Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Play as a Prosecutor in GS5Topic%20Title

Mega Prosecutor

Would it be great if u can actually play as the oppesite side
in GS5? :kyouya: :garyuu:
Re: Play as a Prosecutor in GS5Topic%20Title

I dunno, I think it would take a lot away from the game if you played as a prosecutor.

Seems the whole battle is to prove someone who has a shed load of evidence against them innocent.
If you were a prosecutor, all of the evidence is right there for you.

Besides.
Prosecutors are often portrayed as being evil bastards XD Telling witnesses not to mention certain facts etc.. >.>

Though.
I did enjoy playing as Edgeworth in T&T... but he was an honorary defense attourney then anyway ^^'

Surf's Up!

fishy_hylian wrote:
I dunno, I think it would take a lot away from the game if you played as a prosecutor.

Seems the whole battle is to prove someone who has a shed load of evidence against them innocent.

They could change it so that the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Also you'd have to produce evidence to counter any claims the defence makes.

fishy_hylian wrote:
Prosecutors are often portrayed as being evil bastards XD Telling witnesses not to mention certain facts etc.. >.>

I wouldn't say any of the prosecutors are evil except for :karma: (and maybe on a smaller scale :franny:).

likes to object! C:

fishy_hylian wrote:

Well you can't call
Spoiler:
Klavier Gavin
evil, right?

I think it would be a nice change. Though I like playing as Apollo and Phoenix : )

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

No.
fuck

likes to object! C:

Darzie P wrote:
No.

No to what?

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

The topic's question.
fuck

likes to object! C:

Darzie P wrote:
The topic's question.

Allright! Sometimes you should use longer sentences in order to help us understand correctly. :)

Faith is for the transient people.

ssophiaa wrote:
Darzie P wrote:
The topic's question.

Allright! Sometimes you should use longer sentences in order to help us understand correctly. :)

He doesn't need to. :P Obviously he was responding to the posts and topic in general. Though 'No' is quite short for any reply. Pay him no mind though, he just states his answer to each topic question and focuses on other aspects of the board.

Either way, I kind of disagree altogether about this. Playing as a prosecutor would get you nowhere. What about the cross-examinations? That's one very important part of court proceedings. How would the script run the defense if the player cannot do the examinations? Obviously it would make it too easy for them to point out contradictions.

Though I admit that if there were some sort of... mini-game or somewhat, where you decide what parts of a testimony to leave out and see if that results in a guilty verdict or not... or some variation of such... would be interesting, at the very least. If done correctly.
Proud supporter of Phoenix/Iris, past, present and future
Thank you Elriel! :D

The sexy blonde

I don't think it would be good to play as a prosecutor.

1. It takes away from Feenie's old philosphy. "Defend the people who don't have anyone" or whatever.
2. The protagonists have been defense attorney's. Why change it?
3. We'd probably get stuck as :paynehair: .
Image I am hotter than Dessie. Deal with it.WOCKY IS SO FUCKING CUTE!

Ashy wrote:
I don't think it would be good to play as a prosecutor.

1. It takes away from Feenie's old philosphy. "Defend the people who don't have anyone" or whatever.
2. The protagonists have been defense attorney's. Why change it?
3. We'd probably get stuck as :paynehair: .

Though I would admit that it would be... quite awesome to play as Edgeworth again. Prosecutor or Honorary DA again. :edgy:

likes to object! C:

Xero Wright wrote:
He doesn't need to. :P Obviously he was responding to the posts and topic in general. Though 'No' is quite short for any reply. Pay him no mind though, he just states his answer to each topic question and focuses on other aspects of the board.

Well then, I need to apogolize. I was the one to not understand his/her obvious claim xD I'm sorry my english is not very good.

Xero Wright wrote:
Either way, I kind of disagree altogether about this. Playing as a prosecutor would get you nowhere. What about the cross-examinations? That's one very important part of court proceedings. How would the script run the defense if the player cannot do the examinations? Obviously it would make it too easy for them to point out contradictions.

While the defense attorney cross examining the witness, the prosecutor could object it. The game editors could do something good.
But I like playing as a defense attorney. I like the way it is. Especially I love Apollo better.

Anyways, you're right, I think I agree with you. (: The game does not need a change.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
fishy_hylian wrote:

They could change it so that the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Also you'd have to produce evidence to counter any claims the defence makes.

fishy_hylian wrote:

I wouldn't say any of the prosecutors are evil except for :karma: (and maybe on a smaller scale :franny:).

Well, Edgeworth certainly started off quite embittered towards Phoenix and hungered for his perfect 'Guilty' record until you had beaten him enough times for him to concede. And he DID try to doctor witnesses statements and there were rumors of his forging evidence.
Franziska was a bitch to Phoenix (but endearingly so)... actually, I think she still holds a grudge against Phoenix for ruining her perfect win record!

You can't say Godot wasn't out to get Phoenix either.

Klavier Gavin was certainly an exception to the rule. I liked him as a character, but the trials became less about fighting against the prosecution and more about fighting against stubborn witnesses.
Spoiler:
Though, in the game I don't think we needed an enemy in the prosecution because you had the arch-villian in Kristoph... even if he was only in the first and then last trials...
Plus, I'm sure everyone was too interested in piecing together the jigsaw pieces of Phoenix's past to bo too bothered about Klavier's un-prosecutor-ness XD

Besides.
Proving an innocent person guilty isn't as fulfilling as proving an innocent person innocent against all the odds.

Last edited by fishy_hylian on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^ Ji Hye Jang

I wouldn't want to see it as the whole focus of the game, but for part of the game, or maybe as a spinoff game, I'd like to.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

fishy_hylian wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:
fishy_hylian wrote:

fishy_hylian wrote:

Well, Edgeworth certainly started off quite embittered towards Phoenix and hungered for his perfect 'Guilty' record until you had beaten him enough times for him to concede. And he DID try to doctor witnesses statements and there were rumors of his forging evidence.
Franziska was a bitch to Phoenix (but endearingly so)... actually, I think she still holds a grudge against Phoenix for ruining her perfect win record!

You can't say Godot wasn't out to get Phoenix either.

Klavier Gavin was certainly an exception to the rule. I liked him as a character, but the trials became less about fighting against the prosecution and more about fighting against stubborn witnesses.
Though, in the game I don't think we needed an enemy in the prosecution because you had the *SPOILER*
Plus, I'm sure everyone was too interested in piecing together the jigsaw pieces of Phoenix's past to bo too bothered about Klavier's un-prosecutor-ness XD

Besides.
Proving an innocent person guilty isn't as fulfilling as proving an innocent person innocent against all the odds.

Please, put the arch-villain thing in spoiler tags! Read the "Read this or you're banned! :D" post, where Croik specifically stated to tag GS4 spoilers in the GS5 area.

Shame on you people who think that this idea wouldnt work. It would simply have to be set in a another region where crime is rampant and the judicial system has fallen into shambles. Then, a new prosecutor arises with the skill to combat the masses of evildoers...

The witnesses could be bribed to go for the defendant, and the defense attorneys could all be corrupt and after the defendants money. That would be even more satisfying to break through then a perfectionist prosecutor who really is just doing his job. And I mean, hello, I think its time the police werent the bad guys for once. This could portray them as being hardworking heros against crime, and image that PW doesnt promote. *coughgumshoemeekinsgantmarshallcough*

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Playing as a prosecutor would be awesome. You wouldn't have all the evidence to start: The investigation phase would involve speaking to all the detectives, using forensic techniques (which would play a MUCH larger role in a prosecutor-centric game), and working in concert with the police, talking with the coroner to figure out the most accurate autopsy report.

Then you would stand in court (it would have to be a new prosecutor) against a crooked Defense Attorney who only cares about getting his clients declared not guilty (they would be guilty, of course). Then, you'd have to use the evidence you have to prove your case, rather than disproving the prosecution's case. A prosecution game would work well with the idea of Trial By Jury, too. After all, in the PW games, you always end up finding the guilty party anyway, right? This would just cut out the defending part and go right to the "upholding justice and punishing the guilty". It would be an awesome change of pace; I don't see why people would be so resistant.

ACTUALLY...

Spoiler: AA4
Maybe the prosecutor spinoff game would take place in the 7 years between T&T and Apollo Justice, and a new hotshot prosecutor would have to go up against Kristoph Gavin in court. That might be cool, and it would give Kristoph more background.

Xero Wright wrote:
Please, put the arch-villain thing in spoiler tags! Read the "Read this or you're banned! :D" post, where Croik specifically stated to tag GS4 spoilers in the GS5 area.

Whoops, my bad. Fix'd.

---

In regards to playing as a prosecutor... eh, how do i put this as coherently as possible...

Like has been said - when you help the defendant, you also find out the actual perpertrator of the crime that proves the prosecution wrong. So that being said - the whole 'punishing the guilty' theme you are after is actually already in the games. Instead it's also 'Defend the innocent, Punish the Guilty.'

Not exactly a theme you could reproduce as a prosecutor, instead it's just punish the guilty, because unless the defendant was actually the one who commited the murder - at the end of the day you're putting an innocent person in jail to aid your 'perfect win' record. It takes away one of the fundemental themes of the games - actually, I personall think it takes away the WHOLE point of the games.

It might be interesting to play as a prosecutor for, say, one case. Maybe. I seriously doubt you'd be able to make a strong game based on a prosecutor.

And I don't think the game purposely means to portray the police in a bad light. The simple fact of the matter is that these criminals have obviously gone out of their way to pin the crime on someone else, so the evidence the police find is all they can really work on. It doesn't work like that in real life, but that's the way it goes in the games, obviously. The police find facts and evidence at the scene of the crime and make a quick decision on who to arrest. Then attourneys get assigned to take on the cases.

Ok, I think I'm rambling a bit here... so...

tl;dr

A lot of the suspence you get from the game is derived from the fact you are defending someone who is wrongly accused. Successfully prosecuting someone who already has strong evidence against them won't have the same impact, IMO.

But please, feel free to prove me wrong. I just can't see an entire game working as a prosecutor. Actually, I think if you had one case where you worked at a prosecutor it may weaken the game significantly o_o'

◕ ◡ ◕

Hmm, I don't think it would work. Playing a prosecutor in this game would be like reading the text without having to present evidence/answer questions, etc.

^ Ji Hye Jang

You could still have to choose which witnesses to call when, what to get them to testify about, choose which evidence to present or not... and as someone else suggested, what the witnesses should say or not.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

I think it would be okay...since the defense most of the time try to prove the witness is guilty :yuusaku:
RUN NEKU!

I love EDITING sprites! look at my work here:http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9943&p=591113#p591113

Objection!

◕ ◡ ◕

It would still take the fun out of the game, and would be less linear and more messy. And one of the best parts about playing a defense attorney is finding out who the real criminal is. If you were playing a prosecutor you'd have to try to prove the defendant guilty, and I'm assuming you'd be correct if you're playing an Ace Attorney game- and the ending would be less satisfactory.

Justice :D :D

In fact you are playing a prosecuter half of the time in the AA series.
When you have gathered some information and have cracked some testimonies,
you have to accuse other people and then those people will say they didn't do it,
and then you have to proof them wrong with evidence.

Souns pretty prosecuting doesn't it :godot: :franny:
ImageThank you Elriel for this amazing sig!!

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical
- Blaise Pascal

Hi

Prosecutors have to accuse the person accused of the crime. As a defense attorney, it adds an amazing aspect of "whodunnit". That's one of the best parts of Phoenix Wright.

COFFEE!!!

I agree that it would be to easy to win as a prosecutor, but I liked the one person's idea of having it as a mini-game type thing.

My idea would be that after you beat a case, you unlock the next one, and you can go back and play the original case as a prosecutor this time around and get the guilty verdict. It would be nice to see the prosecution win one every now and then.

Roman Law Ace Attorney

I would be great for prosecute :minuki: for say MAGIIIIIIIC in public *random comment*
Enjoying the best of Law! IN SPACE!
Ace Attorney in training

Love isn't for everyone...

Hail Queen Godot

It'd be good in a spinoff game.

Justice :D :D

Pro Prosecutor: Prison for all

:D :D
ImageThank you Elriel for this amazing sig!!

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical
- Blaise Pascal

Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada (yes i live in canada)

Na it wouldn't work
sigTolombo conMagic

What do you see behind the mask?

Well, it would be really interesting, but just for one, maybe two cases.
The main subject should still be the attorney part!

Bitch Attorney

I think it'd be a nice idea for say the fourth or fifth chapter as a mirror to what they did with Edgeworth in the third game.
Fabulous Hat is Fabulous

a top game phoenix wright

it can have 5 cases as the defense and 5 cases as the prosecutor.

Skin Sausages!

KayeBitchery wrote:
I think it'd be a nice idea for say the fourth or fifth chapter as a mirror to what they did with Edgeworth in the third game.

This.

It could work as a one-time gimmick. Maybe even only for a day, just like in T&T.
Fabulous Hat is Fabulous

Putting Smiles on those Faces.

This would be a bit more difficult to do as a game and make interesting.

They'd have to do something like Law & Order, where half of the game is the investigation and the other half is prosecution. They'd probably do the 'the client is always guilty' version of what they did with the PW/AJ games (with exceptions for the 'twist' case), which would make it a case of finding the person to accuse in the investigation, and then dealing with the evidence and its presentation to put them away.

In fact, the Jurist System makes it EASIER for this kind of game, since you have to balance Jury opinions in your presentation. It would be less about 'decisive evidence' and more about presentation and removing individual doubts. I think you could do it the old way, providing the positive bias towards the prosecution is removed.

I doubt they'd do it. They've got a good system going, and they'd have to alter the balance and take a risk with the system to do it well. It would be interesting for at least one game, though.
Lisa Basil: Very Blue :keiko:

Limey has made Franzy cry!

Special thanks and celestial donuts to you!

US!

I'd rather not,
because usually you would know who did it.
the defendant,

I would not mind it though for half a trial

and then in the other half you play as the defense.
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

Sushi will kill you!

I would love to do that! I wanna play as :kyouya:!

:rock'n:

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
I'd rather not,
because usually you would know who did it.
the defendant,

I would not mind it though for half a trial

and then in the other half you play as the defense.

I think that would be kind of weird. Trying to get a guilty and a not guilty in the same case? :yogi:

Gotta Luv Edgey!

It would be sweet if you could be on the prosecution's side...I was really happy when you got to play Edgeworth in PW3! not that i was sad to leave phoenix...but still

Doesn't know how to ride a bike D:

Mm, a tempting thought but I highly doubt it. Playing as a Prosecutor after having four games follow the trademark path of the Defense would be rather odd. If ever Capcom did want to do something like that, I guess it'd make more sense if they make an alternate "Ace Attorney" game for Prosecutors. Something such as a parallel game wherein you replay the cases as a Prosecutor.

The problem with that would be the sheer cost of money, and yeah. By proving all those innocent people guilty, you'd be an "evil bastard" xD

Putting Smiles on those Faces.

Saori wrote:
Mm, a tempting thought but I highly doubt it. Playing as a Prosecutor after having four games follow the trademark path of the Defense would be rather odd. If ever Capcom did want to do something like that, I guess it'd make more sense if they make an alternate "Ace Attorney" game for Prosecutors. Something such as a parallel game wherein you replay the cases as a Prosecutor.

The problem with that would be the sheer cost of money, and yeah. By proving all those innocent people guilty, you'd be an "evil bastard" xD

Manfred Von Karma: Perfect Prosecutor anyone? :karma:

Nah, if you were a prosecutor, all the defendants would be guilty by game fiat, just like all the clients in AA were innocent, although this would make a bit less sense, given that PW universe defense attorneys can select their clients, while prosecutors have to prosecute whomever they choose to charge. The investigation phase would have to be longer and more detailed, where you, as prosecutor, have to decide whom the evidence points to, and then uphold this in course.

It'd have to be a spin-off, I agree. It would have a significantly different structure than the PW games.

Actually, it would probably require that you control several characters in the investigation and prosecution, from detectives to prosecutors. Because it's a central office, I could see it beginning with the Chief Prosecutor assigning different people to different tasks (for example, assign someone to assist in the investigation, and another to prosecute). The Mason System could be used as a framework for that kind of game, where you switch between different characters (kind of like an episode of Law & Order).

There, I've gone on a tangent off of your joke. I feel vindicated. :godot:
Lisa Basil: Very Blue :keiko:

Limey has made Franzy cry!

Special thanks and celestial donuts to you!

Super Ace Attorney

It wouldn't have to be easy, they would just need to give you a Pheonix Wright-ish defence attorney to go against. Then you would have to disprove all the crazy theories they think up on the spot.
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker
Page 1 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps