Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 75 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Re: PW: Contempt of Court ~ FULL GAME RELEASED!Topic%20Title

Just dreaming out loud!

This is so cool! I need to play this when I have some time!

What's a Court Records?

Join the church of Hemlock.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

New follower gained

What's a Court Records?

YES :D
Why am I even here?

Finally back for that full review/thoughts. I finished the game some months back, but life/death/work/wisdom teeth and all that craziness and sadness kept me away.

Spoiler: I kept no one waiting for this. Also very little spoilers.
Funny because this game was both what I expected and what I wasn't. I'm going to try to organize this as best as I can so prepare for rambling:

1. To be frank when I said a while back that this game was surprisingly funny to the point of tears, I meant that with the highest compliment in mind. Fan humor for Ace Attorney and me haven't mixed so well these past 5+ years. It either came across as painfully unfunny or meme'd to the point where I can't stand seeing the same webcomics over and over. I have been playing quite a few fan games for the past couple of years and the vast majority of them either had me stone-faced the whole time, laughing at one joke for a game that is 3+ hours, or disappointed me for having a good setup for a joke and a weak pay off over and over and over again. So when I'm playing this and laughing next to every 10 minutes, pat yourself on the back my friend.

2. I always give Rofpa props for choice of music, but your choices of tracks made my eyes widen in a good way. My favorite of which, I know you credited it with Unreal Tournament, but my mind went to the Unreal version due to nostalgia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0adENUcJYos
Also Battletoads, Rayman, and Tekken....wow. I think that contributed to the humor and my overall enjoyment of this game.

3. As with all media, there is usually a character that I cannot stand. The original series and fan games especially would have a character that they think is absolutely hilarious and likeable....but not to me. Well, I'm happy to say that there were no characters I didn't like in this game.
I don't know how this was possible, but I enjoyed ALL of the characters. Terry, The Chief, Krump, Vulper, Snow, and yes I changed my mind completely on Brisbane. The second playthrough when the game was fully finished helped with that.

4. My favorite case overall? This time I can't pick. They all had their moments and it would feel a bit like picking a favorite Ninja Turtle for me.(I love all 4 of those guys, so I always mess with people and say Shredder when people ask me that question)
I try to think back on it, but I can't. It's not as easy as the first AA or Apollo Justice or even Conflict of Interest.

5. At this point, you are probably thinking that I thought this game was a videogamedunkey styled MASTAPIECE. POP THE CHAMPAGNE!
We did it guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSJA3fhpH8
Well...it's definitely my current favorite fan game and that's only be a nose hair. I have Conflict of Interest breathing down its neck like one of these forum posters asking for updates on this game. In all seriousness, I have nothing too big or serious to suggest or complain about.
It's either been addressed or is going to be. I think you said something about updating the first and second case a bit to be in line with the 3rd and 4th at some point after a break. Something similar to what Rofpa did for his first case of CoI I take it? I don't know if you did that yet or not, but I'd love to give the game a second run through when you do.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to be my current favorite fan game. That's considering the Ace Attorney Online stuff as well as what's available for that Pywright tool. I'm kind of glad I found out about these games as late as I did because I don't envy the years of anticipation. Even then,
I'm a pretty patient guy. Good job Cardiovore.

I see you and Rofpa are teaming up for a new game. I hope I'm still around when it's ready. ;)
Don't mind me, just passing through.

What's a Court Records?

ParrotMan01 wrote:
I see you and Rofpa are teaming up for a new game. I hope I'm still around when it's ready. ;)

Huh? Since when was this a thing?

Also, JOIN THE CHURCH OF HEMLOCK!
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

Dollarluigi wrote:
ParrotMan01 wrote:

Huh? Since when was this a thing?

Omg dollar we were talking about it 2 pages back were you not listening all shitposts please proceed to Serafina Alexander: Turnabout Temptation. Geez get with the programme

What's a Court Records?

Southern Corn wrote:
Omg dollar we were talking about it 2 pages back were you not listening all shitposts please proceed to Serafina Alexander: Turnabout Temptation. Geez get with the programme

That probably went over my head because I thought it was a joke...
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

NOTHING IS A JOKE IN COC LAND

What's a Court Records?

Southern Corn wrote:
NOTHING IS A JOKE IN COC LAND

ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, HEMLOCK!
Why am I even here?

Mia Payne

Coc land is my favorite land

Happy Maria

I prefer SA:TT land

Let's go there

What's a Court Records?

Southern Corn wrote:
I prefer SA:TT land

Let's go there

Can we still worship Hemlock over there? ;)
Why am I even here?

Hi, I'm having a little bit of a problem with this game.

I'm supposed to present a footprint that is covered by Court Record button. Is there any way to remove it? Is this normal or a bug of some sorts? I wanted to try an older version of PyWright but can't seem to find it anywhere...

This is a relic from old times when GUI looked a bit different.

For now, try to move the examine cursor with arrow keys and confirm with Enter.

Last edited by Darth Wiader on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, that solved the problem!

Mia Payne

Can't believe Morag used to look like this before she became a teacher:

Spoiler:

Mia Payne

Mr. C?

NO YOU ARE STILL CARDIOVASCULAR

Happy Maria

I wonder how you found out about this

Didn't the game's credits and stuff still refer to him as Cardiovore? Looks like it's time for another update.
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Sweet, another update to shitpost about is all we needed

Mia Payne

yay updat

Official DGS localisation when

I just finished this after being directed from Conflict of Interest (since that listed this as its inspiration) and goddamn I loved this game.

Spoiler: WHOLE GAME SPOILERS, also Justice for All, Apollo Justice: AA, Dual Destinies spoilers, minor Investigations 2 Spoilers, no spoilers from Conflict of Interest though
This was excellent.
The lack of a Payne case at the start was a bit jarring I suppose, but hey, it lets us start from the get go.
And this way EVERY case in the game is connected, which I am a massive fan of when that happens in the AA games; it's part of the reason why I love Investigations 2 so much.
The first case did a good job of introducing Snow (he REALLY grew on me later on in the case and game as a whole), I thought Vulper was an excellent case 1 villain, and even had the inevitable "Incident from X Years ago" which I didn't expect. Solving that throughout the case was very enjoyable in my opinion. I thought Vincenzo quitting due to Jack's murder and Brisbane's anger towards Vinnie was a little strange and maybe not entirely justified but hey.

Case 2 was also solid, I called the shot coming from below so I was pretty happy when the bullet hole was found. I thought Maplethorpe was a bit of an obvious killer, but I didn't expect the murder to be accidental, and I enjoyed solving the mystery of the "Ghost". My only real issue was that, even with AA police being incompetent, missing the bullet hole seemed too big of an error, but even that was fully explained in case 4 which I thought was really cool.

Case 3 mainly set the stage for case 4, and did it very well. Defending Snow further made me love him as a character, setting up the twist in case 4 brilliantly; having the Magatama being stolen and replaced so we don't see through his lie when he denies his guilt was great, and I LOVED seeing Vulper appear again. The second I saw him I knew he didn't actually do it, but taking him "down" again was enjoyable still.

Case 4 is probably my favourite AA fancase ever.
I didn't see that coming.
Not from miles away.
All the foreshadowing was there, too, what with Snow's impressions and things.
I spent a minute or two just thinking when Phoenix starts to wonder who Hemlock could be after Renwick says "He's closer than you think, and has been for longer than you think." and actually managed to figure it out after remembering Snow's Brisbane impression from Case 2. Phoenix realising instantly afterwards made me feel less like a supergenius but it was still an absolute mind-blowing moment for me. I was genuinely sad that Detective Snow was the one to blame and this character that I liked so much (I was content with giving Gumshoe the back seat for a while for him to be the detective instead!) was the one to blame. Honestly, I think I was more shocked than I was for the Fulbright reveal in DD. I love the JFA-4 vibes too, what with all the psyche-locks, having the villain revealed in the final investigation instead of court (I thought that this might happen too, was pretty stoked when it actually happened), and the "Life Sentence or Death Penalty by a criminal" choice they are given at the end. Hemlock was a wonderfully hateable villain, as much as Snow was a lovable character.
I also liked the touch in the epilogue, what with the leading into Phoenix's disbarment.
In the credits, there is something in the paper that seems to dismay Trent. This was Phoenix's disbarment, right?
I was just a little confused since the epilogue has Phoenix hearing about the case, so I assume the credits are after the epilogue. Am I right in thinking that?
I kinda wish we got more reason for why Hemlock specifically got Phoenix + Edgeworth on the case. They're the top truth finders in the country for heaven's sake! I suppose I can let it go for just "plot" but maybe Hemlock almost wanted to be caught....?
Also kinda want to know what Brisbane did with the enigmium, but I suppose a few small unanswered questions aren't too bad, they keep you thinking even when it's done.

Anyway, this was very high quality from start to finish in my opinion, and I am happy to have played it.

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy if this was a canon, official game that I had to buy.
Incredibly glad I experienced this.

Official DGS localisation when

I just finished this after being directed from Conflict of Interest (since that listed this as its inspiration) and goddamn I loved this game.

Spoiler: WHOLE GAME SPOILERS, also Justice for All, Apollo Justice: AA, Dual Destinies spoilers, minor Investigations 2 Spoilers, no spoilers from Conflict of Interest though
This was excellent.
The lack of a Payne case at the start was a bit jarring I suppose, but hey, it lets us start from the get go.
And this way EVERY case in the game is connected, which I am a massive fan of when that happens in the AA games; it's part of the reason why I love Investigations 2 so much.
The first case did a good job of introducing Snow (he REALLY grew on me later on in the case and game as a whole), I thought Vulper was an excellent case 1 villain, and even had the inevitable "Incident from X Years ago" which I didn't expect. Solving that throughout the case was very enjoyable in my opinion. I thought Vincenzo quitting due to Jack's murder and Brisbane's anger towards Vinnie was a little strange and maybe not entirely justified but hey.

Case 2 was also solid, I called the shot coming from below so I was pretty happy when the bullet hole was found. I thought Maplethorpe was a bit of an obvious killer, but I didn't expect the murder to be accidental, and I enjoyed solving the mystery of the "Ghost". My only real issue was that, even with AA police being incompetent, missing the bullet hole seemed too big of an error, but even that was fully explained in case 4 which I thought was really cool.

Case 3 mainly set the stage for case 4, and did it very well. Defending Snow further made me love him as a character, setting up the twist in case 4 brilliantly; having the Magatama being stolen and replaced so we don't see through his lie when he denies his guilt was great, and I LOVED seeing Vulper appear again. The second I saw him I knew he didn't actually do it, but taking him "down" again was enjoyable still.

Case 4 is probably my favourite AA fancase ever.
I didn't see that coming.
Not from miles away.
All the foreshadowing was there, too, what with Snow's impressions and things.
I spent a minute or two just thinking when Phoenix starts to wonder who Hemlock could be after Renwick says "He's closer than you think, and has been for longer than you think." and actually managed to figure it out after remembering Snow's Brisbane impression from Case 2. Phoenix realising instantly afterwards made me feel less like a supergenius but it was still an absolute mind-blowing moment for me. I was genuinely sad that Detective Snow was the one to blame and this character that I liked so much (I was content with giving Gumshoe the back seat for a while for him to be the detective instead!) was the one to blame. Honestly, I think I was more shocked than I was for the Fulbright reveal in DD. I love the JFA-4 vibes too, what with all the psyche-locks, having the villain revealed in the final investigation instead of court (I thought that this might happen too, was pretty stoked when it actually happened), and the "Life Sentence or Death Penalty by a criminal" choice they are given at the end. Hemlock was a wonderfully hateable villain, as much as Snow was a lovable character.
I also liked the touch in the epilogue, what with the leading into Phoenix's disbarment.
In the credits, there is something in the paper that seems to dismay Trent. This was Phoenix's disbarment, right?
I was just a little confused since the epilogue has Phoenix hearing about the case, so I assume the credits are after the epilogue. Am I right in thinking that?
I kinda wish we got more reason for why Hemlock specifically got Phoenix + Edgeworth on the case. They're the top truth finders in the country for heaven's sake! I suppose I can let it go for just "plot" but maybe Hemlock almost wanted to be caught....?
Also kinda want to know what Brisbane did with the enigmium, but I suppose a few small unanswered questions aren't too bad, they keep you thinking even when it's done.

Anyway, this was very high quality from start to finish in my opinion, and I am happy to have played it.

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy if this was a canon, official game that I had to buy.
Incredibly glad I experienced this.

Hi
I'm playing this game but I can't save my game. I can load saves by pressing f7, but whenever I press f5, nothing happens.

If someone could help I'd be so grateful because this is honestly affecting my enjoyment of the game; I keep getting penalties and I'm losing the will to continuously go through all the dialogue I've seen before.

Please help, thanks in advance :(

manifesting ciconia phase 2

baloney wrote:
Hi
I'm playing this game but I can't save my game. I can load saves by pressing f7, but whenever I press f5, nothing happens.

If someone could help I'd be so grateful because this is honestly affecting my enjoyment of the game; I keep getting penalties and I'm losing the will to continuously go through all the dialogue I've seen before.

Esc will bring up the menu where you can save.

Double KO wrote:
baloney wrote:
Hi

Esc will bring up the menu where you can save.

Sorry, I'm being an idiot (very new to Pywright), but how do I do that? (I know how to esc and bring up the menu, I just still don't know how to save)

Ah...figured it out. I was using the wrong version of Pywright.

If anyone else has this issue, you need to be using the 0.988 version of Pywright, and then like Double KO helpfully said, press 'esc', then 'saves', and then 'save game.' Thank you! :)

Bubble blowin officer

I honestly like vulper than most people like snow. com at me haters.
I AM ZIIIIIIIIM!!!!

Hey there, just registered and am brand new to the forums! First off, wanna say that I am loving this game so far. It's amazing, and IMO is as good as an actual Phoenix Wright title! But unfortunately, I'm having a problem in case 3. After the scene where you get the call from Hemlock, I get this error:

Undefined:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'scene'
scene:'scene43part2intro', line '1'
current game:games/PW - The Contempt of Court/Turnabout of the Snow

error opening script 'scene43part2intro'

And then the game closes out. Is this a known error? I did a search for it but could find nothing. =( I'm running PyWright Version 0.9880.

EDIT: NVM, turns out that was the end of that part! Not sure why it was doing that, but eh. I finished the game a while back, it was amazing through and through!

Happy Maria

Spoiler: The Ensnared Turnabout
Looking back, the best part of this case was the gold star. We were coming up with all sorts of crazy conspiracies of how it was a bug planted by Morag or something but it just turned out to be the goofy post-case present. 10/10, Cardy.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler: The Ensnared Turnabout
Looking back, the best part of this case was the gold star. We were coming up with all sorts of crazy conspiracies of how it was a bug planted by Morag or something but it just turned out to be the goofy post-case present. 10/10, Cardy.

Spoiler:
And here you are, thinking the star won't be the murder weapon of Serafina Alexander. You're getting rusty smh.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: SA:TT
I mean, that's because it's obviously the Kaptain Krupp finger puppet. All the signs point to it.

Hero of Justice

I got a missing script error on the first case on scene 6 (entire scene missing) and can't advance any further

manifesting ciconia phase 2

You might be using the wrong pywright version. Do you have .9880 or .989? If all else doesn't work, keep your save files handy and delete and reinstall the game.

Hero of Justice

Double KO wrote:
You might be using the wrong pywright version. Do you have .9880 or .989? If all else doesn't work, keep your save files handy and delete and reinstall the game.

Tried everything i could; the error persists. Anyone have a save file of the very first trial (first case)? That's what i need.

Hello! I watch your game on YouTube and I am quite a fan of it. Just one question. What was going to be the plot of turnabout of a fall and turnabout in the snow?

Happy Maria

Well, according to Cardy himself, Turnabout before a Fall didn't even have a plot at all, which was why it got scrapped. At Turnabout of the Snow was just supposed to be cases 3 and 4 combined.

This game is completely amazing, it feels like a real AA game. I'm only at the end of Turnabout Scapegoat and I'm very impressed.

I did however run into some issues that I fixed, and since there hasn't been any post here for three years I decided to post them.

1. There was a scripting bug quite early on, which actually caused my game to crash, pic related:
Spoiler:

2. I found Vulper's mouth pretty weird, it was too dark around the mouth when he was speaking, so I updated the bench-document(talk).png, bench-normal(talk).png and bench-serious(talk).png to help with that. (Hopefully the .gif-files don't do anything, since other pyWright games don't include them). Since it's not my game I don't feel comfortable changing it too much.

3. This version also has the Vincenzo's voice clips added from the OP.

This version changes all the above:
(old link, doesn't work anymore)

Last edited by Scoopa on Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Person

Just a heads up Cardiovore's been MIA since this was released so IDK if they'll see.
Page 75 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games