Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

why Amano doesn't know the reason Von Karma is in prison?Topic%20Title

Does anyone know why Amano doesn't know the reason Von Karma was convicted? Then he had the nerve to ask Edgeworth if Edgeworth ever misses him. For one thing, Von Karma framed Edgeworth for murder, and Edgeworth knew that when he saw Von Karma's letter. Also, Von Karma killed his father and procecuted Edgeworth for that case. That was the only reson he got convicted.
Re: why Amano doesn't know the reason Von Karma is in prison?Topic%20Title

Well in fact, I'm sure that Amano knows why Manfred was convicted. I don't remember what they're talking about but I'm sure that Amano knows the case. He just asked to know Miles' feelings about the case.
Re: why Amano doesn't know the reason Von Karma is in prison?Topic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Even if Amano knew Von-karma was in jail he might not have known that it was because of edgeworth. After all, when Von-Karma was convicted it was it was during Edgey's trial so he was still the prosecutor for the trial so it would have been listed on the record as:
Defense= Phoenix Wright :phoenix:
Prosecutor= Manfred Von-Karma :karma:
Defendant= Miles Edgeworth :edgy:

so it would look like Von-Karma confessed his own guilt during the trial.
(at least i think that's how it is :yogi: )
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: why Amano doesn't know the reason Von Karma is in prisonTopic%20Title

Shut up, Hitler

Despite all he did, I'm sure Edgeworth still felt something for Von Karma beneath the hatred and vengence. The tiniest bit of paternal affection, buried deep inside. After all, Von Karma raised him for years and taught him all he knows.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Wolverfrog wrote:
Despite all he did, I'm sure Edgeworth still felt something for Von Karma beneath the hatred and vengence. The tiniest bit of paternal affection, buried deep inside. After all, Von Karma raised him for years and taught him all he knows.

Right after MURDERING Edgeworth's father, destroying his future and molding him into a despised friendless zombie with a permanent scowl like Von-Karma himself. Only to create a scheme to kill/frame edgeworth, and for what? For gregory only getting Von-Karma a penalty? the dude was a fucking psycho. i dont think Edgeworth has anything for him but small amount of "obligatory" respect as, yes, he taught him, for also giving him a home and probably because he was a famous prosecutor who was responsible for his job ( (2nd.)KG-8 incident & state vs. Fawles) but that is all.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Hello! You Fool, I love you

I gotta agree with the "obligatory" respect part. But surely, I still felt that Von Karma was quite proud that Miles became a prosecutor. Atleast that's what I thought during that scene in the case involving Calisto Yew as the main antagonist.
---

Cupcake Maniac

I also agree with you.
Well yes, von Karma destroyed Edgeworth's future. Edgeworth had originally wanted to become an attorney like his father, but von Karma crushed his dream into tiny pieces.
Edgeworth also thought that he had killed his own father.
Spoiler:
When Yogi and Gregory were fighting, young Miles just threw Yogi's gun away and then they passed out. It is indeed possible that Miles could've killed someone.

Von Karma then raised Edgeworth as his own son.
And yes, Von Karma did seem proud of Edgeworth, but not much of Franziska (that could be the reason why she hates Edgeworth so much)
Alright then...how was Amano supposed to know? Maybe HE DID know that von Karma was convicted but he didn't know about von Karma's REASONS for being convicted...

Shut up woman, get on my horse

wonderwall wrote:
I gotta agree with the "obligatory" respect part. But surely, I still felt that Von Karma was quite proud that Miles became a prosecutor. Atleast that's what I thought during that scene in the case involving Calisto Yew as the main antagonist.

I don't think that Manfred was so much proud of Miles as he was pleased by the fact that he had such a huge amount of control over him. He turned his worst enemy's son into a slightly milder version of himself, and that no doubt gave him an enormous sense of satisfaction. He made sure that Miles thought he was proud of him on that one occasion so that he would want to become the person he became and desperately seek further approval. He was a man so obsessed with insulting the rival that he'd already fucking killed that he neglected his own daughter in favour of petty revenge, messing up both kids really badly in the process.

I think Miles probably does feel some affection towards Manfred, as much as he'd hate himself for it. He lived with the man longer than he lived with his actual father, and the time he spent with him can't have been all misery all day every day, or he wouldn't have modelled his entire life after him. The good times tend to stick out, and the feelings attached to them are extremely difficult to get rid of. Stockholm Syndrome, y'know. Meanwhile, Franziska's sitting in a corner, studying law on her own because Daddy never hugged her. :sadshoe:
Aaanyway, that was all a bit off-topic and probably didn't make a whole lot of sense, because I'm tired as all hell.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby