Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

I have a problemTopic%20Title

The Real Human Being

Guys, what if they make Maya really different in this new game?

She won't be the Maya I love, WHAT IF SHE CHANGES TOO MUCH.

Can I just accept that 1-3 are the only games where Maya is cannon and any other games she may be in is a different imposter Maya?

(I sure as hell won't like it if they replace her with Ayam, no sir.)
Re: I have a problemTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Aww there there DoMaya.

Even if Maya changes you'll still have the fond memories of Maya in your heart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

It's like coming out of prison and finding out time passed while you were stuck.
Feelsbadman.jpg

The cape is self-fluttering

You'll have to request that your name be changed to AyamOd. And masturbate to nothing for the rest of your life.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Real Human Being

Adrian in black wrote:
You'll have to request that your name be changed to AyamOd. And masturbate to nothing for the rest of your life.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

First world problems.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

DoMaya wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

I for one welcome this abstinence promoting overlord to our ranks here at CR. ALL HAIL AYAMOD!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Dracarys!

dullahan1 wrote:
First world problems.

Hey, Maya changing is serious business, dude.

Her getting a new personality might be worse than her not showing up at all.

1000% Knight

DoMaya wrote:

Can I just accept that 1-3 are the only games where Maya is cannon and any other games she may be in is a different imposter Maya?

You'll have to solve it the same way you can solve every problem

By complaining about it on the internet!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I like Maya, obviously, but I have a feeling that I'll like this Kotone (or whatever her English name turns out to be) girl a lot as well. I'm saying this because I have a sad feeling that some people will not give her a chance at all to grow on them, simply by virtue of her not being Maya.

Just wanted to say that.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Would you prefer that to her not being there at all?

I wonder...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

The Real Human Being

Yaragorm wrote:
Would you prefer that to her not being there at all?

I wonder...

I don't know but I got my gun out of storage anyways just in case, now I just need to remember if I can find that bullet...

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Don't worry. They'll probably pull a 'She may seem different on the outside, but she's still the same old Maya on the inside'. Not to mention she's 27-28 years old now, rather than 17/18/19. She's probably more mature and responsible now, seeing as she's Master of the Kurain Chanelling Technique and all. Or she won't appear at all. Or she'll be a murder victim. Who knows?

(Although the 3DS would probably end up on the floor briefly if they killed off Maya. I've always liked her, and my liking only increased when I stumbled across AskAceAttorney.)
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~

Yeah, considering the stack of Samurai DVDs she dumped on Nick in 4-2, I think she'd be the type to keep her youthful spirit into adulthood.

Can we turn this into a general purpose topic for anxieties about returning characters? It worries me that if Apollo's in the game, they'll probably give him the role of "Abused Comic Relief." I mean, it could be funny, and it wouldn't be a far cry from how the Wrights treated him to begin with, but it would be the definition of adding insult to injury. The kid has fans, Capcom!

Gettin' Old!

Woolbeast Material wrote:
Yeah, considering the stack of Samurai DVDs she dumped on Nick in 4-2, I think she'd be the type to keep her youthful spirit into adulthood.

Can we turn this into a general purpose topic for anxieties about returning characters? It worries me that if Apollo's in the game, they'll probably give him the role of "Abused Comic Relief." I mean, it could be funny, and it wouldn't be a far cry from how the Wrights treated him to begin with, but it would be the definition of adding insult to injury. The kid has fans, Capcom!

Nope this is a topic about DoMaya.

He's going through a difficult time right now, needs our support to help him get through another day.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
Woolbeast Material wrote:

Nope this is a topic about DoMaya.

He's going through a difficult time right now, needs our support to help him get through another day.

Sir, you have no idea just how difficult a life I'm living right now.

If it can make you feel better, this is 2013 so in the game canon Maya would be right now 14 years old I believe?

You saying you don't want her to (get) changed is basically you saying that you don't want Maya to grow up.
If she appears, something I don't really have strong feelings about since I never cared that much about her, I would want her to change. I'd want to see her mature and grown up.

To be honest, if she appears, I want her to say that she is not the Master of Kurain and abdicated, giving the title to Pearl. After all, in the last case of T&T, Maya said that she "didn't want to have anything to do anymore with the Fey Clan" simply because it always brought such tragedy.
I'm currently replaying 3-5, so maybe she changes her mind again in the ending, I forget.

And if Maya doesn't appear....... eh. :yogi:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
You saying you don't want her to (get) changed is basically you saying that you don't want Maya to grow up.
If she appears, something I don't really have strong feelings about since I never cared that much about her, I would want her to change. I'd want to see her mature and grown up.

To be honest, if she appears, I want her to say that she is not the Master of Kurain and abdicated, giving the title to Pearl. After all, in the last case of T&T, Maya said that she "didn't want to have anything to do anymore with the Fey Clan" simply because it always brought such tragedy.
I'm currently replaying 3-5, so maybe she changes her mind again in the ending, I forget.

And if Maya doesn't appear....... eh. :yogi:

C-A

Sure it's ok to say that but on the other hand....being Master of Kurain Village is a pretty good reason to not hang out with Phoenix in GS4, and thinking about it she didn't really have anything else going on with her life that would keep her away from Phoenix.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Maybe Maya liked playing investigator so much while following Nick around, she's taking the bar exam?
Oh my god, Crack Theory!

Maya is gonna be the new detective or prosecutor in GS5!

C-A

(Sp)ace Detective

Prediction: Maya gets the Ema treatment and becomes super cranky. DoMaya is found dead in his home the next day next to a badly burned shrine.

The case is ruled a murder, with Reggie Fils-Aime as primary suspect.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

DoMaya wrote:

Have faith. All of CR does.

If you have to worry, worry about how Pearls won't be so little anymore. At least she'll still be cute anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

KingRaptor wrote:
Prediction: Maya gets the Ema treatment and becomes super cranky. DoMaya is found dead in his home the next day next to a badly burned shrine.

I'd play that. :pearl:
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

What did he do this time...?

Quote:

He would! I can imagine his breakdown right now.
(don't defend him, Phoenix!)
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

An avid attorney.

If they don't put Maya in the game, my 3DS will become a 2SS.

Seriously...the most fun, refreshing character in the entire series...has GOT to have an appearance at the very least. :maya:
Check out my PW Fan Song :)
The Final Turnabout

Check out my PW Fanfic :)
Turnabout Rebirth

WrightBrother wrote:

Seriously...the most fun, refreshing character in the entire series...has GOT to have an appearance at the very least. :maya:

Wow, what did you do to your DS then when you played AJ?

C-A

An avid attorney.

CatMuto wrote:
WrightBrother wrote:

Wow, what did you do to your DS then when you played AJ?

C-A

That and AAI both I have yet to play. I don't think I will actually. I don't know...should I? I figured since what really did it for me in the first three games was how much I loved the characters and all their memorable perks (Maya's eccentricity, Edgeworth's glare, the Judge's naivety, etc.), I wouldn't enjoy the new games that only contain one of the past characters.
The Final Turnabout

Turnabout Rebirth

AAI is more intelligent.... I'd like to say. Well, it uses LOGIC which is already a huge step up from Mr Wright who bumbles around until he gets a brain explosion or something. AJ is..... well, it was a very rushed game, so you will have no idea what Apollo is really like. It's still a decent enough game to play.... I just never paid much attention to it as it didn't have Edgeworth in it at all and Phoenix only little.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
AAI is more intelligent.... I'd like to say. Well, it uses LOGIC which is already a huge step up from Mr Wright who bumbles around until he gets a brain explosion or something. AJ is..... well, it was a very rushed game, so you will have no idea what Apollo is really like. It's still a decent enough game to play.... I just never paid much attention to it as it didn't have Edgeworth in it at all and Phoenix only little.

C-A

Really? You are praising the Logic system?

Logic is something EVERY protagonist uses in EVERY game. I felt somewhat furious and cheated that they would pull a system like that from nowhere as if it was something particularly unique to Edgeworth.

Sure Edgeworth is a clinical, precise and altogether logical person, moreso than the other protagonists but there's no denying that Phoenix and Apollo have had to put 2+2 together to get a logical conclusion every single case.

In my eyes it's like putting in a minigame for breathing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Logic is something EVERY protagonist uses in EVERY game. I felt somewhat furious and cheated that they would pull a system like that from nowhere as if it was something particularly unique to Edgeworth.

Sure Edgeworth is a clinical, precise and altogether logical person, moreso than the other protagonists but there's no denying that Phoenix and Apollo have had to put 2+2 together to get a logical conclusion every single case.

Okay, Logic used in an AA game.
Because I haven't seen a single protagonist in AA prior to Edgeworth who actually seemed capable of using logic.
I know.
AA is a comedy game.
It's for people who DON'T know law.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
But did they have to make the protagonists so dumb?

C-A

An avid attorney.

Had the Protagonists not been "dumb" in many of the situations, they would have come off as very one-sided characters. Being one of the most logical and composed characters in the game is part of Edgeworth's development. I think the character development is these games is as important as any other aspect, and the writers did an incredible job with it.
The Final Turnabout

Turnabout Rebirth

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Okay, Logic used in an AA game.
Because I haven't seen a single protagonist in AA prior to Edgeworth who actually seemed capable of using logic.
I know.
AA is a comedy game.
It's for people who DON'T know law.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
But did they have to make the protagonists so dumb?

C-A

Ok sure it's a game for people who don't know law.

Do people who don't know law...NOT use logic?
Phoenix and Apollo are the buffoons for large parts of their game but when it comes down it they make sharp deductions and come to common logical conclusions. They don't have a smarter counterpart to rely on all the time. In the standard team of Apollo-Trucy or Phoenix-Maya it's clear who the brains are. Sure Phoenix especially may have a reputation for bluffing to stall but in the end the characters figure out the inscrutable truth and the correct answer.

Sure it's easy to point to their failures and plotholes (as you love to do Catmuto) but in their universe they come across as sharp, clever individuals and clearly use logic.

Cause logic is for everybody.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

Nick's evolution as a character is just like most every other underdog story, whereas Edgeworth's is about him developing relationships with people he should be able to trust, Phoenix had no shortage of friends, but he lacked the experience that Edgeworth did. Edgeworth had no warmth to him, he was cold and conservative. But he was respected.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

DoMaya wrote:
Nick's evolution as a character is just like most every other underdog story, whereas Edgeworth's is about him developing relationships with people he should be able to trust, Phoenix had no shortage of friends, but he lacked the experience that Edgeworth did. Edgeworth had no warmth to him, he was cold and conservative. But he was respected.

My thoughts exactly.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:

I need to know for sure. Are you serious?

Pierre wrote:
Sure it's easy to point to their failures and plotholes (as you love to do Catmuto) but in their universe they come across as sharp, clever individuals and clearly use logic.

Cause logic is for everybody.

Except for those in-universe that don't think much... which counts for the majority of characters, named or unnamed. It's a sad world they live in, but the court battles are so exciting! I can't decide whether to feel sorry or jealous of these people.

*sigh* why did this thread have to be bumped, the anxiety is contagious...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Cat's ALWAYS serious. I don't think I've ever seen her be genuinely happy about something without utterly destroying all the foundations of its plot and/or characters. These dissections usually lead to a really long-winded debate between her and Pierre (most of the time) where Pierre will usually be calm the whole time and then Cat will start getting more vicious with her argument. Profanity is sometimes used, and both parties along with Blak get extremely frustrated. Blah blah blah debates and rants are dumb and I never get into them cause it's a waste of time and energy on the Internet.

Anyways, I don't know why this thread was bumped. Wrightbro doesn't really know about DoMaya's waifu complex, so I'm assuming that he assumed this was an actual thread for quality conversation and not a thread about "I hope mah waifu is in the game and is unchanged cause she's Maya!"
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Cat's ALWAYS serious. I don't think I've ever seen her be genuinely happy about something without utterly destroying all the foundations of its plot and/or characters. These dissections usually lead to a really long-winded debate between her and Pierre (most of the time) where Pierre will usually be calm the whole time and then Cat will start getting more vicious with her argument. Profanity is sometimes used, and both parties along with Blak get extremely frustrated. Blah blah blah debates and rants are dumb and I never get into them cause it's a waste of time and energy on the Internet.

My writing profanity is not a sign of my viciousness, it's simply part of my way of talking. Blame the scotsman I had to live with for a few years, swears have become part of my vocabulary. I still try to keep it to a minimum. And I do enjoy things, but I can't turn a blind eye to big flaws in a game.

And I hope Maya doesn't appear in GS5.
Her story ended with T&T and we had her clones to deal with afterwards, it's time for a new sidekick. Although I have no idea how Kokone is. She seems to be alright in the pictures I've seen.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Hey don't blame all Scotsmen, I keep my swears reserved for extreme occasions if at all.

Though I wouldn't mind Maya coming back as a cameo or witness provided they show how she's changed a good bit. Great deal of time has passed I really hope she'd have grown up a little.

Though Cat you don't spy big flaws, you spy small flaws or small problems of opinion and blow them apart like they killed your mother.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Real Human Being

You guys aren't making me feel any better.
Page 1 of 2 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps