Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

What does Shu Takumi think of GS5?Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Does anyone know what Shu Takumi thinks about the direction of GS5? If I remember correctly, he was busy working on PLvsAA when GS5 started development, but now that that is finished, I wonder what he thinks of the direction? Has he stated he's no longer working on normal AA sequels? Anyone know any info?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Re: What does Shu Takumi think of GS5?Topic%20Title

Honestly, I'd much rather Takumi worked on a sequel to Ghost Trick. That game deserves more love.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

ADA McCoy wrote:
Does anyone know what Shu Takumi thinks about the direction of GS5? If I remember correctly, he was busy working on PLvsAA when GS5 started development, but now that that is finished, I wonder what he thinks of the direction? Has he stated he's no longer working on normal AA sequels? Anyone know any info?

You think he'd give it in public, whatever it is?
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

元・超会社員級の管理人

As far as I know he hasn't made any significant comment on it. I want to say that he briefly said he was looking forward to it at some point, but I that could be me misremembering.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Part of me thinks he might not care that much anymore (not in a bad way; just that he's moved on to other projects. If I remember correctly he wanted GS3 to he the last game and later he wanted GS4 to both be the last game and not have Phoenix in it, so I always thought he wanted to move on and do things like ghost trick.

And that's ok with me; I think after 4 or 5 installments a series needs a new person behind the creation in order for it to stay fresh.

My guess is he won't comment on it in detail for a long time (while he's working at capcom) and after that he'll only really mention it if he didn't like it.

I'm most interested on if he's coming back for GS6. It would probably be strange, like if George Lucas came back and replaced JJ Abrams as director for Sar Wars Episode VIII. No matter how he feels about the direction of GS5 it probably wasn't his direction so I would imagine it would get complicated.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

1000% Knight

With corporate politics and whatnot, unless some major drama happens, I can't imagine Shu Takumi would say anything besides vaguely positive non-committal comments.

Hasn't there occasionally been interviews with Takumi where they've let people submit questions...? This would be an interesting question to ask, I think. I don't know if we'd find out what he 'really' thinks, but I think it's still worth asking.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

beterbomen wrote:
Honestly, I'd much rather Takumi worked on a sequel to Ghost Trick. That game deserves more love.

i agree he should focus on ghost trick 2

A Seeker of Truth

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

i agree he should focus on ghost trick 2

THIS :phoenix: Ghost Trick is a stellar title, so it'd be interesting to see where they would take the story if a sequel were developed :yogi: That, or it would be great if he would develop a new visual novel IP, so long as it eventually gets a release in the West. :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

On second thought, as much as I liked Ghost Trick I mainly liked it because of its excellent story, and I don't think a second game would bring back the same magic even if it had a new cast. I'd personally rather see something entirely new from him.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Sigh. Oh Takumi. I want him to help in GS6, but that's entirely up to him, obviously.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

jaydrick0620 wrote:
Sigh. Oh Takumi. I want him to help in GS6, but that's entirely up to him, obviously.

I'm not sure if I do or not. I'm waiting until I play GS5 to see if I think they need his writing.

I really liked PW:AA and AJ. I thought JFA and T&T were so-so, though; I actually liked the story of AAI better than JFA. Adding that to the fact that Takumi doesn't seem very interested in continuing the series anymore, it makes me think it's better being done by someone else. But I haven't played GK2 or DD yet. If I do and hate them, then that might mean they need him again.

Now I'm playing case 1 and 2 with the fan-translation in GK2 and so far the writing is a good leap above AAI. There's still some hit-and-miss to the humor when most of the silly characters/witnesses are a bit too ridiculous in comparison to older ones or just dumber somehow but overall it feels like a good step above AAI which I thought had some pretty bad writing (or it was the localisation). I'm thinking that Takeshi Yamazaki, the new writer has a lot of passion to continue the series but he's not as talented as Shu Takumi when it comes to script-writing but he's competent thats for sure.

I'm also gonna reserve judgement until I've finished DD, but atm I think the series has been missing a certain something since Shu left and I'd really like to see Shu maybe just write one case, or a DLC case for GS5 or GS6.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... destinies/
There, straight from the horse's mouth. This is why he needs to come back and make at least a DLC case featuring Apollo Justice.

Unfortunately I also think this could imply he is indeed out of the franchise for good, given his stance on the current state of Ace Attorney.

linkenski wrote:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/54776/shu-takumi-has-mixed-feelings-about-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/
There, straight from the horse's mouth. This is why he needs to come back and make at least a DLC case featuring Apollo Justice.

Unfortunately I also think this could imply he is indeed out of the franchise for good, given his stance on the current state of Ace Attorney.

Is it just me, or does it feel like he's holding back on the criticism?

I think he is, and with good reason. If he's still working at Capcom he shouldn't say negative things about his collagues. In a sense they have begun milking the franchise and Shu Takumi is obviously a very artistic guy, so of course he cares about his art being taken over by new people. If it were up to Takumi, he'd probably rather like it to end than forcing Phoenix back in the seat.

But like he said, a new team means a new direction to the series and that's true enough. I think he's just afraid someone will hurt the franchise.

linkenski wrote:
I think he is, and with good reason. If he's still working at Capcom he shouldn't say negative things about his collagues. In a sense they have begun milking the franchise and Shu Takumi is obviously a very artistic guy, so of course he cares about his art being taken over by new people. If it were up to Takumi, he'd probably rather like it to end than forcing Phoenix back in the seat.

But like he said, a new team means a new direction to the series and that's true enough. I think he's just afraid someone will hurt the franchise.

Of course, but I just felt like the man is probably thinking darker thoughts than 'oh, they might do well', honestly.

Still, I'm glad Phoenix is back in the suit; I was never a fan of what Takumi did to Phoenix in Apollo Justice. Of course, it would've been even better if Phoenix's story had ended in Trials and Tribulations, just like he originally intended.

Thane wrote:
linkenski wrote:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/54776/shu-takumi-has-mixed-feelings-about-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies/

Is it just me, or does it feel like he's holding back on the criticism?

Well of course he is, if his thoughts are indeed negative. Isn't Capcom still his employer? And well, he's biased also. Not about to shoot the franchise in the foot [again].
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

I heard he was surprised that they brought Phoenix back, when they had stated Apollo as the main character in the last game.

I think I read it somewhere.

[EDIT]

I found the article.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Lola-landa wrote:
I heard he was surprised that they brought Phoenix back, when they had stated Apollo as the main character in the last game.

I think I read it somewhere.

[EDIT]

I found the article.

You're pretty late for this party, aren't you? There is already a thread about it in the "Trial Minutes" forum.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

How do you make a new topic in the fourms? Some will let me some won't.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:

Welcome to Court. I almost confused you for another member since you share the same avatar.

It's a recent restriction placed on new members to limit spambots. You'll need to make at least 50 posts before you can make new topics anywhere.

For more help topics, check out the Bar Exam board. They'll answer a lot of questions.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:

Welcome to Court. I almost confused you for another member since you share the same avatar.

It's a recent restriction placed on new members to limit spambots. You'll need to make at least 50 posts before you can make new topics anywhere.

For more help topics, check out the Bar Exam board. They'll answer a lot of questions.

Boy I'll say I had a mini heart attack for a second...

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

Thanks Guys!
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps