Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 3 of 7[ 280 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Investigation Update! 10/5)Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

One word: patience.
I've been through this. Even though I didn't make such detailed progress reports, they were still more frequent, and gave more information than most at the time. Besides, and most importantly in my case, I was absolutely certain that my game would be finished and of high quality, whereas a substantial majority of the others would get abandoned.
Yet my game was really slow to take off, and was lagging behind "sexier", yet unrealistic projects or collaborative games for a long time. But those come and go ; you have to keep in mind that yours, on the other hand, will stay.
You'll gradually pick up momentum, especially as you start releasing demos (demos give people something to talk about, even if it's just "I'M STUCK!!!") and establish a reputation for being trustworthy that the others won't have. In the end, as long as you're willing to persevere through the tough times (and internalize your "anger", using it as a fuel for motivation, rather than letting it all out in your topic), I can guarantee you'll get the last laugh :) It might take one or even two years, but you'll reap the full benefits of your approach.
Think of it as the difference between a company whose stock is rising because of a bubble compared to a company whose stock value reflects strong fundamentals. You want to be the latter, not the former.
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
One word: patience.
I've been through this. Even though I didn't make such detailed progress reports, they were still more frequent, and gave more information than most at the time. Besides, and most importantly in my case, I was absolutely certain that my game would be finished and of high quality, whereas a substantial majority of the others would get abandoned.
Yet my game was really slow to take off, and was lagging behind "sexier", yet unrealistic projects or collaborative games for a long time. But those come and go ; you have to keep in mind that yours, on the other hand, will stay.
You'll gradually pick up momentum, especially as you start releasing demos (demos give people something to talk about, even if it's just "I'M STUCK!!!") and establish a reputation for being trustworthy that the others won't have. In the end, as long as you're willing to persevere through the tough times (and internalize your "anger", using it as a fuel for motivation, rather than letting it all out in your topic), I can guarantee you'll get the last laugh :) It might take one or even two years, but you'll reap the full benefits of your approach.
Think of it as the difference between a company whose stock is rising because of a bubble compared to a company whose stock value reflects strong fundamentals. You want to be the latter, not the former.

Indeed, I keep telling myself that. And I often have used this as my motivation to bring it out. I have often thought about the end and it's one I have given. I understand for a fact that release dates aren't good, especially as shown by RoTP failure to make it on the March deadline. But it's one simple thing I have to believe that I can get it by the marked time. I know my abilities and how I pace myself and I have heavily planned it out that allows me to ensure most of the control. With the exception of not knowing when PWLib 1.2 RC1 will be out which is the most dependent factor.

I am an expressive person, and I will state what I think. I believe it's fair for others to know what I am thinking.

Allow me to say this, before I have to go to school:

"Green light."

I don't plan on releasing demos, not at all for this episode, I simply know who will trust me in completing it, and everyone will see the end result of this work.

Edit: Well, so I hope you see the added comments since I didn't get to finish what I have said.

I give detailed reports because I don't want to release demos for this episode and that I would say is possibly my achellies' heel (only for the beginning at least). I want to show it is getting done, and I try to leave it open enough for discussion. Which works well, I would say. Anyway, I like to play with effect, and I've been trying to push that frustration topic into fruition from the diary and see what would happen as a result. Something to debate/discuss about which you have discussed yourself which I am thankful for. I do like to put some "food for thought" because there are others right now, are in a more 'worse' (if I can term it that way) position than I am. Heh, a deeper reason for anything other than the one taken at face value.

Still, in other news,

Gotta cleanup and work on the double ending movies.

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Update 10/9"

"I am busy with SATs, art projects (that aren't related to this), and break time!"

"Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice Bulky Coding"

"I had to bring up this picture again. She can be such a badass. Hmm.. Wondering the relevance of this picture."

So, yeah, break time. Just chillin' you know. Breaking stuff and more chillin. I think I did well with the SATs :godot: .

So, what you see is the length of the coding. The insane coding, the work I spent since August 6. And I gave you a preview by giving you the 7000th line :D. Aww, wish you had a better line to say see (ba-dum psh!).

Bird's Poem (Violin): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC6JoQtipC0

I so totally want to use this, it's a really beautiful (teary-eye) piece, and I might. And it also made me curious of the anime (Air TV), so I might watch it lol.

Oh, since KSA decided I should help with beta (being book guy and all), I could take advantage of his eco-scripting (Shinku) and downsize the crap. But, right now, just chillin like a bird. And if anything, this could be a way to promote the arrival of 1.2, I suppose with my fangame.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 MOAR Coding Update! 10/9)Topic%20Title

This game is coming along very well. I will definitely play it when it's done. It'll be the first PWLib game that I will have played.

And your selection of music for the game is just beautiful. The Air song almost made me cry... I hope the scene it's used in is just as emotional (I always imagine scenes when I listen to music).

Rising Inspirations

nekonohime wrote:
This game is coming along very well. I will definitely play it when it's done. It'll be the first PWLib game that I will have played.

And your selection of music for the game is just beautiful. The Air song almost made me cry... I hope the scene it's used in is just as emotional (I always imagine scenes when I listen to music).

Same here, I always imagine whenever I listen to music. I hope I don't disappoint :minuki: .

"October-November Update 10/9"

"Just how much of an indirect collab is this?"

ImageImage
"NGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Why am I so cruel to others?!"

"Wonder what you will say next :godot: ?"

So, I have shown 3 out of the 4 fangames.

I have no real good connection with Trybien (or his game for that matter); I just did it for fun (and I guess good will) and as a fun joke.
I have shown Tap's fangame in an interesting way, hehe, hope you don't screw yourself and not find it.
And... hmm... Ping... I think Oldbagbad has taken a liking to you.

So, I played play-tested the game from the beginning and I gotta say, hehe, hope you can handle it ;). I actually have something in mind if someone (or two people) can beat it within three days or a week without any help. So, play with an open mind, expect out of the opportunity and not the thing by itself, expect the possibilities, and finally, think of the subtle complexity it holds. I am cleaning up the stuff, and I am working on the mini-investigation parts to improve gameplay flow.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 MOAR Updates! 10/10)Topic%20Title

Two more games coming up soon

NGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Once again, Tap was right in telling me to beware of Oldbags...

(More seriously, thanks for the reference :p)
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Apollon Flame

I am missing those obscure and none obvious reference to dieGO armanDO.

Quote:

I'll place my bet on "ABNORMAL, you say?"
A King

in name

alone...

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

"Justice, that's crazier then me being a defense attorney and Wright being a prosecutor in an alternate dimension where you're my apprentice!"

... What? Too blatant?

Rising Inspirations

Ping' wrote:
NGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Once again, Tap was right in telling me to beware of Oldbags...

(More seriously, thanks for the reference :p)

Glad you enjoy it ;)

Scent wrote:
I am missing those obscure and none obvious reference to dieGO armanDO.

Quote:

I'll place my bet on "ABNORMAL, you say?"

"Trucy seems offended. Wonder why?"

Haha, he exists, one way or the other. Such memorable lines :D

TheWrightWay wrote:
"Justice, that's crazier then me being a defense attorney and Wright being a prosecutor in an alternate dimension where you're my apprentice!"

... What? Too blatant?

Haha, good idea. But too normal enough :godot: .

Here's a hint: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ace_Attorney

Somewhere in there are complete epic lines served on a silver platter.

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Update 10/11"

"Discuss."

This will be an unusual update for me. But I am really excited since I am finishing the game faster that I originally thought. This update is rushed by me since I gotta go to school in 7 minutes and w/e but...

Here's a fun fact:

The 2nd part of the ending is 3:45 (3 min 45 sec). 1:52 (1 min 52 sec) will be used for the ending of Episode 1 (and something else) and the 1:53 (I seriously hope my math isn't wrong, 1 min 53 sec) is for the credits.

Episode 2: Re:tracer

That will be the official name for Episode 2. There will be a Dev Diary 1.5 of how Episode 2 came to be because that wasn't the original intended name :3 and... I have something to show of the ending (mainly credits), so you will see a picture of Adobe Premiere being seemingly awesome while I rage from the behind because of its bloatedness.

So stay tuned (in something a lot of hours)! :godot:
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 MOAR Updates! 10/11)Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Ha! I got the abnormal part right! :3
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 MOAR Updates! 10/11)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Update 10/11"

"MOAR BIGGAR COLLAB."

I need your help... Oh, hell no, I'm not trying to sound desperate here. I actually have something fun in mind and a mark to leave off.

Spoiler:
"And so I begin the ending."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Credits/Acknowledgments in no particular order (of course I am first, I AM THE FIRST)"

So, as I was saying, I want to make it a little more collaborative. You see that empty space in the middle? It's your chance to leave your "mark." Make any graphic of some sort (as long it is reasonable), the choices are almost limitless. It doesn't even have to be Ace Attorney related, it should be something about you. It doesn't have to be all liek profezional/aeroAWEsome and stuf. Have fun with it :D. I will automatically accept the things from the people in the acknowledgments or credits. There are more people that are acknowledged and I will update the list. Please post it in here, I'm not too keen on looking at PMs at the moment.

If you are not part of the list, I "may" and emphasis on "may," accept it. It is a really high chance, I am open to anyone willing to collaborate.

The size limit is 256x192, and preferably smaller if you can and you can make up to 2 graphics but just know I may not use both at once. Reason being that if it does become a big thing then I want to be able to put everyone's graphics in. I can easily resize the picture if it is bigger than 256x192 but I think it would be right for you to know the size of the video. It's up to you.

I hope you enjoy :godot: and take part of the project.

Last edited by Radex on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 COLLAB Updates! 10/11)Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Oh, goodie! I get an elegant "Thank you!" postcard! :3
A King

in name

alone...

The Trusty Nudal!

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED

Spoiler: My 'Logo'

Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Oh, goodie! I get an elegant "Thank you!" postcard! :3

You could also do something to it xD, it's a screenshot to the 2nd ending video :D. And I put you over to the credits instead of acknowledgments since you gave that Wendy Oldbag idea :pearl:

nudalman wrote:
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED

Spoiler: My 'Logo'

Alright man ;). Added as part of the ending. Thank you being a part of it. You are still free to make one more if you wish.

So, yeah, I'm hoping to get more people involved in it, otherwise I will be using some AA screenshots and that's not fun (enough).

Since I happened to be included, here's my graphic:

Spoiler: Simple But Good

Rising Inspirations

nekonohime wrote:
Since I happened to be included, here's my graphic:

Spoiler: Simple But Good

Thank you for being a part of it and I agree :karma: simplicity + awesomeness. Hope you enjoy it when you see the ending :redd:

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
You could also do something to it xD, it's a screenshot to the 2nd ending video :D. And I put you over to the credits instead of acknowledgments since you gave that Wendy Oldbag idea :pearl:

A customizable postcard is better! Thanks! *will edit it later*
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Update 10/13"

"MOAR BIGGAR COLLAB II."

"All comments are added. Hehe. I NEED GRAPHICS!"

ImageImage
"Thank you, to the two of you. No, I won't let you see your comments yet."

The two pics above are conceptual. And excuse the bad cropping, rushing this lol. I may change it, but they look really good when the transitions occur. I am really pushing for more graphics to be added for this. Look how long that list is <.<...
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (<3 COLLAB Updates! 10/13)Topic%20Title

I object to the objection

oh wow many posts since I've been here :P

I will make a graphic later, since I have been busy with staying in the hospital and I'm behind on homework (VERY MUCH BEHIND xD)

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Radex wrote:

A customizable postcard is better! Thanks! *will edit it later*

Take your time ;)

MayaPhoenix wrote:
oh wow many posts since I've been here :P

I will make a graphic later, since I have been busy with staying in the hospital and I'm behind on homework (VERY MUCH BEHIND xD)

I know how you feel :sillytrucy: especially the homework and hospital part (o, that's all of that, hehe). Take your time ;). Oh, you're the 100th poster, and outside of this topic, it shows the 100th post as me. (O SNAP)

"Oct-Nov Mini Update 10/14"

"It's so mini, I don't want to make it colorful."

I "technically" finished the 2nd ending, I need to add graphics though. And if anyone remembers that difficulty graph, you saw that dotted line right? Gotta love those asymptotes. And by asymptote (me and my trig self) on the 7th exam, that technically means it does not exist. So... 6 exams, I wonder whether or not that is a good thing. Ah, poor non-existent 7th exam, I wish you well. <_<...

Oh, another thing, sheesh, I have a lot of cleaning up to do. Plenty of half-assed fixes such as replaced bgs (e.g. GS4 courtroom over GS1-3 courtroom), that Wendy Oldbag stuff (if I remember KSA already has a Wendy 1.2), and the Apollo face off graphic (the one showing his eyes right when a CE begins) which I set it to 500000 as the graphic variable. Some PWLib coders would facepalm the epicness.

"PWLib Unleashed mini-sized 10/14"

I am drawing something for KSA, and we are working on designing the book. We both use the same program (Indesign) and the epic design should be there, but we haven't tested it out, but it should seriously make the book designing much easier, quicker, and better for you. Oh, even though KSA says I'm beta testing 1.2, I have yet to ask lol, it hasn't crossed my mind until now even though I need it xD.

And, finally please help with the graphics :D, I want to make it interesting as much as possible and getting the community involved would help. It will make the game even more worth it. (I should probably make another topic but eh.... I think there is this awesome tab in firefox that will keep me distracted for a good day)... (Or.. I could rip your avatars... hehe.)
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Mini-BIG Updates! 10/14)Topic%20Title

Radex - Sorry for the late reply! I'll whip up something later for the credits. I haven't had any time to reply to anything. Sorry. :(

Btw, is my "reference" in the game the investigation which you showed before via screenshots?

Apollon Flame

Could you use this image for the thank you, please? I'm terrible at image manipulation! xD
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Tap wrote:
Radex - Sorry for the late reply! I'll whip up something later for the credits. I haven't had any time to reply to anything. Sorry. :(

Btw, is my "reference" in the game the investigation which you showed before via screenshots?

Not a problem at all and indeed. Don't you love Waldo? :karma:

Scent wrote:

Could you use this image for the thank you, please? I'm terrible at image manipulation! xD

Haha, no worries, like I said it doesn't have to be all awesome and professional like. Will do :godot:

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
Haha, no worries, like I said it doesn't have to be all awesome and professional like. Will do :godot:

Haha, thanks! :minuki:
A King

in name

alone...

I object to the objection

Spoiler: how about this?

It's not that much for the acknowledgement, but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff :edgy:
I couldn't get the name in it, I don't know why it wouldn't work :phoenix:
But anyway, this good enough, or should I make another one? :maya:

Rising Inspirations

MayaPhoenix wrote:
Spoiler: how about this?

It's not that much for the acknowledgement, but I am kind of a newbie when it comes to this kind of stuff :edgy:
I couldn't get the name in it, I don't know why it wouldn't work :phoenix:
But anyway, this good enough, or should I make another one? :maya:

Whatever works for you, if you think it's not good enough, you can make another, I don't mind :minuki: . I'll use anything, it's your mark. I'll place it in the video though and change it, if you change your mind.

Overworked Sprite Artist

Spoiler: Is this OK?

I swear, writing on the computer is HARD. My actual handwriting is much better, IMO. :payne:
Image Image

Apollon Flame

Dypo wrote:
Spoiler: Is this OK?

I swear, writing on the computer is HARD. My actual handwriting is much better, IMO. :payne:

That's actually pretty good. :3
A King

in name

alone...

Overworked Sprite Artist

Thanks. =3

And Radex: If you want anything in exchange for putting my thingy there, just ask. I might have/find the time.
Image Image

Rising Inspirations

Dypo wrote:
Thanks. =3

And Radex: If you want anything in exchange for putting my thingy there, just ask. I might have/find the time.

Haha, no need to do that. And just minor news before the usual "October-November Update" comes, the investigation coding is mostly done, gotta hate those freakin examines. And that leaves off with finishing the 1st ending, 2nd ending, and the intro to Episode 1, and sprites afterward. And, oh, epic scene pulled out from the depths of hell tri-...

Rising Inspirations

"October-November Update 10/17"

"File size: 100 MB"

"8094 lines of pure awesome."

"Thank you to all who has helped in the 2nd ending graphics!"

I am at 1/4 completed of the movies for this game. I would estimate that the file size would be 150 MB uncompressed. Currently, its 100 MB right now.

I still need more graphics, and I want to make it open as possible. The ones who have given me some graphic, you can see yours at the 4th bar at the top (Video 4), the empty space shows much more I need, lol.

Let me say, the game is entirely playable ;). The one thing I lack is placing the videos in, since they are important for the effect that I am attaining for, I'll talk to KSA about it and being part of the PWLib 1.2 release. I want to optimize/organize it enough so that another can understand how to do things in PWLib. (The average user, could not care less lol xD)

As for other stuff like the DevDiary 1.5 or game pictures, well, stay tuned... RIGHT AFTER THE RELEASE nap.

Last edited by Radex on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
[center]"File size: 100 MB"

I saw a white light when I saw this, I thought you had released the game. xD
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Radex wrote:
"File size: 100 MB"

I saw a white light when I saw this, I thought you had released the game. xD

Hahaha, sorry to disappoint. The next one will be an empty .rar file. :karma: (Aren't I so evil?)

"Oct-Nov Mini Update 10/17"

"Wright Anything Agency, Night"

So, yeah, night scene awesomeness. Feel free to use it, credit please and when possible.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
Hahaha, sorry to disappoint. The next one will be an empty .rar file. :karma: (Aren't I so evil?)

...That actually sounded cool! xD
Quote:

Why is, like, half of the place "nightish"?
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
Radex wrote:

Quote:

Dim ceiling light.

Apollon Flame

Radex wrote:
Scent wrote:
Radex wrote:

Quote:

Dim ceiling light.

I was gonna suggest that... xD
A King

in name

alone...

Rising Inspirations

Scent wrote:
I was gonna suggest that... xD

Hehe, then I got the right idea then.

I am trying to think of what I should present in the next update. :sillytrucy:

I am technically done with the coding of the game and everything is really playable and nicely paced (better than it was previously, hehe, maybe I should show that mess after the release). Graphics are icings (talking about the sprites) really. The story is what matters to me.

I am happy to say that I am holding the 3rd completed PWLib game, minus the fun mini investigation. I am having the same problem that Attorneyatlawl had, when he was doing it, damn you pw_examineexaminefunction, why can't I get you to properly work on multiple examine spots! It feels really good. Hehe, I found a title for that. I organized the stuff into categories for people to understand it from, well 1.1 that is, 1.2 is insane, especially considering how much I can reduce the code and how much easier it is to learn from.

I want to test out the vids when I convert them into .avi and once KSA sends me 1.2 eventually. We're still in our own little thing(s) lol.

So, let me say this about this episode (even though I said it before); the most I care about is hearing a simple "good enough." Really, that's pretty much it. I don't expect greatness from it, just simply an opportunity for greatness. Even if this has taken new standards (which I expect are the movies and buttons), I really care about the good enough. If it is great on its own, haha, then awesome, I did something really epic then and made something even more worthwhile for you guys.
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Oct-Nov Update! 10/17)Topic%20Title

Overworked Sprite Artist

WTF it's close to release?!
Awesome, Radex! Looking forward to it. :gant:

And yes, I'd like to see the "mess" it was at first. It'd be interesting to see the improvement. :godot:
Re: Ace Attorneys: Rising Justice (Oct-Nov Update! 10/17)Topic%20Title

Rising Inspirations

Dypo wrote:
WTF it's close to release?!
Awesome, Radex! Looking forward to it. :gant:

And yes, I'd like to see the "mess" it was at first. It'd be interesting to see the improvement. :godot:

I have it like at the BEGINNING of its start, it's like 100 lines or so. I have the code (dialogue) that was badly paced in another file in order to show how it was like before the mini-investigation.

I still gotta get the 2nd beginning and 1st ending movies done, they are easier to do than the 2nd ending as you can see lol with the needing of graphics from others. But yes, it is, but still dependent on 1.2 for it's video player. Technically playable, heh, yes.

I'll decide how will I release it. Depends.
Page 3 of 7 [ 280 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games