Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 4 of 131[ 5216 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 131  Next

Re: PWLib CasemakerTopic%20Title

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

Now it won't do any good since i have only 20 mins until next class begins. I wanted to resize to both fits the final size as in pw games (when the effect finishes), so I was going to use Photoshop with a real pw game shot for easier resize, and positioning too.

With Photoshop I could easily do that. :franny:

Spoiler:
Just three things to go, and I'm stuck with linux. Really. It is crappy as long as it just doesn't have some great software as windows does. GIMP sux major a$$. Photoshop is the way to go.

PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Four is Death

Will it be able to show a basic conversation? As in, just the 'Talk' command, and Psyche-locks? That's all I'm looking to do for the moment ;P

I call it lack of ambition.

CourtEngine Programmer

GIMP is fine man, lol. I use dit all the time back in the day cause Photoshop took to many resources for my meagar system.

are you looking to just resize images? really? lol

Anyways, GIMP is Linux's Corel Paint Shop Pro essentially, not s feature filled as Photoshop but GIMp is fully capable of doing what your looking to do and easy. I wouldn't be bashing software with a legacy like GIMp so quickly ;) simply implying "i dont like GIMP, Photoshop is my tool of choice" will keep Open Source lynch mobbers at bay. Simply saying GIMP sux cause you dont know how to use it, is called 'Trolling'.

Just thought id point that out ;)
CourtEngine Prototype: 69%
"XML is like violence: if it doesn't solve your problem, you're not using enough of it."

I know, i wanted to do more than resizing. I hate GIMp's interface, it is just stupid sometimes. What sux in it is the interface mainly. :chinami:

Yes, basic conversation is working, and psychelocks only lack the chains and locks animations (as i was working on it, but paused to express develop on pwlib).

PWLib "Hayase" has all basic PW features. Complete Investigation, Courtroom. No half-baked betas. :zenitora:

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Local Unassuming Guy

DJDarkViper wrote:
simply implying "i dont like GIMP, Photoshop is my tool of choice" will keep Open Source lynch mobbers at bay.

Heh, you nailed that right on the head. ;P

Anyways, I noticed that I have been somewhat distant from these forums lately, but I'm really looking forward to seeing PWlib completed. Keep it up, KSA, and if you want to discuss anything, as always IM me since I'm always up for a chat. :D
♫ Na dnie serca pozostanie zawsze ślad, kiedy Ciebie już nie będzie tu! ♫

^ Ji Hye Jang

KSA - if you're looking for something free, and you don't like GIMP, try Paint.NET

http://www.getpaint.net

It has a much nicer interface and is still pretty powerful.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

machinimator

Yup, used that one plenty of times just for when I don't feel like letting Photoshop load; a few differences with photoshop, but good for any basic editing.

And yes, GIMP's interface designers were on crack.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Yeah, that's the only real trouble with it. Photoshop in the other hand as a very good interface.

Well, i'll try to get the add evidence done, since it is the hardest of the three to get working.

So, it seems finally someone decided to play a little (personal) "prank" at me. Yeah, "funny" as hell, very "clever".
It is low, so low to do that behind someone's back. I have a suspect, but I do not have decisive proof, at least yet. There are some very incriminating stuff...

So, someone want to say things about me and doesn't have the nerve to say it on my face? Why? :chinami:

There goes the respect. :edgeworth:

Oh hey, I object.

What happened?

End Quote.

KSA, try not to let your topic get railroaded into an arguement/troll feed. Personally, I think if you hate a program like GIMP, you're more than welcome to express your opinion. I personally never got on with Photoshop's interface, i've always preferred/used Paintshop Pro. I don't consider expressing your opinion on a program's interface being shoddy "trolling" as some people have stated. However, it is bait for trolls to come and ruin your thread/harrass you, so instead of rising to their childish attacks, just keep the topic on track and you'll foil whatever someone "attacking" you had planned, right?

Personally i'm quite looking forward to a release of this, it looks like a very powerful tool. I don't want to see this topic turn into a discussion on internet morales.
ImageImage

KSA_Tech wrote:
So, it seems finally someone decided to play a little (personal) "prank" at me. Yeah, "funny" as hell, very "clever".
It is low, so low to do that behind someone's back. I have a suspect, but I do not have decisive proof, at least yet. There are some very incriminating stuff...

So, someone want to say things about me and doesn't have the nerve to say it on my face? Why? :chinami:

There goes the respect. :edgeworth:

Is this about the wiki edit? 'cause I do have decisive evidence regarding that. Maybe you have the same evidence but don't consider it decisive, though. Anyways, if that is the problem, PM me and I can tell you what I know. :javado:

You know, I just noticed how dramatic this sounds O.o I don't mean to be :keiko: I really have very little info but it may be of interest. Anyways, don't let it get you down! Most people appreciate your work!

Maelstrom wrote:
KSA, try not to let your topic get railroaded into an arguement/troll feed.

Yeah, what's the point of me refraining from trolling if everyone goes on ? :edgy:

Quote:
I have a suspect, but I do not have decisive proof, at least yet.

A quite decisive evidence would be asking a moderator to compare the IP that changed the message (it's logged in the wiki) with the one of your suspect, if he posts in this forum too :phoenix: Although it cannot prove he's innocent, it could prove his guilt.
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

In a short line, someone edited my user page maliciously. From 15:17 to 15:49 on May 5th. (using my local time).

I just had finished GIMP's comments and was going back to work on PWLib when I just opened the page and saw that. My post was just a warning.

I wanted to know who did it to expose him so other people will know. It isn't about PWLib, it's about respect. Some people might have an idea of the suspect I have if they are observant enough.

If someone has decisive evidence, I would like to know (use PM as I don't want to crack this topic).

---------

Now back with your usual topic quality, I think that PWLib "Hayase" has a strong chance of being release in this weekend, if nothing bad comes around. As I get home today I'll sit and work on it.

Lalala. If of all you should know that there's people that has no life like that, who probably won't expose himself and will keep doing this only because you're famous 'n stuff. It comes with it, and it's not biggie and should be ignored completed. In worst case ban the IP from the wiki.
Like I said this is nothing you should go big about or the guy who did it has got the attention he wanted in the first place.

Please no more comments of this case in this topic. All conversations of this theme should be outside of here. I don't want to pollute it. (no offense)

----------------------
I'll be preparing for PWLib's release, and the KSA Technology HQ forum will be open soon. :maya:

KSa Technology HQ board enabled.

http://ksatechnology.no-ip.biz/ktsite/board/

The reason? Easier to map out and manage bug reports, tutorials and such. I can't control and organize a pwlib-specific forum on CR, so it's better.

Don't mess.

Hey, this looks excellent.

What will be the extent of programmable cinematics? On the first page you mentioned animations, but do you think cinematics like the intro of Case 5 of GS1 would be feasible?

You can create generic objects in aige (PWLib) and use the effect placers to make some kind of intro cinematics. Specific animation for that isn't implemented yet, but I think that when AIGE gets SADA with AHLAL it will be easier to create cinematics. :keiko:

Animation in AIGE is defined as "frame/frame" changing as of now, but you can give life to objects with the effect placers, like i do with pwlib itself.

Don't mess.

Ah, okay.

That'll actually be perfect. Thanks :)

Currently, AIGE exposes these effects: slide, fade (screen and object), blink, wipe, flip, shake. Some effects doesn't go well with others, and some doesn't work with animations yet (wipe). As time goes, i can expand these effects and give them more power. If someone needs an specific command, I can try to implement it on AIGE. :will: :keiko:

Don't mess.

Can I give you a hug?

It isn't relaly necessary :edgy:

Just an overview of what effect can do and what special features/limitations they have as of now:

1) Slide
- X, Y slide speed, limiter barrier (X and Y), attenuation (X,Y), duration

2) Fade
- In and Out, with speed. (no duration, defined by speed)

3) Blink
- Blink interval, blink duration.

4) Wipe
- Top hide/show, Bottom hide/show, both on up/down wipe. No left/right wipe yet.

5) Flip

- Flip In and Flip Out. Limited to X flipping.

6) Shake
- Strength, attenuation, duration. No independent X/Y shaking yet.

End Quote.

Hm.. I like the idea of intro cinematics. That'd make for one hell of a professional feel. So KSA, to make an intro in PWLib we would need to make a frame by frame movie right? Will PWLib support being able to overlay text over an animation playing in the background? Also, can you make the animation stop on say... frame 28/100 and then perform some of these effects like shake etc? If so, I could make a pretty good intro animation methinks ^^
ImageImage

You have 2 ways of doing it. You can use AIGE's SAS (Simple Animation System), the "frame/frame" one that is used on normal char animations, or you can use the effect placers with various objects. Or both at the same time, too.

AIGE exposes a text object, so you can put text on screen where you like to.

SAS doesn't support things such as "stop at frame X", "play from frame Z" and things like that yet. I had the idea of expanding SAS to allow "sending effect requests" on frame execution (much like sfx playback), so I may do that later as it will be a bit of time consuming.
As you can control how long a frame lasts, you doesn't need a wait as is. There is a way to make single run animations that will have effects between frames, but it isn't easy for beginners. There is a command, a placer, that allows you to place a command to be run at X frames later.

End Quote.

Hm.. I think I get it. I'm pretty sure I could make a nice intro cinematic, providing my artist for my project is willing to try his hand at drawing frames for animation. A couple of other questions now just to see how much we can exploit from the SAS engine.. Instead of doing a "stop on frame x" type command, is it possible to have the frame link into a new file? Say you reach frame 400 out of 400, then can you set it to automatically change to a new frameset and start from frame 1 without a noticable drop in the animation? Also, is it possible to say... hit frame 235/400, where you have a pause of 5 seconds on the frame, then have the other engine kick in, overlaying the same "frame" on the engine, and using that for the effects? So, having it hit this frame, then start shaking this picture, then having the effects engine delete the picture before the next frame begins?
ImageImage

In each frame, you define the image it will be using and the part of the image you want to use.
As you can set repeations, you can make 3 animations and run them in sequence with repeat 1.
SAS is meant to be a simple system. SADA will superseed it.

With plain SAs you can't have much aside form sfx playback between frames as is.

IN AIGE, effects and animations are independent. An animation or effect will even run when the msgbox is up. So if you set an anim to run with all of its frames delays for 5, and an effect that lasts 40,the effect will run for 8 animation frames.

Yes, some effects can hide the object where the animation is set in, like fade, flip.

SAS had no "sets" of frames, but you gave me a good idea for later on.

End Quote.

Hm.. I see. Thanks for the insight KSA, PWLib and AIGE in general sounds more and more impressive the more I hear about it. I may even use AIGE to make some graphic novel games I had planned in the future :]
ImageImage

AIGE itself has some more interesting features I do not use on PWLib neither I commented out yet.

Also there are others that are running but not exposed in AHLSL commands yet.

SAS itself will be expanded in a matter of need.

Also AHLSL will get some boost later on (targeted to easy customizability too).

End Quote.

Here's hoping for a release soon so I can get to work with it! :D
ImageImage

Oh hey, I object.

Agreed with the above.

:scratch:
I... can't... hold...on...to...my...sanity! I...oh forget it! I'm just too impatient.

A little present: :maya: :pearl:

The kind of judge you can trust

So this means the add evidence animation is done? Awesome! I really can't wait for this to be released!!

Yes, i just need to make it slide in and out of screen to be 100% done. All it needs is effect.

Oh hey, I object.

So we're on the verge?

Yes.

What is my liiiife?!?

:udgy: : Which verge? Has the car we're driving in broken down?

Nah, I'm guessing that means verge of a beta release. If that's so, I'd like to give it a test run, if that's oki ^^

End Quote.

I believe he's releasing it as open beta @ Gerkuman. I can't wait personally.. KSA, at the risk of sounding impatient, any chance of this getting released tomorrow? I only ask as I have 4 days off after tomorrow so.. it'd be perfect for me to get down to working it.. also my artist for my project is coming round tuesday, so I might even get round to doing some OC's in it... Ahh! I can't wait for this release XD
ImageImage

I think no. The flu got me 2 days ago, and it lowered pwlib's dev a lot. Also today is a special date, so only got to mess with pwlib for a few minutes until now.
I'll finish the slide of the evidence add effect (blinking is done) and go to the menus effects.

:maya: :pearl: :minuki: :keiko:

Page 4 of 131 [ 5216 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 131  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games