Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

A poll for ApolloTopic%20Title

Call me James

Hiya! :wave: Well, it's been a while since I've visited the awesomeness that is Court-Records, so I thought I'd actually do something since this is the second time I've logged on after a bit away to come back to something amazing and epic :redd:

A number of scenarios about what possibly could be up with Apollo in GS5.

1. He has been written out of Ace Attorney.
2. He appears, but plays a minor role throughout the game.
3. He only appears in the final case, playing a minor role.
4. He only appears in the final case, and plays a large role.
5. He doesn't appear in character, but allusions are made to him, that proves he still exists.

Choose, my friends. What would YOU like to happen to our poor little protagonist? :snackood:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: A poll for ApolloTopic%20Title

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Hiya! :wave: Well, it's been a while since I've visited the awesomeness that is Court-Records, so I thought I'd actually do something since this is the second time I've logged on after a bit away to come back to something amazing and epic :redd:

5. He doesn't appear in character, but allusions are made to him, that proves he still exists.

Choose, my friends. What would YOU like to happen to our poor little protagonist? :snackood:

He had to change his identity and is the mysterious new character :P Why has he gone undercover? Shock...

As for Apollo in GS5 generally and comments I've seen thinking he disappeared etc: Um, seriously, this is a lot like an early AAI 'release'. They showed Edgeworth and a new character 'key girl' as we called her. Then further info of what chars (both old and new) would turn up gradually came out. So I don't know why people are thinking Apollo won't be a main again. For all you know we even play as him for some case/s, it's not like it's unprecedented...

1. is dumb unless they did a full-scale retcon, which is unlikely if it's set a year after GS4. A retcon would NOT be set at that time but in the past, therefore there's no retcon. I'm hoping that Apollo has his own law practice and gets to be a competent char on his own, instead of being Phoenix's puppet. I seriously think he needs the independence. Ummmm from the other options, all I can say is it depends how well it's implemented, really...
I don't know, is Takumi working on this one? If he isn't I think they're less likely to dig up the Gramarye plot/s and make up a new thing.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Call me James

From what I've read, Takumi was/is still busy on the crossover, so nope :phoenix: He's not going to be working on GS5. Well, not as the main guy behind it, apparently.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I somewhat doubt Apollo will be a main, even secondary main. That was GS3's selling point. I don't get that feel from this game.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

I would have liked Apollo as the main character, but clearly that didn't happen. I'm hoping he gets a large role, but I highly, highly doubt it. He'll probably be given the same treatment Phoenix was given in AAI: brief vague mentions. With Eshiro involved, I bet this game is going to be complete fanservice with old characters and all of the previous AJ cast is ignored. Capcom is trying really hard to make fans "forgot" about Apollo, so I'll be surprised if he gets anything more than a mention. Meh.

Wooster wrote:
I somewhat doubt Apollo will be a main, even secondary main. That was GS3's selling point. I don't get that feel from this game.

But of course not. Apollo was GS4's thing. Playing as Mia was the marketing hook for GS3 because it was new. They're not going to unveil the magic new Apollo, they show an Exciting New Char.
Besides, isn't Phoenix copying Apollo, what with the strange front hair spike (only one because he's the first character) and the waistcoat?
Eh okay, at this point I expect him to make a major occurrence larger than a cameo, even if you don't play as him. But since this is about voting for what we want, not speculating on what might happen, I've derailed the topic. :sadshoe:
Quote:
He'll probably be given the same treatment Phoenix was given in AAI: brief vague mentions.

"That red suit guy. The other red suit guy, not the magenta one." We can't mention names....

I hope not, that would be stupid.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Call me James

Oh hey, now :maya: Speculation is fine. GS5 is big news, so I can't very well expect you to not think about other possibilities, can I? :sillytrucy:

icer wrote:

Well, Capcom's been all kinds of stupid lately...

Call me James

Colour wrote:
icer wrote:

Well, Capcom's been all kinds of stupid lately...

At least Capcom USA has been. The worst thing is that they don't seem to learn from it :udgy:

I hope he and Trucy appear and have at least major roles. Their plot was left really open on the ending of AA4. They should also stop creating so many characters without giving proper outcomes to older ones. I mean, after both AAI's it would be nice if those characters at least influenced AA5's plot.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Moving this to the GS5 area (since whoamygod, it finally has use after five years!)

I honestly don't know what they'll do with Apollo. Phoenix seems to still have Trucy's locket, which suggests they'll be around somehow (it'd be sort of odd to have the main character's design refer to a character that never shows up beyond a vague reference) but to what degree I have no idea. Probably he'll show up near the end.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I pick.2. Because I dont need him to be a playable character, but I want him in the same role as phoenix in GS4, not in terms of authority or anything but just in terms of screentime.

The other thing is that a lot of the internet has a low opinion on Eshiro's Investigations series, which I dont understand too much. Yes, characters made appearances every five minutes, but that was a symptom of the game itself, not the design. When GS4 came out, there was a lot of "wait what about this character where are they we should see them" so they took the opportunity to add a bunch of that into the game.
But what I really like about it was it was the first AA in a long time that didnt get so caught up in characters so much and offered some spur of the moment, not related to the characters murders you had to solve. Granted, i like the huge story arcs and character development in the main series, but AAI gave us something the main series cant anymore. And I bet Eshiro will be great at coming up with the big arcs too.

I was just thinking though, what if apollos story mirrored phoenixs in this game. Remember the flashback case in GS4. It says phoenix returns to court to fulfill a promise. Could Apollo have been screwed over or killed in court somehow and phoenix goes back to make it right? Does that mean a possible flashback case with apollo could occur? As in (like phoenix) not long enough to advertise him ad a playable character but a small two part trial?

Not saying I want it to happen that way, just saying its possible.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I seriously doubt it will be 1. or 5. but 2-4 seem very likely. Personally, I'd like to be able to play as him once, and if not then I would like to see that he's doing well as a lawyer by himself.

Last edited by meur123 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mission Accomplished

I think option 5 is the most likely, but I'd prefer option 2.

Personally I'd like a combination of 2 and 4. For most of the game Apollo and Trucy just sort of go in and out. Maybe they're hanging out in the office when you go there, but don't have much to do with the actual cases, or maybe they're kind of involved in the second case but not at all involved in the first or third. Then during the final case they get something legitimate to do, maybe Apollo even gets to do one of the court days like Edgeworth did in T&T.

In all honesty though, I think 2 is the most likely to actually happen. It would be weird for Trucy to be completely absent, and I feel as though if she appears Apollo will too. But I don't think they'll do anything major with them. I'm a little afraid that they might go with #5 and just say something like "Apollo and Trucy have gone to visit their mother in Europe".

Has Apollo officially been ruled out of the game or is this fan speculation? For all we know, this could be another Trials and Tribulations, where the first case (and another one) is played by an entirely different character (Mia).

Reimitsurugi wrote:
Has Apollo officially been ruled out of the game or is this fan speculation? For all we know, this could be another Trials and Tribulations, where the first case (and another one) is played by an entirely different character (Mia).

He hasn't been completely ruled out- That's what we're all making guesses about. So far all we know is that Phoenix is the protagonist, and therefore Apollo is not. A lot of people are afraid that they're going to try and sweep Polly under the rug since he wasn't all that popular. But we're all just guessing from there.

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
Reimitsurugi wrote:

He hasn't been completely ruled out- That's what we're all making guesses about. So far all we know is that Phoenix is the protagonist, and therefore Apollo is not. A lot of people are afraid that they're going to try and sweep Polly under the rug since he wasn't all that popular. But we're all just guessing from there.

For all we know, this could be Capcom marketing the game as a return for Phoenix, when in reality, the rest of the game you play as Apollo. It happened with Metal Gear Solid 2 (you started playing as Snake and then you shifted to Raiden for the rest of the game). Back to Capcom, they promoted Operate Shooting Star as a crossover between Megaman Battle Network and the Starforce series when, in reality, it was a remake of the first game.

In summation:
There is still hope for a miracle to come. *snort*

Reimitsurugi wrote:
In summation:

Everyone knows the miracle never happen.

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
Reimitsurugi wrote:
In summation:

Everyone knows the miracle never happen.

Should have used the Apollo version on the new banner. :v

The miracle finally happen...

Expecting 1 and 5, but hoping that he gets a large role in all cases. If he gets as much screen time as Phoenix did in AA4, then we can finally call AA5 Apollo's game.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Could Apollo have been screwed over or killed in court somehow and phoenix goes back to make it right?

That got me thinking, what if there were people in court when the bomb set off? Specifically, Apollo...

Quote:
That got me thinking, what if there were people in court when the bomb set off? Specifically, Apollo...

If that DOES happen, expect *insert two capital letters here*-*insert a number here* (IE-1) to be center plot for the rest of the cases.

Reimitsurugi wrote:
Quote:

If that DOES happen, expect *insert two capital letters here*-*insert a number here* (IE-1) to be center plot for the rest of the cases.

It would be really dark, but then again, the theme of the game is Dark Days in Law.

And the main games have gotten darker and darker with each one. It would be good to see a really serious, Law & Order style case once in a while, as long as the trademark humor isn't lost entirely. Some of the best Law & order episodes back in the day were the ones where they partners would get shot/killed and the other guys would have to deal with it. It created a lot of characterization for other-wise flat characters. (Ace Attorney has TONS of characterization but this would enable some serious plot/character changes for the characters, and would get Phoenix to come down from his "Always Happy Sweatshirt Stubble" Personality and get serious. Apollo getting killed would be super dark, but if they make Phoenix getting vengence/justice the main motivation of the game it could be warranted and wouldn't feel over the top.

If they kill him off, and only give it 5 minutes, then it wouldn't really work.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Quote:
It would be really dark, but then again, the theme of the game is Dark Days in Law.

They also emphasized this on a recent interview, so yeah, the game is getting darker.

Quote:
And the main games have gotten darker and darker with each one.

They certainly have.

Quote:
as long as the trademark humor isn't lost entirely.

I think the purpose of filler cases is to try some other things out.

Quote:
and would get Phoenix to come down from his "Always Happy Sweatshirt Stubble" Personality and get serious.

Right, they can't just discard Nick's serious and cryptic personality from AJ. :lana:

Quote:
Apollo getting killed would be super dark,

And would annoy the fanbase, so it'd be VERY farfetched.

Quote:
but if they make Phoenix getting vengence/justice the main motivation of the game it could be warranted and wouldn't feel over the top.

I think this was touched on Turnabout Sisters, but only a bit.

Quote:
Right, they can't just discard Nick's serious and cryptic personality from AJ. :lana:

My description of AJ Phoenix was wrong haha. What I meant about Phoenix was that the confidence and the "everything is under control" attitude he has has to be shaken up in order to make the return work.

Quote:

Yeah, I agree that it wown't happen, but since we were talking about it this is how, if they were to do it, it should be done.

Quote:
I think this was touched on Turnabout Sisters, but only a bit.

But you're right it has been covered in 1-2. Although they could play that into it. The failure of another person close to him dying creates the guilt which motivates him.

But as you said, it's not actually going to happen. Just throwing ideas out. ;)

Quote:
What I meant about Phoenix was that the confidence and the "everything is under control" attitude he has has to be shaken up in order to make the return work.

His entire career was tarnished by one simple mistake, so he decided to take things serious and patiently. I assume he'll keep his eyes open to prevent another disbarment.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree that it wown't happen, but since we were talking about it this is how, if they were to do it, it should be done.

Mmhmm, it's fun to speculate/hypothesize.

The Chords of Steel

Hopefully he plays a main role. I mean come on! He needs more development and to sweep under the rug his story just like that is really lame.

Charlieboy90 wrote:
Hopefully he plays a main role. I mean come on! He needs more development and to sweep under the rug his story just like that is really lame.

Totally! If Phoenix is the main character Apollo has to somehow have a big impact on the plot of the game. Or at least be present a lot of the time.

The Chords of Steel

The reason why i'm still rooting for Apollo to appear is because they gave him new character art at the 10 anniversary event, they played the Guilty Love theme and the big red 5 on the title..maybe it means nothing but at least is something.

hmmmmm...you know I dont mind having him as a co-council for twice.....wonder how would things be if such situation were to come true...

Charlieboy90 wrote:
The reason why i'm still rooting for Apollo to appear is because they gave him new character art at the 10 anniversary event, they played the Guilty Love theme and the big red 5 on the title..maybe it means nothing but at least is something.

Yeah the big red 5 was the thing for me too. When it was announced a lot of people thought it was a Phoenix & Apollo game based on the Blue text and the Red 5. It could just be a stylistic choice, but the fact that GS2 and 3 used orange/yellow (I'm color blind so I can't tell) numbers might mean something.

I bet we'll have a better idea about it after the TGS video/demonstration (I doubt he'll be in the playable part, as that no doubt is the first case). But knowing the TGS videos for the serious they will likely give us a bunch of info. And the characters will be wearing sunglasses.

Surf's Up!

Professor Yoshi wrote:

I'd be happy with either #1 or #5 (although, I suppose #2 would be acceptable).

Reimitsurugi wrote:
Quote:
Apollo getting killed would be super dark,

I wouldn't be annoyed...

(As you may have guessed, I'm not exactly a fan of Apollo...) :delilah-hair:

NinjaMonkey wrote:
(As you may have guessed, I'm not exactly a fan of Apollo...) :delilah-hair:

Your use of the Dahlia smiley sends a chill down my spine. *shrugs*

Just a random passerby

ADA McCoy wrote:
Quote:

And the main games have gotten darker and darker with each one. It would be good to see a really serious, Law & Order style case once in a while, as long as the trademark humor isn't lost entirely. Some of the best Law & order episodes back in the day were the ones where they partners would get shot/killed and the other guys would have to deal with it. It created a lot of characterization for other-wise flat characters. (Ace Attorney has TONS of characterization but this would enable some serious plot/character changes for the characters, and would get Phoenix to come down from his "Always Happy Sweatshirt Stubble" Personality and get serious. Apollo getting killed would be super dark, but if they make Phoenix getting vengence/justice the main motivation of the game it could be warranted and wouldn't feel over the top.

If they kill him off, and only give it 5 minutes, then it wouldn't really work.

This is exactly what I'm afraid is going to happen. Yeah, It would make a good storyline, and give Phoenix a good motivation/reason for coming for coming back. However, these things could be done without killing Apollo as well.
I don't want Apollo to die. Although hearing some of these answers gives me some hope.

I want 3 or 4 but I'd think it will be 1,2,or 5. 3 has a small chance of happening(I'd say 1/10). 4 has very little chance of happening (about 1/100)

Other people that I feel could be potential victims are Trucy, Klavier and even Winston Payne. I don't want to see Trucy die. Winston Payne could be interesting and give "Dark Payne" more motivation to prosecute, but he'd be the least likely person on this list to die. Klavier.... actually last I checked he was more hated than Apollo. I'd say that Half the fanbase would be sad/angry and half would like/love it.

Of course, all of this is just my speculation though.

rydus65 wrote:
Other people that I feel could be potential victims are Trucy, Klavier and even Winston Payne. I don't want to see Trucy die. Winston Payne could be interesting and give "Dark Payne" more motivation to prosecute, but he'd be the least likely person on this list to die. Klavier.... actually last I checked he was more hated than Apollo. I'd say that Half the fanbase would be sad/angry and half would like/love it.

Of course, all of this is just my speculation though.

It would be a really dark twist to kill off Trucy. Apollo or Klavier would be emitional, but the games have had victims in their twenties before (although none as close to the audience). Killing off Trucy would (unless I'm forgetting someone) be the first case of a minor dying in the series. Besides that, the main reason I don't think they'd kill her is that Phoenix would seem heartless if he were anything but heart broken and depressed after losing his daughter. And that would kind of rain on the games trademark sense of humor.

I'd have loved to see Apollo as the protagonist again because he's adorable, but Phoenix IS my favorite character, so I can't exactly complain (:

Personally, I feel like either Trucy, Apollo, or Klavier getting killed off would be waaayyy too dark for this series. The last time we had an actual MAJOR character die was way back in the first game with Mia (unless I'm forgetting someone?). And I agree with Beautiful_Blue - a teenage girl dying wouldn't be funny at all, and there wouldn't be anything left for Phoenix to do except grieve. ouch, my heart just broke a little while I was thinking about it. )': I sort of feel that way about Apollo and Klavier too. Apollo's death would just feel out-of-place because he was such an energetic, positive character. And I personally doubt we'll see that much of Klavier in this game... it sort of felt like his story arc was over at the end of AJ:AA. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot more of Kristoph...

I really can't imagine that Apollo wouldn't be a large part of the game, though. I mean, didn't they say it was a direct continuation of the AJ storyline? (One year later, at least.) Trucy's got to be involved somehow, and where there's Trucy, there's Apollo. Probably a few more Gramaryes too.

hey, no matter what happens with our spunky lil Apollo, I'm just thrilled to see Phoenix wearing something a bit sharper-looking than those sweatpants. Though I hope we do get more than just a mention of the Chords of Steel.
Kay, you might want to tone the ruffling down a bit.

{tumblr:} edgequill • {twitter:} edgequill • {Ao3:} edgequill

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Okay, let me tell you something.

Apollo's story is not really over, but for now we have to stick with Phoenix for the, what, millionth time? I couldn't even care about GS5 at all, it's like.. well, I'm getting tired of it. I really do. We played as Phoenix during three games, then as Apollo for at least one game, then as Miles for two games (one for those who haven't play GS5 at all - well, I have) and then again as Phoenix for this one game.

GS5 is a new era and this only is based on Phoenix and Phoenix alone. But yeah, I get you all when you say: "Yeah, but Apollo is the new protagonist now and Phoenix's story is over."

I totally agree with you all when you're actually trying to say this. But that alone isn't enough. Phoenix's story was long over (at the end of the 3rd game/somewhere in the middle of the 4th game) and I doubt that Apollo would give up so suddenly. I don't have anything against Phoenix at all, but it sickens me that he's still the 'superstar' of Capcom while Apollo would have been the new 'superstar'. But no, Capcom decided to be a bitch (excuse me for my language) and decided to send Phoenix off to court again. Which doesn't even make sense.

How in the world would Phoenix get his bagde back? Not even with simple, silly and small tricks would it be possible to get it back. He showed forged evidence, yes that's true and it wasn't his fault, but still. I doubt that the Judge would be so super-duper nice to say to him: "Hey, Mr. Wright you know what? Here's your badge, kick Mr. Justice out of the court and make a few cases until the game comes to an end!". Nah, not even possible that he would say that. Sure, the Judge seems like a nice man but when it's going on about forged evidence and all, then he has no understanding in that. You all saw his reaction back then in the case where Phoenix was facing Klavier. He was utterly mad at him, yet he was really angry. No doubt in it.

I feel sorry for Apollo, but under those circumstances I can't be able to play GS5.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:

Apollo's story is not really over, but for now we have to stick with Phoenix for the, what, millionth time? I couldn't even care about GS5 at all, it's like.. well, I'm getting tired of it. I really do. We played as Phoenix during three games, then as Apollo for at least one game, then as Miles for two games (one for those who haven't play GS5 at all - well, I have) and then again as Phoenix for this one game.

GS5 is a new era and this only is based on Phoenix and Phoenix alone. But yeah, I get you all when you say: "Yeah, but Apollo is the new protagonist now and Phoenix's story is over."

I totally agree with you all when you're actually trying to say this. But that alone isn't enough. Phoenix's story was long over (at the end of the 3rd game/somewhere in the middle of the 4th game) and I doubt that Apollo would give up so suddenly. I don't have anything against Phoenix at all, but it sickens me that he's still the 'superstar' of Capcom while Apollo would have been the new 'superstar'. But no, Capcom decided to be a bitch (excuse me for my language) and decided to send Phoenix off to court again. Which doesn't even make sense.

How in the world would Phoenix get his bagde back? Not even with simple, silly and small tricks would it be possible to get it back. He showed forged evidence, yes that's true and it wasn't his fault, but still. I doubt that the Judge would be so super-duper nice to say to him: "Hey, Mr. Wright you know what? Here's your badge, kick Mr. Justice out of the court and make a few cases until the game comes to an end!". Nah, not even possible that he would say that. Sure, the Judge seems like a nice man but when it's going on about forged evidence and all, then he has no understanding in that. You all saw his reaction back then in the case where Phoenix was facing Klavier. He was utterly mad at him, yet he was really angry. No doubt in it.

I feel sorry for Apollo, but under those circumstances I can't be able to play GS5.

I've heard a lot of people argue that Phoenix's story is over, and if we were speaking about right after T&T I would agree. But as far as I'm concerned when they took away his badge, sent away his friends, and otherwise completely changed his place in life from where we left him at the end of Trials and Tribulations- they opened up his story again.

And besides that, these games often have a way of telling the story of someone else besides the protagonist. The first game was just as much about Miles Edgeworth as it was about Phoenix, and GS4 told more of Phoenix's story than it did of Apollo's. It's perfectly possible that we'll get more development for Apollo through Phoenix's eyes than we did through his own.

I also have no trouble imagining him getting his badge back, since proving Klavier's evil plans also proved that the evidence he presented was planted by some one else. Also the legal system in these games is pretty silly when it comes down to it anyway.

But I am sorry to hear that the change of protagonist has ruined the game for you. Even if everything I've said is right (and I'm sure you disagree with a lot of it) Apollo still got his position as protagonist stolen from him, and I can understand how that might ruin the experience for Polly's most loyal fans.

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
Mary Faraday wrote:

I've heard a lot of people argue that Phoenix's story is over, and if we were speaking about right after T&T I would agree. But as far as I'm concerned when they took away his badge, sent away his friends, and otherwise completely changed his place in life from where we left him at the end of Trials and Tribulations- they opened up his story again.

And besides that, these games often have a way of telling the story of someone else besides the protagonist. The first game was just as much about Miles Edgeworth as it was about Phoenix, and GS4 told more of Phoenix's story than it did of Apollo's. It's perfectly possible that we'll get more development for Apollo through Phoenix's eyes than we did through his own.

I also have no trouble imagining him getting his badge back, since proving Klavier's evil plans also proved that the evidence he presented was planted by some one else. Also the legal system in these games is pretty silly when it comes down to it anyway.

But I am sorry to hear that the change of protagonist has ruined the game for you. Even if everything I've said is right (and I'm sure you disagree with a lot of it) Apollo still got his position as protagonist stolen from him, and I can understand how that might ruin the experience for Polly's most loyal fans.

The switches of characters never bothered me before (I just looked at it as the "revolving door" where characters would come in and out, like Law & Order) and if Apollo doesn't get a good role in the game I'm going to be pissed. But I came to a conclusion that helped me look at the whole situation a bit.

I, like others, thought that Phoenix's story was wrapped up, so why would he get a new game. That's until I realized that Phoenix's story never really was the important part of the story anyways. It is from our, the player, perspective, in that it's what we are experiencing. But if you look at the major plot points in each game, Phoenix's personal character development is pretty minute compared to everyone else. It's not that Phoenix's story is over, its that the PW trilogy arc is over: Maya's story is over. Larry's story is over. Gumshoe's. Even Edgeworth is pretty wrapped up in his story. Since all those characters were with Phoenix, we think that Phoenix's story is over too, when really he was generally what the player was: just an observer. (Don't get me wrong, there were many cases where he was directly involved. But it was never about him. It was always about someone he cared about. Which is great and exciting storytelling but it also means he didn't get any character development.)

And do you know where Phoenix really got his character growth? GS4. Because he was the non-playable character, he didn't have to fill that role and could actually grow. Apollo, the player, didn't get that chance because he was interacting with the world the same way Phoenix did in the original games. Assuming they use him a lot, having Apollo not be the playable character in GS5 is a good thing, because he'll actually be able to grow in the game just like Phoenix did in GS4.

So in conclusion (I know I wrote way too much), the "playable lawyer" role doesn't allow much character development, so I believe as long as the story arcs from the PW trilogy don't get brought up it won't feel old to play as Phoenix. As long as he gets involved with new characters, everything will feel great.

And with Phoenix in the driver's seat, Apollo can actually get some real character development that isn't confined to commenting on another person's monologue or defending them in court.

Let's Player...kinda

I don't know if i'm the only one to think that but Apollo was a little too different of Phoenix. That's why even if I liked the AJ:AA, i love much more the first three. I'm happy BTW that this is Phoenix who is the major caracter. Concerning the role of Apollo in Game, I think he could appear, but Trucy could be here too.
Page 1 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps