Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 14 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 76  Next

Re: PW:CoC - Turnabout Scapegoat complete, starting Case 2 soon.Topic%20Title

Previously Cardiovore

Scent wrote:
This begs the question:
Spoiler:
Huh? We're not through with Vex? Also, a "meeting" between Vex and Oldbag should be... Interesting! xD
...Hmmm... I've gotten an interesting idea! Vex goes to Gatewater Hotel to stay for a while, he has an encounter with Oldbag and murders her for being a pest!

Aha I wish! :gant-clap2:
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

It's Gyakuten Kenji, not Keiji!

Ah, I suddenly want to ask a question.
I've been wondering about this for some time.
Spoiler:
There was this moment in the game, when Vex said that he wanted to have a little chat with Wright, after the end of trial.
What was it all about? :yuusaku:
Vex had this evil smile that suddenly looked pervy to me

Gizoid

First, let me just say that I love this game so far. The prosecutors are great, but for me the real star is Titus Krump, with his habit of constantly hamming it up. I'll save further comments for when I've finished, but I seem to have gotten stuck at a point in the second trial day of the present:

Spoiler:
It's in Snow's 'logic' testimony. I've just proven that Krump couldn't have gone to the secret room to hide, and that he was actually murdered in his arm chair, and then I can't proceed. Pressing statements doesn't seem to reveal anything new, and when I try to object to anything, the game seems to revert back to when I presented the armchair as the location of the murder (i.e. Phoenix shouts "Take that!" instead of "Objection", and I get a penalty for presenting the wrong evidence. Am I doing something wrong, or is the game just glitching up?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Previously Cardiovore

Mitsunyan wrote:
Ah, I suddenly want to ask a question.
I've been wondering about this for some time.
Spoiler:
There was this moment in the game, when Vex said that he wanted to have a little chat with Wright, after the end of trial.
What was it all about? :yuusaku:
Vex had this evil smile that suddenly looked pervy to me

Spoiler:
Somebody asked this question before. It was nothing really, just a conversation for filler while the judge searched for a pen. Maybe there WAS something Vulper wanted to say, but I never really went in-depth about it.

nintendofreakgcn wrote:
First, let me just say that I love this game so far. The prosecutors are great, but for me the real star is Titus Krump, with his habit of constantly hamming it up. I'll save further comments for when I've finished, but I seem to have gotten stuck at a point in the second trial day of the present:

Spoiler:
It's in Snow's 'logic' testimony. I've just proven that Krump couldn't have gone to the secret room to hide, and that he was actually murdered in his arm chair, and then I can't proceed. Pressing statements doesn't seem to reveal anything new, and when I try to object to anything, the game seems to revert back to when I presented the armchair as the location of the murder (i.e. Phoenix shouts "Take that!" instead of "Objection", and I get a penalty for presenting the wrong evidence. Am I doing something wrong, or is the game just glitching up?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it!
Krump? Wow, looks like Vulper isn't the only one to have fans :gant:
Spoiler:
Presenting the chair should unlock another statement: "The killer must've been someone who knew about the secret room." The answer is below if you want it.

Spoiler: Statement 8 answer
Present Krump's profile.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Gizoid

Cheers. Now, back to the awesomeness.

Just a random passerby

I've acutally completed the game a while ago, but I wanted to say that I really liked the case it was well written and I liked the plots and the twists in it. I can't wait to play the other cases.

Previously Cardiovore

rydus65 wrote:
I've acutally completed the game a while ago, but I wanted to say that I really liked the case it was well written and I liked the plots and the twists in it. I can't wait to play the other cases.

Thanks! :)
I'm starting to write the actual case in the middle of December.

EDIT: Update:
I've now gotten around to having Vulper and Brisbane's custom objections uploaded for Scapegoat.
Once downloaded, replace Godot and Kristoph's objections in the /sfx folder with these.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LWAXIOFE

Thanks to:
Supersonic808 for the voice of Vulper,
TheWrightWay for the voice of Brisbane.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I've updated the PyWright downloader version of Contempt of Court with the new voices, so if you haven't got them already you can download it that way, or directly from http://pywright.dawnsoft.org/updates3/gamelist.html
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Wait a minute. Why the hell is there a mahboi.wav in the sfx folder? It's just The King saying mahboi! Some kind of easter egg? IS IT GONNA BE PART OF THE NEXT CASE?

Previously Cardiovore

Pixlking wrote:
Wait a minute. Why the hell is there a mahboi.wav in the sfx folder? It's just The King saying mahboi! Some kind of easter egg? IS IT GONNA BE PART OF THE NEXT CASE?

There is?! But-!! Wh-?! *facepalm* I guess I should explain...
When I first got PyWright last year I was messing around with sprites, sfx and whatnot. And yeah, I did a King sprite with "objection"... Why the "mah boi" is still there after all this time is w-a-y beyond me.

And saluk -- thanks!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Dracarys!

Quote:
The prosecutors are great, but for me the real star is Titus Krump, with his habit of constantly hamming it up.

I have to agree with this. Titus Krump was easily my favorite character in this case.

Spoiler:
It made me sad when I found out that he was dead.

Finally had a few hours of free time to finish the case, and I was kind of surprised about how long it was, in the end. I figured that
Spoiler:
exposing Krump as a fake
would have ended it, but I was in for quite a surprise.

The quality of the game was excellent, and it was very enjoyable. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that there were multiple cross examinations in which it seemed as if you were forced to present evidence to certain specific statements, where they felt more in place when presented to other statement in the same examination. Then again, that might just be me.

For example, in the last witness's first statement, presenting the correct evidence should have been possible both on the grossberg remark and his direct question on wheter or not there was a mention of his identity in the investigation (he literally asks you if there isn't anything, and there is, so why can't I present that there? It kind of threw me off; I supposed the evidence had to be faulty.).

Some other things I noticed:

Spoiler:
At the end of the first part of vincenzo's trial, or the start of the second in which Vulper is cross-examined, it is specifically stated that Brisbane is cleared of all charges/suspicion. Yet, if you suffer too many penalties, he is still convicted of murder for those same charges. I would either remove that statement or clear vulper of any suspicion if you fail during that part, following a 'the truth is lost forever' like statement, as was in phoenix's trial.

Spoiler:
In Vincenzo's trial, the moment the question comes up on how Krump could have missed Vulper comitting the crime, it felt a bit weak that he was missed the way it was explained. Naturally, if Brisbane did try to save him while he was being pulled, Vulper would have been less than a meter away from him. Even if it's completely dark, he would have been able to see him, especially from the moment his friend fell off the cliff. If that happened, there would be nothing obscuring his vision of him.

Spoiler:
Also, the plan of Vulper to steal the enigmium is a bit risky, since he's bound to be discovered for the same reason. Gambling that someone would be close enough to the ledge to pull him off seemed strange. Maybe there was a statement somewhere that he was planning on killing them both in a different way and that he decided to improvise on the opportunity, but I suppose I missed it then...?

Spoiler:
On that same moment, why doesn't Vincenzo consider the possibility that Krump is in cahoots with Vulper, either? If Vulper knew of the meeting beforehand, he could have arranged for a convenient witness to incriminate Brisbane. Since it's already been proven a few times that Krump lied or remembered incorrectly, it doesn't seem like a far stretch. Sure, he's a millionaire, but enigmium is a billion dollar material?

In addition, there is a rather dubious remark of Vulper shortly preceding this situation: "Titus! You fool!!" when Titus makes some sort of mistake (can't remember exactly what, I believe he claimed to have heard or seen when he shouldn't have been able to). This suggests some sort of familiarity to me (first names?), as well as a potential conspiracy.

For that reason, I tried pressing a statement there with Krump's profile.

Spoiler:
The moment Phoenix's trial first starts, the point is brought up of whether or not the 'scar' on the card is relevant. If you look at the original crime scene photo, the card there does not have any blood on it. This heavily implies that it could have been added by someone on the crime scene itself, to incriminate vincenzo, which is why I tried presenting the photo. Later on, we learn that Brisbane could have had a motive for that, and he was there.

Spoiler:
Staying at that point, presenting the photo (or i presume anything other than the card) immediately took me to pointing out the faint blood traces after having recieved the penalty.

Spoiler:
Later on in the trial, when phoenix used the card written by grossberg to point out vulper as the killer,I expected the trial to be over. Grossberg pointed him out, Vulper had a clear motive for revenge, and he couldn't talk himself out of it. Why does phoenix seem so concerned about the scar, following that? The link to vincenzo's assassination attempt was nice (and the redd white file was absolutely awesome/hilarious), but what was the added value? To incriminate him further? I can recall the situation eventually leading to the second half of Vulper's motive being uncovered, but I found the relevance of this issue a bit strange.

To me, it certainly didn't feel like the most important issue/question in the case, as phoenix claims. He had already won by that point; it felt like an unnecessary extension of the trial, story-wise.

Spoiler:
At the moment brisbane offers his 'deal' to vulper, it's about freedom and the enigmium card. Sure, it turns out the card is a fake, but what about the freedom part? What is stopping vulper from demanding brisbane to keep his word and to let him walk away?

Well, that was everything. Again, I'd like to point out that I found the game awesome. These were just little things that I found off.

Cardiovore wrote:
There is?! But-!! Wh-?! *facepalm* I guess I should explain...
When I first got PyWright last year I was messing around with sprites, sfx and whatnot. And yeah, I did a King sprite with "objection"... Why the "mah boi" is still there after all this time is w-a-y beyond me.

That's hilarious. Just leave it there for the laughs. I found it very funny.

Previously Cardiovore

Ropfa --
Ropfa wrote:
Quote:
The prosecutors are great, but for me the real star is Titus Krump, with his habit of constantly hamming it up.

I have to agree with this. Titus Krump was easily my favorite character in this case.

Spoiler:
It made me sad when I found out that he was dead.

Spoiler:
Aha really? I found it pretty awkward to script him to be honest.

Lunattic -- Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks for bringing the "off" moments to my attention. As with everyone else who has done likewise, I'm flattered that you gave the story so much thought and analysis. :)
Just something that needs an answer though:
Spoiler: Why the card in the crime photo didn't have blood on it
Graphical flaw, sorry if it misled you.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE
Re: PW:CoC - Case 2: The Haunted Turnabout, part 1 is available!Topic%20Title

Previously Cardiovore

Hey everyone. Since the main forums are now back up, I took the liberty of updating the main page.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Hey everyone. Since the main forums are now back up, I took the liberty of updating the main page.

Let's hope the reports start to flow in now~ :D

Previously Cardiovore

Tap wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:

Let's hope the reports start to flow in now~ :D

Lol well to be honest I'm taking a break from it all now. I don't know when I'll get round to continuing with Part 2, but it will happen. Eventually. :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here for my yearly login

I still haven't gotten round to trying part one yet since my computer's broken, but I'll still be watching when the reports come in.
Signatures are hard...

The Trusty Nudal!

I did finish playing through it, and it was pretty darn good. The OC revamps look incredible. Great job with those. =)
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

1000% Knight

Fasterrrrrrrrrrr, Cardy.

I know you just can't wait for my review ;)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Re: PW:CoC - Case 2: The Haunted Turnabout, part 1 is availaTopic%20Title

I'm workin' on it.

Best AA fangame. Ever. Yes.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by Nyuugen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previously Cardiovore

Thanks guys!

I will just say though as a heads-up: DON'T examine the hotel lounge (the room where you see the AAI-style Snow and Brisbane). It skips you to another script altogether.
Thought I'd bring it up as many people have fallen into the trap. My fault, I failed to update the examine script so instead it's just an unfinished version of the crime scene's.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Hi I'm just playing the second case and there is a bug in the second testimony of Snow.

Spoiler:
I just showed that RUbin wore the gloves because of her cut and Snow added a testimony: "OK, well how else do you explain the empty chamber in the gun?" If I press that statement Phoenix yells objection and gets a penalty as if he tries to show (wrong) evidence. How can I proceed here?

Previously Cardiovore

Lusankya wrote:
Hi I'm just playing the second case and there is a bug in the second testimony of Snow.

Spoiler:
I just showed that RUbin wore the gloves because of her cut and Snow added a testimony: "OK, well how else do you explain the empty chamber in the gun?" If I press that statement Phoenix yells objection and gets a penalty as if he tries to show (wrong) evidence. How can I proceed here?

Sorry, that was another problem I missed. :payne:
Explanation: I forgot to write a "press" conversation for that statement, so naturally it skips down the script to the wrong evidence lines. But don't worry, there's no need to press it; you need to present something at that statement.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Err, amazing game so far. And I feel very stupid for asking something like this (I'm stuck):

Spoiler:
I'm stuck in the first trial in the game, where I just found all the stuff wrong with Krump's very first testimony. From there, I said that there is other evidence that proves Brisbane was innocent. I then gave the judge the picture of the footprints, and he didn't say know. I tried clicking everywhere on that picture, and then I noticed something near the gorge that had three little notches...and I can't even click it since the "Court Records" button is in the way.

Am I even supposed to show the Judge the footprint picture? And if I do, would you mind...pointing me toward where I should click? I feel like I've clicked everywhere. If I don't, I'll just try presenting everything after saving, since I don't have a clue what else to do from there. Oh well. :P

Otherwise, loving everything about it...well, except for having to find multiple things wrong with testimonies, which got me lost on what I have and haven't cracked.

Previously Cardiovore

DoesBoKnow wrote:
Err, amazing game so far. And I feel very stupid for asking something like this (I'm stuck):

Spoiler:
I'm stuck in the first trial in the game, where I just found all the stuff wrong with Krump's very first testimony. From there, I said that there is other evidence that proves Brisbane was innocent. I then gave the judge the picture of the footprints, and he didn't say know. I tried clicking everywhere on that picture, and then I noticed something near the gorge that had three little notches...and I can't even click it since the "Court Records" button is in the way.

Am I even supposed to show the Judge the footprint picture? And if I do, would you mind...pointing me toward where I should click? I feel like I've clicked everywhere. If I don't, I'll just try presenting everything after saving, since I don't have a clue what else to do from there. Oh well. :P

Otherwise, loving everything about it...well, except for having to find multiple things wrong with testimonies, which got me lost on what I have and haven't cracked.

Oh, the Court Record button shouldn't be there when you examine the footprint photo... That's funny.
But yes you're supposed to present the footprint photo and select the three little notches at the cliff edge. If you can't click it, try using the arrow keys and select with enter.
Yeah, I regrettably put WAY too many contradictions into Snow's 2nd testimony...
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I noticed that from the beginning of the trial, and wondered what it had to do with anything. Thanks for confirming that, though!

Oops...fail again...I swear that I'm not this bad as AA games. But I don't really feel like presenting everything on every statement if it might be a game mistake.

Spoiler:
I'm on the testimony where Imposter-Krump is trying to explain that he never went to his house. I actually looked at the script, and it's telling me something about "label rubber", which I interpreted as "Present the rubber, idiot." So I did. It was wrong. I read the script afterward, and it follows along with presenting Rubber perfectly.

Was I supposed to present the Piece of Rubber in that testimony, specifically on the statement saying he never went to his house? Feels like the second time I'm totally stuck and I'm not sure if it's my fault...

Oh, and BTW:

Spoiler:
I knew exactly what was going on ever since Phoenix first found the rubber in the secret room. Then I knew it even further; I actually noticed Titus's "red eyes" were different from five-year-ago Titus's "blue eyes" right after finding the rubber in the room. From then on, I couldn't wait to see if my prediction would unravel. :)

Previously Cardiovore

DoesBoKnow wrote:
Oops...fail again...I swear that I'm not this bad as AA games. But I don't really feel like presenting everything on every statement if it might be a game mistake.

Spoiler:
I'm on the testimony where Imposter-Krump is trying to explain that he never went to his house. I actually looked at the script, and it's telling me something about "label rubber", which I interpreted as "Present the rubber, idiot." So I did. It was wrong. I read the script afterward, and it follows along with presenting Rubber perfectly.

Was I supposed to present the Piece of Rubber in that testimony, specifically on the statement saying he never went to his house? Feels like the second time I'm totally stuck and I'm not sure if it's my fault...

Oh, and BTW:

Spoiler:
I knew exactly what was going on ever since Phoenix first found the rubber in the secret room. Then I knew it even further; I actually noticed Titus's "red eyes" were different from five-year-ago Titus's "blue eyes" right after finding the rubber in the room. From then on, I couldn't wait to see if my prediction would unravel. :)

Spoiler:
It's the scraps of rubber you should present at the new statement, not the single piece. This used to be a problem with other people too due to a release error, but I think it should work now.

Aha cleverly noted :) I wonder if you're right...

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
DoesBoKnow wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh, and BTW:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's the scraps of rubber you should present at the new statement, not the single piece. This used to be a problem with other people too due to a release error, but I think it should work now.

Spoiler:
I don't even have "scraps of rubber" in my evidence. Only that one big piece. How do I fix this?

Previously Cardiovore

DoesBoKnow wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
DoesBoKnow wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh, and BTW:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't even have "scraps of rubber" in my evidence. Only that one big piece. How do I fix this?

Did you download the game from the main post or from PyWright? Because that should be the latest version with this problem fixed.

But in any case, to fix this:
Spoiler:
- Open "scene44titustestimony2.script"
- Find the line "label press titus2A", make another line under it and type "addev rubber" (minus the quotations).
- Go back into the game and press Krump's first statement. This should add the scraps to your Court Record

Hope this helps. :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

It did the job. Thanks again! But yes, I did download it from the front page. I also downloaded the first part to "The Haunted Turnabout" on the first post. Should I have downloaded that somewhere else?

Previously Cardiovore

DoesBoKnow wrote:
It did the job. Thanks again! But yes, I did download it from the front page. I also downloaded the first part to "The Haunted Turnabout" on the first post. Should I have downloaded that somewhere else?

Great! :) No matter how many times I think I've solved a problem it just comes back. -_-
Nah the Haunted Turnabout link is fine, just so long as you've installed it AFTER Scapegoat and not the other way round.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
DoesBoKnow wrote:

Great! :) No matter how many times I think I've solved a problem it just comes back. -_-
Nah the Haunted Turnabout link is fine, just so long as you've installed it AFTER Scapegoat and not the other way round.

I think I installed it afterward. What would happen if I installed it before?

Would one thing be, say, the ability to quickskip all the dialogue even though I never played the game once? :maggy:

Previously Cardiovore

DoesBoKnow wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
DoesBoKnow wrote:

I think I installed it afterward. What would happen if I installed it before?

Would one thing be, say, the ability to quickskip all the dialogue even though I never played the game once? :maggy:

Yup, that's another thing that evaded me. :payne: You can delete the line "set _textbox_allow_skip true" in intro.txt if you want to get rid of it.

Basically, there's some updated versions of Scapegoat files in the Haunted download.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Alright, thanks. I'll just leave it there; it doesn't really hurt my playing.

And:
Spoiler:
I KNEW I could see a scar on Vex when I was doing Vincenzo's trial. So when Vincenzo talked about his own scar, I had a really good hunch Vex was the assassin sent to kill Vinnie. Overall, first case was amazing. Makes me wonder if the latter two are going to be even better...

Nothing to see here.

Amazing game, I love everything in it, from the graphics to the plot, it's just amazing.

Also, a few things I found on case 2:

Spoiler:
In court, when Brisbane objects, the sound is off-sync, because the script is written so that it loads the objection foreground animation first, and then the sound of Brisbane, and the engine waits until the foreground animation ends before playing the sound.

Spoiler:
At the final decision of the first day of court, when Brisbane gives the 2 reasons as to why he didn't investigate the 1st floor, he says "First: You heard the defense, there were apparently renovations going on. Second: We didn't find it relevant, after all, the murder happened on the first floor."
I believe that should be the second floor, right?

Aside from that, this game is awesome, and I can't wait for part 2.

Previously Cardiovore

Marx wrote:
Amazing game, I love everything in it, from the graphics to the plot, it's just amazing.

Also, a few things I found on case 2:

Spoiler:
In court, when Brisbane objects, the sound is off-sync, because the script is written so that it loads the objection foreground animation first, and then the sound of Brisbane, and the engine waits until the foreground animation ends before playing the sound.

Spoiler:
At the final decision of the first day of court, when Brisbane gives the 2 reasons as to why he didn't investigate the 1st floor, he says "First: You heard the defense, there were apparently renovations going on. Second: We didn't find it relevant, after all, the murder happened on the first floor."
I believe that should be the second floor, right?

Aside from that, this game is awesome, and I can't wait for part 2.

Spoiler: In answer to Spoiler 1
Yeah, this was untested with the latest version of PyWright as I was making the game on 0.981. It's a version thing.

Spoiler: In answer to Spoiler 2
As I keep being reminded xD Yeah I meant to say second floor. I knew there'd be a typo somewhere.

Thanks for the praise, glad you enjoyed it! :garyuu:
Part 2 is in the very early stages, but the plot is all down. It's all the scripting, and the spriting of a character that has yet to appear.

EDIT: Just a heads-up people, I'm going on holiday on Wednesday for 2 weeks. So if you have any questions or comments, I'll get back to you when I'm back. :)
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

I've just started playing this, and so far so good! Really impressive :) I'm stuck though. That's the main downside to playing fan made games - No walkthroughs!

Eureka!

Spoiler:
I am stuck on the second day of investigation. Jake already captured "Krump", I have exhausted both Vinnie and Brisbane's conversations, and Snow isn't ready with the blood sample on the chair yet. I have no idea what to do next. Also, a strange bug happened to me where the scene in which Jake captures "Krump" occurred twice at separate visits to the bridge.
Page 14 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games