Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

Maya should be in GS5, end of story.Topic%20Title

dearest feeniee...

For some reason, I really want the burger eating spirit medium back, I would generally want to know what has happened to her, and maybe she could be a suspect or a witness in a murder case at Kurain Village or in the mountains? I'm sure there would be new spirit mediums in the story anyway.
Re: Maya should be in GS5, end of story.Topic%20Title

They could bring her back, but PLEASE, not as a suspect again.

Although... The Feys' part of the story is pretty much over.

Yo Dawg!

I honestly dont want to see anymore old characters. Theyre done with. bring out a fresh batch.

Yes! Though I agree, NOT on trial.
We just need her to turn up in context of Phoenix. I'm sure Apollo would loooove to meet her. :hoboleft:

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Neon Lemmy Koopa wrote:
I honestly dont want to see anymore old characters. Theyre done with. bring out a fresh batch.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

walking contradiction

i agree.
i mean,she hasnt even been mentioned!
Phoenix don't forget her! ;_;

But i also dont want to see her as a suspect,or anything related to a case at all.
Maybe just as an aid or something.

Trucy should meet her future Mama |D
*shot*

Klavier: God of Prosecution

But why shouldn't we see her? They really haven't tied up all the loose ends if they go with a half-assed "She lived happily ever after as the Master of the Kurain School".

That's really not an acceptable ending to such a major character, and any decent writer should know that.

Proud owner of Luke Atmey.

I'm sick of Maaaayyyyyaaaaa *whines in coherently*

As the Master she should help Apollo with her super medium powers :)

GoGracyGo wrote:
i mean,she hasnt even been mentioned!

Yes, she has. Twice.

I hate Klaviema >_>

Twice? I know the hospital one, but...
ImageImage
ImageImage

dearest feeniee...

Seal481 wrote:
But why shouldn't we see her? They really haven't tied up all the loose ends if they go with a half-assed "She lived happily ever after as the Master of the Kurain School".

That's really not an acceptable ending to such a major character, and any decent writer should know that.

you are right. i expect she`ll either get mentioned, or she`ll die out slowly...

but i still believe she`d be useful in the story; as a medium. maybe she could channel apollo's...

Spoiler:
dad?

who knows.

RandomJibberish wrote:

Eldoon mentioned her once, too. He said that Nick and "his assistant" used to buy his noodles. And Maya likes noodles instead of burgers in the Japanese version. I guess the localization shouldn't be taken so seriously, then... :yuusaku:

@ killing dahlia: Not that I disagree, but "not being around" is definitely not the same thing as "dying slowly". :-P

dearest feeniee...

Kefka Palazzo wrote:
@ killing dahlia: Not that I disagree, but "not being around" is definitely not the same thing as "dying slowly". :-P

well, i meant people will forget about her at one point.

She like a dinosaur, once she dies out, she doesn`t come back.

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Seal481 wrote:

*deskslam* What's there to explain? What loose ends?

Maya's not coming back, end of story.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Seal481 wrote:

None, no matter what the naysayers say. They are wrong anyway.

They could think up some new reason to bring her back, though...

Plus, I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked. There is already a topic called "Mayaaa! Come back!" or something like that.

..........bark?

Location: Paris, France (yeah i'm a frenchie, get over it... ^^)

Kefka Palazzo wrote:
DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Seal481 wrote:
Plus, I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked. There is already a topic called "Mayaaa! Come back!" or something like that.

Yup, topic that generated a great conflict between maya lovers, maya haters and nutral ace attorney fans. Wich is NOT why I started this topic, but seeing everybody's point of view was cool though.
Objection your honor ! Capcom is FAR to slow in the making of Gyakuten saiban 5 !

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Seal481 wrote:

Maya's not coming back, end of story.

What, Phoenix's closest friend, who he'd pretty much die for, and is shown throughout the series to actually pine and mope in her absence, suddenly inexplicably ceases to exist less than 2 months after the end of game 3? In the credits of 3-5, she not only says she'll keep being his assistant, but also that she's going to keep looking after him. She wouldn't just abandon him or cease to exist. And if he was on trial for murder (like 4-1), she'd be there to support him. Her seeming absence from such critical events in Phoenix's life is inexplicable with regards to everything we ever saw of her character, their friendship, or the events of the games.

See, that's the end we got for her character in 3-5. Keep being Assistant Manager of Wright and Co., also be Kurain Master, and most importantly, keep looking after Phoenix. 'Phoenix got disbarred' is not anything which could explain away that last point.

Now, it's obvious nobody demands her to be brought back in the same capacity as game 1-3, we just need this important plothole rectified. A cameo or maybe help out Apollo with something or other. The Kurain Master can be a pretty powerful position, mind you.

I felt they hadn't decided what they would do with the Fey family, since whatever they do must be well-written enough so as not to piss of either the new or the old fans.

..........bark?

Location: Paris, France (yeah i'm a frenchie, get over it... ^^)

I believe that a new improved and more mature maya, fully grown master of the kurain village would be a great character, plus, a case taking place in kurain, where one of the disciples of the kurain technique would be convicted for murder would be more than likely to happen, since who would maya call in need of a lawyer than nick's disciple ? Pearl would be a good defendant I think.
Objection your honor ! Capcom is FAR to slow in the making of Gyakuten saiban 5 !

The Real Human Being

Spoiler: More Memes

Maya should be in GS5, I actually haven't played GS4 because she was missing from it.

Damn you Capcom! Don't turn into Crapcom! Bring Maya back!

Mmmm... Chicken.

Domaya wrote:

Bawwing like that from fans is what got us Fobo: The REAL main character in AJ - the one who stole the show from the person who's supposed to be the protagonist in the first place. Putting him in there is what started the whole whine fest in the first place.

Now that he's there, everyone wants the whole entourage too.

When you actually look at it, it's the fans' fault that Capcom did what it did in the first place: They whined and whined until Capcom finally caved and put in Phoenix.

And we can see how well that turned out.

Though I would have to say I wanna see Maya again for the reason stated above. :/

Last edited by DJCruithne on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mmmm... Chicken.

[IGNORE, DOUBLE POST]

Last edited by DJCruithne on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This time I'll be bulletproof.

I think they should bring back the whole PW series. Not that I dislike Polly, he's just..Mrpmf. And I wanna know more about what happened to everyone after 3-5. Too fast ending, if you ask me. (AND NO PxM YUSSSSHHHH!!!)

I guess they'll bring her back. I can feel it.
I'm not using CR anymore.

Mostly human

I personally do not think they should reintroduce Maya. Especially as a main character which seems to be suggested here.
Reintroducing Maya would open the floodgates, people would ask, if Maya gets in the game why not Edgeworth? Where is Pearl? etc. We've seen through the release of perfect prosecutor that capcom are willing to listen to fan demands. Soon enough it would not really be Apollo's arc at all, and just be Phoenix Wright and chums.
I'm fine for cameos, but no more scene stealing old characters.

DJCruithne wrote:
Bawwing like that from fans is what got us Fobo: The REAL main character in AJ - the one who stole the show from the person who's supposed to be the protagonist in the first place. Putting him in there is what started the whole whine fest in the first place.

Now that he's, everyone wants the whole entourage too.

When you actually look at it, it's the fans' fault that Capcom did what it did in the first place: They whined and whined until Capcom finally caved and put Phoenix.

We need Maya to make a cameo or turn up in the context of Phoenix. Of course, with the kind of precedents we got in game 4 for Phoenix and Ema, bringing her back as an actual main without adequate attention to the character might not work as well as we might hope:

'Unbeknownst to us all, just 2 months after 3-5, it was all in vain as Morgan Fey (executed) , had herself channeled by some 3rd party and gave Maya acquired brain injury. Due to reduced mental and physical capacity, she had to give up being Kurain Master and can only work at McDonalds (or some equivalent low-grade ramen chain), her new catchphrase being 'Would you like fries with that?''
;_;

I'd say the appearance of Maya should be kind of like Franziska or Edgeworth appearing in 3-5. They didn't 'take over' the entire games or radically change, but it was important development tying in with their main stories in the previous games and showing their ongoing connection to Phoenix (Edgeworth especially, Franzy was more about character growth from game 2 and that her experience was not in vain)

Now, I'm not sure we have evidence that it was direct 'fan whining' which made them cave in to put in Phoenix in GS4. Seemed more like the marketing department. Besides, GS5 is different. Game 4 was a 'new' arc but now Phoenix has been brought back, so the need for chars closely related to him has been set. It's like the level of ridiculousness if Edgeworth just was never mentioned again in game 2 after game 1.

Stepladder Vendor

RandomJibberish wrote:

I'm sorry, what exactly happened in the hospital? I think I missed that.

I wouldn't mind a cameo by Maya.

Edgewood her.

Mmmm... Chicken.

[IGNORE]

OBJECTION!

Bring maya back ! She was so good in the phoenix wright part of ace attorny and trucy is all ways asking nick when she is getting a new mummy! :minuki:

What is my liiiife?!?

I'm sure everyone knows my 'Fanpleasing leads to crap games' theory, so I won't post it again here. XD

Thing is, most peoples friends change over the years, and seven years is a pretty long time. But because it's a game people won't settle for stuff that happens in reality, they want a fictional traditional happy sappy ending. (Which goes back to what Icer and many other people want with Nick's closure; I personally think it's pretty realistic that Nick's life went to pot, it can happen to the best of us.)

AtheistMessiah wrote:
RandomJibberish wrote:

They were talking about Steel Samurai/etc DVDs and Apollo asked Phoenix who sent them to him.
He was just like "this 'kid' keeps sending them to me."
And Apollo was like "Nephew? Niece?"
And that was it.

ARU.

I'm tired of so many bad things happening to Kurain Village, but that's a personal opinion. And to be honest, I'd rather not have PxM just happen. Not only because I'm PxI, but because that would be too fast for comfort--and that goes for any pairing from "the past". You may argue that during parts we don't see Nick, he's still in touch with his old friends. Fine, but don't have them suddenly tagging along with him everywhere he goes. Because we should all know by now how Phoenix isn't the best "people-person" anymore.

I did get a rather weird idea though. What if it was Phoenix's birthday? That would be a childish excuse to have them (being Maya, Edgeworth maybe, Larry, new friends from the 7 years, etc.) come over to Wright Anything Agency for a short while, but... *shrug* Background characters you can examine? Or maybe text boxes show up (with their names?), as they blab on and on.

... I really don't know where that came from.
ImageImageImageImage

no, nothing

no she really shouldn't

Stepladder Vendor

Yuanfang wrote:
AtheistMessiah wrote:
RandomJibberish wrote:

They were talking about Steel Samurai/etc DVDs and Apollo asked Phoenix who sent them to him.
He was just like "this 'kid' keeps sending them to me."
And Apollo was like "Nephew? Niece?"
And that was it.

Interesting...

Edgewood her.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

The problem with bringing back characters "just to know they're there" is that there's no end to it. If Maya showed up in GS5 but not GS6 people would be asking "What happened to her?" all over again. And like someone else said, if there's Maya, why isn't there Pearl? If there's Pearl, why not Edgeworth? If there's Edgeworth, what about Gumshoe and Franziska? You can't take time out of an already text-heavy game to list off every character people might wonder about and relate how they're doing in every new game that's going to come out.

"Maya stepped up and became the Kurain master" is a beautiful ending to Maya's role. I'm very happy thinking that Maya discovered her latent maturity and gave up cheerleading for Nick to have actual responsibility and look after her own family and duties first. The DVD tip indicates they're still in close contact even if she's not there all the time, which as far as I'm concerned is how things should be.

If she absolutely HAD to come back, I would want it to be at a time when Phoenix is not around, so that she and Apollo could form an acquaintance separate from him, but judging from what the people who actually want Maya to come back are saying, that might defeat the point.
ImageImage

Croik wrote:
The problem with bringing back characters "just to know they're there" is that there's no end to it. If Maya showed up in GS5 but not GS6 people would be asking "What happened to her?" all over again. And like someone else said, if there's Maya, why isn't there Pearl?

"Maya stepped up and became the Kurain master" is a beautiful ending to Maya's role. I'm very happy thinking that Maya discovered her latent maturity and gave up cheerleading for Nick to have actual responsibility and look after her own family and duties first. The DVD tip indicates they're still in close contact even if she's not there all the time, which as far as I'm concerned is how things should be.

Yeah, but you're biased in that you didn't like Maya to start with, so you were happy to get a depiction in GS4 which was closer to your preferred head-canon that the actual canon ending we got for her in 3-5. The fact stands that many fans liked Maya better than you do and, more importantly, is the fact that game 4 is contradictory to the scenario given for her in 3-5, less than 2 months earlier - and absolutely no alternate explanation is given as to changes, so any theories we make aren't actually supported by anything in the games.
Spoiler: 3-5
Maya:I'll really have to work extra hard now!
Maya:Master of Kurain and the office manager of Wright & Co. Law Offices.
Maya:And I have to be a good big sister to Pearly and Nick, too!
<she's not about to leave him floundering, even if he's disbarred. She intended to look after him. And there's no explanation why she's not there in the flashback.

You don't like Maya, but let's hypothetically treat another character with the same style of regard:

GS5 - TRUCY WRIGHT - Ace Attorney

Trucy: Hi! I'm a new attorney! (I just passed the bar exam and here's my new shiny badge!)
Phoenix: My baby girl is all grown up and a lawyer! And at such a young age [16] too! I'm so proud *sniffle*
Maya: Congratulations, Trucy! I don't think we've had any lawyers working here since Nick got disbarred, have we.
[Thalassa enters]
Thalassa: Ah! I never dreamed my only child would grow up to be a lawyer!
Trucy: Daddy, what's that DVD you're watching? Looks like some law show.
Phoenix: Oh, this kid keeps sending them to me. What does he do again.. work at McDonalds?
Trucy: He's not a lawyer?
Phoenix: No, something made him quit 2 months later.. I think.. I don't care...
Trucy: Isn't that that case with the Gavin brothers? I wish I had a brother! (I'd treat him better than that.)
Phoenix: I'm sorry, Trucy, I never could find you one.
Maya: Don't worry, Pearly said she wanted to be your sister
Trucy: Yay!
Well, off to meet my first client!

et al...

And saying Maya did nothing but 'cheerleading' is kind of like saying Apollo did nothing but stand there with his badge and flap his mouth open and shut. Which we both know isn't true.

People would only need to know 'where's Maya' yet again in GS6 if she wasn't handled correctly in GS5. For example, if Phoenix had only had a limited role in game 4 with less impact on his 3-5 life,, then we would not have needed additional information about Maya since her canon ending wouldn't have been so contradicted. If what is shown as her in GS5 isn't rendered contradictory by extreme turmoil in GS6, then we can still assume that things are similar to GS5 and not need her appearance for additional information.

Sure some people will probably demand to see more old chars but bringing back Maya is reasonable in that she was such a fundamental character to Phoenix (who was returned to this arc - if they didn't want to have to return old chars, they shouldn't have punched holes in the floodgates by returning Phoenix) and that her canon 3-5 ending was so obviously rendered obsolete. There isn't much to justify someone like Pearl, since her life wouldn't be significantly different from our viewpoint whether or not game 4 had happened - she was a frequently recurring character, but frequently also left to her own unspecified life offscreen in Kurain, and as a child doesn't have much specified life activity except 'grow up and train as a spirit medium[?]' which would be unchanged by anything we see in game 4.

I will be really mad if Maya isn't in the 5th game.
:zenitora:

The evidence of literature's decline.

DJCruithne wrote:
Domaya wrote:

Now that he's there, everyone wants the whole entourage too.

When you actually look at it, it's the fans' fault that Capcom did what it did in the first place: They whined and whined until Capcom finally caved and put in Phoenix.

And we can see how well that turned out.

Though I would have to say I wanna see Maya again for the reason stated above. :/

No, APOLLO is what got us Fobo. If Capcom had just, oh, I don't know, remembered how people generally react to a spotlight-stealing younger character- Scrappy-Doo, for instance, who became one of the most reviled characters in television, to the point of being the VILLAIN of the film adaptation- they would have come to their senses and made an actual fourth Phoenix Wright game as opposed to AJ:AA.

Croik wrote:
If she absolutely HAD to come back, I would want it to be at a time when Phoenix is not around, so that she and Apollo could form an acquaintance separate from him, but judging from what the people who actually want Maya to come back are saying, that might defeat the point.

Heh, somebody is afraid of Phoenix x Maya canon-ness. :P

Phoenix is the one who's supposed to introduce Maya to Apollo in the first place.
We need only a very short dialog, just to let us know how Maya is doing as a Master after 8 years, and how is she still in a close relationship with Phoenix. They don't even need to make PxM more canon than in 3-5.
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps