Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 4 of 7[ 265 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Case 4 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Badass attorney

die another day wrote:
does anyone else think this guy should replace gumshoe? Image

Gumshoe is Gumshoe and can't be replaced! He does a lot to try to be helpful, and sometimes he really saves the day. That guy, Badou, is also awesome in his own way, but has a different purpose.
All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

Do the impossible. See the invisible.

Rain Faraday wrote:
die another day wrote:
does anyone else think this guy should replace gumshoe? Image

Gumshoe is Gumshoe and can't be replaced! He does a lot to try to be helpful, and sometimes he really saves the day. That guy, Badou, is also awesome in his own way, but has a different purpose.

Yeah, they would never replace Gumshoe! I mean, why would CAPCOM ever do something like replace a main character?

:hobohodo:

Damn.
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.

awesome sig made by blinq

oh yeah, he saved the day at the end of both pw case 4 and jfa case 4 ^^' it was stupid of me to think they would take gumshoe away...

Image gumshoe: ^^ all these guys are saying nice things about me! mister edgeworth is never this nice^^

die another day wrote:
oh yeah, he saved the day at the end of both pw case 4 and jfa case 4 ^^' it was stupid of me to think they would take gumshoe away...

Image gumshoe: ^^ all these guys are saying nice things about me! mister edgeworth is never this nice^^

No problem, pal!

Goodman, Marshal, Starr, Skye, Nakamado, Badou...they have nothing on Gumshoe! (Except for some of them dying, scientific skills, detective skills)...*ahem*, but none compare to Gumshoe!
"Rule #1 of Lawyer Stuff: If it's in the Court Record, it's gonna show up in the trial somewhere"
Credit to Tajiri Ami for the Phoenix sprite and Cup_of_Law for the Payne sprite in my signature.

Travolta3335 wrote:
die another day wrote:

No problem, pal!

Goodman, Marshal, Starr, Skye, Nakamado, Badou...they have nothing on Gumshoe! (Except for some of them dying, scientific skills, detective skills)...*ahem*, but none compare to Gumshoe!

yeah what about rou?, he might be as good as gumshoe or better!, but still gumshoe is the best of the best he even has two super fans: meekins and my friend REALLY loves gumshoe(if she found out i told you i would be dead btw ^^')

nobody but nobody is better than gumshoe, pal!!

die another day wrote:
Travolta3335 wrote:
die another day wrote:

No problem, pal!

yeah what about rou?, he might be as good as gumshoe or better!, but still gumshoe is the best of the best he even has two super fans: meekins and my friend REALLY loves gumshoe(if she found out i told you i would be dead btw ^^')

nobody but nobody is better than gumshoe, pal!!

Rou will PWN all!!! Even if he only appears in 2 cases as big sprites and is for some reason a main character...

nobody but nobody is better than gumshoe, pal!![/quote]

Rou will PWN all!!! Even if he only appears in 2 cases as big sprites and is for some reason a main character...[/quote]

:sadshoe: ..you said i was the best, pal :sadshoe:

~I'm a guy, surprisingly~

OMG, September 10th??
That's my birthday. :DDD
Um, is that a good thing? xDD

I'd love to see Rou again. He was such an interesting guy. What I thought was interesting about case 4 though is that it shows that Kristoph isn't the only evil defense lawyer out there.

*waits for imminent Kristoph x Kazura threads*

Moving on up!

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
I'd love to see Rou again. He was such an interesting guy. What I thought was interesting about case 4 though is that it shows that Kristoph isn't the only evil defense lawyer out there.

*waits for those threads for a different reason* j/k

I would also love to see Rou again. I kind of wish we got to know more about the newer characters too. It would have been nice to talk to Rou in this case.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:

More like wait for impending fics amirite? :grossburg: I've already got an idea in mind but I promised I wouldn't do any GK fics until I update my multichapter. Because I am bad. :sadshoe:

I liked seeing little Rou in case 4. His normal design is great but it's possible he looks even better in uniform, rawrr. :sal:
ImageImage

Moving on up!

Croik wrote:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:

More like wait for impending fics amirite? :grossburg: I've already got an idea in mind but I promised I wouldn't do any GK fics until I update my multichapter. Because I am bad. :sadshoe:

I liked seeing little Rou in case 4. His normal design is great but it's possible he looks even better in uniform, rawrr. :sal:

I can't wait to read either of those fics.

I personally liked his regular outfit better. I guess because he's more exposed in it.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Lunaria42 wrote:
Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:

*waits for those threads for a different reason* j/k

I would also love to see Rou again. I kind of wish we got to know more about the newer characters too. It would have been nice to talk to Rou in this case.

To be honest I felt Rou was the perfect rival for Edgeworth. I know it may sound weird but I kind of wish Klavier was a little like Rou in the badass department. Maybe he would have seemed like a more colorful prosecutor then.

Heck maybe Rou can appear in future AJ games that would be kinda cool too.

Quote:

To be honest I quite figured they already existed on fanfiction.net :gant:

It would be one heck of a disturbing pairing. One hates Phoenix... The other hates Edgeworth... and they're both equally insane as well as evil. Wow they really are made for each other. :godot:

I don't think Kazura is evil, and if she is, she's definitely not as evil as Kristoph.
Spoiler:
I mean that this is Kazura's boss, Carnage, who is really mad and evil, Kazura just takes the ordres and do the job, if you see what I mean, that's why I think Kazura is not evil, bad yes, but evil no.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Lunaria42 wrote:
I personally liked his regular outfit better. I guess because he's more exposed in it.

Ho ho, I like the way you think. :hotti: Too bad the designers weren't able to go with their original intention of making him completely shirtless. Sounds like a few sprite edits worth doing...

Quote:

He'd be about 35 by then? I'd like to see him go against Hobo Phoenix sometime, though I can't decide if Rou would like or hate him.

It would be cool for Rou and Edgeworth to team up in another GK game too, though I wonder if he wouldn't make a better combo with Franziska. The two of them seemed to get along well, and Franziska doesn't have a "Gumshoe" of her own. Then with him as her partner maybe it would cut down on the obsessive whippings!
ImageImage

Croik wrote:

Quote:

He'd be about 35 by then? I'd like to see him go against Hobo Phoenix sometime, though I can't decide if Rou would like or hate him.

It would be cool for Rou and Edgeworth to team up in another GK game too, though I wonder if he wouldn't make a better combo with Franziska. The two of them seemed to get along well, and Franziska doesn't have a "Gumshoe" of her own. Then with him as her partner maybe it would cut down on the obsessive whippings!

Yeah but considering Gumshoe follows Edgeworth everywhere like a puppy I doubt that we'll see that any time soon. Though I have to admit I love it when Fransizka and Edgey team up. Even if Fransizka enjoys the role of being the "dominant" one a bit too much in that situation.

But considering Klavier will probably stay on as Apollo's rival. I have no doubts that Rou is going to return in future GK games as Edgey's rival especially since he has more respect for Edgey now.

Badass attorney

Indochine Ramera wrote:
I don't think Kazura is evil, and if she is, she's definitely not as evil as Kristoph.
Spoiler:
I mean that this is Kazura's boss, Carnage, who is really mad and evil, Kazura just takes the ordres and do the job, if you see what I mean, that's why I think Kazura is not evil, bad yes, but evil no.

Spoiler:
I think quite the opposite, this makes Kazura much worse and evil than Dahlia (to name who I thought was the biggest bitch in the series). Kristoph is just insane, or that's what I gather from AJ, if he had other underlying motives, I think we don't know them yet, or I missed them. Dahlia was just scared, paranoid, and may have had a motive to stage the kidnapping that started the chain of crimes (hatred for her father... or perhaps not). Kazura just laughs her ass off until the very end. She may not come from the dead but she sure as hell has no problems bringing a gun to court and killing her own client and Kay's father, probably knowing the fact his daughter was also in the court building. The fact she was following orders is quite irrelevant for me. She might have chosen to blackmail her boss or other things instead of being a murderer.

All Ace Attorney series breakdowns in order of appearance.
WARNING: This includes Gyakuten Kenji towards the end of the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x38Jxeyp-k

That's quite interesting and I understand your point but I still think that Kazura isn't as mad as Kristoph and Dahlia. I agree she's really a murderer, because murdering people under orders is bad and maybe worse than murdering people on your own, but she isn't the evilest character of the game. At least for me!

i like the revamped court scenes.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Awesome case. Every new character was good, with Tyrell Badd being outstanding, and the old characters felt like they were there for a reason, not just tacked on (like in case 3). It was fun interrogating the Judge, seeing Manfred again, and the whole scenario of the video was cleverly done and an interesting solution.

Best case so far.

1000% Knight

...Am I the only one who thinks Calisto's objection is atrocious? (Since I'm not done yet, I'm not reading through the thread yet to see, as I don't want spoilerz ^^')
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

huge GS fan :D

Bad Player wrote:
...Am I the only one who thinks Calisto's objection is atrocious? (Since I'm not done yet, I'm not reading through the thread yet to see, as I don't want spoilerz ^^')

second that!!! the objection! sounded like a man's IMO :eh?:
"To trust or not to trust....i trust you will decide"

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

I don't think it sounded like a man, but it didn't sound like a light-hearted person like she is - or even an objection at all

it sounds like someone reading it from a newspaper or something

1000% Knight

Tinker wrote:
Awesome case. Every new character was good, with Tyrell Badd being outstanding, and the old characters felt like they were there for a reason, not just tacked on (like in case 3). It was fun interrogating the Judge, seeing Manfred again, and the whole scenario of the video was cleverly done and an interesting solution.

Best case so far.

This. I didn't really like Tyrell or Calisto during the middle of the case, but they grew on me really fast near the end. (Although Calisto as a villain, not actually liking her >_>)

I liked how when Calisto got nervous, she applied more make-up, and then how she messed it up xD I wished we got a better break-down sprite... I meant, we already had a laugh attack with Gant, and his was better. The reveal at the end that Calisto was actually Yatagarasu was great. Even if she actually isn't, the drama of the moment is still there. I was so relieved at the end, because I thought Tyrell would be shot!

The whole thing with Kay, and Gummy lying to protect her to so cute and awesome! I loved it! I also loved how that really took up a lot of the case before we actually got down to how the murder was conducted, as it gave us some extra deducting and sleuth-work. Especially since we actually figure out about the fake gunshot pretty quickly, and I thought it was relatively easy.

It was interesting seeing Manny from Edgey's point of view. In his first round of dialogue, he really didn't seem alll MWA HA HA HA HA EVILLLL!!!!!, although he was pretty crazy in his second round. The Judge was kind of tacked on... They needed his testimony of Gummy disappearing, but it could've been any character. Of course, the Judge fits in perfectly with the setting :P Franzy also wasn't really necessary, but a partner is always good :3 I didn't feel like this case really added to her characterization, but she did act just as I expected her to act, from her characterization in JFA and T&T.

The only thing I didn't really like about this case was the music... It wasn't bad, but I don't really thing it was too great. But I did like the KG8 Reminiscence theme...

Don't eat the evidence!

Bad Player wrote:
The only thing I didn't really like about this case was the music... It wasn't bad, but I don't really thing it was too great. But I did like the KG8 Reminiscence theme...

Objection! Calisto and Badd's themes would like to have a word with you.

I enjoyed this case a lot. It was kinda weird seeing Manfred again but he didn't seem quite so evil as I would have imagined. Sure he talked about getting guilty verdicts in 5 minutes all the time, but he never really seemed inherently evil in his interactions with anyone. I feel kinda bad for Franziska though, she gets complete overshadowed by Edgeworth and she's Manfred's own daughter.

Speaking of which, I nearly wet myself on the 2nd part of investigating when I saw Franziska's "partner card". It was great seeing them work together even though Franziska was bratty in the beginning. They ended up making a fantastic team.

I have to say that I didn't immediately suspect Calisto. My first suspect was Badd but once I got to the parts with the windows being open I immediately thought "now why did the crime scene smell like that perfume... OMG IT'S CALISTO!", even though that's not really the track the game went down to prove she had done the deed. I have to say her plan was pretty clever. Using the video tape to create a different murder time was amazingly well-done, too bad for her that Edgeworth and Franziska were on the case though.

Like I said above, Calisto and Badd have incredibly amazing themes. Calisto's is probably my absolute favorite song from the game at the moment.
Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

Idol of Polar Bears

Current condition: Tired, will continue with essay-long hyperbole in the morning. Until then, I'll be having manly dreams of Tyrell Badd being awesome and doing manly things like busting smuggling rings while sucking on lollipops and being badass with an awesome theme song.

Prosecutor

This was a fun case; there was a bit too much of the hallway stuff, given that it was obvious from the moment you did the first cursory scene check what happened there. But there was no other way to delay what was ultimately a very simple solution, I guess. Anybody who didn't suspect the answer from the get-go either hasn't played the other games, or was doing this on auto-pilot, or... seriously, the only time of death evidence is the sound of a gunshot in a room with no exits? Haven't we seen this before?

But the multiple bodies on the scene made for a cool set-piece and a fun confrontation, and the characters really sold this one.

Exhibit A: Tyrell Badd.

Huh, this guy's pretty clearly a set of trite 'badass' cliches given a few gruff lines and - is that a mirror? A lollipop?! Oh, wow, this theme song is catchy. Okay, if this is a transparent attempt to manipulate me through my stereotypical nerdy love of 'awesome,' consider me manipulated.

Exhibit B: Callisto Yew.

She deserves her own spin-off, where, instead of a "present" button, you have a "plant evidence" button, and instead of pressing difficult witnesses and unraveling contradictions, you shoot them.

She loses points for leaving the tape in the VCR, though. Seriously, you had all afternoon and you couldn't slip in there just once and pop it out? Come on! I know you're busy trying to get Gumshoe to fry, but Badd wasn't in there all afternoon. You had a chance.

Everybody fails for not checking the VCR at the beginning of the case. Including Edgeworth, because I pressed that button so many times in the vain hope he'd see the obvious.

1000% Knight

FerdieLance wrote:
This was a fun case; there was a bit too much of the hallway stuff, given that it was obvious from the moment you did the first cursory scene check what happened there.

It may have taken a while to get to the solution of the hallway and disappearing Gummy, but that scenein the courtroom was my favorite in the entire case, so it was worth it for me :P

(And sorry, I didn't really like Calisto's or Badd's theme too much >_>)

The hope that shines through despair.

I can't shake the feeling that I missed something. I examined that Swiss roll to hell and back and I found no Eat button. Where is the Eat button? I must eat the delicious Swiss roll!

EDIT: Also, the Judge's profile in the GK section says that the gender of his grandchild is unknown, but in AAI-4, he clearly states he has a grandson. I think that should be updated.

1000% Knight

T3h_Waffleman wrote:
I can't shake the feeling that I missed something. I examined that Swiss roll to hell and back and I found no Eat button. Where is the Eat button? I must eat the delicious Swiss roll!

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! ;-;

Have you no heart? :zenitora:

Idol of Polar Bears

FerdieLance wrote:
She loses points for leaving the tape in the VCR, though. Seriously, you had all afternoon and you couldn't slip in there just once and pop it out? Come on! I know you're busy trying to get Gumshoe to fry, but Badd wasn't in there all afternoon. You had a chance.

Even if Badd wasn't in there, he was still standing guard outside the door and forensics teams were inside the room to make sure no unauthorized parties tampered with the scene. The only time I assume she would capable of sneaking inside Lobby No. 2 would be right as everyone was about to call it a day, but then stuff happened and she was quickly revealed as the culprit. I can't imagine a single space of time during the afternoon when someone wasn't standing guard over Lobby No. 2.

The hope that shines through despair.

Bad Player wrote:
T3h_Waffleman wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! ;-;

Have you no heart? :zenitora:

I have a stomach. And a love of Swiss rolls. :yummy:

OTTF?

I am in love with this case. Bratworth and Little Franziska romping around together as was just too much fun for me. (My favorite thing in the whole case was when I tapped the Swiss Rolls button on the vending machine and Edgeworth offered to pool money and split a pack with Franziska. She's so determined to be this serious rival, and he humors her, but still treats her like a little sister once in a while. It was such a cute little taste of their relationship.)

Calisto was a spectacular bitch from the get-go. I'm surprised more people in this universe don't flat-out laugh at Edgeworth for being so Edgeworth-y all the time. He's asking for it. I loved every second of her.

Horses: willing servants; never slaves

I've only literally just started this case, and I'm dying with happiness that it has Bratworth (and I'm kinda nervous with Von Karma there ;~;)

...But is the victim's name really Deid Mann...? Really? I mean, it's no big deal... but c'mon xD It's alright though, I'm still overwhelmed with joy by all of the cameos from case 3, so it's no big deal xD

EDIT: By victim, I mean the victim in the original case that's introduced. The one Byrne Faraday was prosecuting (but got removed from).

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Ah, the shining example of how a flashback case should be. LONGER THAN THE 3RD CASE!!! :redd:

I like this case for its length, courtroom examination, and the younger versions of each character.

Hmm, this Edgeworth is not as cocky as I remember him from T&T, it's pretty weird. Although, ya gotta feel bad for him seeing as his first two cases as a prosecutor have both ended in tragedy and never became finished...

Manfred was so scary in this case, it's like seeing a ghost, it's even scarier when he's facing in front of Edgeworth. It was like looking into a mirror...

Young Franzy was pretty funny, but I realized that her voice...just doesn't work as a 13 year old...

I think my favorite part of this game was Young Kay Faraday. OMG, she's so cuuuuuute! And not cute in the creepy way, but adorable kind of cute. you nasty pedos

Tyrell Badd was pretty sweet too, Upon closer inspection, one would notice that he looks a whole lot like a older Gumshoe. I also thought that his mirror was just a giant lollipop. =P

Calisto Yew...I didn't care much for her even when she was known as "Himiko Kazura". If it weren't for the makeup and perfume, I would easily confuse her for a man. Her Objection voice doesn't help. Plus, freckles are a turnoff for me. Although I will admit that she laughs better than Moe and has awesome earrings.

The way Gumshoe kept talking about those Swiss Rolls made me curious enough to go out and buy one myself. Unfortunately, they aren't that good...

I have a strange feeling that the judge in this case is NOT the same judge we all know and love, sure it's pretty obvious they're alike given their personality and beard. But if you look at his profile picture, and then look at his face in any of the other games, you'll see that they're faces are really different. This case made the judge look like some asian old man. Just look at how squinty those eyes are! The shape of his beard is also much less consistent. It's amazing what 2 years can do to a man...

It's fun being a prosecutor cross-examining a defense attorney in court. I'm surprised nobody in the game seemed to care...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

No

Tryrell Bad + Calisto Yew = best characters from the game.

This case ˃ whole Apollo Justice.

Loli von Karma's a little bitch... I love it.

Don't eat the evidence!

I have to agree that Calisto Yew is probably my favorite character from the game. I love how even when she's being serious she still laughs like a buffoon.

I also found it to be a really awesome touch how the final confrontation with Calisto took place in the courtroom. It was like a 'faux' courtroom session and especially fitting for taking down a corrupt defense attorney. Speaking of such, I like how AJ and AAI have brought corrup defense attorneys into the light. The "prosecutors are evil people" theme was getting a tad old but these two games showed that no attorney is immune to corruption.

Inb4 Kristoph/Calisto pairing?
Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

Horses: willing servants; never slaves

DecisiveYoshi wrote:
Inb4 Kristoph/Calisto pairing?

...Oh god. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? ......I can see myself shipping this OTL......

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Mini!Franzy is so cute.
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Athena Internet Defense Force

My "D'AAAAAW" gland kicked in when Kay started sobbing over her father's death.

I'm a softy.
Page 4 of 7 [ 265 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby