Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Case X: TR (GK SPOILERS) (Please lock)Topic%20Title

Case X: Turnabout Remembrance (formerly AAI: Reminiscing Tales), is a sequel to AAI and a prequel to Justice's Memoirs, my fan sequel to GS4.

Case X occurs exactly one year after Quercus Alba's smuggling ring was stopped by Edgeworth and Kay. The legendary prosecutor is planning to return to Germany when he suddenly receives a phone call from someone who leaves him incredibly shocked.

Miles Edgeworth, you are a foolish fool if you aren't going to prosecute me in tomorrow's trial.

His sister, Franziska von Karma, has been accused of the murder of Calisto Yew who was sentenced to be hanged later that day.

Will Edgeworth decide to prosecute his 'sister' and find the truth behind the murder of Calisto Yew?

Title: Case X: Turnabout Remembrance
Project Head: Tap
Current Contributers: ShadowEdgeworth (co-writer)
Engine: AAO
Plot: 100% Complete
Scripting: 5% complete
Programming: 0% complete

Schedule

Trailer - ???
Game - October 2010

Case X has been abandoned and concept has been combined into my main series, Justice's Memoirs.

Last edited by Tap on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney Investigations: Reminiscing Tales (GK SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Spoiler: HUGE GK SPOILERS
In the trailer, in Shih-na's profile, you wrote "caught her and Himiko Kazura.
Shih-na IS Himiko Kazura.

Aside from that, I guess this could turn out to be a cool idea. And it will be strange to play an Ace Attorney Investigations game without moving around, I guess.
Will you port this to PWLib once 1.2 and the Mikumo Extension are released? Of course, you would have to edit it once AAI comes out to add localized names, but I don't think 1.2 will release before February.

DeMatador wrote:
In the trailer, in Shih-na's profile, you wrote "caught her and Himiko Kazura.
Shih-na IS Himiko Kazura.

Aside from that, I guess this could turn out to be a cool idea. And it will be strange to play an Ace Attorney Investigations game without moving around, I guess.
Will you port this to PWLib once 1.2 and the Mikumo Extension are released? Of course, you would have to edit it once AAI comes out to add localized names, but I don't think 1.2 will release before February.

Thanks for pointing out my error DeMatador. I'm aware they are the same person however I didn't phrase it correctly in the trailer. Probably because as I said, I did this in under 5 minutes. I have played GK several times and have pretty decent understanding of the Japanese language, so I know they are the same.

This is a side game to my major one, as Justice's Memoirs heavily ties into GK. I might port it to PWlib but I don't think I will as I'm using AAO for this one only because this game doesn't have GK styled gameplay at all. Make sense?

Ptapcc

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

At the spoiler: As long as it is fixed in the final version, it's alright.

At the rest: It does. So this a Gyakuten Saiban game with Gyakuten Kenji plot and characters and concept and such. I mean it's a GS game gameplay-wise.

I am still intrigued: since it doesn't have GK gameplay, "Moving" Investigations are left out. So gameplay would base itself in "Still" Investigations and... Rebuttals?
Basically what I am trying to say is I don't understand what this game's gameplay will be like.

DeMatador wrote:
At the spoiler: As long as it is fixed in the final version, it's alright.

At the rest: It does. So this a Gyakuten Saiban game with Gyakuten Kenji plot and characters and concept and such. I mean it's a GS game gameplay-wise.

I am still intrigued: since it doesn't have GK gameplay, "Moving" Investigations are left out. So gameplay would base itself in "Still" Investigations and... Rebuttals?
Basically what I am trying to say is I don't understand what this game's gameplay will be like.

Spoiler:
Since I am using AAO and it's going to be Gyakuten Saiban styled, it's going to be Edgeworth investigating GS styled about 'the truth of Himiko Kazura'. You also get to play as Kazura in the past so you get to be a defense attorney in court. As Himiko Kazura was a mystery in the game, I can develop her character heaps and give her a history that ties into Justice's Memoirs (eventually). Make sense?

Wow, that makes a lot of sense.

Looking forward to it! But people will probably not play it until they've beaten AAI.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case but I couldn't help it. Gyakuten Kenji was so fascinating and this idea came to me when I realised that there would be a lot of unexplained things in Justice's Memoirs. This game provides the opportunity to explain those things.

Waiting on Godot...

Ah- I'm involved doing art for a game inspired by a game I've never played before XD This is new! OK. Well, we'll see how that goes :)
ImageImageImageImage

LuAA Developer

Wow a GK fancase already ^^

good luck~

priceless.

Ptapcc: I'm curious, if you're not using GK gameplay, why not do a PWLib version? There doesn't need to be a delay because as far as I know, anything AAO can do, PWLib 1.1 can do already, and 1.1 cases will still work when 1.2 comes out.

Of course, the additional coding time would also cause a delay, but that's not what it sounded like you were talking about.

Edit: I just realized that the issue could be GK sprites, but couldn't KSA_Tech send you those?

Spoiler: Response to whitehelm
whitehelm wrote:
Ptapcc: I'm curious, if you're not using GK gameplay, why not do a PWLib version? There doesn't need to be a delay because as far as I know, anything AAO can do, PWLib 1.1 can do already, and 1.1 cases will still work when 1.2 comes out.

Of course, the additional coding time would also cause a delay, but that's not what it sounded like you were talking about.

Edit: I just realized that the issue could be GK sprites, but couldn't KSA_Tech send you those?

An excellent question to ask actually. I was surprised no one has actually brought that up. I am using AAO due to the size of this game. This is actually quite the small game- consisting of three court trials (individual and new trials each time) and several investigation periods.

The coding is another problem. While in theory i could use PWlib to make this, I will be using some new features based on GK gameplay and as the Mikumo extension isn't released yet, I can do this with AAO. Note that this won't be a GK styled game but some parts will have a tiny bit of it. I can't say anymore due to spoilers.

I'm not using GK sprites at all, except for a reflected Kazura scaled in court and the small sprites for certain scenes.

[spoiler=GK case 4]If you have played The Departed Turnabout, you should know what I mean.

Well folks, Part 1 of Case 1 has been released and is waiting for you to play. There is still a small part left of Case 1 left but that will be released in due time.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=11233

Also do not criticize me for using the GS4 backgrounds when it should be the GS1-3 court backgrounds due to when it is set. I am following Capcom and doing a retcon because it looks better :D
Re: AAI: Reminiscing Tales (Case 1 Pt 1 released!) (GK SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

I can't play this yet because of the spoilers, unfortunately.
But looking forward to it...
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Ping' wrote:
I can't play this yet because of the spoilers, unfortunately.
But looking forward to it...

Part 2 is due to be released in a few days. Hopefully my internet won't be capped then :sadshoe:

Yes, your game is at the top of my list now Ping'. Don't worry- I'll have it done :garyuu:

Two more games coming up soon

Thanks for understanding... It's just that if I don't see tangible results soon, I'll start panicking about the release date. And in the end, it's better for everyone, not to work at the last minute under a lot of pressure.

In any case, sounds ambitious for a side project. It'll be interesting to see how you handle the gameplay.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Ping' wrote:
Thanks for understanding... It's just that if I don't see tangible results soon, I'll start panicking about the release date. And in the end, it's better for everyone, not to work at the last minute under a lot of pressure.

In any case, sounds ambitious for a side project. It'll be interesting to see how you handle the gameplay.

No problem. I've been working on TS the last few hours actually. I feel ashamed. I haven't touched it in two days Ping' so I'm trying to catch up.

It's like a GS game actually. There are investigation and court periods and zilch GK game play moments. Hopefully when you've played AAI, Case 2 might be out.

Box art added however it looks more like a box art for a CDi game...

No, not the CDi! The box art is very nice, as is the actually game. I wish you luck with completing it, and I can't wait to play more.

Apollon Flame

Played the game. It was splendifirous orhoweverhesaysit :redd: The think that catches my mind were some minor spelling issues and one major spelling:
Spoiler: AAI Remisniscing Tales and Miles Edgeworth spoilers
When Himiko Kazura presents the second contract, the one ripped by half, she says JS instead of JF, which is Jane Fishburn.

A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Played the game. It was splendifirous orhoweverhesaysit :redd: The think that catches my mind were some minor spelling issues and one major spelling:
Spoiler: AAI Remisniscing Tales and Miles Edgeworth spoilers
When Himiko Kazura presents the second contract, the one ripped by half, she says JS instead of JF, which is Jane Fishburn.

Redd White is so hard to write. I toned him down hoping that he wasn't as glimmerous when he was younger but *sigh*, I failed. I did invent a few new words for him though.

Spoiler:
Thanks for pointing that out. Originally her last name started with S and that's what is wrote down on the script. I'll fix it though.

Re: Case X: Turnabout Remembrance (GK SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

It's been a while since I last posted in this thread, but...yeah. :karma:

UPDATE!

Case X: Turnabout Remembrance is still being worked on. Formerly titled AAI: Reminiscing Tales, I renamed it for a few reasons. One of them is the plot.

The plot was completely revamped however it will still end the same and have the same characters but with different roles. The major changes is that you no longer play as Calisto Yew in the game since I couldn't figure out how to tie her first case into the plot.

The story now is that Franziska von Karma has been arrested for Yew's murder and she's asked Edgeworth to prosecute him for some absurd reason. This was going to be the cliff hanger once Part 2/6 was finished of the original RT.

...Anyway, this will still be made on AAO because not only do I like it's flexibility (just like Pywright), I also started it there and will finish it. Also, I plan to use AAO's expression engine which PWLib nor Pywright have.

The estimated date for Case X to be out is sometime in October since I need to work on my major fan game first however I intend for Case X to be out before Case 4 (or possibly even 3) development has started.

I really liked the case where you play as Calisto Yew! and when I couldnt find it to finish it I was like =(!
Also how do you flip the AAI sprites without causing them to not be animated. so Calisto Yew or Rhoda Teneiro faced the right and Edgeworth or Franziska faced left like in court? :ini:

AceAttorneyConnor wrote:
I really liked the case where you play as Calisto Yew! and when I couldnt find it to finish it I was like =(!
Also how do you flip the AAI sprites without causing them to not be animated. so Calisto Yew or Rhoda Teneiro faced the right and Edgeworth or Franziska faced left like in court? :ini:

Oh, wow, massive bump. xD

This case has actually been abandoned. I've integrated the concept and story into my main series Justice's Memoirs due to a lack of inspiration, ideas and motivation to actually work on it. :/

Thank you for your comments though! ^^

I flipped Calisto's sprites in Jasc Animation Shop and since it's quite a versatile program to use, it was very easy unlike GIMP, Imageready and Photoshop. ;)

You can also do it in Easy Gif Animator but you need to play around with it first to make sure the settings are at the highest or there will be a lot of noise on the sprite.

But basically, all I did was select the frame and click "Flip" or "Mirror". :)

*thread can be locked*
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games