Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 6 of 6[ 213 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Pywright tutorial (interactive tutorial available)Topic%20Title

SuperAj3 wrote:
TimeAxis wrote:
Sorry to bump this, and I know it's outside the scope of this tutorial, but is there any way to change the bottom screen's background, or change anything about the bottom screen UI? When I try to make a little intro before the case menu, as soon as I add a text box, it causes the bottom screen to glitch out, showing the dialogue advance button underneath the case selection menu. Is there some way to fix that, like clearing the bottom screen somehow?

There is a way. To change the bottom screen's background during ordinary text, you'll need to change it in your intro.txt:
Code:
"set _bigbutton_bg IMAGE"

(change "IMAGE" to the name of your picture.)

Thanks, that was a helpful starting point. It only gets rid of the background, rather than any of the buttons, but I should be able to figure out the rest from there.

Apologies for the consecutive posts, but I have a bit of an advanced question.

Is it possible to edit the core.py file in order to more effectively customize stuff? After some googling around, I found a github repository with a game that appears to do this (Tournabout Substitution). It has its own /core/ subfolder in the game folder, and its own core.py file in there. I tried replicating this in my own game, and changing a few lines here or there, but I wasn't able to produce any results. Is this even something that's possible?

Or would I have to actually edit the one in the game folder itself (and potentially have to recompile it and create a new exe?) I just want to know if I'm barking up the wrong tree by trying to do what the example I linked seems to be doing, or if putting a duplicate of the file in the game folder actually does anything. If anyone has any idea, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I've managed to confirm that it's possible for me to edit the file in the main core folder and produce results, but I've still yet to get any by creating a duplicate core folder similar to Tournabout Substitution.

Art Person

Yeah you can and a few people are currently doing so atm. Look at the PyWright 1.1 thread, I'm sure the person working on that would be able to help you through editing the main file.

I'm probably going to sound like an idiot, but I'm having trouble getting my case to work. The case menu works just fine, but when I press "New Game", it loads for a split second then takes me right back to the case menu. I've looked over all my files and compared them to Turnabout Awesome's files, but I haven't been able to find the problem. If anyone could look over my files, I would really appreciate it.

Here's the folder with my files: https://mega.nz/folder/vktF0ABD#u8kKyt6Q9T36F-b56o9rVQ

spaceacejasper wrote:
I'm probably going to sound like an idiot, but I'm having trouble getting my case to work. The case menu works just fine, but when I press "New Game", it loads for a split second then takes me right back to the case menu. I've looked over all my files and compared them to Turnabout Awesome's files, but I haven't been able to find the problem. If anyone could look over my files, I would really appreciate it.

Here's the folder with my files: https://mega.nz/folder/vktF0ABD#u8kKyt6Q9T36F-b56o9rVQ

Make sure File Extensions are enabled in your Folder Options (google how to enable file extensions for your version of Windows, or whatever OS you're on, if you don't know how), then add .txt to the end of all your scene1 and scene2 files. It's not able to read them because they're not .txt files.

How do I set a custom title

Hello, I am new to PyWright and I enjoyed your game (Conflict Of Interest) very much!
Can you make new episodes appear after you beat one? (Ex. you beat the first case and the second case appears on the case list.) Can you do that? If yes, can you please help me? Thank you! :edgey:

I'm a Koopa that wants to be an attorney

You made possible a lot of ideas for fangames. Congratulations. Or, as my Decktionaery says, Congratulanations. :phoenix:

One question? Does anybody know how to use (in PyWright) customize buttonpress?

EDIT: I found it is: set _bigbutton_img
set _bigbutton_img_high

just for people who need it.

I Am M2

Does anyone know how to do perceive and psyche locks? I have the images needed and I've checked out the example, but I want to be able to customize it and I am struggling to do it. Thanks! :godot:

Dracarys!

ItzM2 wrote:
Does anyone know how to do perceive and psyche locks? I have the images needed and I've checked out the example, but I want to be able to customize it and I am struggling to do it. Thanks! :godot:

I have the code for both of these in Conflict of Interest if you want to copy/paste that. Both perceive and psychelocks have a lot of moving parts and it can get confusing if you're trying to do it from scratch.

I Am M2

Ropfa wrote:
ItzM2 wrote:

I have the code for both of these in Conflict of Interest if you want to copy/paste that. Both perceive and psychelocks have a lot of moving parts and it can get confusing if you're trying to do it from scratch.

Thanks!

Hello!

I am using PyWright and am having a lot of fun with it!

I am trying to replace the default profiles/evidence button with a custom one that highlights. I've gotten the button to show up where the old one used to be but I just don't know how to make it change to the profiles screen and change the buttons graphic to the evidence button. I've got all the graphics I need ready I'm just not sure how to go about changing the court record to the profiles screen after clicking the button. And also how to remove the button when exiting the court record.

Ok got that working. But I'm still unsure as to how I remove this button upon pressing the back button. Like the opposite of the "showrecord".
Thanks in advance. :will:

Hello, I'm trying to make an fan game but this problem always appears and I'm following the step by step exactly how is teached

Undefined:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'scene'
scene:'intro' line '1'
Page 6 of 6 [ 213 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Present Evidence » Games