Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 3 of 3[ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 


Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Thane wrote:
I'm still of the opinion that Maya can have a big role in a DLC case which is crammed full of nostalgia. It'd be awful to treat Maya like they treated Pearl, but they can't also dedicate a large chunk of the story to develop Maya who's already been in three games. So the DLC solution sounds perfect to me.

I may be wrong, of course. They might choose to write something completely different and successfully blow our minds.

I'm all up for either one if Canadian Judge is presiding.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1155

The fact that he hid that Trucy and Apollo are siblings and Lamiroir's children might be great opportunity for a potential conflict.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7742

Yes, it would be interesting with some sort of conflict, both to create tension and as a way to further develop characters and set them apart (mainly the three lawyers).
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Posts: 77

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
zpattack12 wrote:
I think that people have a misunderstanding of those who want to see Maya (or by extension, Mia) back in the next game. I want Maya and Mia to be back in the next game, but my reasoning is this:

Mia and Maya were too important to Phoenix to ever just... drop out of his life, and without them, it really doesn't feel right. That's why a simple cameo would never be enough, but they need full character development. It's something that's missing largely from Phoenix's character, and in my opinion, it needs that hole filled. That's why I want Maya back, and that's why a simple cameo like with Pearls, or a letter would never suffice. Maya (and again, Mia) are as much of a part of Phoenix as bluffing, and I still don't think Phoenix has been fully realized.

-snip-

I think the reason I feel this way is because I never really made the connection between young and old Phoenix that well. In DD he seemed too much of his old self when playing as him, too different when you weren't, and really weird in AJ:AA. I just feel like when bringing Phoenix into the future, they never made the connections in a meaningful way, and it just doesn't feel right to me. That chapter of Phoenix's life just doesn't seem over, but maybe I'm just holding onto old Phoenix too much...
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Posts: 970

I thought Phoenix was handled perfectly outside of court in Dual Destinies. If he's to stay in the game, that's the kind of role he should have. He should NOT be smacked around by Edgeworth in the courtroom and trying to bluff all the time; he was supposed to have moved past that.
Image
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1155

I am not sure. The only problem with in-court Phoenix I had was the fact he was sweating to much. Really. I can understand he is bluffing. But he needs more confidence, and even when he does not have it, he shouldn't show it. He was a poker player, after all.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Thane wrote:
He should NOT be smacked around by Edgeworth in the courtroom

I need a gif of this, stat.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: None specified

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

Sligneris wrote:
I am not sure. The only problem with in-court Phoenix I had was the fact he was sweating to much. Really. I can understand he is bluffing. But he needs more confidence, and even when he does not have it, he shouldn't show it. He was a poker player, after all.

Not just any poker player. He went undefeated for 7 years.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Posts: 77

You know, I think the big issue with this is what the Ace Attorney series started as. The series at its core was all about Phoenix, a young, determined, willing to do whatever it takes, attorney, fighting for the people against impossible odds. I don't think the mature, confident attorney really works for the franchise, and is why I think I have so many issues with older Phoenix.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Posts: 970

zpattack12 wrote:
I don't think the mature, confident attorney really works for the franchise, and is why I think I have so many issues with older Phoenix.


Would you care to elaborate? I haven't heard anyone having trouble with Phoenix being mature before.
Image
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Posts: 77

Thane wrote:
zpattack12 wrote:
I don't think the mature, confident attorney really works for the franchise, and is why I think I have so many issues with older Phoenix.


Would you care to elaborate? I haven't heard anyone having trouble with Phoenix being mature before.

This is hard to explain, so I'm just going to do this in a really weird way explaining how I got to my point.

I didn't have a conscious thing against Phoenix, just something deep down that felt a little wrong. I just tacked it up to the fact that in Apollo Justice, he didn't feel like the same person, and most of my thinking in DD has gone towards Apollo, so I didn't know what to say about him in there. Lately, I've been thinking about Phoenix, and I realized that I didn't really think Phoenix felt right in the game, and to me, that's probably because of the contradicting in and out of court behaviors. At first I wasn't sure which one I really disliked, but then I really decided that I wasn't happy with either one of them. Out of court Phoenix seemed too detached, and a little too close to what he was in Apollo Justice, and Phoenix in court was more of what he was in the original trilogy. I then asked myself, "Why do I dislike the "original trilogy" Phoenix in this game, but love him in the original trilogy?". To me, this was because of the role that Phoenix was forced to take. He was forced to grow up, and he became a power in the legal world, and he became confident. All of this sounds wonderful, but I still didn't like it. So then I went back to the original games, and tried to boil down the original trilogy into its most basic ideas, and that's when it hit me.

The Ace Attorney franchise was all about fighting for those who were weak, with the odds stacked against them, against the oppressing power that in reality should win with ease. Phoenix really embodied this idea well, as he would always squeak out wins. He was the rookie that defied the prodigies, he defeated the man who never lost a case before, but he did it with this sense of... determination, while older Phoenix exudes confidence. The way the franchise was created, the core of the franchise, was defeating the confidence of those in power, and getting through no matter how hard it is. Mature isn't the right word, but more confident, older Phoenix doesn't fit the mold.

Yes, I understand the series has the evolve, but a series also has to stay true to its core ideas and ideals. Older Phoenix, and Athena don't follow this model very well to me, but I think Apollo fits this really well, if they can get his character right. I really think Apollo is the future of the franchise, and it needs to focus on him, as long as they understand that he needs to be his own person, and then I think we'll truly be amazed.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1155

Simon Blackquill was, quite ironically, not enough manipulative to me. 1-2 Edgeworth comes to mind. You never felt that he actually ever crossed any line.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 am

Posts: 25

zpattack12 wrote:
This is hard to explain, so I'm just going to do this in a really weird way explaining how I got to my point.

I didn't have a conscious thing against Phoenix, just something deep down that felt a little wrong. I just tacked it up to the fact that in Apollo Justice, he didn't feel like the same person, and most of my thinking in DD has gone towards Apollo, so I didn't know what to say about him in there. Lately, I've been thinking about Phoenix, and I realized that I didn't really think Phoenix felt right in the game, and to me, that's probably because of the contradicting in and out of court behaviors. At first I wasn't sure which one I really disliked, but then I really decided that I wasn't happy with either one of them. Out of court Phoenix seemed too detached, and a little too close to what he was in Apollo Justice, and Phoenix in court was more of what he was in the original trilogy. I then asked myself, "Why do I dislike the "original trilogy" Phoenix in this game, but love him in the original trilogy?". To me, this was because of the role that Phoenix was forced to take. He was forced to grow up, and he became a power in the legal world, and he became confident. All of this sounds wonderful, but I still didn't like it. So then I went back to the original games, and tried to boil down the original trilogy into its most basic ideas, and that's when it hit me.

The Ace Attorney franchise was all about fighting for those who were weak, with the odds stacked against them, against the oppressing power that in reality should win with ease. Phoenix really embodied this idea well, as he would always squeak out wins. He was the rookie that defied the prodigies, he defeated the man who never lost a case before, but he did it with this sense of... determination, while older Phoenix exudes confidence. The way the franchise was created, the core of the franchise, was defeating the confidence of those in power, and getting through no matter how hard it is. Mature isn't the right word, but more confident, older Phoenix doesn't fit the mold.

Yes, I understand the series has the evolve, but a series also has to stay true to its core ideas and ideals. Older Phoenix, and Athena don't follow this model very well to me, but I think Apollo fits this really well, if they can get his character right. I really think Apollo is the future of the franchise, and it needs to focus on him, as long as they understand that he needs to be his own person, and then I think we'll truly be amazed.


I agree with all that you said, Phoenix doesn't fit very well to his role, he supposedly "evolved", but there is a severe difference between the Phoenix of AJ and the Phoenix of DD in my opinion, maybe his time in the AA games has ended as a protagonist and he's going to take a secondary role in the saga. And Apollo, he is not a well formed character, since his debut he has been showing a personality which resembles the young Phoenix while someone completely different, he has not his own personality and he could not find one with which he can identify him self.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

zpattack12 wrote:
The Ace Attorney franchise was all about fighting for those who were weak, with the odds stacked against them, against the oppressing power that in reality should win with ease. Phoenix really embodied this idea well, as he would always squeak out wins. He was the rookie that defied the prodigies, he defeated the man who never lost a case before, but he did it with this sense of... determination, while older Phoenix exudes confidence. The way the franchise was created, the core of the franchise, was defeating the confidence of those in power, and getting through no matter how hard it is. Mature isn't the right word, but more confident, older Phoenix doesn't fit the mold.

I believe that is exactly what Takumi was going for when he came up with GS4's plot, actually. To introduce a new character without letting Phoenix hog the spotlight, Phoenix himself had to be disposed of somehow. Well, "disposed" may be a bit strong; perhaps "unavailable" would be more appropriate. There has to be some room for this new rookie attorney to develop, or risk becoming thrown under the Phoenix-hype-train - as what had happened when we first saw the GS5 trailers until Apollo's new design showed up. Since "disposing" has terrible implications, an alternative would be to force him out of law (which I admit isn't that much more fortunate, but still beats being murdered), so he can't take on cases all he wants. Of course, a guy like him doesn't just up and quit without good reason, so the flashback of 4-4 comes in. Granted, that case is a bit sketchy as writing and doesn't quite fit with the resolution since 3-5. Still, it's at least something to show how a young, promising fellow like Phoenix could possibly become so unmotivated.

tl;dr: It's Apollo's fault. Let's get those pitchfo... oh, well, hold off on them for now.

Quote:
Yes, I understand the series has the evolve, but a series also has to stay true to its core ideas and ideals. Older Phoenix, and Athena don't follow this model very well to me, but I think Apollo fits this really well, if they can get his character right. I really think Apollo is the future of the franchise, and it needs to focus on him, as long as they understand that he needs to be his own person, and then I think we'll truly be amazed.

I really do want to agree here, but I'm uncertain about Apollo's future as it stands. He definitely has the potential; if the scenario writers can utilize that potential, he has a lot to achieve. However, what worries me the most is this: will he become another copy of young Phoenix? What I mean is, what will be different between the legacies they leave? What Phoenix has managed to accomplish, compared to what Apollo is going to accomplish; the latter seems just that bit more lackluster somehow, even if the kinds of cases they each take offer completely different situations.

As for Athena... to be honest, I'm a little disappointed, in more ways than one. I like her as a character and believe she is built sufficiently well to earn a firm place in the main cast. I think her flaws are worthy for consideration, so she can't count as a Mary Sue, and her skillful quirks are simply there for fun. However, her character development is too rocky, and it doesn't have a specific direction to take after all has been said, done, and fixed. Despite her vast potential for growth as a rookie lawyer, she's the sketchiest character of the lawyer trio, for a rather poor reason: it just turned out that way.

tl;dr: It's Phoenix's fault. Why'd he have to go and become so popular, huh? Let's get those pitchforks and storm his office! >:D (But please remember to leave Charley and Charles the sofa alone.)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1155

Well, they did have specific direction in mind from GS5's finale on, so I just hope they know what they're doing...

Come to think of it, when was sofa called "Charles"?
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Posts: 77

I like how we are totally off-topic from the cameo appearances thing. :P

Anyway, to Rubia, I think you may have slightly misunderstood by last paragraph because I didn't really articulate that very well. I think Apollo has the ability to be molded into the leading attorney of the franchise, while I don't think Athena has that ability. Something is off about Athena, and I can't put my finger quite on it, but I really don't want to see the franchise follow her as the main protagonist. I think it has something to do with the fact that Athena is too good. She is exceptional, and just working out the kinks. Everybody knows the talent she has, I mean, law degree and analytical psychology by the age of 18? Apollo and Phoenix had a more plain upbringing. Neither of them are prodigies, they are just people who worked towards their goals of becoming lawyers. This sets up the Lawyer vs. the World that made the franchise what it has become. I'm not saying Apollo will be this, I'm just saying that he has the potential, but it might be too late, we'll have to see how the writers choose to have his characters.

Also, I'm not against the idea of a "mentor" which is what many people will say Phoenix can fit in, its just that Phoenix never seemed like the mentor character. Also, when you think about it, the mentor was never available at the drop of the hat. I mean, in the first game there's Mia and Grossberg, and we all know what happened to Mia, and even Grossberg wouldn't help you at every point, because of other circumstances. In the other games, there's Mia, and that still has the same issue as in the first game. It gives this sense that Phoenix was alone, because he had no friends. Sure he had Gumshoe occasionally, and Maya/Pearl, but the vast majority of the people were uncooperative, again adding to the Lawyer vs the World. This is another issue with Athena, it seems that too many people like her, and her personality fits more of the assistant, and not the main protagonist.

Wow, that was all over the place.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lunchland Employee

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 am

Posts: 15

zpattack12 wrote:
This is another issue with Athena, it seems that too many people like her, and her personality fits more of the assistant, and not the main protagonist.

Wow, that was all over the place.


Hm, I don't really understand this. Why do the main defense attorneys have to have specific personalities and the aide characters a specific personality?

Personally, I think Athena brings some freshness to the Wright Anything Agency, especially because she ISN'T an assistant. As for everyone liking her, an entire subplot literally revolved around Aura's hate for her??? That relationship reminded me of how Godot felt toward Phoenix.

In any case, there's a whole other thread discussing Athena, so I won't derail. I'm currently playing JFA and was struck by how many cameo appearances of minor characters there are - Lotta, Oldbag, Will, and there might be a couple more. It was interesting considering how Dual Destinies carried over no minor characters (I count Pearl and Klavier as major). But at the same time, aside from the characters I already mentioned some posts ago (Vera, Lana, Angel), I can't actually pinpoint many minor characters that might have a reason to return. Maybe Viola Cadaverini has some return potential? She was pretty underused. Oh, and if I'm remembering her case correctly, Olga Orly might be an easy character to bring back in a new job. I also just read that Regina Berry showed up in a case in AAI2; it might be interesting seeing an older version of her in the main timeline - maybe alongside Bat, having just woken up.

I dunno. All I do know is that I hope the team spends time developing the major characters we already have in the next game, rather than introducing new major characters, aside from a prosecutor or something. (Sorry for the tangent!)
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Just a fellow PW fan!

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Posts: 70

I like when characters have a reason to return. For example Lotta Hart and Norma DePlume are both great cameo characters that I could see (and would love to see) return, as they can be relevant to any case because of their careers. As long as they're "interested" enough in a case to cover it, they can both (a) provide background information, and (b) provide evidence, which makes them relevant.

Spoiler: GS5-5
There's also the issue of finding a new detective. They could either create a new one or bring back Dick Gumshoe or Ema Skye.


Other characters I could see fitting the bill are Adrian Andrews, Vera Misham, Hickfield, etc based on where the case takes place or who's involved, but I don't know how relevant they could be without pulling an "Oldbag."

And finally, on a personal note...

Spoiler: GS5-4
I would love a flashback case somehow involving Apollo and Clay. I wish they could have explored that friendship just a bit before killing off a very important character in Apollo's life
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lunchland Employee

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 am

Posts: 15

Kav wrote:
I like when characters have a reason to return. For example Lotta Hart and Norma DePlume are both great cameo characters that I could see (and would love to see) return, as they can be relevant to any case because of their careers. As long as they're "interested" enough in a case to cover it, they can both (a) provide background information, and (b) provide evidence, which makes them relevant.

Spoiler: GS5-5
There's also the issue of finding a new detective. They could either create a new one or bring back Dick Gumshoe or Ema Skye.


Other characters I could see fitting the bill are Adrian Andrews, Vera Misham, Hickfield, etc based on where the case takes place or who's involved, but I don't know how relevant they could be without pulling an "Oldbag."

And finally, on a personal note...

Spoiler: GS5-4
I would love a flashback case somehow involving Apollo and Clay. I wish they could have explored that friendship just a bit before killing off a very important character in Apollo's life


Yesss Norma DePlume would be a great character to bring back! I like Lotta too, but having Norma in the "unofficial investigator" role would be really fresh. They could use a grown up version of Myriam Scuttlebutt for this role.

Speaking of the aquarium case, wouldn't it be fun to have Herman Crab back too? I have no idea what kind of role he might play, but I thought he was one of the more interesting characters in the game.

Spoiler:
As for the detective, I was thinking this too. It's a prime opportunity to bring Ema back and involve her character more. Perhaps make her a full fledged scientific investigator. I think they should tie up Gumshoe's character somehow, but Ema has so much unrealized potential.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: New Jersey

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Posts: 77

There is possibility for difference in personality in roles, but the main defense attorney role has a defined part to play in the game. Athena's personality doesn't fit that role that Capcom has proven to work. And sure Aura may hate her, but that's nothing compared to how much of a hard time Phoenix got in his games.

More on topic, I think Scuttlebutt would be hilarious to have in one of the other cases. She was pretty awesome. The box design better be amazing though.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

zpattack12 wrote:
I like how we are totally off-topic from the cameo appearances thing. :P

Oh shush, Athena would totally make a good cameo... in a GK game. Oh God, what happens when she and Kay meet? I'm terrified to find out!

Quote:
Anyway, to Rubia, I think you may have slightly misunderstood by last paragraph because I didn't really articulate that very well. I think Apollo has the ability to be molded into the leading attorney of the franchise, while I don't think Athena has that ability. Something is off about Athena, and I can't put my finger quite on it, but I really don't want to see the franchise follow her as the main protagonist. I think it has something to do with the fact that Athena is too good.

I think it's simpler than that; it's because she's not the target of humiliation like her senior attorneys are. Usually being such a target would better suit a protagonist or someone like Larry. The main reason I can somewhat sympathize with those calling her a Mary Sue is due to the circumstances around the 3rd case, the one she takes without anyone questioning it. She has helpful advice from her senior attorneys, cooperative witnesses (even if Hugh was a jerk at first), and even a cooperative villain until the final couple testimonies. The only one constantly giving her a hard time was Blackquill.

Quote:
Also, I'm not against the idea of a "mentor" which is what many people will say Phoenix can fit in, its just that Phoenix never seemed like the mentor character. Also, when you think about it, the mentor was never available at the drop of the hat.

Even if he was always around to take up cases that his juniors couldn't take for whatever reason, he at least refrained from jumping in unless the circumstances are that terrible. Besides, there's no point to developing what little else he has to learn about his job. It's been set since the end of T&T. Seven/eight years have passed since then! If Capcom expects the Phoenix-hype-train to keep going, they're going to need to give him a new direction, or his character will fall stagnant.

Besides, as I've mentioned in another thread, Phoenix could totally pull a Grossberg and be especially unhelpful and/or enigmatic until he needs to be helpful during a case. Mia's pulled that on him plenty of times before.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1155

Kav wrote:
Spoiler: GS5-5
There's also the issue of finding a new detective. They could either create a new one or bring back Dick Gumshoe or Ema Skye.
Spoiler:
Lana Skye as a detective and her sister as a forensic investigator assisting her, of course. Go, Investigative Sisters Skyes!

Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

Sligneris wrote:
Kav wrote:
Spoiler: GS5-5
There's also the issue of finding a new detective. They could either create a new one or bring back Dick Gumshoe or Ema Skye.
Spoiler:
Lana Skye as a detective and her sister as a forensic investigator assisting her, of course. Go, Investigative Sisters Skyes!


Now, that would be fun!

And...
Spoiler: ish for the 5:th case
I really, I mean really miss ol' Dick Gumshoe. I would prefer him to come back, I love the poor sod and would actually prefer him to the Skyes, even though they would be fun to see as well.

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7742

Spoiler: GK2-5
I feel like Edgeowrth's and Yumihiko's interactions opened up to some sort of relationship, maybe not excactly mentor-apprentice but still pretty close to it, so it would be nice to see if they still kept in touch, and to see how Yumihiko is now. He might be too easy as a rival prosecutor (in case he hasn't redeemed himself greatly over the years, but I honestly hope he's still a bit dumb), but I'd like it if he appeared in a case, not overtaking it, but still be there and serve some kind of purpose.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: GK2-5
I feel like Edgeowrth's and Yumihiko's interactions opened up to some sort of relationship, maybe not excactly mentor-apprentice but still pretty close to it, so it would be nice to see if they still kept in touch, and to see how Yumihiko is now. He might be too easy as a rival prosecutor (in case he hasn't redeemed himself greatly over the years, but I honestly hope he's still a bit dumb), but I'd like it if he appeared in a case, not overtaking it, but still be there and serve some kind of purpose.

Then it would confuse the hell out of the American players.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7742

Yeah, I know. But one can always dream...
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1546

I'd like to see an AAI exclusive character appear in the GS series. We haven't had that yet
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6439

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'd like to see an AAI exclusive character appear in the GS series. We haven't had that yet


I wouldn't mind seeing Wright appear again instead of a background like in AAI.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Posts: 6

I partially agree with @zpattack12. I want Maya back especially for no good reason. Just simply because I think she doesn't need a reason to be in the game, quite similar to Trucy. She is Phoenix' daughter, it would be weird not having her around. And Maya is, as he stated himself, the person closest to him, so the same goes for her. And I think a lot of people who only see Maya as a bubbly sidekick miss her importance to Phoenix' character (Ask Ace Attorney has a great Essay about that, by the way.).

Quote:
I think it is an irrational demand made by people more concerned about the appearance of a particular character than about the quality of the story.


And that's where I disagree with you: To me what makes the Ace Attorney series special is that the characters' stories are what makes the games' stories great. There's no other series that made me grow on its characters like this. And this is why I think that neglecting Maya by not having her appear in some way is like neglecting Phoenix' story or even his character (similar scenario with Edgeworth to me, by the way). And this is what would hurt the quality of the story in my eyes.

Maybe I'm a little bit too much into that and exaggerating but that's how I see the games.

Anyways, apart from Maya, I'd like to have Franzi back and Gumshoe at least mentioned. And, please, Larry. Hitting on Athena. The poor girl. :larry2:


Please note that English is not my first language. Sorry for any mistakes, those where not intended.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Not to drag up this argument again, but I'm kinda bored at the moment. :p
TheWheelie24 wrote:
I partially agree with @zpattack12. I want Maya back especially for no good reason. Just simply because I think she doesn't need a reason to be in the game, quite similar to Trucy. She is Phoenix' daughter, it would be weird not having her around. And Maya is, as he stated himself, the person closest to him, so the same goes for her. And I think a lot of people who only see Maya as a bubbly sidekick miss her importance to Phoenix' character (Ask Ace Attorney has a great Essay about that, by the way.).

As much as I'd like to agree with this, it just feels like blatant fanservice and doesn't treat her character fairly. She's Maya, for crying out loud! I can understand that Trucy's magic come off as rather gimmicky, but Maya is Maya. Need I say anything else? You'd think the writers could give her something better to do when the attorneys are busy working. She could help with the investigation as an assistant again, just for old time's sake, but that's it - unless the case actually needs a spirit medium around.

Still, I'd like to see Maya as a cameo in GS6 too. Even if it's just a single moment in a case when she hops on over and loiters around for the trial because she has nothing better to do - "Someone's gotta keep a good eye on Nick, anyway" - I'm good.

:trucy: By the way, Daddy, when am I going to get a new Mommy?
:pearl: I'd like to know too! I'll have wedding reservations ready as soon as possible!
:phoenix: ...Not yet, girls. It's not that time yet.
:maya: Yeah, Nick's still too young for that sort of stuff.
:nick: Maya, what do you mean by that?
:maya: So, how about we get some burgers already? I'm starving!
:nick-sweat: Don't avoid the question! ...Oh, fine, whatever.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

To be honest, if they were to bring her back as assistant, she'd better not come back at all.

Her future lies in Kurain Village and I'm not supporter of the idea of her being tacked around the crime scenes and courtrooms.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 am

Posts: 19

If Maya returns, I'd prefer it if she wasn't the assistant. It'd be nice if you got to see her doing her stuff in Kurain, maybe as part of the background to a case (though, I'd worry that it'd risk feeling too similar to the original trilogy). But I don't mind if she never appears again. Maybe she could appear in out of court sections?

I want GS6 to be an Apollo-centred game really. I don't mind if one of the cases, or even a DLC case, focuses on Phoenix/ Athena, but I really want Apollo to have an actual story arc over the games, and to resolve the unfinished plotlines. Dual Destinies felt kind of out of place as a sequel to AJ, in terms of characters disappearing/ being introduced. I like Phoenix, but the original trilogy ended on the implication that he was a capable lawyer now and doesn't need the assistance he used to. Using him as a protagonist again has felt like a bit of a regression.

I also hope they bring back the ability to examine most areas, not just the crime scene.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 am

Posts: 19

If Maya returns, I'd prefer it if she wasn't the assistant. It'd be nice if you got to see her doing her stuff in Kurain, maybe as part of the background to a case (though, I'd worry that it'd risk feeling too similar to the original trilogy). But I don't mind if she never appears again. Maybe she could appear in out of court sections?

I want GS6 to be an Apollo-centred game really. I don't mind if one of the cases, or even a DLC case, focuses on Phoenix/ Athena, but I really want Apollo to have an actual story arc over the games, and to resolve the unfinished plotlines. Dual Destinies felt kind of out of place as a sequel to AJ, in terms of characters disappearing/ being introduced. I like Phoenix, but the original trilogy ended on the implication that he was a capable lawyer now and doesn't need the assistance he used to. Using him as a protagonist again has felt like a bit of a regression.

I also hope they bring back the ability to examine most areas, not just the crime scene.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1546

Nausicaa wrote:
If Maya returns, I'd prefer it if she wasn't the assistant. It'd be nice if you got to see her doing her stuff in Kurain, maybe as part of the background to a case (though, I'd worry that it'd risk feeling too similar to the original trilogy). But I don't mind if she never appears again. Maybe she could appear in out of court sections?

I want GS6 to be an Apollo-centred game really. I don't mind if one of the cases, or even a DLC case, focuses on Phoenix/ Athena, but I really want Apollo to have an actual story arc over the games, and to resolve the unfinished plotlines. Dual Destinies felt kind of out of place as a sequel to AJ, in terms of characters disappearing/ being introduced. I like Phoenix, but the original trilogy ended on the implication that he was a capable lawyer now and doesn't need the assistance he used to. Using him as a protagonist again has felt like a bit of a regression.

I also hope they bring back the ability to examine most areas, not just the crime scene.

I don't really want Maya back but it seems inevitable at this point. I wouldn't really mind if she had the same role that Pearl had in the DLC. In the background, not interfering with the investigation, but still helping out to the best of her ability

I want it to be Apollo-centered, too, and hopefully cap off everything that was set up in AJ. If Lamiroir was murdered or accused of murder, that could bring in good justification for the Trucy-Apollo sibling reveal (I'd rather have her accused so it wouldn't be a retread of 3-5). I have mixed feelings about Phoenix. On one hand, the complaints about him are justified. On the other, I had forgotten until Dual Destinies that I really like Nick and I felt like a legend playing as him
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

the 7th Successor to the Great Thief

Gender: Male

Location: philippines

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Posts: 1

I also like maya to return or iris, not for fan servicing or cameos but they should return as phoenix girlfriend, spouse or whatever. If not, then im convinced that all leading characters will be forever alone :grossberg:
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

What I want to see is a game where Wright has to face off with Edgeworth, both Von Karma's and Godot. Don't ask me how that would work but it would be interesting. And I guess one thing I would like to see is Nick and Maya going on a actual date which leads to a huge murder case in cliche Ace Attorney fashion...I just think that kind of fan services is somewhat inevitable specially since she has been gone for so long.
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Gammalad wrote:
What I want to see is a game where Wright has to face off with Edgeworth, both Von Karma's and Godot. Don't ask me how that would work but it would be interesting.

All at once in a battle royale in SSB4-kind of style? I can dream...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Cameo appearances and fanservice in next titlesTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Or maybe it's Trucy's 17th birthday, and Phoenix planned a surprise party for her: Here's some dialogue:

Phoenix: Okay, Apollo. Fetch me that blue banner.
Apollo: Got it. :takethat:
Phoenix: Athena, draw the curtains.
Athena: Bene! (Alright!) I got it!
Phoenix: Edgeworth... Prepare to shout :objection:
Edgeworth: As you wish, Wright.
Pearl: Mr. Nick, she's coming!!!
Phoenix: Okay. Athena, Get behind the piano. Apollo and Pearls, behind the sofa, Edgeworth, you're with me under my desk.
Edgeworth: Wait, what?! I can't do that! I'm 5' 11" tall- *muffled* Nnnghhoooh!
Trucy: Huh, Where is everyone? Daddy? Polly? Athena? Pearly?
Phoenix and Edgeworth: :objection:
All: Happy Birthday, Trucy!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 3 of 3 [ 118 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO