Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 1 post ]

Turnabout Lullaby (Text-Based Interactive Fancase)Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

Note: Case contains spoilers for Spirit of Justice, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, and Dual Destinies. Set post-SoJ.

As Apollo defends Klavier in a copyright lawsuit, he finds himself dogged by perplexing questions. Why did Klavier release a song with the same melody as Lamiroir’s latest hit? Who’s been leaving ominous notes around Lamiroir’s house? And why do all his cases end up turning into murder trials?

Features:

• HTML-based interaction: Press statements, check Court Record descriptions, and catch contradictions!
  • Trial and investigation phases: Present your badge to everyone! EVERYONE!
  • Optional point system: Will you aim for a perfect Lawyer Point score, von Karma-style?
- - -

Link to text-based fancase: Turnabout Lullaby

---

What is this?

It's an interactive fanfiction in progress. Currently, it's up to chapter 14, which means that the first trial, the investigation, and the start of the second trial are up!

---

Why interactive fanfiction? Why not another fancase?

Because sprites are hard, and I've already made a fangame in a custom engine. In a text case, the only limit on the animation is my imagination and ability to describe the scenes.

---

Why should I play this?

Every cross-examination where you can present evidence ALSO has a custom message for presenting your badge. Every. One.

More seriously: the initial scripted writeup of this case won first place in an r/AceAttorney casewriting contest, beta-readers have liked it, and in many ways it's the most 'original-flavor' AA fancase I've done yet. Setting aside the unusual premise, I've tried to make the puzzles and dialogue capture that AA feel!

Finally, don't you want to argue copyright law? You DO want to argue copyright law, don't you?

(Don't worry, there is also a murder.)
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games