Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

So what if this were a Mia game? (PW1, 2, and 3 spoilers)Topic%20Title

We could see not only more of Young Mia, who has X amount of time between 3-1 and 1-1, but also possible cameos. For instance, it would be easy to make the main enemy Manfred von Karma and explore more of his past. Additionally, we could see a sidekick role in Grossberg...And some witness cameos. Like, young Wendy? Or maybe a younger Turner Grey testifying?

And there's always the possibility of a Pearl-esque Maya popping up.

Honestly, I would love to see this game. I can only hope that GS5 is Mia. >_>
Re: So what if this were a Mia game? (PW1, 2, and 3 spoilers)Topic%20Title

''Ob la Di Ob La Da''

That would be very fun and interesting. Though personaly I'm hoping for a second AJ first. But a Mia game in the future would be great, and it would be great to see a young oldbag :garyuu: .

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

One word: AWESOME!
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I'm gonna take the other side and say ughhhhhhhhh that's like the last thing I would want to see.

We already got to see Mia in trial in game 3. Personally I felt those were two of the weakest cases in the series and her personality holds zero interest for me. What would be the point? We've already seen the two cases that had the most emotional impact on her. She would be practicing in a time in which Edgeworth and von Karma both had perfect records, so they'd be limited in which prosecutors they could use. And even if you managed to create a dramatic story, it would still have to end with "And then she got bashed in the head and died."

I just don't see the appeal of moving that far back in the timeline at this point. Better to save it for the fangames.
ImageImage

A beautiful world indeed.

I actually thought about this. I think it would be neat, (though it would be kinda filler). Plus facing off against someone like Neil Marshall as a prosecutor would be very cool.

But yeah, I want two more Apollo games first. And with at least 50% less Phoenix.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

A game like this would be more about the fanservice and nostalgia than anything else.... :godot:

Sounds interesting. I would love some more background between Mia and Diego; perhaps showing how they first met or something. At the same time, I'd feel kinda sad playing it because you know she's gonna die...eventually. DX I felt sad when I played as Mia in T&T :larry: *sniff*

HOLD IT!

Interesting idea... but make it a spin-off, and the game doesn't need to necesarilly end with her death, it could be about, say, her third year as a DA?
(fixing top part of sig)
Many thanks to myself for the signature! PM me for requests (I can see myself going out of business already...)

Call me Ishmael.

What Croik said.

However, when the AJ arc is done, I wouldn't mind seeing a new arc with a female protagonist. :garyuu:
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

dotsdfe wrote:
We could see not only more of Young Mia, who has X amount of time between 3-1 and 1-1, but also possible cameos. For instance, it would be easy to make the main enemy Manfred von Karma and explore more of his past.

Manfred never lost, so Mia would have to lose to him. That's the problem with that one.

Mia's Sidekick: law student PHOENIX. ♥ <THIS is the best reason to make this game.

Also Diego would have to be in a case, but since Mia took no case after 3-4 till 3-1, and he was already coma'd then, Diego will have to be defense attorney and Mia sidekick.

Oldbag would still be old after 3-1....

It would be difficult to have an epic enough plot in that short time period without conflicting with GS1 and GS3, though.

Idea: the GS/GK hybrid game. (not happening, though :larry:)
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

[Words]

How old is Oldbag anyways? Like, 1,000? :eh?:

Anyways, for the reasons Croik stated, a Mia GS couldnt work, it'd be pretty disheartening to lose over and over again to Manfred and Edgeworth. Lol. Supposedly, they could just have Payne as the prosecutor for all 4-5 cases, but there's not really any sense of accomplishment in beating him, except for when he loses his hair in 3-1. Personally, I'd rather have another Apollo Justice game, where we actually see some character development with Apollo.

Well, they could invent yet another rival prosecutor...
Apollo's evil father. though I already decided Apollo's father is Gant.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

What about Neil Marshall? He's alive for a little over a year after 3-1, if I'm not mistaken.

[Words]

icer wrote:
Well, they could invent yet another rival prosecutor...
Apollo's evil father. though I already decided Apollo's father is Gant.

G-Gant? ut he should be in jail, or dead!
CAN NOT COMPREHEND.

Good point though, neo. Plus, they could also just make another prosecutor if they were doing a Mia game. Although it'd be cool to lose the ifrst case in the game to Edgeworth or Karma, and then the rest of the time Maya's struggling to improve her skills. And then the last case, she faces off against Karma on some really big case, and almost wins, but something happens (Although this has been done for 2 other cases so far) that causes the trial to be permanently ceased.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

neoswordmaster wrote:
What about Neil Marshall? He's alive for a little over a year after 3-1, if I'm not mistaken.

But wouldn't that be the time when he won the King of Prosecutor's award? If he lost 2 or 3 cases to Mia in a row, it wouldn't make any sense that he could win an award against two undefeated prosecutors. How satisfying would it be to defeat a decent guy you knew was going to be brutally murdered in a year?

I just don't see how it benefits the series to move backwards that way. We already know how all the possible relationships end, unless you add a bunch of new characters, but then you risk the 1-5 problem of "How come we don't see these people for the next XX years?"

I would love to see a female protagonist in a future AA (anything to break the "20s guy, teen girl" pattern) but returning to Mia is like beating a dead horse.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha :redd:
ImageImage

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I'm going to second Croik on this one. Mia had an excellent chance to finally show some action and personality in GS3. She stole the trailers and advertisements and was really pushed by Capcom.

When it came down to it, despite being a critical cast member, she never amounted to anything. She never challenged Delilah with dialog (Super Objection doesn't count); and didn't talk down Godot. Really, what DID she do in the Phoenix chapters? Capcom had a golden opportunity to developer her and squandered it.

If they're going to revive her as a protagonist, I want to see a REASON. 'Just because' doesn't fly, they used that card in GS3 and it amounted to nothing.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Do you see the black one...or the white?

We already see enough of Mia when she's channeled anyways. This just doesn't really do it for me. Personally, I'd like to see another AJ game with less of Phoenix hogging the spotlight.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

@ Croik

Ok, you got me there. Oh well, I so wanted to see Neil in action, but your argument has made me lose my hope.

I never really liked older-Mia, and younger Mia just seemed too samey to a begging Phoenix and Apollo. But it was the first two cases that she did so it was understandable.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Hmm, what everyone else has said rings true.... :payne:

I'd definitely like to see a new female protagonist. Hopefully she'll be just as blessed as Mia was..... :hotti:

[Words]

Hopefully she'll be as blessed as Mia was in defending clients. Perv.

Sig made by Vicki, Avi made by PA :D

Ironically enough, I brought up this possibility a few days ago in the GS5 ideas thread. Since I'm a huge Mia fan, I would honestly love to see a Mia Fey: AA. If it's all right, I'd like to copy/paste the ideas I had from the GS5 ideas thread:

WittyVitale wrote:
Though I'm sure there's no way in hell this will happen, I would love if GS5 were a prequel to the Phoenix Wright trilogy. More specifically, I'd love it to be Mia Fey: Ace Attorney. It could take place after the events of 3-1 and follow her growing career as a defense attorney. She was lauded in the first Phoenix Wright game as being one of the best lawyers in the country, and I'm interested in seeing how she attained that title. Also:

Spoiler: possible 3-4 3-5 spoilers
Even though Diego's already in a coma by the time this would take place, I would really love to see some Miego in a game like this. Maybe there could be some flashbacks during the cases where Mia remembers bits and pieces of her relationship with Diego before he "died." And perhaps, at one point, we could have a heartrending visit to the hospital where Diego is sleeping :larry: It'll never happen, but it'd be cool if it did.

However, people in this thread have made good points as to why it wouldn't completely work. Chances are it'd be better off as a fangame like Croik said. Or a fanfic. Or some kind of fan-made media. Besides, like dullahan said, I'd really prefer an Apollo Justice game that actually focuses on Apollo. The new female defense attorney idea is a good one too, but I'd really prefer Apollo.

Moving on up!

Yaragorm wrote:

I'd definitely like to see a new female protagonist. Hopefully she'll be just as blessed as Mia was..... :hotti:

You mean her life will also be ended tragically because she got to close to the truth. By a man who blackmailed her mother? That's just cruel.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Gettin' Old!

Lunaria42 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

You mean her life will also be ended tragically because she got to close to the truth. By a man who blackmailed her mother? That's just cruel.

I think due to the :hotti: he meant well endowed.

Anyway I'd rather it wasn't.

Got nothing against Mia but I'd like to see more of Apollo and would be disappointed if Capcom didn't make another Apollo Justice game.

To me if they fell back on a Mia game it would symbolise Capcom's failure to break away from the bonds of the past. I mean that may already be interpreted from Nick dominating the first AJ. However for me it'd be like the final nail in Apollo's coffin before he sails down the river of one-offs.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Last edited by Pierre on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Words]

You mean Mia?

Moving on up!

Herr Blondie wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

I was being facetious.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Gettin' Old!

justis76 wrote:
You mean Mia?

Ack yes lemme edit.

Also my apologies I'm unsure of the meaning of facetious Lunaria.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Moving on up!

Herr Blondie wrote:
Also my apologies I'm unsure of the meaning of facetious Lunaria.

Then go look it up in the dictionary.

Like others have said, I think a Mia game would be a disservice to the franchise. I like Mia, but they had so many chances to broaden her personality, but didn't. I had fun playing her in those two T&T cases, but a full game would be really boring.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Herr Blondie wrote:

Anyway I'd rather it wasn't.

Got nothing against Mia but I'd like to see more of Apollo and would be disappointed if Capcom didn't make another Apollo Justice game.

To me if they fell back on a Mia game it would symbolise Capcom's failure to break away from the bonds of the past. I mean that may already be interpreted from Nick dominating the first AJ. However for me it'd be like the final nail in Apollo's coffin before he sails down the river of one-offs.

Well, yeah they should finish Apollo's arc first.....but then they should start something with a female protagonist...... :udgy:

justis76 wrote:
Perv.

I know. :hotti:

Objected~!

I was thinking, how about a Mia game was "what if" scenarios... like what if she didn't die in PW1...what if Godot woke up from his coma before Mia died....etc XD

nuuuuu, stoooooop

DREWdesu wrote:
I was thinking, how about a Mia game was "what if" scenarios... like what if she didn't die in PW1...what if Godot woke up from his coma before Mia died....etc XD

Canon Nightmare....!!! :beef:

I would really prefer if they stick with one continuous timeline. If you did a What If story with Mia during the time of Phoenix's games it wouldn't make any difference, because she already shows up in almost every one of his cases. She'd have to have her own set of cases, except then it wouldn't make sense if she didn't try the cases where Maya was in trouble. You might as well just hack the rom and replace Phoenix's sprites with Mia's, and there you go, lol.
ImageImage

OBJECTION!

I agree with Croik here. Not that i dislike Mia, far from it but we've already played her important cases and know what happens to her, so if we got a Mia game we'd just be playing flashback cases (if theyre of the same timeline). What's the point?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Till the landslide brought me down...

I think a Mia game would be interesting (and I really need something to keep addicted)
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

Audere est facere.

Well, even if Mia is my favorite character, Croik's got a point, although if you involve other prosecutors, new characters and new places(obviously), it can be a fun game.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Pretty much agree with Croik. Mia had her moments in the third game. If she were in future games, they'd have to be sidecases or something, which I wouldn't mind. Besides, she has helped Phoenix win cases more than he's ever won them by himself, as far as we know.

1-1, Phoenix gives up early but thanks to Mia's "think outside the box" hint, Phoenix understands
1-2, Phoenix was screwed because he didn't look at the front of the receipt. Even then, he didn't win until Mia pretty much blackmailed White
1-3, Mia gets Cody to talk. Edgeworth also helped.
1-4, Can't remember exactly, but she did appear here. Oh, but Larry was the one that saved Edgeworth, even after the guilty verdict.
1-5, Even though Maya wasn't even part of this case, Phoenix hears Mia talk to him after Phoenix gets in a tight spot.

I realize he was just a starter here, but it did still happen in the other games. Not saying Phoenix is totally hopeless though, just that Mia saved his skins a little more than a few times. :shoe:

I hope that there could be a main series of games, :phoenix: and :odoroki:.
And spin offs for other characters, :godot: / :javado: . :lana: :damon: Mia and :grossburg: and MANNYKINS.

Gettin' Old!

Godot123 wrote:
And spin offs for other characters, :godot: / :javado: . :lana: :damon: Mia and :grossburg: and MANNYKINS.

Gant? Really?

I don't think we need Damon Gant: Ace Rapist *Shivers*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Rebirth

Pierre wrote:
Godot123 wrote:

Gant? Really?

I don't think we need Damon Gant: Ace Rapist *Shivers*

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the OP was alluding to a Lana/Damon Gant Legendary Duo game.

I'm going to revise my previous statement. I think a new lawyer in a game that takes place before the events of GS1 would be interesting, but just not as Mia. She already has her character explained, but it would be neat to see some characters that were victims later on in the series.

OBJECTION!

So it would be another spin-off?
Sounds kinda interesting.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Queen of Procrastination

Let me say this: I'D LOVE THIS!

Personally, as a main character, Mia is underdeveloped. Think about it. We got a glimpse of her personality, and whatnot. However, we only had 2 cases to play as her, and other times, she was dead. :P

I'd love to see Mia Fey from 2013-2016, a trilogy of sorts. I'd like to see harsh figures of Mia's past try to rise against her. I'd like to see her face off with Lana Skye in 2015. I'd like another clash with Bratworth (with, of course, either no verdict or another 2-4 thing).

Mia has a lot of potential. I'd like to see another Apollo game, just because he's so underdeveloped himself, but a Mia game would make me excited.
Page 1 of 2 [ 43 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps