Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 3 of 8[ 282 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title

Apollon Flame

scarlet-flowers wrote:
I'd like to play as the prosecutor for once, but that ain't happening.

Uh... Do you mean in court?
A King

in name

alone...

You know, a Mario game!

Scent wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
I think it might be interesting if each case had you playing as a different character, showing their role in the game's overarching plot, sort of like the first few chapters of Mother 3. Like maybe case 1 would have you play as Klavier, case 2 would have you playing as Franziska, case 3 would have you play as Blackquill, case 4 would be a flashback case where you play as Manfred Von Karma, and case 5 would have you playing as Edgeworth.

I concur with every idea except Franziska and Manfred: they're known to care a lot over penalties, so how would this exactly work? I'd rather they'd be secluded to investigation partners.

Hmm... Maybe instead of Franziska, we can have Lana, since she's been getting the short end of the stick compared to her sister, and instead of Manfred for the flashback case, we can have Godot, although it would be difficult finding a timeframe where he isn't either dead or in the middle of GS3.... Hmm... this is a tough one......
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Apollon Flame

Does Lana even have the qualifications of being a prosecutor? Sure, she went to law school alongside Mia, but she studied to be a detective. She was Chief Prosecutor, but according to Edgeworth himself, Chief Prosecutors are more of an administrative role and cannot prosecute at all.
A King

in name

alone...

You know, a Mario game!

She doesn't have to necessarily be a prosecutor. Gregory Edgeworth was playable for one case in GK2, yet he wasn't a prosecutor.
My Twitter Account

Apollon Flame

dimentiorules wrote:
She doesn't have to necessarily be a prosecutor. Gregory Edgeworth was playable for one case in GK2, yet he wasn't a prosecutor.

Hmm... Good point.
A King

in name

alone...

Beauty and grace.

Scent wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:
I'd like to play as the prosecutor for once, but that ain't happening.

Uh... Do you mean in court?

Yeah.

迷探偵

So I just read Yamada Fuutarou's Meiji Dantoudai (The Meiji Guillotine) and now I want a spinoff-set-in-the-early-Meiji-period, somewhat like the Yakuza/Ryuu ga Gotoku spin-offs. A protagonist belonging to the danjoudai (and his sidekick rasotsu) hunting down corrupt officials and rebels... tricks that make use of the limited technology/setting of the time, more 'mechanical' tricks (helped by 3D investigation scenes)... Capcom has already done an Edo period detective game with Edotan, so why not?

(Or just give me a TV series/anime/game based on Meiji Dantoudai. It's friggin' awesome)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

If Simon Blackquill had his own game, then his "Silence!" phrase would be pointless.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

FWEET CLICK FWEET

SweetieBot wrote:
I'd love a flashback case where Young Edgeworth confronts Diego Armando. And maybe his rival in the present could be... Phoenix Wright! =O

Nah, I don't think so.

WRONG that is a great idea

as being a kenji fanatic that sounds perfect for the flashback and the rival

Huh? Why is that?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

He only uses that shout AFTER he busts out of his shackles, and he's not a convict anymore. So why still use it?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Sligneris wrote:
With Franziska, all that is needed to do is whipping everyone...

Please not Franziska! She doesn't care about the truth!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
He only uses that shout AFTER he busts out of his shackles, and he's not a convict anymore. So why still use it?

I'm pretty sure he can still use it whenever he's upset. Shouting a word shouldn't require manual dexterity, unless we're talking about Phoenix Wright. It's an ingrained reflex to him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Beauty and grace.

GyakutenFanatic wrote:

no... no he does not. He uses it normally.

Ace Explorer

GyakutenFanatic wrote:

Actually, it's backwards - he only used 'Objection!' when he was in shackles.
Well? Are we going or what?

You know, a Mario game!

AlonsoSwift wrote:
GyakutenFanatic wrote:

Um, isn't that exactly what he said? That he only used "Silence!" after he bursted out of them?
My Twitter Account

Why can't he use both?

Ace Explorer

dimentiorules wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:
GyakutenFanatic wrote:

Um, isn't that exactly what he said? That he only used "Silence!" after he bursted out of them?

Damn, didn't get to finish my thought.
My point was that
Spoiler:
we've already seen not-a-convict Blackquill in court, and he uses 'Silence!' then.

Well? Are we going or what?

You're both wrong. He uses "Silence" at one point in Turnabout Reclaimed (as I am watching it now), with his cuffs still on his hands. I'd say there is no general rule to that and it's just the fact that he uses Silence when he's angered or during major events.

Tea time.

If it even follows the past Edgeworth games, then I'd be up for a flashback case with Byrne Faraday. That's all I got. ;w;

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I've had enough of Edgeworth and Franziska. Blackquill has to get in the protagonist's seat so we can know what he's thinking.

I just want one more GK game. Then, we have the original trilogy, the Edgeworth trilogy, and the new trilogy

I'm more excited for this game purely out of how it looks, rather than how it plays, which is odd because I usually get excited for a reason the other way around. Investigations in 3D will look gorgeous.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I'm more excited for this game purely out of how it looks, rather than how it plays, which is odd because I usually get excited for a reason the other way around. Investigations in 3D will look gorgeous.

That would be cool, and maybe the movement style should be Assassin's Creed-esque!

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
I've had enough of Edgeworth and Franziska. Blackquill has to get in the protagonist's seat so we can know what he's thinking.

I love Blackquill but he would be boring as a protagonist
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Agreed! Seeing an older Kay and Gumshoe would excite me as well. I'm hoping they just try to make the game build around the story and not the other way around. I feel like some of Dual Destinies was bent to fit around the Mood Matrix gimmick and some witness animations were for the 3D effect (Means throwing chalk)

:)

Simon Blackquill: Ace Attorney Investigations would be awesome.

A Seeker of Truth

Personally, I think if they were to make a GK3, I'd personally like it to be another Miles Edgeworth trilogy; to me, there'd be something fitting to having a threesome of games focusing on Miles, especially considering his rival also has a trilogy of his own as well. After that, I wouldn't care too much if they did more 'investigations' games featuring different prosecutors/detectives/whoever, but thinking beyond a potential GK2 is perhaps TOO far down the line, so I'll leave it at that. :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Personally, I think if they were to make a GK3, I'd personally like it to be another Miles Edgeworth trilogy; to me, there'd be something fitting to having a threesome of games focusing on Miles, especially considering his rival also has a trilogy of his own as well. After that, I wouldn't care too much if they did more 'investigations' games featuring different prosecutors/detectives/whoever, but thinking beyond a potential GK2 is perhaps TOO far down the line, so I'll leave it at that. :trucy:

I can totally imagine that: After Investigations 3, we'll probably get "Ace Attorney Investigations 1-2: Edgeworth Selection!"

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Honestly the events that happened between Trials and Tribulations and Dual Destinies for Edgeworth could probably make 2 trilogies
Spoiler:
Heck one of the cases could be Edgeworth investigating into the whole forged evidence case against Wright. I honestly would like to have known what Edgeworth's reaction would be to Wright's disbarment and I would like to know what caused him to be promoted to Chief Prosecutor.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Or what if one of the cases was Simon Blackquill's last before his arrest, and the detective in that case was... Athena's father! Maybe THAT'S how Blackquill knew Athena's mother!

The cape is self-fluttering

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Or what if one of the cases was Simon Blackquill's last before his arrest, and the detective in that case was... Athena's father! Maybe THAT'S how Blackquill knew Athena's mother!

Spoiler: DD
But wasn't it already stated that Aura introduced Simon to Metis? Because Simon had an interest in psychology and was already chasing the Phantom at this point?

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The video game boy; the one who wins

Although I'm not sure it would work as a case/cases, it would be interesting to know how his chase was progressing and how he got to know about
Spoiler:
Phantom
in the first place.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Here is something that has been on my mind, would this game be better suited for the 3DS or the Wii U? I am asking this because I feel like the game will more than likely move away from the sprite animations of the first 2 games and may switch to 3D models...but I am wondering could that work on the 3DS? Or would the game have to be made on the Wii U to support such an idea?

Gammalad wrote:
Here is something that has been on my mind, would this game be better suited for the 3DS or the Wii U? I am asking this because I feel like the game will more than likely move away from the sprite animations of the first 2 games and may switch to 3D models...but I am wondering could that work on the 3DS? Or would the game have to be made on the Wii U to support such an idea?

Hm? 3D models worked just fine in DD. I don't see why they'd "have to" move to the Wii U. Certainly, if they did, then I'm all up for 3D investigation running on full throughout the game, though cost-wise, it'd become a hassle if they did it that way. Besides, the Gyakuten games have always stayed somewhat traditional to 2D-sprite-like animations.

I find the 3D investigation scenes in DD are done well, even if they are limited to certain locations. If they could look to expand upon that mechanic to encompass Little Thief's simulations and various locations to be investigated, then I sure would like to try this game. Like with the Layton games, this one could definitely use a little more zooming effects.

Make it about Blackquill, to Wii U. Swing katana.

Edit: No, wait! I don't own a Wii U! Not the Wii U!!

I was more going on the idea of investigation in 3D, since I can't see the game using the same graphics as the previous 2 Investigation games. Like would we get to control a fully 3D rendered Edgeworth? If so I just don't know if I could see the game being done on the 3DS, but then again the power of the 3DS continues to surprise me.

Quote:
Like would we get to control a fully 3D rendered Edgeworth?

This made me envision the player getting to navigate some sort of Mecha Edgeworth from an inside perspective, manoeuvring every little movement with the Wii remote, looking out from gapes in the head. And in 3D at that. You know, just to totally not answer your question. :eh?:

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

This made me envision the player getting to navigate some sort of Mecha Edgeworth Steel Samurai from an inside perspective, manoeuvring every little movement with the Wii remote, looking out from gapes in the head. And in 3D at that. You know, just to totally not answer your question. :eh?:

Fixed.

lol well its just an interesting thing to think about. If any of the Ace Attorney games would have to come to the home console, I think the Investigation series would be the best fit for the home console. I just hope we hear something soon about a third game, or at least an official localization of the second one.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

This made me envision the player getting to navigate some sort of Mecha Edgeworth Steel Samurai from an inside perspective, manoeuvring every little movement with the Wii remote, looking out from gapes in the head. And in 3D at that. You know, just to totally not answer your question. :eh?:

Fixed.

So the Steel Samurai is investigating crime scenes now?
Page 3 of 8 [ 282 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps