Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Will GS5 have time to hit the DS?Topic%20Title

Pal!

I was just thinking, with the fast-approaching next-gen console, is Capcom going to bother squeezing the fifth game out for the humble DS, or skip straight to the 3DS? I know the new machine's gonna be backwards-compatible, but what if they want to wait and throw in some bizarre new 3D-related feature?

Of course, even worse would be the idea that *don't even think it* the next AA game would be on a different system altogether. I want to play the entire series on one system, dammit!
Re: Will GS5 have time to hit the DS?Topic%20Title

earthlings on fire

If they don't release it on the DS, I'm going to go down to Capcom HQ and personally punch every single staff member in the face.

Except for Shu Takumi.

See, this is why I hate companies. Sure, they give us wonderful crap, but EVERY GOD DAMN SYSTEM becomes obsolete extremely quickly. And the average person can't just go out and by a 3DS, now can they?

;_;
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Call me Ishmael.

I'd much rather see it on the 3DS to be honest.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Resident Bookworm

They might...

Then they'll do a version for the 3DS with new features. Either that or pull a Twilight Princess...

Pal!

3DS Ace Attorney? The mind boggles with what use they could actually find for the new gimmick. "It's like Apollo is pointing... AT YOUR FACE!"

Actually, it might be cool for the investigation sections; looking around and over stuff to find clues, maybe? Damn... I'm selling MYSELF on this.

Anyway, I was just worried because this month's Nintendo Magazine, in their preview of Ghost Trick (squee!) was talking about the 'last days' of the DS and the 'terminal decline' of software sales. I was like, "C'mon, guys; the 3DS isn't out for ages." Even if I could afford one, I would wanna hold off in case Nintendo pull a 3DS Lite/3DSi/3DSiXL stunt.

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

I would think that the 3DS's features would work quite well for investigations. Being able to actually look around a room rather than scrolling through it manually would be quite neat.

I guess it just depends how far they are into development.
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Cravat of Doom wrote:
the average person can't just go out and by a 3DS, now can they?

Considering that the average person is fully capable of buying systems current gen systems like the PS3, 360, DSi, etc. I don't see why a majority of the average people won't. Especially if it's released around x-mas time.

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

Personally, I think that if there is going to be a GS5, they will wait for the 3DS. As far as I've read, Capcom has been fairly vague on the subject, which could suggest that they are not very far in development. Which is understandable, as AAI was released only a few months ago. The 3DS is coming out next March, which is fairly soon as far as new consoles go. The gap between the GS games has been between 1 1/2 to 2 years on average. So it could be released around, say...end of 2011-beginning of 2012 if they keep up with that trend. By then the 3DS would definitely be out.

Temple wrote:
Even if I could afford one, I would wanna hold off in case Nintendo pull a 3DS Lite/3DSi/3DSiXL stunt.

That's a very good point. Though if there were going to be a new Ace Attorney really soon after the 3DS is released, I would DEFINITELY just go ahead and buy one. As for the 3DSiXL: Damn that'd be a LOT of letters! :keiko:

Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

I'd say

What makes you think there will be a GS5?

Franchise has had it's run, I doubt it will continue.

I can see you, from here!

Ceres wrote:

While that IS possible, it IS Capcom we're talking about. If it's a success, they're gonna milk it as much as they can. GS5 isn't that big of a stretch.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

OriginalBubs wrote:
Ceres wrote:

While that IS possible, it IS Capcom we're talking about. If it's a success, they're gonna milk it as much as they can. GS5 isn't that big of a stretch.

Exactly. Just look at Megaman!

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Come on, Apollo Justice had dozens of loose plot threads, they were definitely writing with a sequel in mind.

Phoenix's arc might be over, I would be all right if Phoenix rode off into the sunset and lawyered happily ever, but Case 4-4 was not really a fitting conclusion for Apollo Justice's story, unlike the way 1-4, 2-4, and 3-5 were all pretty satisfying endings for Phoenix Wright's story.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

Icarus wrote:
Come on, Apollo Justice had dozens of loose plot threads, they were definitely writing with a sequel in mind.

Phoenix's arc might be over, I would be all right if Phoenix rode off into the sunset and lawyered happily ever, but Case 4-4 was not really a fitting conclusion for Apollo Justice's story, unlike the way 1-4, 2-4, and 3-5 were all pretty satisfying endings for Phoenix Wright's story.

Agreed. There are enough loose ends in AJ to warrant at least one more game (though I REALLY wish Phoenix's arc were not over, but 3-5 WAS a pretty good ending). I also think they left some room for another AAI (possibly even starring Edgeworth again). They frequently mentioned the "second Yatagarasu" in it, so I can't help but think it may show up at one point.

US!

Icarus wrote:

Funnily enough... Takumi considers Ace Attorney 'complete' (He does say something like he might 'Consider' making a new game) (IE it hasn't even started yet)
Apprently from the most recent 'go nintendo' interview.... [Top news article on Ace Attorney wiki]
Therefore... answering the topic in question.
No, GS5 won't have time to hit the DS (Assuming all is correct). :kyouya:
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

I'd say

Ahahahaha

perfect timing

court-docket/ace-attorney-finished-with-apollo-justice-forum-closed-t19564.html

What is my liiiife?!?

Except that that Go-Nintendo thing was bullshittedly translated. We have no idea what the new Ace Attorney game will be, but since Mr. Takumi has no part in it anymore anything he says is suspect at best anyway.

Carry on, good people! (I think it'll be on the 3DS)

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Doesn't the re-translation say that AA probably won't be on the DS, and that they're moving on to the 3DS?

Captain Hair!

I would actually prefer that the next Ace Attorney game is 3DS-exclusive. The unique hardware would provide for some original new gameplay elements.

Objection! That was objectionable!

I personally would rather it came out on both systems. I want it on DS for selfish reasons, as I have no plans to buy a 3DS (except for the possibility of an unrelated game luring me) but in terms of gameplay and graphics (console good graphics at that!) it would make sense for that to happen as well.
MY SIG. THIS IS IT. HAPPY?

Because I Can.

I've had my trusty DS for about 3 years now...and it's a little banged up. :sadshoe:

I'm thinking about buying a DSI, but if GS5 is skipping to 3DS, that'd be a huge waste of money...Here's hoping if comes out for DS, DSI, and 3DS. If not, I will acquire the services of a certain person, that makes other people....dissapear. :shelly:
Sometimes you just have to say; What the Fudge.
Sprites|Spriting Tutorials

Because I Can.

Ceres wrote:

Actually, I'd be perfectly fine with playing as Apollo again, there are many loose ends in the plot. I'll admit, Phoenix's run is pretty much over. Also, look at all the huge franchises like Megaman, and Resident Evil. (Both Capcom, I must Add)

Spoiler:
Although....Phoenix might retake the bar exam...

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

GantStare wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I actually REALLY hope he does! I like playing as Phoenix waaaay too much. It would be neat to play some cases as Phoenix and others as Apollo...OR (spark of inspiration) have 2 cases going on at the same time (one as PW, one as AJ) and have them be tied together somehow so that they must work together to find the ultimate truth!! *cue epic music*

Because I Can.

LovelyLarxene wrote:
GantStare wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I actually REALLY hope he does! I like playing as Phoenix waaaay too much. It would be neat to play some cases as Phoenix and others as Apollo...OR (spark of inspiration) have 2 cases going on at the same time (one as PW, one as AJ) and have them be tied together somehow so that they must work together to find the ultimate truth!! *cue epic music*

That would basically DEFINE Ace Attorney, The Music would be excellent, and with the 3D effect, you could say Objection! and it would pop out!

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

GantStare wrote:
LovelyLarxene wrote:
GantStare wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That would basically DEFINE Ace Attorney, The Music would be excellent, and with the 3D effect, you could say Objection! and it would pop out!

YES!! :gant-clap2: That needs to happen!

My childhood right here

I've had my DS Lite since 3 weeks after they were released. It is a trusty system, and if GS5 is released for the 3DS then I may not get it... Aww who am I kidding. I hope that they make it for both. But they don't give the DS version the finger. It should be a slow progression to the 3DS. Not that... Screw it I sound stupid enough already

earthlings on fire

Regarding Phoenix being the protagonist-- I HIGHLY doubt that would happen, even though that would be neat... He's had his run, it's Apollo's turn now.

Another issue that would arise if GS5 were to be 3DS only is that what about the story? Would the story suffer a bit because more effort was placed on the actual mechanical elements? I felt it happened in AAI a little bit, and that was on the DS. I know Capcom is really good with storytelling, but it's a fine line to walk when given a new system.
ImageImageImage

Robo-Aly

Ffffff nevermind what I said before >.>

Anyhow, at this point it's obvious that GS5 won't be released before the 3DS comes out. It's coming out in March, right? We haven't heard any official news about it. So it's just time to sit back, wait patiently (and with some scepticism), and hope that we get a really cool game with a few 3D aspects :)

I think GS5 will come but a few months after the 3DS release. But it will be the final one.No more after that. I've had my DSLite for 3 years and it works fine (exept for a few little screen freezes and such) but i want to get a 3DS because of the fact it's a WHOLE NEW CONSOLE and not a "better" version of a DS. (f*ck you DSi/DSiXL u just a moneygrab) I have a feeling that unlike the death of GameBoy Advance (that died slowly,I find) The DS will just die.No slow process.Just BAM.No more DS.
GK is different though. I think they will make at least 2 more (or strech it a bit and make 3) One more for Edgey,then I think it would be cool to dive into Mia and Diego's past with GK. Franny would be nice too...

*starts daydreaming*
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Consider this puzzle solved.

Wow, this thread is just ridiculous. It seems everyone on here is in denial. YES, NOW THAT THE 3DS IS COMING OUT, THEY ARE GOING TO STOP MAKING GAMES FOR THE DS. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE EVERY GAME FOR BOTH THE DS AND THE 3DS. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY A 3DS. Not to mention, THE DS CAME OUT IN 2004. I'm not sure why you people are saying that the DS has "become obsolete quickly" considering it's been out for 6 years.

Also, I do hope it is on the 3DS.
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Indeed. The only cases where we've seen being released on two different consoles (not including consoles from other companies) are:

1) games from movies/etc..., but generally they're different games.
2) Twilight Princess... but this one is very particular. Not only this was probably the only time such a thing happened, but also
- Nintendo had announced the game for the GameCube (and was developed as a GC game), but decided to delay it in order to coincide with the release of the Wii. Not releasing it on GC would've been a very bad move for Nintendo, Zelda being one of their flagship franchise, they just could not mess around with their fans (who didn't like the delay in the first place).
- The Wii, as far as hardware is concerned, is not really different from the GC (at all), so porting the game for the Wii sure wasn't that hard.
- It's a pretty big franchise, from a very big company, therefore there was money to make such a port.

As for GS5, there's little chance for it be released on both DS and 3DS, for the main reasons that:

-the hardware of the two consoles look quite different from each other. So porting the game from the DS to the 3DS wouldn't be so easy.
-the 3DS is scheduled to be launched before the end of the current fiscal year (that is, before the end of March, 2011), and we haven't heard anything at all about the game. We may indeed hear a bit about the game at this year TGS, but that would probably not be much more than a teaser trailer or so. And even if they did present the game, it'd be simply impossible for them to release it before the end of this year... and the only viable period after christmas would be March... which is when the 3DS is expected to be launched (at least, in the US/Europe. It may already been available in Japan by then). Anyway, we simply can't expect the game to be released before 2011 (I say 2012, but that's my own guess), so releasing a DS game while Nintendo (and Capcom, who already has quite a few 3DS in development) will be promoting their new handheld console like hell, would be the best way for it to remain in the shadows and be ignored by most people (save by the AA fanbase, which does not account for the majority, unfortunately).

If they decide to make GS5, it seems pretty obvious by now they don't have plans for the DS, but for the 3DS. If they indeed intend on making it in the first place. Also, even if they were already working on GS5 for the DS, it's pretty likely they have already decided to move to the 3DS instead. It's quite common, when a console is about to be replaced by a new one, for developers to 'move' that game onto the next console instead (like Nintendo did with that DK racing game on Wii, and Super Paper Mario, which was originally meant for the GC).

Personally, I'd also like the game to be on 3DS instead of the DS, for better graphics but mainly for new gameplay tools, such as 3D and co. Besides, I'm also planning on buying the 3DS nonetheless. Anyway, the game probably won't be released before quite a while (especially in the US), so even if you've bought the DS in the past few months, you might have enough time to save some money before the game is released... and you could always wait a bit after the game is released if you need to.
ImageImageImage

Robo-Aly

The Game Cube had only been around for 5 years when the Wii was released. GC games can be played on the Wii. No one releases GC games anymore.

This is likely what's going to happen with the 3DS (and also any series that currently run on the DS).

GameBoy Colour came out in 1998; GameBoy Advance came out in 2001; DS came out in 2004. Are GameBoy Colour or GameBoy Advance games still made(if they are, it's totally unknown to me)?

My childhood right here

Because that's one hell of a post,
@L~A the part where you said that DS to 3DS (or something like that) is wrong-ish. I didn't fully understand exactly what you meant, but this is what I got out of it. The DS games will most likely stop bring produced, as games going from the DS to the 3DS would be difficult to pull off. Is this correct? If so I will continue.

To the Batmobile!

I would go for a 3DS if I had one or if it had ridiculously cool features.

But other than that

I WANT IT ON DS, DAMMIT.
DragonsWebsite[closed]
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me

Consider this puzzle solved.

xFlame990 wrote:

But other than that

I WANT IT ON DS, DAMMIT.

-3-D without glasses
-Motion sensor
-Gyro sensor
-3-D camera
-Analogue stick

If you don't think those are "ridiculously cool features"... well I just wonder what you DO think are.
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Time for you to sleep.

Don't forget the power of a Gamecube.

As a consumer with a loose knowledge of technology and marketing, I highly doubt GS5 will be on DS. Apart from PS2, games being released on outdated consoles just doesn't happen anymore.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

My childhood right here

Electroboy wrote:

As a consumer with a loose knowledge of technology and marketing, I highly doubt GS5 will be on DS. Apart from PS2, games being released on outdated consoles just doesn't happen anymore.

Dammit! So my limited edition Pikachu Gamebou Advance is obsolete? And won't sell well? FFFFFUUUUUUU-

earthlings on fire

Electroboy wrote:

Lol, that's a good one. :gant: Though I did love the Gamecube...

I've changed my mind; I want it on the 3DS. Seeing the about the 3DS article in Nintendo Power made me really excited... :D
ImageImageImage

To the Batmobile!

Mask*DeMasque wrote:
xFlame990 wrote:

But other than that

I WANT IT ON DS, DAMMIT.

-3-D without glasses
-Motion sensor
-Gyro sensor
-3-D camera
-Analogue stick

If you don't think those are "ridiculously cool features"... well I just wonder what you DO think are.

Yes, but no guarantee I'll have one when it comes out, or one at all, really.
My mom doesn't let me buy a lot of things. :<
DragonsWebsite[closed]
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me

Steel Turnabout wrote:
@L~A the part where you said that DS to 3DS (or something like that) is wrong-ish. I didn't fully understand exactly what you meant, but this is what I got out of it. The DS games will most likely stop bring produced, as games going from the DS to the 3DS would be difficult to pull off. Is this correct? If so I will continue.

Not really. I was referring to the hope some people have for GS5 to be released on both DS and 3DS, and I used Zelda TP as reference. In a nutshell, I explained that this would not definitely not happen, because there'd some more work (and moneyz, of course) involved in doing so. The reason why is that the 3DS hardware seems much more different from the DS than the Wii is from the GC, and that Capcom would probably not chose to do so. As I said, it would cost them more money and time than just developing it directly on the 3DS. It's quite likely they decided develop GS5 directly on the 3DS, instead of developing it on DS.

I never talked about DS games not being produced anymore because 'games going from the DS to the 3DS would be difficult to pull off'. (I hope I answered your question, as I'm not quite sure of what you meant at first).
ImageImageImage

My childhood right here

L~A wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Not really. I was referring to the hope some people have for GS5 to be released on both DS and 3DS, and I used Zelda TP as reference. In a nutshell, I explained that this would not definitely not happen, because there'd some more work (and moneyz, of course) involved in doing so. The reason why is that the 3DS hardware seems much more different from the DS than the Wii is from the GC, and that Capcom would probably not chose to do so. As I said, it would cost them more money and time than just developing it directly on the 3DS. It's quite likely they decided develop GS5 directly on the 3DS, instead of developing it on DS.

I never talked about DS games not being produced anymore because 'games going from the DS to the 3DS would be difficult to pull off'. (I hope I answered your question, as I'm not quite sure of what you meant at first).

Ok. That did answer my question
Page 1 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps