Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 


The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

This is just something I noticed when playing through the games and the various opinions of other people I read here and other places. But the 3rd Case of every GS game seems to be ... the weakest. Wether it's characters, plotline, how the murder was done or general interest in the case, it just feels weak and badly done.

Case 1-3 - there is just so much wrong about this case. Look at my topic "Worst Case" and there's a short list of why this case is so bad. But I'll give you a briefer version.
A) That stupid photo where people discussed for a day and a half, until they finally came to the conclusion that it's a f***ing costume that hides the entire person, so it doesn't necessarily means it's the defendant wearing it
B) Hiding the presence of Vasquez and Manella, despite them being shown in stills before they are revealed, and it making no sense that Will Powers would let money shut him up since it's his life on the line
C) Mrs Monkey's Head Blocking The Path, yes, it's absolutely impossible for humans to walk on grass...
D) Annoying Witnesses
E) Generally feels more like a Fanfic than a proper case

Case 2-3 - a very much hated case. And I can agree, because despite it taking place in a whacky circus, everybody is either the Annoying kind of whacky or the Boring kind of whacky. The plot and how Acro didn't kill the one he wanted was very weakly done. Considering how we can establish at the end of the first day that none of the people we met could have killed him, we finally meet Acro and know it's him from the very beginning.

Case 3-3 - weak case. The impersonating of Phoenix was not very funny, except for maybe the first 2 minutes, the defendant has just proven how she hasn't gotten any better, the witnesses are annoying or downright unpleasant ... and putting Maya/Mia into a waitress uniform as fanservice has kinda failed.

Case 4-3 - how often did we have to watch that Serenade video? And how come the reason for the murder and smuggling was such a bad and weak idea? And we find out the "Guilty Party" early one, considering Klavier tells us to find him. And the whole thing with a small child shooting a .45 caliber without any injury whatsoever, yeah, pointless.

Case I-3 - bad plot, bad plot, bad plot. Aside from finally showing the girl who was on the game's cover (and she's not all that people probably thought she'd be), the fact that the whole kidnapping thing was a fake was obvious from the very beginning ... the obligatory Ema cameo (to please her fans) and Oldbad cameo (so we can see Edgeworth twisting his panties in a knot) and for god's sakes, boring ass Meekins again.

Can't say anything about K2-3 because I haven't played it. But considering it's the flashback case to DL-6, I do wish they somehow made this pleasant or at least passable. I loved 1-4 and DL-6 (although that case has so many problems!!) so I kinda hope it remained okay...

Considering how this "trend" has been going on for the past 5/6 games, despite the writing team having changed, can we presume that the 3rd Case of Gyakuten Saiban 5 will also be a weak case?

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Posts: 61

This is by far the lamest reason to create a thread. You are basically asking people to validate your opinion. Well, guess what? No one is going to. Personally, I think every case in the series has something interesting to offer, considering all the characters in each case are lovably quirky. So for future reference, don't create a whole new thread just to hate on the AA series
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 am

Posts: 281

Quote:
This is by far the lamest reason to create a thread. You are basically asking people to validate your opinion. Well, guess what? No one is going to. Personally, I think every case in the series has something interesting to offer, considering all the characters in each case are lovably quirky. So for future reference, don't create a whole new thread just to hate on the AA series

Er, no, that wasn't the point of the thread at all. Re-read the last paragraph.

Cat was simply showing how all of the case 3s in the past(with the exception of GK2, which isn't known due to a lack of playing) were weak, and the question then was could we expect the AA5 case 3 to be weak as well?

I would say I would expect it to be weaker than the other cases in there, because it's not at the beginning, where some memorable villain or event is generally thrown into the mix in order to grab your attention(these are usually case 2s, because case 1s are almost always just introduction material and Payne's hair flying off), and its not at the end, either, where the major twists in the overarching game plot occur. So we have filler material(and flamboiantly homosexual chefs).

I will agree with you on 1-3, though. There was a part during the second trial day where you get asked whether "you believe someone from studio 2 went to studio 1 to commit the murder"(this is before studio 2 is realized as the murder scene. I picked yes, then Edgeworth responded with the monkey head, and I was kinda expecting Phoenix to say:

"Well...they could have just gone around the monkey head?"

But even Phoenix is susceptible to bad days, I guess.

And then of course when the van comes into play nobody cares about the monkey head anymore. It can drive over giant monkey heads.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 am

Posts: 23

If we want to diagnose whether or not the "Third Case Curse" will continue, we first have to diagnose what factors cause third cases turn out bad.

Now, if there's any inherent factor that causes third cases to turn out bad, I think TheBlarghMan has it figured out. The classic third case is sandwiched between a twist-filled second case that kicks off the game's plot and the intense fourth and fifth cases where the plot comes to fruition. Given that such a game's plot is so concentrated in the episodes immediately surrounding the third case, little development is left to occur in the third case itself, leaving it in a superfluous twilight zone anime fans would recognize as "filler."

However, since Dahlia Hawthorne took the stand in 3-1, the games have increasingly tended to kick off their plot arcs in the first case, leaving the second case about equal to the third in terms of plot development. That the third case should prove to consistently be the more haphazard of two filler cases seems not to be the result of any inherent flaw, but an effort on the developers' part to lead with a stronger case, or less speculatively, simple happenstance.

It also bears considering that the GK team has an affinity for game-spanning plot lines, so we can at least expect the third case not to be complete filler; the third case of GK2 is, from what I've heard, critical to the game's plot and possibly the best in the game besides. However, given the GK team's inconsistent record, plot-relevance is no guarantee of quality.

All that taken into account, there really isn't anything to say about 5-3's prospects at this point. It could be good, bad, or somewhere in between, but there's no way of knowing until it comes out. What use is there debating hyptheticals?
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Posts: 226

Personally, I view these "filler-cases" as a means for fans to see how their favorite character can interact with different individuals/situations, seeing as how they're very focused on the plot-at-hand.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

Quote:
The classic third case is sandwiched between a twist-filled second case that kicks off the game's plot and the intense fourth and fifth cases where the plot comes to fruition. Given that such a game's plot is so concentrated in the episodes immediately surrounding the third case, little development is left to occur in the third case itself, leaving it in a superfluous twilight zone anime fans would recognize as "filler."


Makes sense.
However, to be honest, I'd rather have an AA game with only 4 Cases, where all cases involve something important to the plot, than a game with 5 Cases and one just feels extremely odd to me. (A reason why AJ doesn't work for this example - it has only 4 cases, but the third one still remains feeling awkward)

After all, GS1 (originally) has only 4 cases. That was good.
Okay ... in 1-3, the one thing that I could possibly count as being necessary and important to the Important Case Arc, is at the end when Edgeworth breaks up severs ties with Phoenix, which is kinda important in 1-4. But otherwise, 1-3 was just ... nah. Waste of time.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

I disagree about 3-3, I like that one. But that aside, this theory makes a LOT of sense. I believe it's because the creators, as said above, feel the need to have a filler chapter, one where they can shove pretty much anything they want. Plot-unrelated jokes, fanservice, cameos, that sorta thing.

And what the hell was that first reply?
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

Or it just be a COINCIDENCE. :yuusaku: Ever thought of that? :udgy:
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3435

adit2789 wrote:
This is by far the lamest reason to create a thread. You are basically asking people to validate your opinion. Well, guess what? No one is going to. Personally, I think every case in the series has something interesting to offer, considering all the characters in each case are lovably quirky. So for future reference, don't create a whole new thread just to hate on the AA series


Hey look at that, you have 6 posts and have been here for 6 years.

You are by far, the lamest person to ever post on this forum.
You are basically being a little asshole and posting in a new topic trying to get people to think you're funny and edgey. Well guess what? You're a faggot.
Personally, I think everyone should have at least 100 posts before they start talking shit, and actually be a part of the community instead of coming in and being a dick.

So for future reference, suck a fat one. And don't come online again just to hate people who make interesting topics.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Or it just be a COINCIDENCE. :yuusaku: Ever thought of that? :udgy:


A 5-game coincidence?

DoMaya wrote:
adit2789 wrote:
This is by far the lamest reason to create a thread. You are basically asking people to validate your opinion. Well, guess what? No one is going to. Personally, I think every case in the series has something interesting to offer, considering all the characters in each case are lovably quirky. So for future reference, don't create a whole new thread just to hate on the AA series


Hey look at that, you have 6 posts and have been here for 6 years.

You are by far, the lamest person to ever post on this forum.
You are basically being a little asshole and posting in a new topic trying to get people to think you're funny and edgey. Well guess what? You're a faggot.
Personally, I think everyone should have at least 100 posts before they start talking shit, and actually be a part of the community instead of coming in and being a dick.

So for future reference, suck a fat one. And don't come online again just to hate people who make interesting topics.


Yeah, that was the reply I was referring to, what's the problem in creating a topic that says bad things about PW?
Like it's all flowers and shit. Come on man. Suck a fat one [2]
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4155

Okay, that's enough. If you're going to disagree with each other, please be civil about it.
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Posts: 1410

I consider it a coincidence. Many say that the odd numbered Star Trek films are bad, while the even number ones a good. Do you honestly think that Capcom intentionally makes the third case of each AA game bad? :yuusaku:

Also, let's respect other people's opinions. No need to be rude. :will:
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 281

CatMuto wrote:

Makes sense.
However, to be honest, I'd rather have an AA game with only 4 Cases, where all cases involve something important to the plot, than a game with 5 Cases and one just feels extremely odd to me. (A reason why AJ doesn't work for this example - it has only 4 cases, but the third one still remains feeling awkward)

After all, GS1 (originally) has only 4 cases. That was good.
Okay ... in 1-3, the one thing that I could possibly count as being necessary and important to the Important Case Arc, is at the end when Edgeworth breaks up severs ties with Phoenix, which is kinda important in 1-4. But otherwise, 1-3 was just ... nah. Waste of time.


