Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 3[ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

TheIdioteque wrote:
Honestly, I think some of you guys tend to take video game storylines a wee bit too seriously.

Ace Attorney debates are serious business. :snackood: Surprisingly and intriguingly serious. :yummy:

Fanservice is one of those things that always need to be taken with a grain of salt. People are free to argue how big that grain is compared to everything else. :two-faced:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Beauty and grace.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Honestly, I think some of you guys tend to take video game storylines a wee bit too seriously.

Video games are srs business.

The video game boy; the one who wins

TheIdioteque wrote:

It's much funnier that way. Until someone gets hurt, that is.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

TheIdioteque wrote:

Trust me, this is nothing. Also, your comment reminded me of this:

Spoiler:

I want whole main cast of DD back, discounting Pearl, Klavier, you-know-who and perhaps Blackquill.

I hope for the return of the living Gramaryes, Valant (as stated somewhere else. plus he needs development, urgently), Thalassa as well as closing their arc. Perhaps bringing Apollo's father too. And make Trucy more important, dagn it.

Franziska and maybe Adrian, if proberly handled. Same with Ema and Gumshoe.

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:
I want whole main cast of DD back, discounting Pearl, Klavier, you-know-who and perhaps Blackquill.

Pearl: she's here to stay, she isn't just going to let Mystic Maya and Nick share a moment alone, she'll always be there to nag at Phoenix. :basil:

Klavier: I want him to at least prosecute a case against Herr Forehead, Wright, Athena or actually all of 'em.

Blackquill: I actually want him to prosecute a single case.

Sligneris wrote:
I hope for the return of the living Gramaryes, Valant (as stated somewhere else. plus he needs development, urgently), Thalassa as well as closing their arc. Perhaps bringing Apollo's father too. And make Trucy more important, dagn it.

I am unsure towards Valant, but I'm sure Capcom will bring back Thalassa, Apollo and Trucy, but concerning his father...
Spoiler: DD Spoilers
Clay Terrans was supposed to be Apollo's father back from Egypt but would later get killed, so... Yeah, it's possible they'll bring back the idea, seeing as how they abandoned it and they *really* need to finish the Gramarye arc.

Sligneris wrote:
Franziska and maybe Adrian, if proberly handled. Same with Ema and Gumshoe.

Why Adrian?

I can see both Ema and Gumshoe making a return (Ema even better because forensics would look cool on 3D).

If they decide to do something with the fact that the Phantom was supposedly left to live, Franziska's an Interpol prosecutor, surely they must show some interest in interrogating an international spy.

A King

in name

alone...

Hmmm, but for a big returning cast like that, the next game should be bigger than the current one... :meekins:

The King of All

Spoiler: Clay
Where was it said that Clay was supposed to be Apollo's dad?

The king of all, Sir Duke

Apollon Flame

Deadpool 9 wrote:

Something about his concept art or something, can't remember well.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Pearl: she's here to stay, she isn't just going to let Mystic Maya and Nick share a moment alone, she'll always be there to nag at Phoenix. :basil:

Klavier: I want him to at least prosecute a case against Herr Forehead, Wright, Athena or actually all of 'em.

Blackquill: I actually want him to prosecute a single case.

That does it, now I want them all xD And Maya, too.

Scent wrote:
I am unsure towards Valant

Oh, not the way he was in AJ, nooo. I just want him to be somewhat important, because he was important in AJ. Just so badly presented...
Scent wrote:
Why Adrian?

To be honest, I just want to see her getting over her troubles, to know what is she doing by DD. That being said, I don't really want Larry back, but I'd like someone mentioning him, to let us know he still exist, like they did with Eldoon in Case 2.

As well as maybe Lana, detective sisters would be cool. If not, then the same as Larry.

...But no, I don't want all of them at once, nooo. That would suck.

Scent wrote:
If they decide to do something with the fact that the Phantom was supposedly left to live, Franziska's an Interpol prosecutor, surely they must show some interest in interrogating an international spy.
Spoiler:
The only proper way to work around that is calling it "international/space center incident X months ago" and keep moving forward. You can't just go ahead and tell everything about how Phantom is the spy, that he has no emotions and what he did, because is very character is a walking spoiler.

Last edited by Sligneris on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scent wrote:

My God, Klavier getting to work for a full game again, even though everything about his character besides dealing with Kristoph was terribly lacking? Unless, you mean a single case with them all, which would be a humiliating overkill. I may just try playing such a case if it exists.

Deadpool 9 wrote:

Spoiler:
Clay wasn't meant to be Apollo's dad; he was chosen to take the dad's place in the story. While Apollo was being redesigned for the game, they wanted him to put on some sort of jacket that had some importance to building his character. For whatever reason, they scrapped any reference to his dad.

Maybe they didn't want Apollo to seem like he was having daddy issues?

Sligneris wrote:
That being said, I don't really want Larry back, but I'd like someone mentioning him, to let us know he still exist, like they did with Eldoon in Case 2.

Larry will always exist, for the sake of dragging Edgeworth and, to a lesser extent, Phoenix through hell. It doesn't matter whether he gets a mention or not.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Apollon Flame

They could, y'know, actually give him a bit more of an interesting character in GS6. Brushing him aside won't solve anything and would just make the fans hate on the fact that Capcom brushed him aside. :v
A King

in name

alone...

Yeah, I know and I'm still hopeful in the back of my mind. Until he gets that brilliant redemption, however, I will not stop with insulting him at every opportunity because, in tribute to the words of Kristoph, I am an evil person.

Likewise with Athena; when a character has plenty of reasons to be mocked, I lunge at the opportunity. Make of that what you will. :kristoph:

Lunchland Employee

Whoa, it seems like I'm one of few people who would actually love Maya to show up in another game. There are ways to use important characters to the series like Maya without it being artificial. I don't think anything else really needs to center on Kurain, but Maya can certainly function without everything revolving around Kurain.

I just feel that a letter was an understandable, but lacking way to tie up a character that was so integral to the series for so long - but better than the 'nothing' that we got in AJ. I see what you all are saying, but I don't really believe her character would feel out of place in another game, especially if the case revolves heavily around Phoenix.

Aside from Maya… I would love for Ema to come back as a full fledged scientific investigator, and I'm really hoping that Vera will return for another case, just because I love Vera. :) It would also be nice to see Lana back in the field somehow (like as a detective or something), and same with Angel Starr, for that matter.

From DD, I think Juniper has great potential for return, especially since so much about her character was left unexplained. I think it would be REALLY interesting to have Myriam Scuttlebutt come back as an investigative journalist, having outgrown her boxes, but taking on a Carmen San Diego-esque disguise instead. But I have a feeling that Norma DePlume will fulfill that writer role instead, which I wouldn't mind too much either.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh yeah, Lana! I'm not sure if it'd be room to fit her into the story, but I'd love it. She could work with Ema somehow.

And how about Oldbag? I bet she's retired now. Even older, even windier, chasing Edgeworth and trying to run with a walker. ...Okay, perhaps not.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Dual Destinies despite few badly handled points had great characters and their relationships, their dynamic. The next thing to come after Wright Anything Agency, Space Center group (Aura, Metis, Simon and young Athena) and Themis friendship might very well be detective sisters Skye :3 Granted, if Ema got into forensics, they wouldn't both be detectives, but they still could make a great duo.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
And how about Oldbag? I bet she's retired now. Even older, even windier, chasing Edgeworth and trying to run with a walker. ...Okay, perhaps not.

Yes, yes bloody yes. Fan disservice! Edgeworth disservice! Heck yes. She will be the first person to live until she's 150. Miles will therefore die long before her and she will grieve since all the men she crushes on seems to wander off to the heavenly gardens... :oldbag:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Preposterous. This is Japanifornia, where everyone who isn't destined to be a victim or villain lives to old age.

...How old is Udgey again?

Would be cool if adrian andrews made a cameo appearance with franziska as her assistant and have some sort a secret love for franziska like
Spoiler: DD
Aura had for Athena's mother.

[Whip the cream!]

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Preposterous. This is Japanifornia, where everyone who isn't destined to be a victim or villain lives to old age.

...How old is Udgey again?

Didn't you mean Pffffweposterous? :godot:

[Whip the cream!]

Fool Bright wrote:
Would be cool if adrian andrews made a cameo appearance with franziska as her assistant and have some sort a secret love for franziska like

Oh my dear, yes please! That would be absolutely enchantingly charming.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

Oh my dear, yes please! That would be absolutely enchantingly charming.

It would be especially if they continue with M rated themes like they did with DD.

Hm? Making Franziska x Adrian one-sided-ly canon? I don't know how to feel abiut this... ...At least that one, rather than literally any other popular gay ships...

Sligneris wrote:
Hm? Making Franziska x Adrian one-sided-ly canon? I don't know how to feel abiut this... ...At least that one, rather than literally any other popular gay ships...

Well it could start out one-sided but after a while she begins to develop the same feelings. :adrian-crunch:

Uh... No, really, please no xD I can understand it happening from Adrian's side, but please keep it ambiguous from Franziska's side.

[Whip the cream!]

Fool Bright wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Well it could start out one-sided but after a while she begins to develop the same feelings. :adrian-crunch:

...aww... :acro:

Sligneris wrote:
Uh... No, really, please no xD I can understand it happening from Adrian's side, but please keep it ambiguous from Franziska's side.

But we need Franziska to show more emotion xD. She looked so cute when she cried in AA:JFA :pearl-blush:

The cape is self-fluttering

Fool Bright wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

But we need Franziska to show more emotion xD. She looked so cute when she cried in AA:JFA :pearl-blush:

Why does Franziska need a relationship in order to show more emotion?

Hot as lesbians are, I agree with Sligneris; it's better kept as a fanon pairing. Fanservice is one thing, but if Adrian and Franziska show up in the same title, I doubt we'll get another
Aura/Metis.
Though I wouldn't put it past the writers to tease the fans once or twice.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Why does Franziska need a relationship in order to show more emotion?

Hot as lesbians are, I agree with Sligneris; it's better kept as a fanon pairing. Fanservice is one thing, but if Adrian and Franziska show up in the same title, I doubt we'll get another
Aura/Metis.
Though I wouldn't put it past the writers to tease the fans once or twice.

I never said she needed a relationship to show emotion, it was just a idea for how there relationship could develop. To me they would be a good couple especially with Adrian's co-dependency :glasses: . I just think in general it would be nice if they introduced more couple pairings, especially :eh?:x: :salute: which I would like to see it be more developed.

What co-dependency?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
What co-dependency?

Don't you remember?
Spoiler: Adrian Andrews
Andrews became emotionally dependent on her mentor Celeste Inpax,then quickly developed another emotional attachment to prosecutor Franziska von Karma.

Fool Bright wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
What co-dependency?

Don't you remember?
Andrews became emotionally dependent on her mentor Celeste Inpax,then quickly developed another emotional attachment to prosecutor Franziska von Karma.

What are you talking about?

Adrian's dependency issues stopped by the end of 2-4, when Adrian was inspired by Phoenix and Edgeworth's efforts in getting Matt convicted.

What you are saying is that the pairing only works if the woman is still desperately clinging to another person to carry herself through life.

Franziska only met Adrian 2 or 3 days before the end of Matt's trial, and for half the time, Franziska was in the hospital and Adrian was in jail. If anything were to happen between them in canon, it would have been in that small timeframe. Not some years down the road when Adrian has a better handle on herself and is not scrambling to find some rock she can unconditionally trust to save her from all the scary things in life.

...NAILED IT

:godot:
Adrian in black wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
What co-dependency?

Don't you remember?

What are you talking about?

Adrian's dependency issues stopped by the end of 2-4, when Adrian was inspired by Phoenix and Edgeworth's efforts in getting Matt convicted.

What you are saying is that the pairing only works if the woman is still desperately clinging to another person to carry herself through life.

Franziska only met Adrian 2 or 3 days before the end of Matt's trial, and for half the time, Franziska was in the hospital and Adrian was in jail. If anything were to happen between them in canon, it would have been in that small timeframe. Not some years down the road when Adrian has a better handle on herself and is not scrambling to find some rock she can unconditionally trust to save her from all the scary things in life.

Im saying the dependency could be used if they decide to use that as a way to pair them up together.

I'll post a list of all the characters I want to see appearing or being mentioned, and regardless of whether these are cameos or not.

Wright Anything Agency (Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Trucy)
Fey Girls (Maya, Pearl, Mia)
Investigative Sisters Skyes (Ema, Lana)
Prosecutors (Edgeworth, Franziska)
Gramaryes (Thalassa, Valant)
Old Friends (Larry, Adrian)

If you want me to write about any of these groups, just ask, and I'll explain the reason, why ;) I would do that anyway to all of these, but I'm just... too lazy =_=;

Fool Bright wrote:
Im saying the dependency could be used if they decide to use that as a way to pair them up together.

No.

No, it can't.

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:

No.

well okie :yogi:

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian is not dependant on anyone anymore. She and Franziska will be there for themselves to support each other as friends, true, but both are trying to seeek their own way in life. There is no dependency here, just the mutual desire to keep moving forward and friendship.

I think that people have a misunderstanding of those who want to see Maya (or by extension, Mia) back in the next game. I want Maya and Mia to be back in the next game, but my reasoning is this:

Mia and Maya were too important to Phoenix to ever just... drop out of his life, and without them, it really doesn't feel right. That's why a simple cameo would never be enough, but they need full character development. It's something that's missing largely from Phoenix's character, and in my opinion, it needs that hole filled. That's why I want Maya back, and that's why a simple cameo like with Pearls, or a letter would never suffice. Maya (and again, Mia) are as much of a part of Phoenix as bluffing, and I still don't think Phoenix has been fully realized.

zpattack12 wrote:
I think that people have a misunderstanding of those who want to see Maya (or by extension, Mia) back in the next game. I want Maya and Mia to be back in the next game, but my reasoning is this:

Mia and Maya were too important to Phoenix to ever just... drop out of his life, and without them, it really doesn't feel right. That's why a simple cameo would never be enough, but they need full character development. It's something that's missing largely from Phoenix's character, and in my opinion, it needs that hole filled. That's why I want Maya back, and that's why a simple cameo like with Pearls, or a letter would never suffice. Maya (and again, Mia) are as much of a part of Phoenix as bluffing, and I still don't think Phoenix has been fully realized.

I agree Phoenix still has potential, and bringing back Maya into an important enough role in at least one case is an easy way to show how she's matured... but other than that, no.

Mia doesn't need to appear. She doesn't need development for the role she's always had: mentor to the main character. Adding anything on at this point is simply tacking on trivia. She may have only been a lawyer for 4 years, but flashback shots of her first two trials were enough to see the difference and her growth as a lawyer. As for her person, do we really need to change that?

What development Phoenix needs now has nothing to do with Mia or Maya. He's now running his own law office and is expected to uphold certain standards as a boss of two subordinates who worship him like a deity (sort of). That means he must learn the costs to being a boss. So far, he's only been reaping in the benefits. Maya can appear to augment the development of those two as well, but anything we see between Phoenix and her will simply be for nostalgia's sake. Rather, both Apollo and Athena can question Phoenix's dependability on spiritual concepts, and that in of itself can cause a minor rift between the trio. It sets up a conflict lying in wait over the course of a game and makes a good promotional hook too.

Pearl's role in GS5 certainly could have been expanded on, but at the same time, they'd have to rewrite the entire premise of the UR-1 case to give her a major role in it. That means, she would need a space-loving friend of her own who happens to be mur... er, arres... no wait, we already know how this goes. No, instead of the UR-1 case, Pearl should be involved in a case around Phoenix himself - be it a murder or missing person incident. I don't want to see her panicking like she used to; I want to see how much of Maya's collective cool she has gained. Yes, I can't believe it myself: Maya, collective and cool? She'd be reminiscent of Mia! 介‿介

At the same time, it may be a bit much to make PHOENIX WRIGHT a murder victim. Becoming an assault victim where he loses his memory would be a cheap tactic and has already been used once, but at least it's not as pointlessly stupid for him to fall into a river and catch a cold again. (One time, Wright. Only this one time.)

I'm still of the opinion that Maya can have a big role in a DLC case which is crammed full of nostalgia. It'd be awful to treat Maya like they treated Pearl, but they can't also dedicate a large chunk of the story to develop Maya who's already been in three games. So the DLC solution sounds perfect to me.

I may be wrong, of course. They might choose to write something completely different and successfully blow our minds.

But seriously, can we focus on Apollo and Trucy now? They've just sort of...existed for a while now.
Page 2 of 3 [ 118 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps