Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 27 of 34[ 1333 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Re: Apollo Justice Case 5: full game released! (+7 h gameplay)Topic%20Title

Programmer

I sorta doubt that it's a bug here. I am most likely just missing something obvious and not thinking.

Btw, I forgot to mention that the CE arrows look horrible with the inner most sides of the arrow buttons missing. It looks like someone just cut apart the regular button and didn't bother to make the edges look decent.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Just a fellow PW fan!

henke37 wrote:
Ok I am stuck.
Spoiler: trial 2
The judge wants me to accuse someone with some evidence. I feel as if I have tried everything here, including accusing Apollo and the cat. I must be stupid or something. I think it has to be pole, but I can't think of any evidence (profiles aren't even a selectable option).

Btw, I did manage to get stuck at the wig bug. And restarting from an earlier save somehow worked. And some graphics sometimes randomly fail to load. And the autosave when you present stuff leads to a less ideal save, it still works, but you have to close the court record yourself. And yes, I am using the latest version of both the engine and the game (according to the built in updater at least).

Spoiler: Hint
Try to go back a few saves and read closely as to what people say. There's a part where someone gives a statement which involves a piece of evidence they shouldn't have mentioned/known about (it ties them in to the crime scene in the graveyard), and that's the person you accuse with the evidence they mentioned.

Spoiler: Answer
Rhea, gum

Two more games coming up soon

henke37, thanks for bringing those details to my attention ;)
I still fail to see what would explain the wig bug (I recently played the whole game to go bug hunting and didn't get anything of the sort), and the CE arrow is a PyWright thing, but the failing graphics are being fixed one at a time. I'm a bit busy at the moment, as I'm settling in in a new country, but I'm working on a new version I hope will get released relatively soon.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

The edges look decent on my button. Could you post a screenshot showing the bad graphic so I can confirm we are both looking at the same thing? That graphic was updated quite a while ago, but the old version might have snuck into one of the updates or something.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Programmer

Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler: trial 2 testimony

Another bug, when I first visited the detention center on day 1, the chief had the wrong alignment, his sprite appeared too low and managed to cross the screen split. (I have no picture of it)

As for pictures failing to load, the same pictures worked just minutes before they failed.

And a tiny request for the trial maker, sync the tiny arrow with the big one. Also, the CE textbox does not have the normal tiny arrow. It has special arrows on each side that indicates if the testimony goes on in that direction.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Thanks! As for what I can do myself...
The Chief Justice's alignment is fixed.
The reason pictures sometimes fail has nothing to do with the pictures themselves, but rather the fact that emotions are set incorrectly, for instance if someone typed "e=happyu" instead of "e=happy". Most of these problems are now fixed, but the new release is not completely ready yet.

Programmer

Talking about script errors, the final three part setup causes script errors if you screw up the first two parts.

Spoiler: trial day 2
You mean if you select the wrong decisive evidence (like the computer file)? What kind of error, and when exactly does this happen?

henke37 wrote:
Here is a screenshot:
Spoiler: trial 2 testimony

Yeah, that's definitely the older version. I did indeed screw up one of the patches :)

henke37 wrote:
And a tiny request for the trial maker, sync the tiny arrow with the big one. Also, the CE textbox does not have the normal tiny arrow. It has special arrows on each side that indicates if the testimony goes on in that direction.

Those are some good points. To-do listed.

Thanks for reporting.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Programmer

The last error is jump to a non existent label. And just to make it clear, some of the failing graphics worked for the same line just minutes before. (It happened to one of the fail scripts and I saw them a lot.) A restart of the engine seems to fix that.

I forgot the exact error, but the engine seems touchy to extra fast clicking. I don't recall anything specific, just that it's a vague feel.

"...Naturally."

Right, I'm downloading this. I finally have the time to play this. :edgy: Can't wait to finally play! :D
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

Ima paranormal photographer!!!!

im still on the first investigation AND, I think im supposed to look at something in the chief justce's room. Anything I need there?
EDIT: Found it! I forgot to look on the other side >.>
Spoiler: things i hate
NEVER, EVER make the judge suspect or even A VICTIM!!!! That just annoyed me, and can u change rheas music? its rlly anoying......

Spoiler:
Well ping, i did encounter the first investigation bug but got over it so to everybody who has the bug: JUST START THE GAME AGAIN!!!!! or dahlia wil get mad at u :chinami: >.< that was quick. anyway :chinami: u dont have much to lose :chinami: !!!

bye!

Spoiler:
You need to examine the golden plate and the bust.

Changing the fact that the Judge is the suspect wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Remove that aspect, and plot holes appear everywhere. Besides, it is meant to trigger negative emotions ; the more it does, the more effective the case is in the end. It's a deliberate choice, and I'm ready to accept all the consequences that come with it.

Ravel, who is widely considered to be one of the great composers of all time, doesn't have any problems with you finding his work annoying. He's used to criticism by now :p Personally though, I'll stand by him, though he'd also probably prefer my changing the theme for something else, for copyright reasons XD

Good luck with the rest of the game! Don't hesitate to ask me if you need any help.

... I think i have the old version.....

What makes you think that? Which old version, demo 3 or an old version of the full game? When and where did you download the game? What's our purpose in life? (okay, that's one question too many XD)

I hope you won't have to download the game again... but don't worry, if you do, I'll give you a script so you can start where you left off.

The Trusty Nudal!

Lotta hart wrote:
change rheas music? its rlly anoying......

Lotta hart wrote:
its rlly anoying......

Lotta hart wrote:
rlly anoying

You're kidding right? Ravel's music is amazing. Gosh.
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Of course, music is about as subjective as anything can get. And even though Ravel is well regarded by most, Lotta hart may dislike this particular piece, or think it doesn't fit the character, which is perfectly understandable (though I imo it does. It was chosen not randomly, but for very specific reasons). It's really a matter of opinion and taste.

Rising Inspirations

Lotta hart wrote:
NEVER, EVER make the judge suspect or even A VICTIM!!!! That just annoyed me-

Now, I completely and utterly disagree. I thought Ping's choice is unique and it brought effect. Using a much loved character and able to develop it (characterization) further, as well as bringing shock value is what I would consider good storytelling. The controversial aspect that Ping did is what I would consider a step up in "no bounds" in storytelling for the Ace Attorney universe.

But that's my opinion, and that is yours. :phoenix:

:beef: :jake: I found a bug, after when poole says I think yuo helped me we are looking at rhea and it has this white box with random stuff i it and the only thing i remember from it was the'click here to skip text' line, plz fix. thanks :keiko:

Ping' wrote:
Of course, music is about as subjective as anything can get. And even though Ravel is well regarded by most, Lotta hart may dislike this particular piece, or think it doesn't fit the character, which is perfectly understandable (though I imo it does. It was chosen not randomly, but for very specific reasons). It's really a matter of opinion and taste.

well it sounds like oprea singing, and i just dont think that fits rhea

Ping' wrote:
What makes you think that? Which old version, demo 3 or an old version of the full game? When and where did you download the game? What's our purpose in life? (okay, that's one question too many XD)

I hope you won't have to download the game again... but don't worry, if you do, I'll give you a script so you can start where you left off.

because its the testimonys
the boxes look different

Ping' wrote:

well it sounds like oprea singing, and i just dont think that fits rhea

:beef: :jake: I found a bug, after when poole says I think yuo helped me we are looking at rhea and it has this white box with random stuff i it and the only thing i remember from it was the'click here to skip text' line, plz fix. thanks :keiko:

also, need help with o fishers 1st testimony cos ive got 1 health bar left....

Logic

This looks like the real thing... I'm amazed by how you were able to capture it all. Kudos for all your hard work I'm going to play it right now :D

Thanks! Hope you'll enjoy it.

Lotta hart >
Spoiler:
Press every statement.
When you get to the testimony a second time, press the statement where he says there was a struggle between the defendant and victim.

The Trusty Nudal!

Ping' wrote:

*Bows head down in shame*
O.K. Master Ping.

Nah, it was just another of my awesome lame attempts at a joke.
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Need some help. D:

Spoiler:
After the judge tells me he's burnt the letter, what do I do next? I've talked to everyone and gone everywhere I can.

Spoiler:
Ok so this is the evidence u should have: attorneys badge, bracelet, Chamber's request, Rhea's business card, Blood, Gun, Uniform, Letter and the wig

Spoiler:
I have that, plus the statue and golden plate.

Spoiler:
Im stuck near the end where apollo has to connect what Rhea has said to a piece of evidence and i dont know what it is. I always get the judge going "I see no connections between the case, what ms wits has said...

REALLY need help, im stuck at the bit where you gotta prove there were 2 fishers

The Trusty Nudal!

Lotta hart wrote:
REALLY need help, im stuck at the bit where you gotta prove there were 2 fishers

Spoiler: Answer
Try presenting Erlenmeyer together with the wig.

thank u

Wow! This game is awesome. I'm going to have to find the time to start it all over again though because I accidentally lost save file (or whatever it's called, I'm not good at PyWright) while trying to move the PyWright file on my computer.

But it's not a problem because this game is so good I'd play it again
and I'm only up to the part where...

Spoiler:
Erlenmeyer asks you to defend him

... but if there is a way to skip ahead back to that part, can someone please help me?

Lia wrote:
Wow! This game is awesome. I'm going to have to find the time to start it all over again though because I accidentally lost save file (or whatever it's called, I'm not good at PyWright) while trying to move the PyWright file on my computer.

Spoiler:

... but if there is a way to skip ahead back to that part, can someone please help me?

Spoiler:
yeah same, im stuck with investigation 2 where chambers was murdered, and i dont know wat to do >.> :damon: :jake: JAKE FTW!

Last edited by Lotta hart on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Trusty Nudal!

Lotta Hart,

Spoiler: Please Read
Chambers being murdered is a huge spoiler, please edit your post and put it under spoiler tags.

Last edited by nudalman on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sup?

Me being the idiot I am (though I am deeply enjoying this case), I've gotten stuck on Investigation Day 2...
Spoiler:
I have just entered the Biology classroom with Ema, and got both the Laboratory Mice, and Sheet Music. I now have no idea what to do. I've talked to her about "The Real Crime Scene" and "Case Solved?" and there appears to be nothing more I can do at the moment. Any help is much appreciated.

nudalman wrote:
Lotta hart wrote:
Lia wrote:

Spoiler:

yeah same, im stuck with investigation 2 where chambers was murdered, and i dont know wat to do >.> :damon: :jake: JAKE FTW!

Lotta Hart,

Spoiler: Please Read
Chambers being murdered is a huge spoiler, please edit your post and put it under spoiler tags.

ok done

1000% Knight

@nudalman: you need to get rid of the quote from your post, as it's un-spoiler'd there xD

@Col:
Spoiler:
Try examining the pictures on the floor, they should be added to the court record. Also try presenting the mice, music, and pictures to Ema. Also, try leaving the biology classroom.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Trusty Nudal!

Bad Player wrote:
@nudalman: you need to get rid of the quote from your post, as it's un-spoiler'd there xD

@Col:
Spoiler:
Try examining the pictures on the floor, they should be added to the court record. Also try presenting the mice, music, and pictures to Ema. Also, try leaving the biology classroom.

Oops, hehehe.

Done. Now Lotta Hart must do the same, from when she quoted me quoting herself :P

Sup?

Many thanks, that was very helpful. I could swear I'd already looked at that... Silly me. However, I think I may have found a bug...
Spoiler:
Ema gave me the Car Interior Photo, and it was added to the Court Record... except it wasn't. When I checked afterwards, it wasn't there at all. I hope I don't need it for anything...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Actually, scratch that. I have just got into Judge's Bedroom, and suddenly, the Car Interior Photo is right where it should be in my evidence.

Just finished the whole game!

Anyone who hasn't played this game yet and is considering ... what are you waiting for?! because this game is freaking AWESOME!
Page 27 of 34 [ 1333 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games