I don't know about that...(I like having 5 cases over 4, more gameplay!) I think the 3rd case is important because the defense needs to get more familiar with the prosecution, because like your example in AJ, going into the final case, Apollo would have faced Klaiver just once. And in GS2, if a 3rd case was removed, Phoenix would face Franziska once...ever.
But I understand. Before finding this topic, I've noticed the 3rd cases are odd. Heck, 1-3 and 4-3 suck. There isn't any memorable villains from all of the 3rd cases.
They need to make the fillers better....and I'd guess that if Takumi struggled to make a decent 3rd case, this writing staff will write a mediocre one.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

No, no, I never wanted the entirety of a 3rd Case removed!
Merely that I would prefer to have only 4 Cases to play through, where all make sense in terms of necessary plot they are building up to, rather than 5 Cases where the one in the middle seems completely out of place.

For example, look at GS3.
1st Case - Mia's past, Dahlia's introduced as a little bitch
2nd Case - Introduction of Godot
4th Case - More Mia's past, obviousness that is called Diego Armando (Seriously, after getting to Case 4, who didn't know?), Dahlia's first appearance
5th Case - Huge festival about the Fey Clan and why Godot is how and what he is

Granted, without the 3rd Case, Phoenix and Godot would've faced each other in court only twice in total. But it would've kept the plot tight - it's all about Godot. Phoenix actually takes a place in the back of the stage while everything else seems to center about the mysterious Godot and how he came to be.
At least, that's a reason what I do not like about GS3.
It didn't focus much on Phoenix, not giving us any new information (aside from him being a naive idiot even prior to GS1) and basically feels like a game that focuses on this guy who was randomly introduced in this game and now we have to create a giant plot arc with betrayal and lost and unlost family members and explain how the Fey clan fits into it all. I'm digressing ...

But Less can be More at times, remember.
Ignoring the fact that the 3rd Case is just the obligatory "Fight new Prosecutor before Big Case" part of the game, with it lacking, we could get a bigger message. Okay, for GS2, if we had gone from Morgan plots Something in Case 2 to Phoenix learns an important Message in Case 4, it would've felt weird. But Case 3 just felt even weirder in its place.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Posts: 31

Well, we don't even know what the third case is yet, so we can't know before it's even out yet. And, from what I've heard, The Inherited Turnabout (GK2 case 3) is probably the best case in AAI2, and definitely one of the better cases in the whole series. The Imprisoned Turnabout (Case 2) is pretty bad from what I've heard.

So, if GK2 Case 3 broke the pattern, this game might also. Only time will tell. (Although I personally liked all the third cases for what they were worth and I haven't even got to Turnabout Serenade yet, but I do agree that they were somewhat weak cases, and generally a bit contrived, Big Top especially. That's just my opinion, however.)
Image
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2822

My only problem with 3-3 is the trauma of being sexually molested jumped on and ogled by Jean Armstrong. After that, the case's other flaws seemed to fade away for some reason.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

CatMuto wrote:
No, no, I never wanted the entirety of a 3rd Case removed!
Merely that I would prefer to have only 4 Cases to play through, where all make sense in terms of necessary plot they are building up to, rather than 5 Cases where the one in the middle seems completely out of place.

For example, look at GS3.
1st Case - Mia's past, Dahlia's introduced as a little bitch
2nd Case - Introduction of Godot
4th Case - More Mia's past, obviousness that is called Diego Armando (Seriously, after getting to Case 4, who didn't know?), Dahlia's first appearance
5th Case - Huge festival about the Fey Clan and why Godot is how and what he is

Granted, without the 3rd Case, Phoenix and Godot would've faced each other in court only twice in total. But it would've kept the plot tight - it's all about Godot. Phoenix actually takes a place in the back of the stage while everything else seems to center about the mysterious Godot and how he came to be.
At least, that's a reason what I do not like about GS3.
It didn't focus much on Phoenix, not giving us any new information (aside from him being a naive idiot even prior to GS1) and basically feels like a game that focuses on this guy who was randomly introduced in this game and now we have to create a giant plot arc with betrayal and lost and unlost family members and explain how the Fey clan fits into it all. I'm digressing ...

But Less can be More at times, remember.
Ignoring the fact that the 3rd Case is just the obligatory "Fight new Prosecutor before Big Case" part of the game, with it lacking, we could get a bigger message. Okay, for GS2, if we had gone from Morgan plots Something in Case 2 to Phoenix learns an important Message in Case 4, it would've felt weird. But Case 3 just felt even weirder in its place.

C-A

Although I agree that the 3rd cases do seem out of place sometimes, what keeps the cases together isn't just story or the characters - it's the overlying theme within a game or some morality story. Let's go through them one by one.

GS1-3, Turnabout Samurai. At first glance, it seems like an excuse to sidetrack from the main plot for random stuff and giggles. Sure, it's a homage to popular shows like Power Rangers and whatnot; a good time for the players to relax. Only, not really. What ties this case to the others isn't only facing against Edgeworth (nor is it Oldbag, sadly). Nor is it about Nick and Maya's bonding time; plenty of time for that later. This is the first case that brings in a major subversion to the routine case: the actual criminal is not a murderer. She caused a death, but it wasn't intentional. That alone adds so much more depth to the game and a wider perspective on the world these characters reside in. Bringing in Cody suggests the proper level of discipline handled by a court of law, as the previous case revealed a powerful and influential enemy that held the court in his hands. And of course, Edgeworth's shining moment the first time he broke out from his usual a**hole parade. There's so much character development going on that no matter what, I can't hate this case.

GS2-3, Turnabout Circus. Oh, a random circus is in town! Time for more ill-placed jokes! And then, Nick himself says no. All these outrageous personalities make his courtroom antics seem sane. Though we find the Judge as one of the silliest characters in this series, even he can't stand Moe and is generally speechless about Ben and Trilo. But the key player here is Acro. I may be alone here when I say this, but I like his story, simple and tragic. That's what makes the final breakdown so touching; it was all by ill chance. This is a case solidly brings in the meaning of "justice for all," as in there were no "bad" people in that case. Even the murderer was someone you could sympathize with. And Franzy, as little as she contributes to this case, could not be replaced by anyone - Edgey's gone off to repent, and any new character introduced here would be out of place. We still need an unforgiving prosecutor that players can hate. The battle victory feels so much sweeter, not to mention learning about Franzy's "revenge".

GS3-3, Recipe for Turnabout. Although there's the running gag of Nick and Maya gaining imitators, it's more development for both attorneys. Like the previous case, Nick has a lot of trouble understanding Godot because he's oblivious to the latter's past (beside the coffeenese). But Maggie's predicament can be related to Nick's when he's facing Godot. There is such a strong sense of distrust and betrayal all around in this case. The Judge was at first reluctant to believe the real Nick was back. Tigre was playing Viola for a fool (look, there's the pun in her name!). Nick's rep was ruined thanks to Tigre; now, it's not just the usual "turn Nick into the butt-monkey" charade (not really a charade, but it's definitely a running gag). And above all, the deceive-poison betrayal combo that Tigre shows - it brings back bad memories for Nick. Trials and Tribulations, out of the entire series, focuses on the theme of betrayal and deception the most. Godot is there as a pinnacle of doubt, but it isn't all about him, as he himself comes to realize.

GS4-3, Turnabout Serenade. This is indeed my least favorite of the third cases, but that isn't to say it's that bad. At first, I thought little of Klavier because his character was so simple and moral. By the third case, I added "whiny little brat" in there. JK. This case is another one that throws in a few surprising twists: the client isn't completely off the hook, the culprit was someone close to the prosecutor, and the one who was blind was the lady. Focus on the 2nd point. It wasn't until after the game when I slowly realized how tragically Klavier's story is presented. He's always been too naive, and those who are close to him can easily deceive him. In a way, it's just like Nick before he became an attorney (even the "whiny brat" part fits!). What does Apollo gain from this case? He's still growing as an attorney himself. Both of his previous cases were practically laid out for him: one by Nick and Kristoph, the other by Klavier. Now, Klav's caught in a tight spot and isn't going to make it easy for Apollo - finally, the challenge and the true reward. Also, it's a case when Nick can get some rest from being onscreen... waiting for the results of his 7-year trap.

GK1-3, The Kidnapped Turnabout. I dunno, but I like Kay's intro. Never mind Edgey becomes a hostage for the sake of fanservice. But gawrsh... more naivety in relationships. Easy deception should be the main theme of the third cases, above all else. You'd think Edgey would be able to better choose his partnerships than Nick would. NOPE. Proven by the paucity of Gumshoe (that's gotta be a rule somewhere). Oh, of course there's the "happy" couple. And another young lady whose loving parent dies an underwhelming death. Even I'm getting tired of these recurrences as I type. But what's the overlying theme of this game anyway? Edgeworth is being compared and contrasted to Phoenix in terms of the protagonist's view a little too much at times. Unfortunately, both this game and its sequel don't have their amazing concepts applied as tangibly and as collectively as the original trilogy. At least they do a decent job of expanding the AAverse with more foreign interaction.

GK2-3, The Inherited Turnabout. I've played it, so I can talk. Compared to the rest of the cases in GK2, this one definitely brings in a huge nostalgia quotient into the equation. It's the case that leads into the DL-6 incident, so obviously, Gregory Edgeworth and Manfred von Karma are going to face off. According to this case, they had some fierce arguments out of the courtroom, which comes to the best part of this case. The rest of the case... I have mixed feelings. It's a creative case, filled with candy and cake, but the way the murder was hidden for so long is beyond what I can take seriously. But, the important point here is the introduction to the background of the game's mastermind and how the first and second cases tie to the end. Though, like its prequel, the organization of the story is a bit sloppy. But I have to disagree that this third case is the "weakest link" in GK2. If anything, it's the strongest.

In conclusion: A paucity of Gumshoe means someone's gonna suffer by way of betrayal. As the "filler" cases of each game, the 3rd cases can hold their own for the most part, just as much as the 2nd cases, because their primary purpose is gradual revelation of the plot and its twists.

A disclaimer: This is a defensive rant. I don't expect it to be that well-spun, so expect holes.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

Quote:
This is the first case that brings in a major subversion to the routine case: the actual criminal is not a murderer. She caused a death, but it wasn't intentional.


Point taken.
But was she somebody we really knew or even cared about? No.
Did her act of self defense somehow make her into a sympathetic character that we feel for having taken a life? No.
She got introduced halfway through the case and her entire personality can be nicely phrased as being a bitch.

Quote:
I may be alone here when I say this, but I like his story, simple and tragic. That's what makes the final breakdown so touching; it was all by ill chance. This is a case solidly brings in the meaning of "justice for all," as in there were no "bad" people in that case. Even the murderer was someone you could sympathize with.


That is a good reason - and that justice thing is the only reason I like this case, because it does give the feeling that justice doesn't mean it goes and happens to bad people. Acro is, in my opinion, the only sympathetic killer in this entire game series.
But his reason for wanting to kill Regina is f***ing stupid, to put it kindly.

Quote:
And above all, the deceive-poison betrayal combo that Tigre shows - it brings back bad memories for Nick.


Thank you, you have reminded me of the single reason why I can think of a connection going through all T&T cases. But other than that, it feels weird - even if nobody seems to trust Nick. Heck, if that bluffer were my attorney, I'd fire him and opt to represent myself. But that's not the point of this thread...

Quote:
Never mind Edgey becomes a hostage for the sake of fanservice.


:nick-heart: Uh, no! Stop distracting me! :karma-scream:

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

CatMuto wrote:
Point taken.
But was she somebody we really knew or even cared about? No.
Did her act of self defense somehow make her into a sympathetic character that we feel for having taken a life? No.
She got introduced halfway through the case and her entire personality can be nicely phrased as being a bitch.

Well, it's true that her character could have been done better if she had more screen time. It was the point to make her a bitch, though, being the target of the player's spite. And that's why Capcom dropped in that little snip after the revelation. If she wasn't such a pain beforehand, people could actually sympathize with her.

What players admire most from this case beside Edgey's Steel Samurai fetish is most likely when he was willing to sabotage his own case for Powers' sake. That is powerful writing, given what we had seen of him before.

Quote:
That is a good reason - and that justice thing is the only reason I like this case, because it does give the feeling that justice doesn't mean it goes and happens to bad people. Acro is, in my opinion, the only sympathetic killer in this entire game series.
But his reason for wanting to kill Regina is f***ing stupid, to put it kindly.

It's so sudden that even Acro himself admits that he didn't understand why he would go so far (classic example of a victim of poor plot devices). But I agree with him on one point: Regina really needed a reality check.

So did Franzy, and she got it. I never would expect to compare Franziska to Regina, but there's some intriguing parallels. Notice that it's not so much about her dealing with illegal tactics in court that's the problem. It's that she was too proud to realize how much suffering she caused. Fortunately, she was saved by the end of JFA with that turn in development. Regina, however, is as ditzy in GK2 as ever. I can't help but get irritated with her. Now multiply that feeling with 6 years, accounting for who was responsible for his brother's coma. It's really painful. I wouldn't know if Acro had any sort of mental disorder, but he snapped.

The worst case in AA history to me has to be the Lost Turnabout with sudden amnesiac Phoenix. It came out of nowhere and was obviously an asspull for the purpose of making a tutorial level. Wellington's breakdown was funny, and I like Maggie, but the case itself is bad. I suppose compared to that, my lenses would be tinted more lightly toward this case. :grey:

Quote:
Thank you, you have reminded me of the single reason why I can think of a connection going through all T&T cases. But other than that, it feels weird - even if nobody seems to trust Nick. Heck, if that bluffer were my attorney, I'd fire him and opt to represent myself. But that's not the point of this thread...

Don't worry. Edgeworth was just as surprised to find out how low the courts of this country had gone, for them to accept the word of someone with a cardboard badge. Apparently, everyone in there was too scared to report Tigre, so he got away... until the real Phoenix kicks him out.

In a way, it's also a sort of show-off to Godot, round 2. "Stop treating me like a kid! I can handle my own problems like a man!" There's some of that "defiance" in case 3-2 as well, but another incident like it was what it took to really piss off Godot. I don't remember exactly during which case when Godot objected only to throw a cup of coffee at him, but it was one of those two.

Quote:
Quote:
Never mind Edgey becomes a hostage for the sake of fanservice.


:nick-heart: Uh, no! Stop distracting me! :karma-scream:

C-A

:keylady: should have taken a picture and blogged it into the official artwork.
I guess she didn't because Capcom would ask request after request for those pictures. The last time I checked, :godot: was a tough guy to find and kidnap, and he's one of the favorites. At least :kyouya: would gladly oblige.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

Rubia, you might as well become a defense attorney, I've never seen anyone defend 1-3 so convincingly!

I still keep my opinion regarding the third cases; the only one that is not dumb on overall plot and participating characters (though I do understand those little details better thanks to your post) is 3-3, and maybe GK2 when I get to play it. The problem is they are for character development, yeah, but they seem to be, also, plagued by nonsensical fanservice and shallow meanings.
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

Thanks! I do tend to bluff my way through arguments, though. Case in point below. Respect to my fellow debaters!

The intermediate cases often are wrongly labelled as "filler" because of an overall disinterest in them. A more accurate description would be "sequential breaks from highlights." You can't get from climax to climax without some relatively less intense moments to fill in-between. It's only natural the 3rd cases would seem weak in comparison because they're placed right before cases 4 & 5, where the spectacular things happen. If case 3 is the highlight, then cases 4 and 5 will drop in quality. That's what happened in GK2. The end felt rushed, as if all those loose ends conveniently tied themselves up. (And the final boss felt so underwhelming compared to the boss in case 4.)

It's surprisingly difficult to take these separate stories and connect them all in some way. The end result can become a mess of intertwining plots that tends to confuse the audience. What at first appears to be a strong recurring theme or relevance can become weak if it's improperly placed or isn't deeply implanted in the... flow of the plot, for lack of a better term. As a story writer myself, I frequently take notes on this.

On a related note, why do the later games pale in comparison to the original trilogy? For one, there's a strong focus on one character. For another, we see him grow with accumulated experience, up until he faces the most dangerous (and most stubborn) opponent of them all. In stark contrast, the only reason GK2 follows GK1 is because of a week skip (pun not intended). We could easily flip them around, switch the arrivals of certain characters, and with localization thrown in, we wouldn't know the difference. AJ's timeline completely cuts off from the original trilogy, and Takumi had the right idea to switch to a new protagonist. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep his original draft.

Side-by-side comparisons can be biased based on order along a timeline. To maintain an impartial view, we have to break them apart and extract the essences. By "essences," I mean the cement that holds these concrete blocks together. But maybe I shouldn't call them "concrete blocks." They're more like cotton balls sitting in a bag, and by analyzing them, they're dumped out and yanked into fluff... erm, the cottony kind, not the other.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

Quote:
Regina really needed a reality check.


Considering how he knows her and that her view of Death is that everybody becomes a star that is hard to see because it appears during the daytime, yeah .... killing her father or herself would not have changed. Cause, you know, even with Regina dead, would Bat miraculously awaken? (In terms of cliché drama plot, yes - then we'd find out he never would've blamed Regina for this stuff)

Basically, it's a stupid idea to give someone a reality check that way. What he should've done is tell her, "Dafuq, girl, he hell you put pepper on his scarf for?" and she could've simply told him it was meant to be a cutesy-revenge plot thingy because he made her sneeze (I still don't get what was so horrible about that...) and that the whole thing was just an accident due to bad timing.
Which it was to begin with, but people tend to ignore that in favor of putting blame on someone else.

As said, I never played GK2 and had hoped the 3rd Case would remain good, because it had to do with DL-6 and I'm glad to read that it seems to be a really good case. Although :gregory: 's hat-and-flasher-coat outfit seems a bit strange to me.

Quote:
What players admire most from this case beside Edgey's Steel Samurai fetish is most likely when he was willing to sabotage his own case for Powers' sake. That is powerful writing, given what we had seen of him before.


Well, his Samurai fetish wasn't that noticeable back then - he only said he's a fan of Power's work.
But perhaps Edgeworth's turnabout (hah!) in 1-3, where he sabotages his case to bring the truth out, was more of an impact than it was to me. See .... I never really played GS1 - I read VGR's recaps of the Case 1 until 3, so I originally started with JFA and then got GS1 and skipped over those three to just finish Case 1-4, cause it interested me. So I generally got to know the Edgeworth from 2-4 (although the recaps gave me a good idea of his image and personality and all), the one who constantly plays Ping-Pong with Phoenix to prolong the case .... god how I hated him for doing that ....

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

CatMuto wrote:
Basically, it's a stupid idea to give someone a reality check that way. What he should've done is tell her, "Dafuq, girl, he hell you put pepper on his scarf for?" and she could've simply told him it was meant to be a cutesy-revenge plot thingy because he made her sneeze (I still don't get what was so horrible about that...) and that the whole thing was just an accident due to bad timing.
Which it was to begin with, but people tend to ignore that in favor of putting blame on someone else.

Though it's never suggested in-game, I'm pretty sure he already tried it. Murdering someone isn't exactly a first priority choice. I agree that the game developers should have made that point clearer, though they did try to include it during Acro's apology, when he commented on how simply Regina sees her world. It's like his words didn't even matter to her. He knew why, but that hatred still remained. (If he was more forgiving, it would be more realistic, but then we wouldn't have a case where the Judge yells at a witness for being too childish.)

...And it kinda pissed me off by the credits when Regina didn't seem to learn as much as she was supposed to. Well, 16 years in a circus is really tough to push aside. At least Max and the troupe were planning to travel abroad to help with that problem.

Given the nature of the second game, it leans more toward expanding the AA-verse, introducing Kurain Village (leading into GS3), bringing in a greater level of humor than the previous game (hence the awkward entrance of a circus, of all things, and introduction to the Grand Prix), and diversifying the people that Phoenix meets during his first few years as a lawyer. Even in this slice-of-life genre of game, there are people who are so deeply submerged in fantasy that even Kurain Channeling becomes normal.

Quote:
As said, I never played GK2 and had hoped the 3rd Case would remain good, because it had to do with DL-6 and I'm glad to read that it seems to be a really good case. Although :gregory: 's hat-and-flasher-coat outfit seems a bit strange to me.

I think it fits. His character design is based off of Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird, published in 1960. Around then, film noir crime drama was pretty popular, and the detectives on those shows usually dressed in such a fashion.

Admit it. Edgeworth would totally dig that outfit as a 34-year-old.

Quote:
Well, his Samurai fetish wasn't that noticeable back then - he only said he's a fan of Power's work.

I know it's not the most important point in that case, but it's where the rumors began. That counts as something, right?

See, it just doesn't feel the same if he wasn't a fan of some kids show. It's because of something as trivial as this that people love him... more.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

Quote:
Admit it. Edgeworth would totally dig that outfit as a 34-year-old.


.... o-of course he would. Oh I hope he'd wear glasses, too .... (Majority of fan-art of him "returning" post-AJ seems to have him with glasses) .......... dammit, now I need to draw Trenchcoatworth.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

when i become meguca ur shit is wrecked

Gender: Female

Location: Varian World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 am

Posts: 341

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Never mind Edgey becomes a hostage for the sake of fanservice.


:nick-heart: Uh, no! Stop distracting me! :karma-scream:

C-A

:keylady: should have taken a picture and blogged it into the official artwork.


Spoiler: GK-2 Screenshot
Image


Close enough! :butzthumbs:
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14254

Yeah the third cases tend to be filler for the most part, however I've never really had any major issues with them.

Catmuto just seems very critical of AA games in my opinion but hey that's just who she is. I don't sweat as many of the small details to break my mind over plotholes and simple solutions. It's a game it's understandable to have limits and not allow every single possibility. It's not really a court simulator you are playing after all, more an adventure game/graphic novel, sure it can be frustrating when something doesn't work in a way it would (say knee high fences you can't climb over for example) but hey that's part 'n parcel of gaming in my eyes.

1-3- I found quite entertaining as I quite liked some of the characters there. Penny's card obsession was pretty funny and Cody's inability to draw his sword and general demanour I found cute.

2-3- Lotta people have problems with this one. I enjoyed/admired Regina's positive outlook on life and actually frowned at Nick trying to crush it a little at the end. Ben/Trilo were a bit dull but I enjoyed the rest of the cast. As for the 'Moe's Testimony' thing which bothers a lot of people it didn't really bother me. Perhaps it's obvious? It's been a while so I can't remember the testimony but I solved it easy with no penalties, though think I replayed it just to see his jokes again when I press the wrong bits. As for Acro well I found his story tragic and moving and didn't notice the possibility he was the killer at the time. Granted I was younger and wasn't in the mindset of 'limited cast, one of them must be the killer' that would have fingered him right away but hey the case was perfectly enjoyable too.

3-3- Gonna have to say I loved Tigre's character and how ridiculous he is. The impersonation thing is unbelievable yeah but it's only a filler case so I played it for a rule of funny and snickered along at the problems and jokes that are born from it. Along with the adorable Lisa Basil these interesting characters really make this case enjoyable for me. If anything I find Viola's role in it to be mediocre but hey it doesn't make a good case a bad case.

4-3- Again this one is largely sold by the characters for me. It introduces Valant Gramayre and man I love that guy. Lamiroir too is very nice but her inclusion is especially important for the big reveal about her later on in the game. Sure perhaps we had to watch the video a bit too much but I really enjoyed the 'spectacle' that is Valant and all his magic trickery. Plus it's important as it lets us see another side to Klavier in how he takes his music just as if not more seriously than his law career. Considering how in case 4-2 the first one with Klavier as an opponent you don't even make him break a sweat or panic it's quite entertaining to see how much his music meant to him. Plus I kinda love the music in it.

I-3: Was kinda important because it introduced Kay and (while some people complain about it) the rather important Little Thief device along with the other important characters of Lang and Shih-na. If anything it's less of a filler case than AAI-2 as it brings up the conflict between Edgeworth and Lang and all his cool little mannerisms. Granted it's full of fanservice but that's something that plagues all of AAI. Plus it has one of the few few genuinely scary moments in AA history in it. Ol' Proto Badger sneakin up on ya.

So yeah I'm ok with most all the third cases.

I can see why most of them would be filler cases but hey that's fine I can understand not every case having to be the most plot-relevant one in the world but it doesn't make them any less an enjoyable experience. If anything I'd say third cases are more comedic than the others as they can let themselves loose and not be tied to such serious plots for the most time.

But that's just me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.


Last edited by Pierre on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6146

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Admit it. Edgeworth would totally dig that outfit as a 34-year-old.


.... o-of course he would. Oh I hope he'd wear glasses, too .... (Majority of fan-art of him "returning" post-AJ seems to have him with glasses) .......... dammit, now I need to draw Trenchcoatworth.

C-A

:karma: Muhahaha... Victory.

Pierre wrote:
I-3 I loved because it allowed you to play as Bratworth. Man I'd wanted to do Bratworth's finger waggle in the name of justice for a long time so was great fun playing as him. However more interestingly I found was that it gave you a brief look into the Von Karma family life. It was fascinating to see Mannfred in everyday life and more interestingly in a mentor role whereas before he was simply a villain.

Also tiny Franny is adorable. I mean the inclusion of TYRELL BADD I really enjoyed and was enough for me but the rest of the scenario just works a treat for me.

Hey, that's case I-4. I-3 is the one with the Protobadger, hostages, and Kay's entrance. Oh, and the easter egg.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14254

Quote:
Hey, that's case I-4. I-3 is the one with the Protobadger, hostages, and Kay's entrance. Oh, and the easter egg.


My apologies that's right, AAI's screwy timeline messes me up a bit but I'll edit the post.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

What is my liiiife?!?

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am

Posts: 2504

Quote:
I enjoyed/admired Regina's positive outlook on life

You mean her sheltered, naive and factually incorrect outlook on life?

There was a reason why we were supposed to feel sorry for Acro, though the blame falls squarely on her father.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14254

Gerkuman wrote:
Quote:
I enjoyed/admired Regina's positive outlook on life

You mean her sheltered, naive and factually incorrect outlook on life?

There was a reason why we were supposed to feel sorry for Acro, though the blame falls squarely on her father.


Yes factually incorrect but a happy outlook.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9897

But just because she creates a happy outlook on life doesn't mean that it'll work out eventually. Okay, in that circus of hers, maybe, although what I saw of Moe and Ben on the last day . . . well, they seem to be pretty sick and tired of her airheadedness and want her to get rid of it.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14254

CatMuto wrote:
But just because she creates a happy outlook on life doesn't mean that it'll work out eventually. Okay, in that circus of hers, maybe, although what I saw of Moe and Ben on the last day . . . well, they seem to be pretty sick and tired of her airheadedness and want her to get rid of it.

C-A


Maybe so but compared to the rest of the grim broken down people at the circus she seemed lovely to me with her positive attitude. Though I thought the Star thing about the afterlife was a lovely story and felt that was the harshest of crackdowns by Phoenix at the end.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

CatMuto wrote:
But just because she creates a happy outlook on life doesn't mean that it'll work out eventually. Okay, in that circus of hers, maybe, although what I saw of Moe and Ben on the last day . . . well, they seem to be pretty sick and tired of her airheadedness and want her to get rid of it.

C-A



Not that Moe has any right to be tired of anyone's attitude. I was just as sick of him during the last day.

But I digress.
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Can I just say one little thing?

Gender: None specified

Location: High Prosecutor's Office, Room 1299

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:48 am

Posts: 12

These cases are really like filler episodes, but in my opinion it cannot be REALLY called that because they have important bits that is necessary for the 4th or 5th case to have the feeling that it connects with all the previous cases.

1-3: shows :edgeworth: 's "good side" for the first time.

2-3: :edgeworth: 's first involvement in this game and his return is shown at the end of the episode.

3-3: :godot: 's inability to see red is implied here, plus the glowing visor thing.

4-3: introduces Lamiroir and Valant

I-3: Kay's, Shih-na's, and Lang's debuts and further information about the smuggling ring.

I2-3: I assume you all know this.
:maya: "Hey, a ladder!"
:phoenix: "That's a stepladder."
:maya: "So? They're the same thing, Nick! You should stop basing your opinions on narrow-minded cultural assumptions!"
:nick: "..."
:objection:
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14254

Burden, you can use spoiler tags if you want to put information down that may be risky such as in the case of AAI2 in your last post.

For the record I don't know about AAI2 so it would be wise to not assume that we all know about something. I also don't want to know about AAI2 yet so please use spoiler tags.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Posts: 49

More important question: will a woman with big boobs turn out to be evil in the second case?
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Posts: 455

Maybe they were fillers but there's never been an AA case I didn't like.

1-3: I thought this showed a nicer side of Edgey's character. Also, it began the great Steel Samurai fandom!

2-3: I never found this annoying. I thought Moe was really funny. Bad funny but still.

3-3: This case was one of my favourites! It was so funny! I thought Nick was funny in it.

4-3: This was my favourite from AJ because Phoenix was in it less. So I was less worried about him.

AAI 1-3: I like this case too. Kay is one of my favourite characters and her introduction was awesome!

Even if they were fillers, they were still epic. I love having five cases as it means I can play for longer. I think the 3rd cases perhaps come away from the plotline to focus on the crime solving gameplay. Anywho, we all have different feelings about it.
Image
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Can I just say one little thing?

Gender: None specified

Location: High Prosecutor's Office, Room 1299

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:48 am

Posts: 12

Pierre wrote:
For the record I don't know about AAI2 so it would be wise to not assume that we all know about something. I also don't want to know about AAI2 yet so please use spoiler tags.


@Pierre: Oh sorry! ^^; I saw GK2 being discussed above and I thought you were in said discussion, so I assumed that you knew. Silly mistake. :payne:
:maya: "Hey, a ladder!"
:phoenix: "That's a stepladder."
:maya: "So? They're the same thing, Nick! You should stop basing your opinions on narrow-minded cultural assumptions!"
:nick: "..."
:objection:
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Little Bird

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Posts: 4

Even though the 3rd cases in each game were probably my least favourites, I wouldn't want to see these "filler" cases go. I like them - it's nice to have some new, fresh, unrelated-to-everything-else characters and plots, whose stories are fulfilled in the single case. I hope they continue in GS5, though I hope they're better than 2-3/4-3.
Re: The 3rd Link is the Weakest - even in GS5?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Just a fellow PW fan!

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Posts: 70

In highschool english class I was always taught that when writing an essay it's best to start out with your second strongest argument, followed by your weakest and finally end with your strongest point, that way you keep the reader interested at the start and impress them at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the PW writers follow a similar pattern with their cases and in what order they do them.
Page 1 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO