes on for a while afterward which it wouldn't had that card been decisive evidence. Phoenix was very careful in how he used it). It was not the card that got him in trouble as the card didn't point to Kristoph as the murderer by itself. What it did do was show everything Kristoph had lied about. Kristoph knew a bunch of things that he shouldn't have and the card made all those contradictions come out. Also, the card had been real and if Kristoph hadn't taken it, it would have been at the scene. He wasn't making up random evidence to incriminate Kristoph. Phoenix created something that he was certain existed (logical deduction considering he knew the killer could only have gone through the secret entrance and the card was missing) so that the scene would fall into place correctly. Also in his position, he needed to prove that there had been a fourth person in the room or either he or Olga was going down for a murder neither committed.

Now that doesn't make what Phoenix did ethically okay. It's not and Phoenix doesn't even try to make that claim. He purposely goads Apollo into hitting him. I would argue that he wasn't being hypocritical though. It was a lose-lose situation and he had a limited number of viable choices. He was careful to keep everyone out of danger, so the only one who would be hurt by that card was Phoenix himself. It's not the first time Phoenix has stretched things to save a client (ex. the fake poisoned bottle at the end of 3-3). I should also point out that this was not Kristoph's trial, so the card wasn't being used to convict Kristoph.

I'm not saying that Phoenix doesn't care about law, and I know the bloody ace wasn't that decisive, I just think that Phoenix has enough pride in his own honesty not to take the bar exam again, after doing the same thing that he was falsely accused seven years before, and yes I know that Phoenix's sense of honesty changed, but still think that he has it pretty much similar of before losing the badge.
Please read my fic, trust me you will like it, if you read until the latest chapter. Forgive my bad grammar, I'm brazilian, so it may hard to read in the beginning, but it get better in later chapters.

Fey Sage wrote:

At the point before 4-1, I don't think Phoenix ever believed he could be a lawyer again, his focus was merely putting away Kristoph, not clearing his name. His mindset would change when it is actually again an option.

The 'evidence' was just a replication of something which was taken away by the criminal, to lend some decisiveness to the verdict without the correct 'decisive evidence'. I suppose there's an element of 'Kristoph threw out the rules, unfairly disbarring Phoenix and making him not even able to be a lawyer to get the conviction, so now he'll use the weight of irony and since he's not a lawyer, and no longer has a lawyer's empowerment, not play by lawyer's rules.' There's also a lot of weight attached to 'Everyone believes I'm an evidence forger, and I've been punished for the last 7 years for it, so I may as well use it to save the lives of both me and the other innocent party.' With limited options in a life-or-death situation, the temptation to bend the rules would be stronger.

Reinstated as a lawyer, he's not going to be in that mindset, and he's going to do the ethical thing, which won't involve forging evidence. Lawyers do have reasonable empowerment [unlike disbarred hobos] to present their case under the law, and he's far less likely to ever fall to the temptation of forging evidence if people no longer believe he is guilty of it.

Besides, nobody ever seems to complain about how the bribed and blackmailed Grossberg should quit lawyering.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Ruler of Lowát

Also, while it may or may not matter, I don't think Phoenix ever claimed the ace was real. In fact IIRC he even pointed that out at the end of the trial, I believe what he said about it was "Only the real murder could make that claim" in reguards the Krissi saying that the ace wasn't real.
But I may be wrong there.
*Runs off to play 4-1 again*

OBJECTION!

And there was a case in T&T that used fake evidence too.. well not exactly forged, but Phoenix did lie, even if he only lied about evidence to expose Tigre.
How was Grossberg blackmailed/bribed?

Can't figure out what to put here...

It doesn't matter that Phoenix forged the Ace, because apparently everyone was too stupid to realize there was no possible way he could have it. Since he wasn't caught, at least in the eyes of the law, he didn't forge it and that Ace was real evidence. Even if it was a forgery, as we saw in Phoenix's final trial, it is the person who presents the evidence's fault, not the original forger. Therefore, Apollo is the one guilty of forgery if Phoenix is caught, not Phoenix.
Therefore, the only evidence that Phoenix "actually" forged is the diary page in his final trial, which he didn't actually forge. :meekins:

I can see Phoenix playable in one case if he does get his badge back, I can easily see 5-1 being his triumphant return to the courtroom in an epic battle of wits against well... Winston Payne, Apollo could be on the sides too. And then for the last case, Phoenix will be in charge of it originally and appears in the first court date. but something stops him from being able to continue it and so its left up to Apollo to finish what was started, also the prosecutor will be :edgeworth:

Well thats it for my prophetic vision... I think its good because in a way everyone wins. :phoenix: fans get to see him get his groove back, and :odoroki: will still be the "main" character.

Mostly human

although it was fairly interesting to play as Phoenix again in AJ, it didn't help that he completely hijacked the last case, there was quite a bit of fan backlash caused by this, so I personally don't see it happening again.

stirring

Medli wrote:
Still, this is the PW world we're talking about.

This is probably the biggest thing that implies it as a possibility for me. The PW world is already pretty selective to begin with about when and how things should matter or be taken seriosly.

But I would rather Phoenix go away. Forever.

And die. Two seconds into the fifth game.

But it will surely not happen.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

#1 DBZ fan.

Of course.Back then,I saw a video about Phoenix saying in court that he has his badge back.I dont know if it was fake but,I found it in a japanese capcom site.But that case was in english,or maybe it was a casemaker? I dunno.But I'm probably guessing Phoenix is the lawyer and not Polly. (Aww Apollo <3 )
Image Gumshoe X Franziska 4Ever

+ Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/SaiyanTanuki

1000% Knight

I have a feeling Phoenix will be the laywer for one case, and that'll be the last time we see him... it follows the pattern!!!

AA: Phoenix is in 5 cases (1-2 treated as 1 case)
JFA: Phoenix is in 4 cases
T&T: Phoenix is in 3 cases (3-2 is treated as 1 case)
AJ: Phoenix is in 2 cases (you know 4-1 was all him)

It only follows that he's in 1 case in GS5! Of course, that means in GS6 and beyond we don't get him ever again, but a final, epic case in GS5 would be good enough for me :edgy:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Mouth of Sauron

All I want from him is the mentor role in 5-1, and then maybe a helping hand around the office.

Dammit, I want to know why Apollo became a lawyer first.
Gozu wrote:
omg ur just lik :edgeworth:

did ur parents di or somefin

icer wrote:
Trucy: [Daddy was fired from legal clerk for loitering] Daddy has a fun new job as a street sweeper!
Phoenix: Guess what Apollo, today I swept up some EVIDENCE! ....

Hate is Bad :(

I could see them working Phoenix retaking the exam into the beginning as a tutorial somehow, but I doubt he'll be playable again. He hung around GS4 to bridge us over to Polly, and now he's gonna go do his own thang so Apollo can shine.

This... is my 18th cup of coffee.

I hope so...to be honest, I like Phoenix more then Apollo... but that may just be me. :will:

I would love to see him retaking the bar exam (wouldn't that also be a good excuse for the intro case?), and be playable with him for at least one case.
I want to see the original Phoenix! :will:
:godot:

Overruled?

Holy Hell wrote:

Ugh, no offense dude, but it's fans like you who are part of the reason I don't like this new series. Reminds me of those morbid posts people would do in the GS5 Ideas topic with ideas where Gumshoe, Edgeworth, Maya and/or Phoenix get killed off. I was rather shocked to see how much people apperently loathe them.

Frankly I've never been a fan of the whole "Out with the old, in with the new." philosophy. If someone likes new characters, that's fine and all, but don't knock the old cast just cause they're "old". Call me one of those old geezers who drive stationwagons and leave my left blinker on if you must, but just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically better.

Windows Vista was a prime example of this. People practically trampled babies underfoot to get a Vista computer on launch day, only to find out it had more glitches and problems then The Matrix 3. Yes the system did get better, hell, I'm using a recently bought Vista right now, and I'm sure Apollo and the new guys have a chance of becoming better characters in future games (hopefully). However, I still love my Windows XP and use it to do things Vista can't, and I still love Phoenix, Maya and the others, and I'm not about to just thow either of them out into the trash.

Last edited by DynoStretch on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mouth of Sauron

Emperor Ing wrote:
All I want from him is the mentor role in 5-1, and then maybe a helping hand around the office.

Dammit, I want to know why Apollo became a lawyer first.

Gozu wrote:
omg ur just lik :edgeworth:

did ur parents di or somefin

icer wrote:
Trucy: [Daddy was fired from legal clerk for loitering] Daddy has a fun new job as a street sweeper!
Phoenix: Guess what Apollo, today I swept up some EVIDENCE! ....

Ruler of Lowát

Okay, I've thought it over.

Apollo:
Has very little backstory.
Very little character growth or development.
Was never mentioned until his game, and has very little ties to existing characters.
Was just some guy in someone else's ( :hobohodo: ) story.
And wears RED.

Now if we take this train of logic to it's fantastic convulsion...
I'll miss him.

Edit: I just noticed the "convulsion" typo when I meant to write conclusion.... I think it works better this way.

Last edited by DarknessLord on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

「これが、モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」

LOL, am I evil for openly laughing at that? XD
If videogames make murderers, then guns kill people and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
MyAnimeList | My PW/AA Stuff and Translations | My fic thread

Holy Hell wrote:

I really don't get it. Apart from the fact that you think he's hogging what you assume is 'Apollo's' spotlight, and you think it might be dramatic, nobody's ever given me any kind of proper reasoning why this should happen. (Except this one guy who had some intricate theory of deconstruction, regression and chaos, but he was kind of unique in his view).

Fact is, they did return Phoenix to the 'new' arc, so it's a follow on to the old arc, and, messing with Phoenix's life as they did, he's got just as much right as Apollo to appear and have stories about him (hopefully ones where his life has moved in a more positive direction.) And for that matter, so do the characters closely associated with him.

DarknessLord wrote:
Now if we take this train of logic to it's fantastic convulsion...
I'll miss him.

:gant: Oh man. And the first 'example' link on that page, has this picture with a guy with this big 'A' on his chest and a 2-pronged brown hair liked Apollo's shrank and wilted..

OBJECTION!

I really want to know why Apollo became a lawyer and other stuff too. Having Phoenix take the Bar Exam as a tutorial would be a good idea though - Capcom might well do that.

lol boobs.

Aureax wrote:
I hope so...to be honest, I like Phoenix more then Apollo... but that may just be me. :will:

I would love to see him retaking the bar exam (wouldn't that also be a good excuse for the intro case?), and be playable with him for at least one case.
I want to see the original Phoenix! :will:

my opinion
Spoiler:
i wanna see that :object: ! you know :sadshoe:

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor

grim_tales wrote:
I really want to know why Apollo became a lawyer and other stuff too. Having Phoenix take the Bar Exam as a tutorial would be a good idea though - Capcom might well do that.

So we really assume the writers are so pathetic that Apollo can't receive character development if Phoenix is around? I mean, we got way more characterisation for Mia in game 1, like why she became a lawyer, than we got for Apollo, and Mia didn't overshadow Phoenix at all in game 1. So I can't see that having Phoenix do something beyond the tutorial case precludes Apollo from potential character development.

lol boobs.

If he's not playable, I'll probably die man. :sadshoe:
Anyway I like Nick more than Polly.
I want him in 2 cases at least... :gumshoe:
If not I'll do that :headbang: !
Exactly this!

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor

first post, baby! :godot: (love these smilies)

I for one really like Apollo and I thought gs4 was a refreshing re-boot so I hope he is the only focus in gs5. I mean, I loved Phoenix's role in gs4 and playing as him in 4-4, but I think now that they've wrapped his story up they should focus on apollo and his battles.

As for Phoenix re-taking the bar exam, I think it's possible but that it won't happen right away. I think 7 years away from law has changed him some, plus he doesn't seem unhappy with where he's at. He's cleared his name and gotten his framer put away, and now he has a daughter to look after...I think if he does become a lawyer again it'll be a little while. He's a lot more laid back now than he was before but I bet his return would be legendary :hobohodo:

I don't think I really care to play as Phoenix again. Not because I don't like him (I personally prefer PW over AJ) but because the characters, the new characters, of AJ need to move on and develop. Especially Apollo.

However, I would be more at ease if I knew that Phoenix did in fact become a lawyer again. I don't need to play as him, but I want the comfort of knowing that he returned to his old job and turned his life back around.

I'd say

Sigh, I know this is extreme wishfull thinking, but somehow i hope they'l go "the pokémon way" with the next instalments.
Phoenix/Apollo different games but at certain points intertwined.

Ah wel, a fan can dream...

Oh! And for the record, I'l take Phoenix over Apollo any day.

Squirtle!

grim_tales wrote:

They could have the tutorial with Phoenix retaking the bar exam, then the proctor gets murdered, and phoenix gets the blame. Honestly though, if Phoenix comes back to be replayable, it wouldn't be right without Maya. Incidentally, where is she throughout AJ? Just wondering. I guess she could be doing her Master duties. I guess the only problem with bringing Maya back is the fact that if Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney, and Maya Fey, Ace ... Master of... Kurian.... (Huh?) worked together, I guess it would be kind of cheap, since channeling had regained its believability, because Maya could just channel the victim, (as long as the case wasn't as complicated as the DL-6 one) and get the murderer. Maybe, Mia could get her own game?
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

lol boobs.

jonathanrp wrote:
grim_tales wrote:
Honestly though, if Phoenix comes back to be replayable, it wouldn't be right without Maya. Incidentally, where is she throughout AJ? Just wondering. I guess she could be doing her Master duties. I guess the only problem with bringing Maya back is the fact that if Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney, and Maya Fey, Ace ... Master of... Kurian.... (Huh?) worked together, I guess it would be kind of cheap, since channeling had regained its believability, because Maya could just channel the victim, (as long as the case wasn't as complicated as the DL-6 one) and get the murderer.

Maybe Maya thought Pearl would be a better Master of Kurain and will come back to Phoenix in GS5 (If he will take the bar exam again) :shoe:

I've finished A.A.I! I feel complete!

I would like him to retern, but very quietly. Like in the last case, something happens to Apollo so Phoenix steps in. But they shouldn't evan mention the bar exam or anything to do with it so when it does happen we all pull this face.
Oh look. A sprite topic

Gettin' Old!

I'd like them both to be playable.

Like in Kingdom hearts chain of memories you could play the whole thing as Riku after beating it with Sora.

A similar thing to finally give a GS game some replayability.
Two different takes on a case, admittedly maybe the conclusions would be the same I still think it's perfectly plausable.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Surf's Up!

Holy Hell wrote:

I like this idea, except for one thing.

*substitutes Apollo in place of Phoenix*

There, now it is perfect. :karma:
Page 1 of 4 [ 131 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps